Cornwall Football Forum

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Any news on signings for Truro yet? Thought they'd be recruiting busily already! Apologies if this has been covered on another thread...

I believe it's been quiet in terms of signings. Disgracefully run club, they deserve every bit of misfortune they get. Should have kept Leigh Robinson in charge and they'd still be in the National League South. Having said that, he'd probably have resigned after keeping them up after realising what a shambles they are!

6 hours ago, Zac said:

I believe it's been quiet in terms of signings. Disgracefully run club, they deserve every bit of misfortune they get. Should have kept Leigh Robinson in charge and they'd still be in the National League South. Having said that, he'd probably have resigned after keeping them up after realising what a shambles they are!

Another bleddy expert!! Every decision is easy Zac - until your the one who has to make it!! 

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

That's a bit hard Zac. There must be people there that are as saddened and frustrated as the next man, about what has been happening. Best wishes to the club for next and the coming seasons.

54 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Another bleddy expert!! Every decision is easy Zac - until your the one who has to make it!! 

Apologies for having an opinion based on facts.

2 hours ago, superdario said:

Pray tell us the facts then.

Just sacking Robinson is enough to lose respect for them - in the relegation when he joined, out of it when he left, back in once the new old-school guy came in. On a similar note - getting rid of Tully who got them promoted and straight in the National League South play-offs - at this point they were genuinely knocking on the door of the National League, only to replace Tully with Hodges who struggled and has shown his true colours this week. He left when the money went at Truro, came back, struggled and left again two games into the season. Now the money is gone at St Austell he's left even before a training session.

Poor decisions made, sacking talented young managers with proven ability. Instead now they want to lump it up to the giant Brandon Diau who can't run or control a ball to save his life. Really deserve what they get.

8 minutes ago, Zac said:

Just sacking Robinson is enough to lose respect for them - in the relegation when he joined, out of it when he left, back in once the new old-school guy came in. On a similar note - getting rid of Tully who got them promoted and straight in the National League South play-offs - at this point they were genuinely knocking on the door of the National League, only to replace Tully with Hodges who struggled and has shown his true colours this week. He left when the money went at Truro, came back, struggled and left again two games into the season. Now the money is gone at St Austell he's left even before a training session.

Poor decisions made, sacking talented young managers with proven ability. Instead now they want to lump it up to the giant Brandon Diau who can't run or control a ball to save his life. Really deserve what they get.

I'm sure we all look forward to you taking over a football club and getting a series of promotions to the National League South. But then empty vessels make most sound.

25 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

I'm sure we all look forward to you taking over a football club and getting a series of promotions to the National League South. But then empty vessels make most sound.

Where did I say I was going to take over a club? This is a forum for discussion and expressing opinions. 

I would also say Real Madrid are a disgrace of a club - sacking managers after winning the Champions League, having fans boo players for no valid reason (Bale after almost single handedly winning CL final and Ronaldo after not scoring for about three games), lack of respect to club legend Casillas during departure after 725 games etc.

My point being - just by a club having success does not necessarily mean they deserve respect or that they are run well. It's my opinion that Truro City are a poorly run club, which many people would agree with. I'm not sure why my reasonable opinion is such an outrage to you.

Robinson was going to get us relegated and we took a chance with not that many games left, normal in football.  The Tully decision I agree, no idea why he was got rid off, perhaps we'll never know.  I think there is much more to Lee leaving than money, I could have an educated guess, but I won't on social media.  The money hasn't gone at St Austell, he was led up the path by the sound of it, 4 of there best players were already leaving for Helston, despite him being told it was a settled team.  Brandon was a gamble that didn't work.  We have new owners, are losing players who I didn't think were good enough for Conference south, lets wait and see what happens before the season starts. I've already been impressed by our new fitness coach and I expect further news in the next few weeks.  Really looking forward to the new season!!!

Getting rid of Tully seemed odd but he was the only one who showed any ability at that level. The others were out of their depth imo. Plus there is two sides to every story which we may never know. As the new owners have only been here for five minutes it cant be said that the club is a disgrace,maybe in the past but no point dwelling on that now. Give this new mob a chance and hopefully the club will be run properly.

Playing a whole season at torquay infront of one man and his dog. Pretty much sealed relegation. What a decision that was from the club. Home games are always vital in staying up.  

Signing players like river Allen etc who is actually a good player then just getting rid again , how are you meant to be build a team with that attitude  

The club just seem to roll from one disaster to another.  Give it 4 or 5 years they will prob be back in the peninsula league while clubs like Helston and parkway march on past them 

Torquay was hardly a choice the club made lightly, it was that or go into extinction.  We can debate Rivers qualities and his constant arguing with officials, but he gave his all for us.  We may probably end up back in the local leagues, wouldn't that make all the non ambitious, bitter rivals happy!!!

55 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

The club just seem to roll from one disaster to another.  Give it 4 or 5 years they will prob be back in the peninsula league while clubs like Helston and parkway march on past them 

Wouldn't bet on Helston taking promotion sportsman 10. The top Cornish clubs have not got a record of taking promotion to a higher league! Perhaps Deacs could tell us how many times it has happened in the last 30 years?

1 hour ago, superdario said:

Torquay was hardly a choice the club made lightly, it was that or go into extinction.  We can debate Rivers qualities and his constant arguing with officials, but he gave his all for us.  We may probably end up back in the local leagues, wouldn't that make all the non ambitious, bitter rivals happy!!!

You also may disappear completely,  if that is ambition you can keep it.

29 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Wouldn't bet on Helston taking promotion sportsman 10. The top Cornish clubs have not got a record of taking promotion to a higher league! Perhaps Deacs could tell us how many times it has happened in the last 30 years?

🤔🤔🤔 As we know not very many! In fact two clubs! However, the goalposts have been moved slightly recently with taking promotion in the future going to be more difficult to squirm out of with the alternative being possible demotion!

I hate to suggest it but I can see clubs being happier finishing second rather than champions!

Ideally I think we would all want to take promotion and climb the pyramid ladder, however as we know it has its pitfalls!

But can anyone tell me what the structure is at Truro ? Is there any  Plan.  

The player turnover must be massive  and after hodges left and his links to argyle youth players the player quality is declining. How come parkway ,Tiverton Taunton etc seem to be picking up players Truro seem not good enough and they seem to be thriving at new clubs  

I just look at a club like plymouth parkway doing things the right way with ambition to climb the league structure 

45 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

But can anyone tell me what the structure is at Truro ? Is there any  Plan.  

The player turnover must be massive  and after hodges left and his links to argyle youth players the player quality is declining. How come parkway ,Tiverton Taunton etc seem to be picking up players Truro seem not good enough and they seem to be thriving at new clubs  

I just look at a club like plymouth parkway doing things the right way with ambition to climb the league structure 

The three clubs that you mentioned have;

Settled management teams.

Established infrastructure and solid committees /boards. 

Clear strategic visions.

Their own grounds.

Early days for the new owners and management I know, but Truro currently have none of these.

Look at Taunton where Rocky Neal, Matt Wright, Shane White, Ed Palmer and Ryan Brett (all ex Truro) are thriving at a successful and stable club. They carried on seamlessly after Leigh Robinson and Michael Meaker left due to an effective structure and strategy being in place. The quality of their recruitment and retention again this summer underliines this. 

Spoke to a member of the Truro squad last season (who I won't name) who told me that it was a NL South club that was on occasions run like a Sunday morning pub side. One example he gave was that at one match they didn't have enough socks available. 

10 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

The three clubs that you mentioned have;

Settled management teams.

Established infrastructure and solid committees /boards. 

Clear strategic visions.

Their own grounds.

Early days for the new owners and management I know, but Truro currently have none of these.

Look at Taunton where Rocky Neal, Matt Wright, Shane White, Ed Palmer and Ryan Brett (all ex Truro) are thriving at a successful and stable club. They carried on seamlessly after Leigh Robinson and Michael Meaker left due to an effective structure and strategy being in place. The quality of their recruitment and retention again this summer underliines this. 

Spoke to a member of the Truro squad last season (who I won't name) who told me that it was a NL South club that was on occasions run like a Sunday morning pub side. One example he gave was that at one match they didn't have enough socks available. 

Ok playing southern league but National League is a.different kettle of fish.

On 20/06/2019 at 10:49, Rayvon said:

Nige won't be very happy with that news but a great acquisition for City.

All town supporters will be sorry to see wardy leave .A fantastic lad on and off the pitch ,don't begrudge any player making the step up to a higher level of football .Thanks for your service to Falmouth Town Wardy .👍

3 hours ago, Rayvon said:

It's was all systems go up at Treyew Road yesterday with a working party consisting of Pirates and City players mixing with volunteers all helping to get the ground in shape for the coming season. All in all a very successful exercise. Team to start training shortly so we will all be put out of our misery as to who's who. 

Good job the Pirates players were there otherwise not much would have got done! Can't achieve much with a five-a-side team!

• 1 month later...