Cornwall Football Forum

Pz Mousehole

32 minutes ago, Gossip man said:

Have heard clubs are merging

You are quick. Only heard myself a few  minutes before you posted. 

It is true apparently.

As I have posted on social media

Who would trust a Mousehole v Penzance game in the SWPL or even in the Trelawny?

Penzance Exiles anybody. Still got time to apply to the Trelawny League. Ground at Madron available. 

33 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

You are quick. Only heard myself a few  minutes before you posted. 

It is true apparently.

As I have posted on social media

Who would trust a Mousehole v Penzance game in the SWPL or even in the Trelawny?

Penzance Exiles anybody. Still got time to apply to the Trelawny League. Ground at Madron available. 

Well well well. Unbelievable !!!

4 minutes ago, Joe Slovo said:

Statements all in good time. I don't respond to faceless, anonymous posts but Paul Smith, what does the 'trust Mousehole v Pz...'..mean?

A merger is a merger, one club. 

You are selling your soul to the minnows who for now have money in their pockets Joe Slovo. Do you just disregard the continued support Penzance have had over many many years ?? What happens when/if  Mousehole's money run's out? 

What happens to your supporters & clubman (John Mead, Big Jimmy)  who have stuck by you & what happens to your playing staff that have also stuck by you this season ... do they go out the door for Mousehole's players to come in? 

Also what happens to Mousehole football club ( in the community ) if they are to be playing in Penzance ? 

Somebody must have rubber stamped this ! Mark my words this is another nail in the coffin for Cornish football, Pz you’ve sold your soul to the devil 

All our history gone, Pz AFC was the Club to aspire to play for in the area and now we’ve been brought to our knees, sad day for Pz and a sad day for Cornish football 

30 minutes ago, Joe Slovo said:

Statements all in good time. I don't respond to faceless, anonymous posts but Paul Smith, what does the 'trust Mousehole v Pz...'..mean?

Ezra will hold all the power with the 10 man commitee all mousehole.   

39 minutes ago, Joe Slovo said:

Cos at the time I wrote it, I thought there was going to be a semblance of 2 clubs but not a merger. Goodbye Penzance or is it goodbye Mousehole.

Will be interesting to see which name is retained. Surely it must be the Penzance name seeing they are actually going to be in Penzance and no longer in Mousehole. Can't imagine that many local Mousehole fans - if there are any now - are happy with losing their identity either. 

Penzance Seagulls?

Shame to lose both clubs.

Like Falmouth and Penryn merging - hopefully never happen. Or like St Blazey and St Austell merging (they only did for a friendly with Kingstonian) but I hope it's not too late.

Remember the failed merger with Storm and Praze? Praze lost their whole identity and have reformed twice since then.

15 minutes ago, le boss said:

Will be interesting to see which name is retained. Surely it must be the Penzance name seeing they are actually going to be in Penzance and no longer in Mousehole. Can't imagine that many local Mousehole fans - if there are any now - are happy with losing their identity either. 

Porthleven/Helston merger Bash. ? 🥴🙅🏻‍♂️🙅🏻‍♂️😱😱😂🤣😂

Penzance can’t compete anymore, writing was on the wall last season. 

Let someone try and take it in a different direction, might work out for the best in long run. Don’t know till you try. 

Penzance were doomed when they let moneybag/journeyman (Vercesi & Co) in. 

Don't hate on someone trying to help, as I’m sure without this help Pz would of folded. 

10 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Let someone try and take it in a different direction, might work out for the best in long run. Don’t know till you try. 

Don't hate on someone trying to help, as I’m sure without this help Pz would of folded. 

Haters are obviously gonna lap this up. Pz afc is a bit of a dump at the moment. If the same progress made at Mousehole can be replicated at pz it will be fantastic for the area and cornish football. 

13 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Penzance would of never folded. To big for that, West Cornwall's biggest club by a country mile. 

2 hours ago, larts2163 said:

I've Heard the same, and to be honest as a life long Penzance supporter, I'm gutted, goodbye to 130 years of history

Nice to welcome a new member to the forum, pressuming you are a Penzance follower? 

Importantly as well what will happen to Penzance Reserves?? Will they want a team in the lower trelawney leagues? Considering their reserves are apparently going in to the St Piran league and the firsts in the Premier it's a big jump down to Trelawney 3... considering mousehole only want "the best players"

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

I've said it on social media.

Penzance Argyle, play at Madron, start in Trelawny 4. Still got time before Trelawny AGM to get a team together, manager and talk to whoever owns Madrons pitch.

A team of the Unwanted

Add paying for things such as affiliations, insurances, sets of kit, match/traing balls, line marker etc. Not a cheap affair - even if the CCFA help out.

8 hours ago, John Mead said:

Add paying for things such as affiliations, insurances, sets of kit, match/traing balls, line marker etc. Not a cheap affair - even if the CCFA help out.

John Mead 'Mr Penzance' ... What's your thoughts ? Bearing in mind you helped ingrain  history in to Penzance AFC by playing in the side that won the league & senior cup ( if memory serves correct! ) 

Surely you cant be happy at one of Cornwall's ( your club ) selling it's soul, history & supporters to another club. 

11 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Penzance would never HAVE folded. Clubs go through bad times. Take Falmouth for example,  on the way back. Why not keep both clubs as separate entities but just share Penlee Park? Both Reserve teams could share Trungle Park which might not appease everyone but it keeps both club's histories intact.

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

John Mead 'Mr Penzance' ... What's your thoughts ? Bearing in mind you helped ingrain  history in to Penzance AFC by playing in the side that won the league & senior cup ( if memory serves correct! ) 

Surely you cant be happy at one of Cornwall's ( your club ) selling it's soul, history & supporters to another club. 

History is history - it can be forgotten but it's still there and helps frame the future!

I trust the current committee of Penzance AFC to make the decisions which they deem necessary to ensure football and the name Penzance continues to have a presence at Penlee Park. I'm certain they have explored every other alternative to ensure that happens but they are the only people armed with all the facts surrounding the current situation. It won't have been an easy decision!

Perhaps, if more people had "stepped up to the plate" to help the Club, an alternative solution could have been found. I've read adverse comments on social media from "supporters" I've never seen at a game!

32 minutes ago, John Mead said:

History is history - it can be forgotten but it's still there and helps frame the future!

I trust the current committee of Penzance AFC to make the decisions which they deem necessary to ensure football and the name Penzance continues to have a presence at Penlee Park. I'm certain they have explored every other alternative to ensure that happens but they are the only people armed with all the facts surrounding the current situation. It won't have been an easy decision!

Perhaps, if more people had "stepped up to the plate" to help the Club, an alternative solution could have been found. I've read adverse comments on social media from "supporters" I've never seen at a game!

Well said John. 

2 hours ago, Whistle Blower said:

Penzance would never HAVE folded. Clubs go through bad times. Take Falmouth for example,  on the way back. Why not keep both clubs as separate entities but just share Penlee Park? Both Reserve teams could share Trungle Park which might not appease everyone but it keeps both club's histories intact.

Falmouth on the way back ??

23 minutes ago, Gossip man said:

well said john

Simon   you walked out on PZ for £35 a game at Ludgvan,  Your knowledge of Football is zero    Now go and  put your uniform on and walk the streets of Pz and do bugger all

Wow... I wish it was 35 quid a game... if it was I'm owed about 150 quid!! I was actually going to play for Darren this season  maybe now I won't?? My question was merely to know what's possibly going to happen. Has nothing to do with my work so why bring that in to it?? Oh dear

12 minutes ago, golong said:

4 cup finals in the last 2 seasons AL?

Granted, a bit of a disappointment in the league this season though. Does not mean a lot really though due to the new set up next season. I am quite looking forward to that.

So is this Mousehole taking over Penlee Park and playing there Mousehole AFC or are they forming a new team?

what will this mean for the Pz reserve team? Mousehole res team? Lots of questions to be answered.

Be nice If a statement was released by both parties to clarify what has happened and what the way forward is. 

Sad day for local football as even though the two teams are far apart in footballing terms. Penzance did have the bragging rights last season W2 L1.