Cornwall Football Forum

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU ECPL Fixtures Tuesday 14th May

Correction, I don’t have it in for Tavistock at all. 

I just get frustrated when clubs use players from teams within their club incorrectly.

This was a ECPL cup for Tavistock Reserves. Irrespective of if players from the 1st Team are illegible to play, the Reserve Team should take priority. 

2 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Correction, I don’t have it in for Tavistock at all. 

I just get frustrated when clubs use players from teams within their club incorrectly.

This was a ECPL cup for Tavistock Reserves. Irrespective of if players from the 1st Team are illegible to play, the Reserve Team should take priority. 

The players that played in the game last night, were not used in correctly otherwise they could not have played.. Just because certain clubs have a sign for a club policy than a team, this seems to irk you!! I s it because the club/clubs you follow are not forward thinking as such?? 

Tallan Burns, Tyler Elliot, Jack Crago and Liam Parnell played last night didn’t they?

Were reserve team  players that play when those players are on duty with the 1st team left out last night?? 

So WESTCOUNTRY BOY, basically your saying 1st team players when available will play reserve team football as they sign for the club and not the team and those who play when they are not available will have to put up with it?? Good that..

I follow 2/3 clubs. 1 seems to have an us and them attitude, 1 seems to use 1st teamers when needed (which I think is the best policy) and the other doesn’t have a reserve team.

I completely agree poor really but then again torpoint have done it for many years, just goes to show how poor both clubs are as second team football should be for development of young players and players that are injured coming back for fitness. 

This is why clubs don’t have the same players in second teams each week and a lot of games get called off or they request midweek games. 

Credit to St Austell waited for years and this year actually pulled it off, the management are top draw and the players play for each other. 

Another team to watch next year will be Callington seconds speaking to the manager last week and he has everyone committed for next year so they will be a force next season