Cornwall Football Forum

Mousehole - Penzance merger is off!

I asked re Deryk Heywood and response was - "he was appointed interim chairman at PZ to oversee the potential merger discussions, among other things. 

PZ have an EGM scheduled for this Tuesday,  at which presumably various decisions will be taken by their Committee and members as per their Constitution."

Having read all the details. Was it not Penzance that went to Mousehole asking for the merger? And now Penzance look to have led Mousehole down the garden path with all this. I would say well done to Mousehole for not getting into bed with this snake! A very well done for Mousehole Keeping their history & any future history they make. Going to be Interesting what Penzance plan B is! Because it sounded like they were is the crap before any of this.

1 hour ago, PzFan said:

Good luck to all at Penlee Park. Keeping our identity is so important. Glad the merger has not happened. 

Let's hope people put the effort where their mouths are. So many pz fans all of a sudden. Time to roll you sleeves up and help your club. This mess would never have happened if the pz fans had a, turned up to support their team and b, people volunteered to help the club maintain a manageable state. 

4 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Well done to all at Penzance Football Club. Porthleven Football Club wish you every success in your long term future. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Well done? For what lol

If I was based in Penzance I would like to have helped out in some way. Living and working in Bristol makes that a bit difficult! 

For various reasons I took a lengthy break from this forum last year. My next break from it will probably be permanent. Won't miss it sadly.

7 hours ago, burt said:

Having read all the details. Was it not Penzance that went to Mousehole asking for the merger? And now Penzance look to have led Mousehole down the garden path with all this. I would say well done to Mousehole for not getting into bed with this snake! A very well done for Mousehole Keeping their history & any future history they make. Going to be Interesting what Penzance plan B is! Because it sounded like they were is the crap before any of this.

Rather a harsh response from someone who obviously has no idea of the heartache involved in potentially losing the identity of a Club which people have worked tirelessly for over many years! When thrown an unexpected lifeline only last week, the elected members of Penzance AFC had a duty to explore that option as well. No final decision had been arrived at; that was due to be made at an EGM tomorrow evening. I am obviously relieved that PzAFC will live on and also happy for the many supporters of both Clubs, most of whom found the proposed merger difficult to accept.

I have never been to the Penzance ground, but we have met a couple of times when you have ventured to Plymouth, the last time was at Elburton Villa. One day I may get the chance to watch a Home game. The very best of luck to Penzance FC in the future. 

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

Rather a harsh response from someone who obviously has no idea of the heartache involved in potentially losing the identity of a Club which people have worked tirelessly for over many years! When thrown an unexpected lifeline only last week, the elected members of Penzance AFC had a duty to explore that option as well. No final decision had been arrived at; that was due to be made at an EGM tomorrow evening. I am obviously relieved that PzAFC will live on and also happy for the many supporters of both Clubs, most of whom found the proposed merger difficult to accept.

I should imagine John with your affiliation with Penzance for .. well ... We won't mention how many year's, this has come as huge relief. I am pleased to see you have kept the identity of your football club. Always nice visiting Penlee Park (been a few years now) but still one of the finest grounds in Cornish Football. Good luck this season, I hope you get the Supporters back you deserve, West Cornwall's biggest football club deserve's better fortune's. 

5 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I should imagine John with your affiliation with Penzance for .. well ... We won't mention how many year's, this has come as huge relief. I am pleased to see you have kept the identity of your football club. Always nice visiting Penlee Park (been a few years now) but still one of the finest grounds in Cornish Football. Good luck this season, I hope you get the Supporters back you deserve, West Cornwall's biggest football club deserve's better fortune's. 

Wrong again Leeds, Helston now West Cornwall's biggest football club. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

I completely agree keeping the club's identity etc, but what happens if this new knight in shining armour, fails to deliver? Do Penzance go cap in hand to Mousehole to save them again! 

5 minutes ago, Whistle Blower said:

Mousehole didn't save them in the first place!

As I said earlier! From what I've read, Penzance have approached Mousehole about a merger, (save their ass) Read up the information on this forum please before making comments my friend.

Just to put you all in the picture, senior figures of both Clubs have been in fairly regular and amicable contact since the merger was originally proposed by Mousehole over 12 months ago. Circumstances meant it became a more attractive proposition to consider a few weeks ago.

The Club is not in debt and is in a sustainable position if it uses it's resources sensibly. The only issues with Penzance AFC that I can see are the lack of Committee Members to share the load and that there is no Manager in place yet. Hopefully, tomorrow's EGM will help resolve the first issue. Finding the right Manager might take a little longer.

5 hours ago, burt said:

As I said earlier! From what I've read, Penzance have approached Mousehole about a merger, (save their ass) Read up the information on this forum please before making comments my friend.

They approached,  they talked and nothing happened. How have the Seagulls saved the Magpies?

Let’s hope all the people calling for Penzance to keep their identity and stay as PzFC come to the forefront and help the dwindling committee that is currently in place. 

As Jon Mead mentioned earlier it’s easy to sit behind a keyboard and say stuff but actually getting off your ass and helping your so called club is a different matter. 

I hope they can sort it out so there is more local clubs to compete against. 

Plan B will be interesting........