Cornwall Football Forum

Pz Mousehole

who makes these decisions? this is local football. completely lost interest in mousehole. don't know who players are and couldn't give a shit . all the money paid out to these galacticos and still didn't win nothing . penzance you just lost your ground and I'm guessing most your loyal supporters 

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

John Mead 'Mr Penzance' ... What's your thoughts ? Bearing in mind you helped ingrain  history in to Penzance AFC by playing in the side that won the league & senior cup ( if memory serves correct! ) 

Surely you cant be happy at one of Cornwall's ( your club ) selling it's soul, history & supporters to another club. 

I may be a very old Truro City supporter but one of my big pleasures was watching Gerry Gazzard in his hay day but this must be devastating for even the most casual supporter, what the hardened fans think may not be printable - Like us City fans there must be years of misery ahead. I hope all turns out well in the end but think it will take time.

On 11/05/2019 at 20:01, leedsunited said:

Penzance would of never folded. To big for that, West Cornwall's biggest club by a country mile. 

Nice to welcome a new member to the forum, pressuming you are a Penzance follower? 

Since the late 60s, and thanks for the welcome.

Statement from Mousehole AFC:

Subject – Proposed merger between Penzance and Mousehole Football Clubs

We are happy to announce that Deryk Heywood, our General Manager, has been appointed as the new Chairman of Penzance AFC. This means that Deryk will step down from his current role at Mousehole AFC, as we look to support Penzance AFC at this time. Deryk’s focus will be to fulfil the mandate given to him by Penzance to plan the steps towards a merger between the two clubs. The purpose of the proposed merger is to secure and promote sustainable long-term success, and create a superb sports club for the wider community. Deryk’s immediate priority has been to create a new “interim“ committee to deal with the necessary practicalities, while also running and moving the club forward. More information will be announced in due course.

18 minutes ago, golong said:

This is madness, don't merge with the noisy neighbour . You are better than that PZ! basically handing over years and years of hard work and dedication. Show some pride and grit, roll up your sleeves and keep fighting! 

A bit too late now, the only way members can change that is at a AGM.

6 hours ago, golong said:

This is madness, don't merge with the noisy neighbour . You are better than that PZ! basically handing over years and years of hard work and dedication. Show some pride and grit, roll up your sleeves and keep fighting! 

Plenty of grit and pride at the Club; unfortunately, far too few sleeves to roll up!

On 11/05/2019 at 20:11, Simon2389 said:

Importantly as well what will happen to Penzance Reserves?? Will they want a team in the lower trelawney leagues? Considering their reserves are apparently going in to the St Piran league and the firsts in the Premier it's a big jump down to Trelawney 3... considering mousehole only want "the best players"

Penzance Reserves were introduced to provide a stepping stone from Youth into Adult football and that has worked well. My opinion is that there is still the need for that stage to be in place. My guess is that it will remain as a 3rd tier in any proposed set up.

1 hour ago, larts2163 said:

To my Knowledge there hasn't been an AGM

Interesting these decisions have been made without an AGM??

We had to pass everything at our AGM even down to a certain player not liking the cheap Asda Ketchup on their chips after the game so we had to vote whether he was worth spending an extra £1.17 on & getting in the Heinz. 

How can these decisions down at PZ be made official without this? Are you a board member 'larts2163'?

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

We had to pass everything at our AGM even down to a certain player not liking the cheap Asda Ketchup on their chips after the game so we had to vote whether he was worth spending an extra £1.17 on & getting in the Heinz. 

How can these decisions down at PZ be made official without this? Are you a board member 'larts2163'?

Really? If a player wasn't happy with cheap ketchup I'd tell him to bring his own feckin' ketchup!

10 hours ago, leedsunited said:

No decisions have been made - except to agree that thorough investigations into a proposed merger are undertaken. If there is something to present to members at the end of this process, the constitution of the Club will be adhered to.

1 hour ago, Joe Slovo said:

Ha, no doors shut here Dave. We've had private functions, youth meetings, maintenance being carried out and intense meetings with all and sundry. These meetings are set to continue as we aim to get this project over the line. 

Great podcasts from all involved though, keep it up

Charlie 

Glad to hear that Charlie and thanks for the kind words re the podcasts 👍

So the proposal is for Mousehole and Penzance to keep their seperate identities. Mousehole would aim to climb the pyramid, whilst Penzance would carry on at same level, supported by Mousehole. If this project is successful West Cornwall would have a team at a higher level and Penzance would be financially secure. All this negative bellyaching about clubs disappearing, before the proposals were put forward. Whenever someone tries to invest in Cornish football, they are met with cynicism, parochialism and a tonne of negativity. I kept saying wait for the proposals. Penzance and Mousehole will not loose their identities!! Some people in this forum need to take a long look at themselves and try to be more forward thinking and positive. With the development of the Kernow Conifa team, the possible building of a Cornish Fa Hq and Stadium for Cornwall, and the westward migration of the western league (which is already happening Tavistock replacing Chipping Sodbury) - things could be about to improve. But they won’t happen in a environment of negativity and self interest.

20 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

You have to admit though Big Al, you do come across as a glass half empty sort of bloke! 

My comments are as I see things, everyone has a different point of view, is that not the purpose of a forum ?

13 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

My comments are as I see things, everyone has a different point of view, is that not the purpose of a forum ?

However all you really write are mostly one-liners and so not a massive amount to debate! But indeed that's your choice as it's my impression that you're a glass half empty sort of bloke!

16 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

So the proposal is for Mousehole and Penzance to keep their seperate identities. Mousehole would aim to climb the pyramid, whilst Penzance would carry on at same level, supported by Mousehole. If this project is successful West Cornwall would have a team at a higher level and Penzance would be financially secure. All this negative bellyaching about clubs disappearing, before the proposals were put forward. Whenever someone tries to invest in Cornish football, they are met with cynicism, parochialism and a tonne of negativity. I kept saying wait for the proposals. Penzance and Mousehole will not loose their identities!! Some people in this forum need to take a long look at themselves and try to be more forward thinking and positive. With the development of the Kernow Conifa team, the possible building of a Cornish Fa Hq and Stadium for Cornwall, and the westward migration of the western league (which is already happening Tavistock replacing Chipping Sodbury) - things could be about to improve. But they won’t happen in a environment of negativity and self interest.

Fair comment Rob about the negativity. However I'm still struggling to understand what is happening down west. In what way will Penzance be able to support Mousehole? Hopefully the two clubs will be able to release some sort of joint statement explaining the decision from both sides and the plans going forward. However, immediately to us as outsiders, it looks like a takeover with Mousehole controlling all the strings as the new Chairman of Penzance is the previous General Manager of Mousehole! So is it going to be separate identities but with Mousehole in effect running the two clubs?   

39 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

However all you really write are mostly one-liners and so not a massive amount to debate! But indeed that's your choice as it's my impression that you're a glass half empty sort of bloke!

Fair comment Rob about the negativity. However I'm still struggling to understand what is happening down west. In what way will Penzance be able to support Mousehole? Hopefully the two clubs will be able to release some sort of joint statement explaining the decision from both sides and the plans going forward. However, immediately to us as outsiders, it looks like a takeover with Mousehole controlling all the strings as the new Chairman of Penzance is the previous General Manager of Mousehole! So is it going to be separate identities but with Mousehole in effect running the two clubs?   

There will be no involvement from Penzance as they have nothing to offer Mousehole as a Club other than Penlee Park, Penzance Afc has been heading on a downward spiral long before now 

On 17/05/2019 at 15:27, Joe Slovo said:

Ha, no doors shut here Dave. We've had private functions, youth meetings, maintenance being carried out and intense meetings with all and sundry. These meetings are set to continue as we aim to get this project over the line. 

Great podcasts from all involved though, keep it up

Charlie 

How about your supporters? Had meetings with them? With the club sponsors, have they had a meeting with you?  

Lets see a copy of the club's constitution. I was on the Penzance committee for 13 years and not once did I see a copy. I knew there was one but in the changing of club secretaries it seemed to get lost and now it is not written down anywhere. 

27 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

How about your supporters? Had meetings with them? With the club sponsors, have they had a meeting with you?  

Lets see a copy of the club's constitution. I was on the Penzance committee for 13 years and not once did I see a copy. I knew there was one but in the changing of club secretaries it seemed to get lost and now it is not written down anywhere. 

In my time Paul, the constitution was posted on the notice board in the clubhouse and was circulated at several AGMs when minor changes/additions were discussed and voted upon. I still have a copy and - as a Life Member - will do my best to ensure that the constitution is precisely followed.

14 minutes ago, John Mead said:

In my time Paul, the constitution was posted on the notice board in the clubhouse and was circulated at several AGMs when minor changes/additions were discussed and voted upon. I still have a copy and - as a Life Member - will do my best to ensure that the constitution is precisely followed.

Doesn't a club need to provide a constitution to the FA in order to obtain Charter Standard for itself?

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

The plan would be for Penzance to continue at step 6 but as a feeder club to Mousehole. I understand the concerns Dave, none of us really know what is happening and it might be a hostile takeover for all we know. However just feel people should be a bit more open minded, at least until they know all the facts. If an owner is prepared to invest in youth, in pushing Mousehole up a league or two, whilst guaranteeing Penzance’s future in swpl, this may be possibly be a really good thing for football in the region.

40 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

All sounds very very underhand. You can see Penzance supporters are not happy with the situation as many have been on this forum voicing concerns . Ex general manager of Mousehole, now Chairman of Penzance .... So who is now running Mousehole ?? 

Good point. Who is running who? Will be intriguing if both clubs keep their identities, especially re transfers. Lot of movement between the clubs over the last few seasons.

When there is anything concrete to announce, I'm sure Penzance AFC will explain their position and the reasons for coming to whatever conclusions they arrive at. You couldn't really expect them to discuss the options they are considering on Social Media. The absolute deadline to confirm the chosen way forward is the SWPL AGM on Monday 3rd June. Patience is needed as the planning continues!

25 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Can you be a Chairperson of two different 'teams' in the same league?? If NOT it's interesting Mr.Heywood choosing to take the capacity at Penzance & not Mousehole .. ? 

I think you will find that Mr Hayward was not the Chairman of Mousehole FC.

The original statement from Penzance and subsequent comments have said that a merger is being discussed to form one club. Surely both clubs can't keep their identities and be run separately as two clubs under one umbrella? What will happen in the future if the lower club progresses up the ladder? You couldn't have a firsts and reserves from one club in the same league so what would be the difference? Conflict of interest etc.

On 19/05/2019 at 10:12, BIG AL said:

Apparently not, plenty on here like to air there own opinions but not willing to accept other people have opinions as well !