Cornwall Football Forum

from Penzance AFC

The closing date for applicants is this coming Saturday June 1st.

As a result of tonight's EGM, Deryk Heywood resigned as Chair following the 'non merger' with Mousehole. He was thanked for his services. 

The new Chair elected was Mr Nick Duncan, who brings with him a wealth of football knowledge. We are very excited with what the future holds. 

Charlie Farley 

Why oh why do people who claim to support a club, choose to air their dirty washing in public.
It shows a total disrespect for the club and its officials who should show a little class and not respond to public baiting by so called supporters.
We wish Penzance Football Club good luck for next season, and hope that they can find a few in their midst, of the kind who built the club by WORKING TOGETHER and tolerating each others differences.
They were indeed supporters in the true sense of the word.

Good luck to Penzance let’s hope it all works out. 

Now lets see if all the people on previous chats come forward to help ie Cornish Dave and gossip man just to name a few. 

People like Terry, Charlie and John Mead work very hard to try and do the best for the club and have been given a lifeline. Let’s hope that other people see this as an opportunity and don’t waste it. 

On 28/05/2019 at 23:25, FootieMan said:

Lol

Here's the actual facts:

7.10pm Secretary shouts
"We dont want no outsiders" 

8pm Lets introduce Option B 

Nick Duncan ""from up North"" who we've met twice

(Nicks been in the room the whole time)

Welcome to our club Nick

🙈

Unbelievable 

What is Nick Duncan's Background?

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

New manager at Mousehole from  Bodmin Jake Ash should be a great appointment if he is good as a manager as he was a player  Mousehole will have a good season whatever happened to Josh Otto ,Victor Watyana Good luck to Jake and Mousehole FC

Great appointment by Mousehole to get one of the most decorated footballers from Cornwall in recent history. 

Should be able to work with the existing  set up/players and attract young players to be part of the ongoing project. Onwards and upwards.  

Sad to Kevin leave he did a fantastic job in a short period of time. I’m sure another club will get the benefit of Kevin working for them in the not to distant future. 

5 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

His dad would kill him!

Why would Andrew leave Falmouth for Penzance, that's a ridiculous comment, two teams that will be at contrasting ends of the table, also Falmouth a far bigger & more 'secure' club it seems. Been really impressed with them last couple of season's. 

14 hours ago, burt said:

Was at ludgvan for 2 weeks last season!

2 weeks ..... !? Or do you mean year's !!? 

With a young family I couldn't see Westy leaving his home town club. And I'm glad he's not. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves for turning around a historically successful club who had been in the doldrums for too long. I'm sure he'd agree it's still a work in progress. 

Plus how many managers help out around their club with painting and other odd jobs when others expect it done for them.

11 hours ago, Whistle Blower said:

With a young family I couldn't see Westy leaving his home town club. And I'm glad he's not. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves for turning around a historically successful club who had been in the doldrums for too long. I'm sure he'd agree it's still a work in progress. 

Plus how many managers help out around their club with painting and other odd jobs when others expect it done for them.

If the club was more supporter friendly I am sure more people would help out, myself included!

BIG Al  you say “if Falmouth was more supporter friendly” all I ever read from you is negative comments about the club, numerous times last season you had invites to come to a game and even offers to pay your admission. Do not see how they could be more supporter friendly than that, surely you could meet them half way.

I am in no way connected to Falmouth just don’t understand why someone purports to support a club but will not except and olive branch when extended.

7 hours ago, burt said:

Been informed that Anthony Reynolds is the new Penzance manager.

According to social media that is correct. Thanks to Reno to taking on the job. No matter what happens on the pitch next season, we still have our identity and there is no merger.

Anthony did a great job in his time at Hayle. I would like to wish him all the best.

4 hours ago, PzFan said:

According to social media that is correct. Thanks to Reno to taking on the job. No matter what happens on the pitch next season, we still have our identity and there is no merger.

Anthony did a great job in his time at Hayle. I would like to wish him all the best.

Let’s hope the current committee gets some help from all the PZ Afc fans that were outraged about the merger. 

I think the noisy neighbors will be flying high next season and Penzance will be having a rebuild which I genuinely hopes works out as PZ have always been a massive part of local football in the area. 

11 hours ago, BIG AL said:

If the club was more supporter friendly I am sure more people would help out, myself included!

Firstly Westy is a Falmouth boy and with other players, they work together to create the environment,  do work on the ground etc. 

Secondly why don't you list what you want from the club. You never suggest anything. You say if the club was supporter friendly, how can they do that? They serve hot food and have cover on all four sides (the only Cornish club to do so). They have had a pretty good season, play good football, have a young enthusiastic manager, have a decent team, won the Senior Cup. What more do you want or expect?

On 07/06/2019 at 23:33, Whistle Blower said:

Firstly Westy is a Falmouth boy and with other players, they work together to create the environment,  do work on the ground etc. 

Secondly why don't you list what you want from the club. You never suggest anything. You say if the club was supporter friendly, how can they do that? They serve hot food and have cover on all four sides (the only Cornish club to do so). They have had a pretty good season, play good football, have a young enthusiastic manager, have a decent team, won the Senior Cup. What more do you want or expect?

A promising start would be a smile and thank you from the person accepting the entry charge !

2 hours ago, Whistle Blower said:

Over to @mattelot, @Mike Odgers, @Numpty, @Quiet Man and any others involved at Falmouth to ensure Mr Toy gets a smile when paying the entry charge!

Big Al hasn't been to a home game for so long that he doesn't realise that there is a lovely lady taking the money on the gate .Always says hello how are you and a thankyou after paying ,even a thankyou very much if you give her the correct money needing no change .IF he turns up for the 1rst home game of the season I will buy his half time refreshment and his favourite ketchup with chips. Over to you Big Al .

3 hours ago, mattelot said:

Big Al hasn't been to a home game for so long that he doesn't realise that there is a lovely lady taking the money on the gate .Always says hello how are you and a thankyou after paying ,even a thankyou very much if you give her the correct money needing no change .IF he turns up for the 1rst home game of the season I will buy his half time refreshment and his favourite ketchup with chips. Over to you Big Al .

Blimey, a change detected!