Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheMoneyMan

Combo Clubs looking for new managers

Recommended Posts

Just posting what I’m hearing at the moment in the west combo football circles, 

Pendeen ?? Maybe a return for the local icon Andre Peters from what I’m hearing he  would certainly attract some new players! 

St Just ?? Will there be a managerial change this summer ? I’m hearing from the locals that they and the remaining Club members want a change of management?? 

Again could just be rumours that always circulate this time of year 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMoneyMan said:

Just posting what I’m hearing at the moment in the west combo football circles, 

Pendeen ?? Maybe a return for the local icon Andre Peters from what I’m hearing he  would certainly attract some new players! 

St Just ?? Will there be a managerial change this summer ? I’m hearing from the locals that they and the remaining Club members want a change of management?? 

Again could just be rumours that always circulate this time of year 🤔

😂😂got to love the rumours Andre was back as my no2 last season and will be continuing in that role this season,and it’s quite disrespectful to speculate what is going to happen at any club Steve Curnow does an amazing job at st just and has for a long time is a great manager and has the respect from his players would love to these so called people that want a change do as much as he does 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wazza1999 said:

😂😂got to love the rumours Andre was back as my no2 last season and will be continuing in that role this season,and it’s quite disrespectful to speculate what is going to happen at any club Steve Curnow does an amazing job at st just and has for a long time is a great manager and has the respect from his players would love to these so called people that want a change do as much as he does 

Steve curnow the most underrated manager in the combo. Top manager and top guy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing disrespectful at all and not at all questioning anybody’s commitment, in a position of management you are open to criticism as is anyone it’s called free speech my friend, plenty of Clubs popping up on here advertising for new managers as others step down etc it’s always the way this time of the season, it’s usually the ones who go on the defensive and attack that have squeaky bums and reasons to fear the vote of no confidence !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheMoneyMan said:

Nothing disrespectful at all and not at all questioning anybody’s commitment, in a position of management you are open to criticism as is anyone it’s called free speech my friend, plenty of Clubs popping up on here advertising for new managers as others step down etc it’s always the way this time of the season, it’s usually the ones who go on the defensive and attack that have squeaky bums and reasons to fear the vote of no confidence !

😂😂just think people should concentrate on there own clubs and worry so much about others perhaps they are trying to deflect what’s actually going on at there own club🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wazza, again not questioning any commitment and what anyone has done for any Club ! You’re missing the point, it’s just merely what is coming from the People associated with the Club and both Clubs members ! Don’t take it personally, a manager is a huge voluntary commitment but it’s also not a compulsory one ! They are Clubs within communities and if the majority of people associated with the Clubs want a change of management then that’s what needs to happen ! I’m sure they will recognise and appreciate any service given to the Clubs, the winds of change are definitely blowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

Steve curnow the most underrated manager in the combo. Top manager and top guy!

Why and who underrates him? Think it is common knowledge throughout local football that Steve is and has always been a top man and top manager who has that extremely rare quality - loyalty. Wasn't a bad player either mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, le boss said:

Why and who underrates him? Think it is common knowledge throughout local football that Steve is and has always been a top man and top manager who has that extremely rare quality - loyalty. Wasn't a bad player either mind.

And one of the funniest guys around if you take time to have a pint with him after a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

again nothing about disrespecting anybody or judging anyone’s commitment, with all this taken into account whoever it may be they should not be exempt from a change at the helm, yes I applaud anybody for lengthy service but it inevitably becomes “stale” and attracting players becomes more and more of a task

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve Curnow and his boys will always be welcome to continue the excellent jobs they do at St Just. As the Combo deteriorates, controlled as it has been for years by people of the calibre of John Roberts and Vidal James, they represent the real spirit of the game. I have no idea which undermining little do-nothing is engaged in trying to stir trouble this time and doubt that they are worthy of detection. If the good people of St Just, and there are many, really need a few grand, they know where to look. Recite the right incantation in Headbutt Corner and King Arthur will be riding westwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Steve Curnow and his boys will always be welcome to continue the excellent jobs they do at St Just. As the Combo deteriorates, controlled as it has been for years by people of the calibre of John Roberts and Vidal James, they represent the real spirit of the game. I have no idea which undermining little do-nothing is engaged in trying to stir trouble this time and doubt that they are worthy of detection. If the good people of St Just, and there are many, really need a few grand, they know where to look. Recite the right incantation in Headbutt Corner and King Arthur will be riding westwards. 

The locals want change Issac and it’s a fair statement, great service which needs applauding but with respect inevitably the Club needs a new direction now, change is a good thing don’t be afraid of it embrace it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The locals." Which ones ?

If you knew anything about me at all, you would appreciate the irony of your final, comma-spliced imperative. I have spent most of the last fifteen years of my career in various forms of change management. My politics are about as far from opposing change as you can get. Moreover, everybody reading this knows who I am, even if one of my addresses is no longer "local". Whether they like what I write or not, all would probably concede that my heart is metaphorically attached to the interests of St Just AFC.

They may not know who you are, however. Why not identify yourself ? And if you are a money man as you say, I am sure several clubs would be interested in your proposals. So am I. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a wander up the town and ask the opinions of the people yourself ?? Why the protective stance when confronted with the possibility of a new manager at St Just Afc ? New ideas, new players, new ethos etc, from what im hearing all the members want change but in a respectful manner so why not embrace it ? Always such a taboo subject but come on we're all adults ! Things change people change move on

Just now, TheMoneyMan said:

Take a wander up the town and ask the opinions of the people yourself ?? Why the protective stance when confronted with the possibility of a new manager at St Just Afc ? New ideas, new players, new ethos etc, from what im hearing all the members want change but in a respectful manner so why not embrace it ? Always such a taboo subject but come on we're all adults ! Things change people change move on

And yes when the change happens you'll know who i am and why im referred to as the money man.

29 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

"The locals." Which ones ?

If you knew anything about me at all, you would appreciate the irony of your final, comma-spliced imperative. I have spent most of the last fifteen years of my career in various forms of change management. My politics are about as far from opposing change as you can get. Moreover, everybody reading this knows who I am, even if one of my addresses is no longer "local". Whether they like what I write or not, all would probably concede that my heart is metaphorically attached to the interests of St Just AFC.

They may not know who you are, however. Why not identify yourself ? And if you are a money man as you say, I am sure several clubs would be interested in your proposals. So am I. 

And whats your position at the Club to have these decision making style views?

President, committee, trustee? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheMoneyMan said:

And whats your position at the Club to have these decision making style views?

President, committee, trustee?

Life President: read the minutes !  Benefactor, past and future donor and genuine supporter of the club, secretary, chairman, linesman, programme editor, kit buyer, advertising seller and player transporter while the moribund, the lemmings and the light-fingered have let it down. 

"Ethos" ( !!! )  You bandy Greek philosophical terminology at me when you can't even control your apostrophes !

Still unwilling to say who you are......

"All the members."

Last time I looked at the membership book, only nine people had paid their subs. Hope they are the only ones expecting to vote at an AGM.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheMoneyMan said:

Take a wander up the town and ask the opinions of the people yourself ?? Why the protective stance when confronted with the possibility of a new manager at St Just Afc ? New ideas, new players, new ethos etc, from what im hearing all the members want change but in a respectful manner so why not embrace it ? Always such a taboo subject but come on we're all adults ! Things change people change move on

And yes when the change happens you'll know who i am and why im referred to as the money man.

And whats your position at the Club to have these decision making style views?

President, committee, trustee? 

Cool down chum. Isaac has done a lot for St Just over the years and is still greatly respected and thanked by Steve Curnow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great. What is a new manager going to achieve at St Just? What’s the “locals” ambition?

St Just, like many other village clubs were created to provide football in the community and they are doing that with local players. Combo or the St Pirans (West) is the highest a club like St Just should be striving for. Like the rest of clubs west of Newquay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, St Darren said:

This is great. What is a new manager going to achieve at St Just? What’s the “locals” ambition?

St Just, like many other village clubs were created to provide football in the community and they are doing that with local players. Combo or the St Pirans (West) is the highest a club like St Just should be striving for. Like the rest of clubs west of Newquay 

Fair comment Darren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, St Darren said:

This is great. What is a new manager going to achieve at St Just? What’s the “locals” ambition?

St Just, like many other village clubs were created to provide football in the community and they are doing that with local players. Combo or the St Pirans (West) is the highest a club like St Just should be striving for. Like the rest of clubs west of Newquay 

Difficult to comment when you don’t know the situation from inside the Clubhouse, the committee is supposed to run the Club so if they want a change so be it, there must be reasons as to why they want a change, after a long tenure things do become stagnant and a change is necessary, it’s no disrespect to Steven but regardless of how long you’ve managed at any Club it’s not a given right.

4 minutes ago, David187 said:

Difficult to comment when you don’t know the situation from inside the Clubhouse, the committee is supposed to run the Club so if they want a change so be it, there must be reasons as to why they want a change, after a long tenure things do become stagnant and a change is necessary, it’s no disrespect to Steven but regardless of how long you’ve managed at any Club it’s not a given right.

Also St Just is a Town Parish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheMoneyMan said:

 it’s no disrespect to Steven but regardless of how long you’ve managed at any Club it’s not a given right.

 

You can't even spell the man's name.  Another anonymous blow-in, presumably.  I won't repeat myself in relation to committees or otherwise. You know nothing of our club history. Judging by your comments on the Culdrose game, you are not well-disposed towards St Just at all and probably a Penzance supporter. I hope you enjoy your future as Mousehole Reserves. 

Do bring David187 with you to the AGM. Every organ grinder needs a convenient monkey. Or do you take turns playing each role ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

 

You can't even spell the man's name.  Another anonymous blow-in, presumably.  I won't repeat myself in relation to committees or otherwise. You know nothing of our club history. Judging by your comments on the Culdrose game, you are not well-disposed towards St Just at all and probably a Penzance supporter. I hope you enjoy your future as Mousehole Reserves. 

Do bring David187 with you to the AGM. Every organ grinder needs a convenient monkey. Or do you take turns playing each role ?

Haha Isaac you resurface ! Let the committee run the Club and take a step back, you’re nothing to do with the place! people say you’re respected in St Just 🤔 maybe they meant St Just in Roseland ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, David187 said:

Haha Isaac you resurface ! Let the committee run the Club and take a step back, you’re nothing to do with the place! people say you’re respected in St Just 🤔 maybe they meant St Just in Roseland ?

Here is your agenda. You are a supporter of the new merged council pitch void, Smackhole Seagulls FC. You are trying to stir up trouble. You would like to see the whole of west Cornish football plunged as deeply in the brown and sticky as you are.St Just will not be merging with anybody.  

I, conversely, have a number of residual property interests which lead me to have quite a lot to do with the sainted place and I will always be a St Juster, wherever I go. Unlike rival outfits, we never engaged in silly games with Leeds United. Talking of history, just consider Revie, Ridsdale, Bates, Spygate and Sardinian Businessmen and you will understand the imprudence of that.

Two years ago,  I fought a rearguard action against individuals who wanted to sell our 100% owned ground for building. Tragically, one of them is now dead.

Please leave St Just alone. You said on another thread that you were looking forward to returning to watch SWPL. I think you should never have moved away from it. I hope there will be some left for you to watch next season without your needing to go all the way to Helston. Can you afford the petrol ?

   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Here is your agenda. You are a supporter of the new merged council pitch void, Smackhole Seagulls FC. You are trying to stir up trouble. You would like to see the whole of west Cornish football plunged as deeply in the brown and sticky as you are.St Just will not be merging with anybody.  

I, conversely, have a number of residual property interests which lead me to have quite a lot to do with the sainted place and I will always be a St Juster, wherever I go. Unlike rival outfits, we never engaged in silly games with Leeds United. Talking of history, just consider Revie, Ridsdale, Bates, Spygate and Sardinian Businessmen and you will understand the imprudence of that.

Two years ago,  I fought a rearguard action against individuals who wanted to sell our 100% owned ground for building. Tragically, one of them is now dead.

Please leave St Just alone. You said on another thread that you were looking forward to returning to watch SWPL. I think you should never have moved away from it. I hope there will be some left for you to watch next season without your needing to go all the way to Helston. Can you afford the petrol ?

   

 

No agenda I can assure you ! Yes I’m a magpies fan but I had a good 10 year spell living in St Just and still have many friends up there many of whom watch the Tinners, I’m simply reiterating what the noise is coming from the Club and it’s supporters, every time I have been up to watch I’m hearing the same things and also from some of your Committee members who also crave change at the Club, the same members you publicly insulted to a embarrassing level, it’s a shame they don’t have a stronger committee to take control of the situation and stand up to the likes of yourself.

2 minutes ago, David187 said:

No agenda I can assure you ! Yes I’m a magpies fan but I had a good 10 year spell living in St Just and still have many friends up there many of whom watch the Tinners, I’m simply reiterating what the noise is coming from the Club and it’s supporters, every time I have been up to watch I’m hearing the same things and also from some of your Committee members who also crave change at the Club, the same members you publicly insulted to a embarrassing level, it’s a shame they don’t have a stronger committee to take control of the situation and stand up to the likes of yourself.

The way you came on here and insulted and accused all those people Involved with the Club I’m amazed they even let you back in St Just let alone the football Club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The likes of Me ? I assure you, I'm unique. Stand up to me and do what ?

Glad you've found "many" watching us. You recently alleged the crowd was 9. These committee members "craving" control, as far as I know, melt away whenever the time comes for them to exercise leadership themselves. 

You lived a decade in St Just without supporting the Tinners rather than the Seapies ? I think that makes my point that you are a malicious stirrer with no goodwill towards St Just AFC whatsoever. Kindly confine yourself to the needs of Smackhole in future. Smackhole clearly needs you very badly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

The likes of Me ? I assure you, I'm unique. Stand up to me and do what ?

Glad you've found "many" watching us. You recently alleged the crowd was 9. These committee members "craving" control, as far as I know, melt away whenever the time comes for them to exercise leadership themselves. 

You lived a decade in St Just without supporting the Tinners rather than the Seapies ? I think that makes my point that you are a malicious stirrer with no goodwill towards St Just AFC whatsoever. Kindly confine yourself to the needs of Smackhole in future. Smackhole clearly needs you very badly. 

Lots of goodwill towards St Just AFC Isaac, why keep deflecting the issue ! What is the point of even having a Committee if they cannot make any real decisions ! I’m amazed these people allow themselves to be treated the way they are by the likes of yourself and still sit silent against all their true beliefs ! 

You love the Club that’s in no doubt but if it’s to go forward and St Just AFC are going to survive in these hard times of Cornish football let your Committee run the football Club and implement the changes they desire.

Just now, David187 said:

Lots of goodwill towards St Just AFC Isaac, why keep deflecting the issue ! What is the point of even having a Committee if they cannot make any real decisions ! I’m amazed these people allow themselves to be treated the way they are by the likes of yourself and still sit silent against all their true beliefs ! 

You love the Club that’s in no doubt but if it’s to go forward and St Just AFC are going to survive in these hard times of Cornish football let your Committee run the football Club and implement the changes they desire.

If you think I am merely stirring why not ask them their thoughts prior to the AGM ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If you think I am merely stirring why not ask them their thoughts prior to the AGM "

Happy to talk to anybody, but here's the thing. Nobody in St Just has ever said an adverse word to me, nor I to them. All the noise comes from Smackholers like you.

AGMs are a marvellous place to go if you want to see people looking at their feet and pretending not to be in the room. Perhaps we should invite Terry Burgess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, isaac rosenberg said:

"If you think I am merely stirring why not ask them their thoughts prior to the AGM "

Happy to talk to anybody, but here's the thing. Nobody in St Just has ever said an adverse word to me, nor I to them. All the noise comes from Smackholers like you.

AGMs are a marvellous place to go if you want to see people looking at their feet and pretending not to be in the room. Perhaps we should invite Terry Burgess.

They won’t because your impossible to talk to !!!! Nobody wants to be the one to implement changes because of the hurdles you would put in front of them, can you honestly tell me you would support a change of first team management if it was the Committees wish ? They all want change but as long as you’re still lingering it won’t happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, David187 said:

They won’t because your impossible to talk to !!!! Nobody wants to be the one to implement changes because of the hurdles you would put in front of them, can you honestly tell me you would support a change of first team management if it was the Committees wish ? They all want change but as long as you’re still lingering it won’t happen

Happy to talk to anybody, but here's the thing. Nobody in St Just has ever said an adverse word to me, nor I to them

Really ???????????

shall I remind you of the public slagging off of pretty much every member of the Club other than the 1st team manager and the secretary ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Life President: read the minutes !  Benefactor, past and future donor and genuine supporter of the club, secretary, chairman, linesman, programme editor, kit buyer, advertising seller and player transporter while the moribund, the lemmings and the light-fingered have let it down. 

"Ethos" ( !!! )  You bandy Greek philosophical terminology at me when you can't even control your apostrophes !

Still unwilling to say who you are......

"All the members."

Last time I looked at the membership book, only nine people had paid their subs. Hope they are the only ones expecting to vote at an AGM.

 

 

 

 

Life President 😂 You must have invented that position yourself because there’s no way the committee would have voted for that ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

WHAT Committee ? Where are they ? When I arrive from Gloucestershire and have to put out corner flags and run the line ten minutes later, then run round collecting gate money at half time, the question is especially pertinent. 

The order of precedence at most AGMs is that the election of (Life) President precedes that of committees. All I will say in response to your incorrect questioning of my election is that I wonder whether those whom you allege not to have supported me failed to turn up by the advertised start of the meeting and wandered in after this part of the business had been concluded ? The subsequent minutes were displayed and circulated according to the normal methodology. Do you think it is possible that some of the complainants didn't read them at the time ? Shocking lack of due diligence !

Alas, your complaint shows why politically naive Cornwall is always stuck in the Dark Ages. Nobody has ever asked me to relinquish the position. They could always murder me, of course. Is that what you are advocating ?

It is particularly amusing to me that you suggest I am reactionary, when my relationship to change is generally extremely welcoming. No doubt you are one of the idiots down there who will be voting for Farage on Thursday. Thank goodness for Europe to save the Cornish from themselves. Without Poles and Latvians to crimp the pastry, you couldn't even get a proper pasty nowadays.  

I don't know whether you will appreciate this allusive (but not abusive) analogy, but try hard ! 

"What cared Duke Ercole , that bid

The mummers to the market place

What the onion sellers thought or did ? 

So that his Plautus set the pace

For the Italian comedies."

(W.B.Yeats: "To A Wealthy Man Who Promised A Second Subscription To The Dublin Municipal Gallery If It Were Proved The People Wanted Pictures." 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

 

WHAT Committee ? Where are they ? When I arrive from Gloucestershire and have to put out corner flags and run the line ten minutes later, then run round collecting gate money at half time, the question is especially pertinent. 

The order of precedence at most AGMs is that the election of (Life) President precedes that of committees. All I will say in response to your incorrect questioning of my election is that I wonder whether those whom you allege not to have supported me failed to turn up by the advertised start of the meeting and wandered in after this part of the business had been concluded ? The subsequent minutes were displayed and circulated according to the normal methodology. Do you think it is possible that some of the complainants didn't read them at the time ? Shocking lack of due diligence !

Alas, your complaint shows why politically naive Cornwall is always stuck in the Dark Ages. Nobody has ever asked me to relinquish the position. They could always murder me, of course. Is that what you are advocating ?

It is particularly amusing to me that you suggest I am reactionary, when my relationship to change is generally extremely welcoming. No doubt you are one of the idiots down there who will be voting for Farage on Thursday. Thank goodness for Europe to save the Cornish from themselves. Without Poles and Latvians to crimp the pastry, you couldn't even get a proper pasty nowadays.  

I don't know whether you will appreciate this allusive (but not abusive) analogy, but try hard ! 

"What cared Duke Ercole , that bid

The mummers to the market place

What the onion sellers thought or did ? 

So that his Plautus set the pace

For the Italian comedies."

(W.B.Yeats: "To A Wealthy Man Who Promised A Second Subscription To The Dublin Municipal Gallery If It Were Proved The People Wanted Pictures." 

 

So in a nutshell you are saying you’ve deceitfully manufactured yourself a role for yourself to ensure you have complete control over the Club for your remaining years ? 

You talk about people flitting in and out ? That pretty much sums your involvement up these days other than to show your face occasionally to make sure there is no change in the on field management !

You had a couple of seasons where you bought a couple of trophies for (I’m guessing) roughly the cost of half of Penzance’s debts which you claim they have ? Your buying and fast-tracking of said trophies rather than building and developing the local players you had at your feet put the Club into a position where it has never recovered from !

I stand by my word if you don’t let go of the affairs of that Club and let change take place you’ll bury it, it’s on one knee now and soon will be on two if you don’t allow the good people make the decisions they wish to make ! 

I’m amazed these good honest people still support your regime after all the insults and mistreatments, you say they do nothing but who looks after the books, Clubhouse, pitch, bar runs the teams etc 

the only reason your left to do it all is because when your at the place you deter all the locals away !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never deceitful. Your analysis in paragraph three is incorrect, except insofar as I brought money into the club from sources which those like the bed and breakfast bloke from Smacktown Seapies failed to keep up subsequently through uselessness. You are obviously a mouthpiece for a couple of the resentful local ex-players who spent time in what was then a real reserve team because "outsiders" came. Shock, horror, they came all the way from Camborne or Falmouth. I lived in Summercourt at the time. When you have real commitment, distance is no object. Strange that such a criticism comes from a supporter of a team that has always brought in mercenaries. 

"Building" and "developing" them ? What do you do with people who drink heavily on Friday nights and live on crisps ? Look at them. They've certainly built themselves since they stopped playing.

Go away. You're starting to bore me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Never deceitful. Your analysis in paragraph three is incorrect, except insofar as I brought money into the club from sources which those like the bed and breakfast bloke from Smacktown Seapies failed to keep up subsequently through uselessness. You are obviously a mouthpiece for a couple of the resentful local ex-players who spent time in what was then a real reserve team because "outsiders" came. Shock, horror, they came all the way from Camborne or Falmouth. I lived in Summercourt at the time. When you have real commitment, distance is no object. Strange that such a criticism comes from a supporter of a team that has always brought in mercenaries. 

"Building" and "developing" them ? What do you do with people who drink heavily on Friday nights and live on crisps ? Look at them. They've certainly built themselves since they stopped playing.

Go away. You're starting to bore me.

Camborne, Falmouth?? Try Plymouth and there were more brown envelopes being passed around in your time at the Club than Penzance sorting Office 

And I say again that’s what has put the Club in the position it is in today ! Yours and others personal agendas have held the Club back for years, this is the un silent majority speaking here, if you are such an asset to the Club and everyone loves you why are they so hellbent on keeping you out of the place and it’s affairs ? 

Your living in the past, you injected money in for a small period of time and then pulled the plug and thought you were going to have a statue built ? The reality is once money is injected it becomes like a drug habit it requires more and much more than a pretender like yourself can commit to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit, St Just were a bit thin at times this season with a lack of players for some first team games. Even Steve Curnow had to name himself on the teamsheet and even had to appear a couple of times.

Even Rodney must admit without Jack or Ashley they would have finished much lower than their 10th place. Between them they scored 66 goals (according to full-time) whilst the other 43 players used by the side only scored 12 between them.

Rodney will moan, but I fear that St Just will do a "Ludgvan". Ludgvan relied on Gerens James to get them into the SWPL and when he left the team collapsed. St Just may have the same problem if Ashley or Jack left as, and no disrespect to the other squad members, I can't see where their goals will come from without an injection of new blood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2019 at 16:14, Keith B said:

Cool down chum. Isaac has done a lot for St Just over the years and is still greatly respected and thanked by Steve Curnow.

This quote clearly shows you have no idea what you’re commenting on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of washing your dirty linen on here I would think it would be better for all to wait until your agm  and make any announcement  after that , Steve has done a sterling job at St.Just , with a small catchment  areas with Pendeen , St. Buryan and Penzance being close by . Always like my visits To Lafrowda  even in my playing  days  hard team on the pitch to beat great bunch off  , old school  football  . My favourite  type . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Instead of washing your dirty linen on here I would think it would be better for all to wait until your agm  and make any announcement  after that , Steve has done a sterling job at St.Just , with a small catchment  areas with Pendeen , St. Buryan and Penzance being close by . Always like my visits To Lafrowda  even in my playing  days  hard team on the pitch to beat great bunch off  , old school  football  . My favourite  type . 

I agree but Isaacs preference is to slate publicly rather than at a meeting so who am i to alter his methods ! Let’s not lose sight of my points which are in no way aimed at Steven himself, as said before I applaud his tenure. My point is aimed at those who put the barriers up as soon as anybody mentions new management at the Club !! If Steven was to step down by his own wishes tomorrow would Isaac then want to choose the next manager himself ?, that’s not his decision to make its the management committees so why try and crave control and completely undermine the committee over any major decisions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CTB, you could at least pretend some neutrality. Not really the best time for anybody from Penzance FC to lambast my past financial contrbutions, is it ? Glass houses, eh ? See you are playing the usual Penzance game of trying to destabilise players from elsewhere. There you sit on your council pitch subsidised by council tax payers from the whole of the previous Penwith area for decades. Without that, why would Ezra Chapman be bailing you out ? After the glorious complacency of Penzance's win-nothing-for-decades history, based on its assumption that the best players of Penwith would be sucked into its top club, though so often those people sat on benches watching mediocre mercenaries.How many managers have you had in the 24 years Steve has been running St Just? "Growing" and "developing" local talent ? 

Brown envelopes, me ? Sure. And your club ? Unlike St Just, why is Penzance bust, CTB ? 

Neither Steve Curnow nor I ever took a penny out of St Just club. I put rather a lot in. I am looking forward to Money man's input. Heretofore, it has never been the right time to submit any invoices, but none of us know the future.

39 minutes ago, David187 said:

I agree but Isaacs preference is to slate publicly rather than at a meeting so who am i to alter his methods ! Let’s not lose sight of my points which are in no way aimed at Steven himself, as said before I applaud his tenure. My point is aimed at those who put the barriers up as soon as anybody mentions new management at the Club !! If Steven was to step down by his own wishes tomorrow would Isaac then want to choose the next manager himself ?, that’s not his decision to make its the management committees so why try and crave control and completely undermine the committee over any major decisions 

 As a Penzance supporter, David187, you seem surprisingly concerned, if not quite knowledgeable, about St Just's internal workings. All this barking ! Whose dog are you ?

I would welcome the arrival of reliable people who would benefit the development of St Just AFC. We've had some great committee members in the past. Perhaps some of the best people booted out of Penzance would like to lend a hand.   

I actually crave very little. I'm very lucky in many ways. These days I am quite strongly involved in supporter representation at a League Two club; on the committee of another club at Step 5; and diversifying my work interests as I approach retirement. A return to political engagement, charity work and governance also beckon, though not in Cornwall. Illogically,, given its coruscating poverty, my party enjoys little success there.But St Just will always be my first love.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

CTB, you could at least pretend some neutrality. Not really the best time for anybody from Penzance FC to lambast my past financial contrbutions, is it ? Glass houses, eh ? See you are playing the usual Penzance game of trying to destabilise players from elsewhere. There you sit on your council pitch subsidised by council tax payers from the whole of the previous Penwith area for decades. Without that, why would Ezra Chapman be bailing you out ? After the glorious complacency of Penzance's win-nothing-for-decades history, based on its assumption that the best players of Penwith would be sucked into its top club, though so often those people sat on benches watching mediocre mercenaries.How many managers have you had in the 24 years Steve has been running St Just? "Growing" and "developing" local talent ? 

Brown envelopes, me ? Sure. And your club ? Unlike St Just, why is Penzance bust, CTB ? 

Neither Steve Curnow nor I ever took a penny out of St Just club. I put rather a lot in. I am looking forward to Money man's input. Heretofore, it has never been the right time to submit any invoices, but none of us know the future.

 As a Penzance supporter, David187, you seem surprisingly concerned, if not quite knowledgeable, about St Just's internal workings. All this barking ! Whose dog are you ?

I would welcome the arrival of reliable people who would benefit the development of St Just AFC. We've had some great committee members in the past. Perhaps some of the best people booted out of Penzance would like to lend a hand.   

I actually crave very little. I'm very lucky in many ways. These days I am quite strongly involved in supporter representation at a League Two club; on the committee of another club at Step 5; and diversifying my work interests as I approach retirement. A return to political engagement, charity work and governance also beckon, though not in Cornwall. Illogically,, given its coruscating poverty, my party enjoys little success there.But St Just will always be my first love.   

Isaac, without covering the issues with words that most can’t read let alone interpret why not be transparent with your answers regarding the questions asked ? 

Why so against a change of management at St Just ?

Why not let the Committee run the Club and make the Big decisions without your interference?

Why the negativity towards those who do so much behind the scenes at the Club ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David187 said:

Why not let the Committee run the Club and make the Big decisions without your interference?

How many are there on the committee and does it include Isaac?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

How many are there on the committee and does it include Isaac?

Unsure but am told Isaac is nothing to do with the Club as an Officer or committee member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...