Cornwall Football Forum

If any more Trelawny League Clubs are interested in joining the Combination League for next season, would they please make contact with Lester Thomas (Secretary) before 6.00pm on Wednesday 29th May.    Contact details: 01209 219239 or lesterthomas1710@ hotmail.com

I don't have the up-to-date details because I'm not the contact for Clubs but I believe that Penwith Exiles, Penryn Reserves, Helston 3rds and Wendron 3rds had applied. If those four are still going ahead, the Combo would need a minimum of four more teams to achieve a viable League - in my opinion!

2 hours ago, John Mead said:

I don't have the up-to-date details because I'm not the contact for Clubs but I believe that Penwith Exiles, Penryn Reserves, Helston 3rds and Wendron 3rds had applied. If those four are still going ahead, the Combo would need a minimum of four more teams to achieve a viable League - in my opinion!

Well I presume you have the 5 from last year plus Newquay. What I mean is what is the future? Will combo & Trelawney merge in a years time as suggested? If so surely it's a no brainer for Trelawney prem teams to apply. 

44 minutes ago, #sausagefingers said:

Isn't combo and trelawny ranked at the same step now ? If so you would just promote the relevant number from trelawny league...gonna be alot of shuffling either way..

Yes and no.  Yes they are both recreational league but, as they have been for a long time, they are placed in a pecking order within County Rules (Rule 3).  The long standing promotion arrangements between the tow Leagues mean only 2 get promoted as of right.  Any others can then apply to fill any vacancies that there may be.  This is where the Combination may have a problem as if enough don't apply (and nobody can make them) to make the Combination viable their options are limited.  Time is now of the essence so I would like to think that the Combination are already having background discussions with the Trelawny about the possibilities as both leagues are affected whatever the outcome..

Trelawny have not been contacted by Combo Committee yet .....I personally think it's much simpler to join up now ...rather that prolong the inevitable !!

On a side note are clubs aware the match fees are increasing for referees to £30 plus travel in Combo , only £20 in Trelawny ! 

But that's just me being sensible ...lol

Seems like the combo league are waiting for everything to be done for them, can’t see the combo committee  members being able to sort this mess out.

I think they should merge the combo with Trelawny and have one committee .

Also how will it work with players signing on? For instance could a player sign for ; Falmouth SWPL , Penryn St Piran, Pendeen Combo and Holmans Trelawny ????

11 hours ago, zebedee said:

Trelawny have not been contacted by Combo Committee yet .....I personally think it's much simpler to join up now ...rather that prolong the inevitable !!

On a side note are clubs aware the match fees are increasing for referees to £30 plus travel in Combo , only £20 in Trelawny ! 

And  a £5 fine per game if you have no qualified linesman which I think will turn a lot of clubs away..

Better the devil you know, combination league will be non existent very soon, Trelawny Prem will feed the St Pirans league and vice versa so just ride it out and let the combination clubs drop down to Trelawny prem and then shuffle the Trelawny leagues at the AGM (or beforehand) = JOB DONE!

3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'd make my whole squad attend, and then any of the substitutes could run the line.

Like the old days.

Totally agree but the trouble you got is it’s not like the old days, players won’t even sit on the bench let alone run the line nowadays 

12 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

I’m sure those tutors would also come along and do the course during training one week!

Great suggestion.

12 minutes ago, bigbadbarry said:

Totally agree but the trouble you got is it’s not like the old days, players won’t even sit on the bench let alone run the line nowadays 

Trust me...in my team they would. 

9 hours ago, zebedee said:

Trelawny have offered courses for last 3 years ...nobody took the chance to get people qualified !!

Wasn't aware of this

5 hours ago, bighairydave said:

I’m sure those tutors would also come along and do the course during training one week!

That would be brilliant. Roughly how long a session would it require?

23 hours ago, zebedee said:

The Combo will be waiting for tomorrows 6.00pm deadline for applications to be finalised. Once the situation is clear, they will no doubt make a sensible decision which is in the best interest of the Clubs. There is, as yet, nothing substantial to discuss.