Cornwall Football Forum

St Piran League Constitution 2019-20

The constitution of the St Piran League Divisions has now been set and passed to the FA for ratification.  The ratification process takes place next week and confirmation of the divisional make up and membership is expected early in the week of 3rd June.  All successful and unsuccessful applicant clubs have been informed.

The inaugural St Piran League AGM will take place at the CCFA Offices on 10th June.  

West

1              Falmouth Town Reserves

2              Hayle

3              Helston Athletic Reserves

4              Illogan RBL

5              Ludgvan

6              Mousehole AFC Reserves

7              Mullion

8              Penryn Athletic

9              Perranporth

10           Perranwell

11           Redruth United

12           St Agnes AFC

13           St Day

14           St Ives Town

15           St Just AFC

16           Wendron United Reserves

East

1              AFC St Austell Reserves

2              Bude Town

3              Callington Reserves

4              Lanreath

5              Launceston Reserves

6              Liskeard Reserves

7              Millbrook AFC Reserves

8              Morwenstow AFC

9              Polperro AFC

10           Saltash United Reserves

11           St Dennis AFC Reserves

12           St Mawgan AFC

13           St Stephens Borough

14           Sticker Reserves

15           Torpoint Athletic Reserves

16           Wadebridge Town AFC Reserves

9 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

Is there anyway to skip the st piran league and go straight to peninsula league? Or are we stuck here now 😂We wanted a promotion and some progression,  That's just combo with a new name 

Surely  if you win the St.Piran league you will go up  , as the new pyramid  system 

Will be great to play Ludgvan and mousehole  games again 

1 minute ago, Adlestrop said:

Can the Clubs hand on heart sat that this new set-up is any stronger than last season's Leagues ?

Maybe not but it has been forced on the clubs as an FA  initiative   , they make the laws of the game  ☹

I’m sorry but what a joke this is. Fair play to st mawgan for taking the jump up bit for years st Stephen was close to go up a league then we done it and won div 1 back to back same as foxhole deservedly going up always on the rule only one up from duchy now two teams jump straight in to this league I just don’t agree with it all. 

Can't blame clubs for jumping ship. Now lets see that means in the East there are 16 teams 10 of which are reserve teams. Which means 6 teams able to get grants. Unfortunately just as before reserve teams can't get promotion so what was the point. The only word I can think of is 'suckered'

6 hours ago, Mr Justice said:

So teams have left the Combo to join a league which is basically still the combo plus a Trelawny League side. Will the winners take promotion to SWPL Premier?  

That's how it has ended up but obviously, that was not the original plan. Because "end-to-end" travel was something the interested teams found unacceptable, the only way to fulfill the FA mandate was to run with East & West divisions. The Combo & ECPL committees were reluctant to join forces to run the Step 7 League in the first place, so the current situation has evolved as the solution. I appreciate it seems harsh on the Leagues below Step 7 but - with the co-operation which I know exists - there is no reason why each cannot retain their identity and continue to provide competitive football in Cornwall; that's what ALL Leagues were created to do.

4 hours ago, ECPL said:

Can't blame clubs for jumping ship. Now lets see that means in the East there are 16 teams 10 of which are reserve teams. Which means 6 teams able to get grants. Unfortunately just as before reserve teams can't get promotion so what was the point. The only word I can think of is 'suckered'

All 16 CLUBS in the East are able to obtain grants!

7 hours ago, coady-9 said:

I’m sorry but what a joke this is. Fair play to st mawgan for taking the jump up bit for years st Stephen was close to go up a league then we done it and won div 1 back to back same as foxhole deservedly going up always on the rule only one up from duchy now two teams jump straight in to this league I just don’t agree with it all. 

Agreed, everyone seems to be making changes for making changes sake. 🙄 Why didn’t St Stephen take the step up? Seems to me you either take a step up or a step back to duchy prem with a different name... 

18 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

The constitution of the St Piran League Divisions has now been set and passed to the FA for ratification.  The ratification process takes place next week and confirmation of the divisional make up and membership is expected early in the week of 3rd June.  All successful and unsuccessful applicant clubs have been informed.

The inaugural St Piran League AGM will take place at the CCFA Offices on 10th June.  

West

1              Falmouth Town Reserves

2              Hayle

3              Helston Athletic Reserves

4              Illogan RBL

5              Ludgvan

6              Mousehole AFC Reserves

7              Mullion

8              Penryn Athletic

9              Perranporth

10           Perranwell

11           Redruth United

12           St Agnes AFC

13           St Day

14           St Ives Town

15           St Just AFC

16           Wendron United Reserves

East

1              AFC St Austell Reserves

2              Bude Town

3              Callington Reserves

4              Lanreath

5              Launceston Reserves

6              Liskeard Reserves

7              Millbrook AFC Reserves

8              Morwenstow AFC

9              Polperro AFC

10           Saltash United Reserves

11           St Dennis AFC Reserves

12           St Mawgan AFC

13           St Stephens Borough

14           Sticker Reserves

15           Torpoint Athletic Reserves

16           Wadebridge Town AFC Reserves

Hi Steve, when will the Competition Rules and Admin be published. ? Will it be similar to SWPL regarding Kick Off times, Team Sheets, Referee Admin, etc ? 

All Referee Promotion Candidates will now be tested on Competition Rules of all Leagues and Tournaments that they officiate in.

3 hours ago, Jimmyruff said:

Agreed, everyone seems to be making changes for making changes sake. 🙄 Why didn’t St Stephen take the step up? Seems to me you either take a step up or a step back to duchy prem with a different name... 

As club it’s was voted on with the decision to stay in east Cornwall feels like a step back now as you say the whole situation is mad

1 hour ago, referee said:

Hi Steve, when will the Competition Rules and Admin be published. ? Will it be similar to SWPL regarding Kick Off times, Team Sheets, Referee Admin, etc ? 

All Referee Promotion Candidates will now be tested on Competition Rules of all Leagues and Tournaments that they officiate in.

They'll be published on the Full Time site when it becomes active.  The clubs will get a soft copy with the AGM calling notice either tonight or tomorrow.

The League will be paperless as far as possible but there will be an exchange of team sheets before the game.  Kick off times will be confirmed at the AGM but I wouldn't expect any change from the current times.  There are a couple of referee initiatives that will allow for early or Friday night kick offs to hopefully free up some referees for the lower leagues in an attempt to alleviate the shortage for them.

Thanks Steve,  Good idea to have midweek and Friday fixtures as most clubs have floodlights. Earlier kick offs are good for the Referee shortages and also allow for people to watch two matches and for Clubs avoiding local clashes (Newquay/Godolphin or St Austell/StBlazey). 

23 hours ago, Leemccheese365 said:

Morwenstow must like to travel 👏👏👏👏👏👏 my old mate grosey will win that league with st Dennis with the signings he’s got up his sleeve 

All I need really is someone like Shaun German to bank roll me n I'm laughing.....

18 hours ago, coady-9 said:

As club it’s was voted on with the decision to stay in east Cornwall feels like a step back now as you say the whole situation is mad

Does that mean ur jumping ship n joining us then Mr coad?beers cheaper at st Dennis too!!!!

On 25/05/2019 at 12:25, coady-9 said:

The plans have been out for some time. Could have applied to Pirran League, Sticker Res have gone from Duchy Prem to Pirran, jumping the ECPL1.

Did you not fancy it?

21 hours ago, Whistle Blower said:

Who will do the fixtures and will there be tradition Boxing Day games against local clubs? Falmouth playing Penryn instead of Perranwell or the weird way the Combo did it.

That'll be me!  Once I have the SWPL fixtures, the 'unavailability' dates from the clubs and the County Cup dates I'll be getting on with them.  The Clubs have been asked if they want Boxing Day fixtures etc.etc. and where possible local derby games will be fitted in.  There's also a Ground Hop event over the Easter period as well to consider.

6 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

That'll be me!  Once I have the SWPL fixtures, the 'unavailability' dates from the clubs and the County Cup dates I'll be getting on with them.  The Clubs have been asked if they want Boxing Day fixtures etc.etc. and where possible local derby games will be fitted in.  There's also a Ground Hop event over the Easter period as well to consider.

Awesome!!

On 24/05/2019 at 18:17, Adlestrop said:

Can the Clubs hand on heart sat that this new set-up is any stronger than last season's Leagues ?

ill let u no now as i played in the duchy premier league for godolphin AFC there are 4 or 5 teams in that league that would quite easily be able to challenge if not beat a large majority of the teams in last years combo or east Cornwall i will let u no now u will be in for a shock alot of the players in those league could step up to peninsula league football so dont be fooled by this i am just stating so u no not starting a argument just so some of u teams that are already in those leagues no what is moving up to these new leagues :)

On 02/06/2019 at 23:13, Cornishfootball said:

The plans have been out for some time. Could have applied to Pirran League, Sticker Res have gone from Duchy Prem to Pirran, jumping the ECPL1.

Did you not fancy it?

I was one of the few who voted st pirans feel like it’s a step backwards with out going anywhere staying in east Cornwall st pirans league looks competitive with a lot of lovely pitches to play on