Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Clubs looking for new managers

Rodney, nowhere am I talking about money.

All I said is St Just have suffered from a lack of players and should not rely on just the two front men or they might end up like Ludgvan.

Only three clubs in West Cornwall from the "Senior Leagues" seem to have had a good year, Mousehole, St Ives and Hayle.

The rest of us seemed to have suffered.

Is it the Mousehole influence on "Senior" players as the smaller "Junior" sides seem to be doing OK? 

Are Mousehole now becoming a bad influence in West Cornwall? 

Who will be the next "Domino Effect" club to suffer or are they out of geographical range re players and supporters? 

4 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

In that case which name shall we check for in the membership book? Confucius he say: " In village of the blind, big mistake to poke only one-eyed man with stick." 

Don’t fret Isaac your membership book holds about as much standing as your ‘Life President’ role.

17 hours ago, David187 said:

Isaac, without covering the issues with words that most can’t read let alone interpret why not be transparent with your answers regarding the questions asked ? 

Why so against a change of management at St Just ?

Why not let the Committee run the Club and make the Big decisions without your interference?

Why the negativity towards those who do so much behind the scenes at the Club ?

Your limited vocabulary is not my problem. My interest is in the first team and its management. I have to give them support because some of the committee, stirred by two men, one a Penzance business failure and the other his gobby little gofor, do nothing in practical terms whatsoever and are so conspicuously absent when needed that their motives are questionable. Others, given the right leadership, could improve, but the toxicity of those who would like to cast aside the most loyal club man has extended to deliberate sabotage of meetings they can't pack nnd manipulation of trusteeship.

I do apologise for some of my vocabulary errors, it does surprise me that how someone so educated throws public insults and accusations of theft around at will ? You’ve said it yourself that you’re only there to support the first team and it’s management so will this continue when there is a change of management or will you then walk away ? 

This shows again that this is a personal agenda which is detrimental to the Club.

If you have so many opinions on how the Club should or is being run why not come down and have another go at destroying it ?

You say your loyalty lies with St Just and the first team but was that including the period where you tried to entice our manager at Penzance at the time behind ours and St Just’s backs with reference to wanting them as “you’re number 1” regardless of the current manager ???

3 minutes ago, David187 said:

I do apologise for some of my vocabulary errors, it does surprise me that how someone so educated throws public insults and accusations of theft around at will ? You’ve said it yourself that you’re only there to support the first team and it’s management so will this continue when there is a change of management or will you then walk away ? 

This shows again that this is a personal agenda which is detrimental to the Club.

If you have so many opinions on how the Club should or is being run why not come down and have another go at destroying it ?

You say your loyalty lies with St Just and the first team but was that including the period where you tried to entice our manager at Penzance at the time behind ours and St Just’s backs with reference to wanting them as “you’re number 1” regardless of the current manager ???

On that note this is goodbye from me.

Sorry. David187, despite striving to understand what you are on about I have failed. I don't even know who "your" manager is. Penzance management is presumably whatever Mousehole decide to impose. Are you referring to your probation officer, or perhaps your nantal health counsellor ? Whichever, I wish you a cordial goodbye and extend my compassion to the rest of your search for yourself, even if that requires repositioning your cranium beyond the part of your anatomy on which you are currently seated.

12 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Sorry. David187, despite striving to understand what you are on about I have failed. I don't even know who "your" manager is. Penzance management is presumably whatever Mousehole decide to impose. Are you referring to your probation officer, or perhaps your nantal health counsellor ? Whichever, I wish you a cordial goodbye and extend my compassion to the rest of your search for yourself, even if that requires repositioning your cranium beyond the part of your anatomy on which you are currently seated.

No surprise in that response ! Well at the very least you know the thoughts of YOUR Committee and Clubs supporters it’s just a shame it had to come from a supporter of one of your biggest rivals.

better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all.

4 minutes ago, David187 said:

No surprise in that response ! Well at the very least you know the thoughts of YOUR Committee and Clubs supporters it’s just a shame it had to come from a supporter of one of your biggest rivals.

better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all.

Used to be one if our biggest rivals. Then they got relegated. Then they beat up a referee. Then they went bust. So now their flotsam and hetsam, looking for a home, interfere in the affairs of other clubs. We already have too many of your ex players up St Just with Squire Bucket and Spade hanging on to the coat tails of St Just's eminence grise and using his demented roadrunner the Great White Hope of Scaffolding to undermine people who gave given SJAFC half a century between them. Now you are posing as an expert on our Constitution. I am sitting here writing the club history, with a full set of minutes. 

Isaac, people with personal agendas within Clubs can tear them apart thus what’s happening at yours where your allowing your personal views and grievances get in the way of Club progression, you keep mudslinging towards Penzance AFC which is all based on the fact that all your best players strived to play at Penlee Park at some point in their playing career (and who wouldn’t) assaults happening on the pitch ??? That’s the pot calling the kettle black don’t you think ! What baffles me is how you even have an active band of volunteers left after all the references to them as thieves, lemmings to name a few, maybe you should stop fretting about the goings on at Pz AFC and concentrate on your own Club which clearly are waiting for your resignation of “Life Club Protecter President “ or whatever role it was you made up.

On 20/05/2019 at 08:55, isaac rosenberg said:

No doubt you are one of the idiots down there who will be voting for Farage on Thursday.

Isaac, you may be fairly well-educated but still descend into insulting those who seek to break free from undemocratic rule from abroad. Do not insult us, lest we begin to question your Quisling motives.

(Sorry, but you can't PM Isaac.)

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

With all the dirty washing appearing on here, I don't think the club is looking that great either!

The club is great! It’s just being embarrassed by two individuals who feel the need to argue on a public forum. Rodney rose to the bait and all it’s done is put the club he confesses to love in bad light. This squabble should be left until the AGM if they both respect the club.

16 minutes ago, 1ofthekids said:

The club is great! It’s just being embarrassed by two individuals who feel the need to argue on a public forum. Rodney rose to the bait and all it’s done is put the club he confesses to love in bad light. This squabble should be left until the AGM if they both respect the club.

So are you in agreement with the said views that have been posted towards Isaac ? Or are you one of the people who will attend his AGM and look at your feet ?

If the answer to the second question is "Hell, no !" my little exercise in raising awareness will have been a shining success !:c:

15 hours ago, David187 said:
5 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Isaac, you may be fairly well-educated but still descend into insulting those who seek to break free from undemocratic rule from abroad. Do not insult us, lest we begin to question your Quisling motives.

(Sorry, but you can't PM Isaac.)   Tom ! No wonder you gave up teaching. We of the Blob are busy purging Faragistes. Next thing you'll be imposing cisgenderism !  

1 hour ago, David187 said:

So are you in agreement with the said views that have been posted towards Isaac ? Or are you one of the people who will attend his AGM and look at your feet ?

Is it relevant? I care about the club of St Just, not your petty argument with Mr Issac. I look forward to your input at the AGM. Until then let’s respect the club.

15 minutes ago, 1ofthekids said:

Is it relevant? I care about the club of St Just, not your petty argument with Mr Issac. I look forward to your input at the AGM. Until then let’s respect the club.

Indeed yes ! Petty ? Maybe it could be perceived in various definitions but I can appreciate your interpretation to some degree, I’m glad you’re looking forward to my input at the AGM i shall be the one in the cloak looking at the floor with a knife in my back.

52 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Correct David, go to the top of the class. I repeat though - the exchanges are doing neither side credit frankly - in my opinion. I suggested a closure on that basis.

Well with respect you are associated to neither Club so I appreciate your concern and suggest you refrain from reading/following this thread

5 minutes ago, Keith B said:

David - I served on the committee of St Just AFC some seasons ago. During that time I never missed a match home or away. I retain a great interest in, and follow the Tinners progress still. Who are you ?

Obviously someone who is not as knowledgeable about St Just as he thought.

20 minutes ago, Keith B said:

David - I served on the committee of St Just AFC some seasons ago. During that time I never missed a match home or away. I retain a great interest in, and follow the Tinners progress still. Oh yes and I also own a St Just AFC club tie, given to me by Steve Curnow for my loyalty to the club.  Who are you ?

Keith i stand corrected my apologies, also given a tie so that shows a fair amount of commitment, correct me if I’m wrong but don’t they usually present a tie for 10 years service? Well done on that tenure, not many people do 1 month these days let alone a period like that, how many years did you serve St Just AFC in total if you don’t mind me asking?

1 minute ago, Keith B said:

David - Steve Curnow gave me my tie, unceremoniously, at an away game one evening (think it was at Porthleven). He said I was the most devout supporter he'd ever known. Once again I was the only Tinners supporter who turned up at an away match. I always did, what ever the weather. 10 years service didn't come into it. :)

That’s quite some accolade, home and away games deserves recognition, How long did you serve actively on the St Just Committee Keith ? 

3 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Couple of seasons - until we left St Just. My wife was missing the grandchildren too much, so we moved back into Devon - to take up baby sitting and child minding !!!!! :)

Moved to Devon some six years now .. but keep looking west towards the setting sun.

Haha comes to us all Keith, lovely little setting down there at Lafrowda Park and I can see why people get drawn to the place, so much potential as a Club.

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

You are right David. St Just AFC - so much potential as a club, yet unrealised frustratingly. There was when I was there, so much keenness at the club. The second team players and their wives and families supported the club, getting involved etc, but sadly not so much with the first team players and their families. That may have changed now ? It is sad to read on here what has happened seemingly. Yet, a few weeks ago I met Secretary Ben Waye in St Just, we chatted and there would seem to be much good will at the club still.

I hope they sort out the problems and move the club forward again. They still have good players there and the potential remains.

PS - talking above of the involvement of players wives with the club - one weekday morning, I was painting the outside walls of the stand and, inside the stand a group of players wives were cleaning out and painting both dressing rooms. That was the level of commitment at the club then. There was a good atmosphere around the place - is that so now ??

I'd like to think so but . . . . ?

Not from my experiences Keith, quite a toxic atmosphere between the Club supporters and some of the committee members towards a lot of aspects of the football matters on and off the pitch and individuals within the Club, shame to see but it is consistent and no secret amongst the terraces as to speak.

Again I visit Lafrowda periodically when I can so just my opinions 

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

I'm very saddened to hear this David. I shall be down in St Just in a couple of weeks time - my wife is dog sitting for a friend whilst she is in hospital. I will try and see a few people and find out what I can of this current situation. Surely nothing can be so bad that it cannot be sorted out in an amicable way. I have great respect for those associated with the club whom I got to know fairly well. The future of the club should be uppermost in people's minds. An upward and healthy future that is.

Yes a Club with an enviable history it must be said, too many clubs falling around us Penzance being prime example so i do hope there can be a progressional future for St Just AFC, I’m sure they would appreciate your input Keith.

22 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

If it weren't for emergency Life President action, you would be facing Pendeen eight tines a year In a six team league. No need to thank me, just Get With The Programme !

I suppose you get to make those calls without consulting a committee when your the Life President ? 

We have the committee of three including a manager and secretary that met in a van every time you tried to prevent legitimate attempts to keep the club running. When you say Money Man, you mean you count other people's ? You'd have to erect a lot of scaffolding for your betters to deserve the name on your own behalf, wouldn't you ?