Cornwall Football Forum

No Pyro No Party

I noticed at the recent Senior Cup Final someone in the crowd letting off a flare. I don't know if anyone remembers but back in 2014 a simular situation occoured at a Truro City away game  and making front page headlines in the West Briton "Fans Flare Shame" resulting in seven City supporters,later to be known as the Dunstable Seven being banned for the rest of the season. Perhaps someone can enlighten me, maybe one of our knowledgeable referees if the use of flares in local football is accepted but not in in the National Leagues.

End of the day I suppose it's down to the referee to include it in his report which I would imagine he didn't which is fortunate for whoever was responsible and hopefully a lesson will have been learnt. Let's hope it's just sparks flying at Blaise Park on Saturday. Best of luck to both teams by the way. Game very evenly poised as I see it so I think whoever wants it most will win. :c:

6 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

They employed security men at the final and so wouldn’t they have put a stop to it?

Not really Dave,one of the security chaps tried to get them to stop and he was ignored.Another security bod carried the flare away 'after it had gone out'.It was only yellow smoke,can't really see a problem with it.The red ones outside the ground (Saltash?) were a hell of a bright.

I understand it is not against the law to carry flares in public but it is to let them off - such incidents are being seen on a par with pitch invasions that carry a 10 year ban from all football,  a sentence that has been acted on in Scotland's courts. Recently a young lady at a (I think Bristol City) game had her hair set on fire. 

Rayvon, as you and many of us know Truro;s Dunstable incident was manufactured in dubious circumstances, in this "New Era" I think we should set that aside and get on with encouraging all that is good at Truro City.

This is the worst case I am aware of - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2282468/A-young-fan-killed-Corinthians-match-flare-thrown-crowd.html

9 hours ago, silly billy said:

More people have lost their life in traffic accidents travelling to football matches so maybe ban football altogether. 

That's being a bit extreme silly billy as a lot more people travel to matches in cars than let off flares, only yesterday I saw a flare set off in the crowd on match of the day, red smoke so I'm assuming it was Liverpool, apologies if it wasn't. Getting back to the Dunstable incident which was blown up out of all proportion (pardon the pun) with the west briton stating Rowdy football fans have brought shame on Truro City Football Club after "sickening" behaviour caused embarrassment for the City's team. At the time we were threatened with a fine and a points deduction from the FA neither of which materialized. We now know the real reason behind the incident and I can only assume the West Briton were short of headlines that week. :ph34r:

16 hours ago, Rayvon said:

So pyrotechnics are banned by the FA, so what do they do before the FA cup final, put on a firework display. If that's not double standards I don't know what is.

The FA are a law unto themselves.  Bolton v Brentford will be in the record books as a 0-3 away win even though the game wasn't played.

Penryn v Carharrack will be in the record books as a home win with no goals scored or conceded.