Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Fixture - Thursday 16th May 2019

4 hours ago, winston said:

As I stated previously Rich was heard weeks ago saying they would not get a team if st day were in any chance of winning the league. Poor 

Winston, that’s bullshit and you know it.

We didn’t have a squad tonight, simple as that, for us the season is over.

This is stupid. Carharrack couldn't raise a side against Perranporth last week & Penryn earlier in the season. The fact is that Carharrack couldn't raise a team. Today there were only 3 Carharrack players available, I managed to get a few more Threemilestone players to play but that still left Carharrack unable to field 11 men. Not once has it been mentioned about St Day. Carharrack haven't won a game this season, it's Not exactly a rivalry between the 2 teams. Half of St Days squad are ex Carharrack. 

44 minutes ago, Roy D said:

This is stupid. Carharrack couldn't raise a side against Perranporth last week & Penryn earlier in the season. The fact is that Carharrack couldn't raise a team. Today there were only 3 Carharrack players available, I managed to get a few more Threemilestone players to play but that still left Carharrack unable to field 11 men. Not once has it been mentioned about St Day. Carharrack haven't won a game this season, it's Not exactly a rivalry between the 2 teams. Half of St Days squad are ex Carharrack. 

Can you name this half?😂

Just now, willy7 said:

Can you name this half?😂

It's still a local Derby that the Locals like to watch

13 hours ago, Roy D said:

You don’t need 11 to play a game 

I think Richard deserves alot of credit all the work hes done to keep the club alive by himself.  They may not have been able to fulfill a few fixtures but in all fairness it was against the top teams and players wouldnt have wanted to play with 7 men The club lives on and that was the target. With out a doubt Richard will have planned for next season and we will see improvement. Many others have folded so hes done great to keep his club alive. 

5 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Should we start a crowdfunder to help out Carharrack pay it's fines? We did it for Millbrook, why not another side?

All this fun some of you have had slagging them off, step up to the plate, put your hand in you pocket.

Paul,  what happen at Carharrack this season was nobody's fault but mine.  I'm the chairman and I have to take responsibility for it.  I made a serious massive error of judgement at the start of the season with an managerial appointment and its a simple as that.  A lesson learned.  However,  I'm not a quitter and I knew I had to make sure the club survive.  The players knew what we had to do and we got there, job done.  

We had 5 great years and don't regret any of it, sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth as they say, it can happen to any club, thats football.  We are just in a crazy situation now with the restructuring, if we knew about the grants now being given out in the St Pirans league last season we certainly wouldn't of been in this position now.  Best of luck to everyone for the rest of the season. 

Don't beat yourself up about the managerial appointment, Rich: no-one knows how a new manager will turn out until a number of games have gone by. Look what's happening at United (Manchester, not Redruth). I just hope that somehow there is a Carharrack for me to watch next season and that it won't be as painful as this season!