Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League - Wednesday 1 May 2019

St Dennis 2 Losty 3

A great win for us in this relegation six pointer against a strengthened Saints side. Lee Ricks with 2 for Saints we replied with Jon Harris 2 and Bailey Phillips scoring for us. A gutsy derermined effort from us and on to St Mawgan on Saturday for our penultimate game. 

23 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Makes you wonder if semi should be played at one of the sides involved in the tie?

What's your thinking there Dave ? getting a bigger crowd or just less hassle to arrange if support is not there?

The League has debated 'first out of the hat is the home side' over the years, it just seems fairer and should make the occasion that little bit special. We usually get pretty good support for our semis, just one of those days i reckon.

3 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

AFC Bodmin 1-4 St Cleer

our goalscorers Zak Peel x2, Charlie Coates and Ethan Gwillam 💙

looking forward to seeing that league table updated

Congratulations to St Cleer for securing the runners-up spot in Division One and gaining automatic promotion.  I don't think Fulltime will get updated this evening.

Good luck in the Launceston Cup Final on Sunday - i'm hoping to get there after the Junior Cup Final

13 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

Congratulations to St Cleer for securing the runners-up spot in Division One and gaining automatic promotion.  I don't think Fulltime will get updated this evening.

Good luck in the Launceston Cup Final on Sunday - i'm hoping to get there after the Junior Cup Final

Thank you Mr Collings, much appreciated 

8 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Dobwalls 0 - 4 Polperro

Polperro secured a League Cup Final place with a comfortable win over Dobwalls. A bit of a lacklustre game and disappointing crowd of just 30 despite the sides only having to travel a few miles. Big 'thankyou' to Lanreath FC for hosting the match.

Crowd probably hampered by Barcelona Liverpool on tv

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Both! 

Probably fine for a match like Dobwalls v Polperro - very little travelling and both 'senior' grounds but i'm not so sure if the tie happened to be St Mawes v North Petherwin (for example) or the home team's ground was one of our decidedly more 'junior' set ups.

On a serious note though, like all leagues we are here to serve the members so if the general opinion is that the semis should NOT be on neutral grounds then the clubs need to let us know.

35 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

Maybe shouldn’t have been on same night as the Mighty Saints, decent crowd at Dragon Leisure Centre Matt P 💙🏆😎

Sorry mate, forgot that clash of the footballing superpowers 🙄😂😉

Congrats on promotion!

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Sorry mate, forgot that clash of the footballing superpowers 🙄😂😉

Congrats on promotion!

Thanks mate😊, was there a game on tv last night then 😩

4 hours ago, referee said:

Congratulations to St Cleer on promotion to Duchy Premier Division 2019/2020. 

Much appreciated, thank you

Was more than 30 there i think, also think it was maybe only 30 actually paid, a few come threw the other side of the field which you cant police. And once the Barca v Liverpool started and Polperro was 3-0 up everyone disappeared.