Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth clubs In East cornwall

I was told recently that as the Cornwall Combination and East Cornwall Premier Leagues are now classed as “recreational level football” , this means the “ground grading / required facilities standards” can’t be applied and in effect no one can be declined for facilities reasons!

I’m not sure if anyone in the know can confirm or deny this?

I just believe it’s east cornwall and should be one league next year other than Plymstock as they have been in it for years should just be cornwall sides.  Lakeside Elburton Parkway all last one maybe 2 seasons and then leave. 

Got enough teams if we have one league and also with teams from Dutchy prem that may want to step up. 

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I was told recently that as the Cornwall Combination and East Cornwall Premier Leagues are now classed as “recreational level football” , this means the “ground grading / required facilities standards” can’t be applied and in effect no one can be declined for facilities reasons!

I’m not sure if anyone in the know can confirm or deny this?

I stand corrected. 

Mount Gould play at the Tothill Enclosure, Lanhydrock Road (perhaps that's their connection to East Cornwall!), Plymouth

It's not a great venue, easily visible from the aforementioned road but isn't a lot worse than say Plymstock or St Stephen. It woundn't be a great addition to the league.

They have been a very good side over the last few seasons, and the team itself would be a good addition (playing wise) to the league.

17 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

Mount Gould play at the Tothill Enclosure, Lanhydrock Road (perhaps that's their connection to East Cornwall!), Plymouth

It's not a great venue, easily visible from the aforementioned road but isn't a lot worse than say Plymstock or St Stephen. It woundn't be a great addition to the league.

They have been a very good side over the last few seasons, and the team itself would be a good addition (playing wise) to the league.

What’s wrong with st Stephen 

Let’s be honest east Cornwall league has been a joke for a few years now hopefully reverting back to one league will help next season to allow Plymouth teams again would be silly when st mawgan foxhole sticker  godolphin etc want to step up 

100% in favour of promoting more clubs from Duchy Prem instead. Plenty of them deserve to go up, East Cornwall Div 1 standard isn't that great at the minute (possibly worse than Duchy Prem)

With East Cornwall going down to one league and lots of EC Prem teams moving to St Piran League then surely its only right to promote more teams from Duchy. Would make East Cornwall much more appealing again which it's lost over the last few years.

Get rid of Div 4 in Duchy and have Prem down to 3 with 14 in each league (Not done exact math but you get the idea)

On 05/05/2019 at 10:55, Dave Deacon said:

I’m not sure if anyone in the know can confirm or deny this??

Saying that, Dave, would that mean East Cornwall teams go into the Junior Cup next season?

Because surely Senior Cup requires better facilities?

Change the name of the league.  Been saying it for years.   And no it is still a senior league.  As the St Piran league said according to them there is no change as the ECPL is just below the current SWPL East/West.  Now that the SWPL has been split into One league two premier divisions the St Piran league is the next step down so no change from what was East and West.