Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin start to recruit for new season

After watching the Kernow FA game- there was plenty of chat amongst the players - I predict at least 5 players in the squad to sign for Bodmin.

Lorenz - Goldsworthy - Brokenshire - Chambers - Turner

Major impact on st Austell with three others heading to Helston!!!

let the player merry-go-round commence

7 hours ago, SWL Veteran said:

After watching the Kernow FA game- there was plenty of chat amongst the players - I predict at least 5 players in the squad to sign for Bodmin.

Lorenz - Goldsworthy - Brokenshire - Chambers - Turner

Major impact on st Austell with three others heading to Helston!!!

let the player merry-go-round commence

With Parkway, Tavi and Exmouth gone, it could be an interesting season next year in Peninsula League East .Bodmin and St Austell are refreshing their squads, Falmouth and Saltash looking to get back into contention, Helston seemingly strengthening and contending, and also the possibility of an outsider team stepping up (Mousehole or Porthleven?).

• 3 weeks later...

James Lorenz to be announced soon, will be on in excess of £140 a game.  Madness to pay that for a player that didn't really do it against the better teams in a poor league last season.

Lewis Russell also off to Bodmin after Saltash have signed the lad from Callington, Josh Wright.

Sam Hillson would more than do a job for Bodmin. Don’t know enough about the lad in regards to “being a bad apple” but his trophy cabinet isn’t too shabby and am sure Gilbert wouldn’t take any nonsense or let anyone disrupt the team, Carter also on Gilbert’s radar and looking to get him in the Bodmin shirt for a third spell. Lewis Russell would also be a good recruit and would probably pick up a few extra ££ at Bodmin after surprisingly being told he wouldn’t be a regular in the Saltash 11. Have also heard Bodmin are trying to convince Danny Brooks to sign and give the league another shot.

44 minutes ago, teflon123 said:

Sam Hillson would more than do a job for Bodmin. Don’t know enough about the lad in regards to “being a bad apple” but his trophy cabinet isn’t too shabby and am sure Gilbert wouldn’t take any nonsense or let anyone disrupt the team, Carter also on Gilbert’s radar and looking to get him in the Bodmin shirt for a third spell. Lewis Russell would also be a good recruit and would probably pick up a few extra ££ at Bodmin after surprisingly being told he wouldn’t be a regular in the Saltash 11. Have also heard Bodmin are trying to convince Danny Brooks to sign and give the league another shot.

hillson an average player , carter would be a gr8 signing to help bodmin challenge again ! russell is another average player , slow and 1 dimensional. wud luv to see carter and hobbs together  again tho ! class strike force back in the day haha

10 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

so Bodmin are signing all there old players then Hillson been there before Carter been there and pretty sure Lewis Russel been there so much for me hearing from a Bodmin supporter Torpoints LUKE CLOKE and JAMES LORENZ where to be new signings not tthe old ex players

Sam Hillson would be a good signing for them, could also be a positive move making him captain. For someone who's still quite young, he's been around for a while in successful sides now and should be ready to step up in terms of extra responsibility. 

Regarding Danny Brook rumours, he was one of my favourite Parkway players, but not sure what sort of level he is at now. Understand he's been playing mostly Sunday league for the past year or so.

Honestly can’t see Danny brook being bothered with getting fit for Saturday football. Happy with turning up for a game Sunday mornings 

do fear for Bodmin. Used to be the go to club for big players now they seem to be scrabbling around for players of old or just bang average run of the mill ones. 

13 minutes ago, mockey jackson said:

Who would you sign?

Well 4 of the departed St. Austell players. 

Eddy, Goldworthy, brokenshire and the young left back. Fair enough the full back is better than this league. Suppose if rumours are right these would cost 2 much. What do I know, I'm a spurs supporter

49 minutes ago, mockey jackson said:

I'd take the strikers but not brokenshire 

Think he's a better midfielder than Gilbert was last season. Some of his vision when I saw him in St. Austell games  were brilliant. Like a dif forum page says. We can all have our say.

54 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

COYS

I'm thick. What does that mean?

3 hours ago, paul pearce said:

Well 4 of the departed St. Austell players. 

Eddy, Goldworthy, brokenshire and the young left back. Fair enough the full back is better than this league. Suppose if rumours are right these would cost 2 much. What do I know, I'm a spurs supporter

Probably tells you where Bodmin are right now, 5-6 seasons ago they would probably have been confident of taking any players they fancied from other Cornish clubs. 

17 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Probably tells you where Bodmin are right now, 5-6 seasons ago they would probably have been confident of taking any players they fancied from other Cornish clubs.

That would only be on back of splashing the cash. A few trying the same now. What for?. Parkway with all their outlay couldn't manage to get out of their league. 

2 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

That would only be on back of splashing the cash. A few trying the same now. What for?. Parkway with all their outlay couldn't manage to get out of their league. 

2017/18 -Champions of SW Peninsula League. Promoted.

2018/19-Runners up in Western League.

Les Phillips Western League cup winners.

On 18/06/2019 at 23:29, swilly bingrove said:

hillson an average player , carter would be a gr8 signing to help bodmin challenge again ! russell is another average player , slow and 1 dimensional. wud luv to see carter and hobbs together  again tho ! class strike force back in the day haha

If last year is anything to go by Hobbs is finished, on the other hand Carter had a good season at Parkway

On 23/06/2019 at 20:37, sportsman10 said:

Hobbs been written off before. Just needs to get fit and shed a few pounds and he be top player still. 

Pounds or stone 😖, although seriously a very good player who has played nowhere near at the standard he should have, whereas u could say the opposite of Carter who last year surprised me with his impact at Parkway

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a old boys reunionat Bodmin ,with Hillson ,Joyce , Bailey and i expect this will be Leeds big announcement Glynn Hobbs back at Bodmin i said this months ago when i heard it from a Bodmin Cmmittee man also Bodmin have signed Tallan Mitchell and Nathan Summmers so they have got a good side but still cant see anyone getting near Helston this year .I have been taking in Some Truro friendlies and they do look really good especially there defence of WARD , RICHARDS, MBAYE are really good and they got the impressive JAMES lorenz signed up now and he looked really good  the other night vs Plymouth Argyle .

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Looks like a old boys reunionat Bodmin ,with Hillson ,Joyce , Bailey and i expect this will be Leeds big announcement Glynn Hobbs back at Bodmin i said this months ago when i heard it from a Bodmin Cmmittee man also Bodmin have signed Tallan Mitchell and Nathan Summmers so they have got a good side but still cant see anyone getting near Helston this year .I have been taking in Some Truro friendlies and they do look really good especially there defence of WARD , RICHARDS, MBAYE are really good and they got the impressive JAMES lorenz signed up now and he looked really good  the other night vs Plymouth Argyle .

As I said before in this topic. Where's the exciting signings. Others trying to get better. Bodmin just plodding along