Cornwall Football Forum

COUNTY CUP

Both teams will attempt to get this tie played this Sunday 27th .

They have been trying to get this played since 2nd Dec but the weather has been awful .

Adds weight to my argument that CCFA should not stage rounds in Dec and January :SM_carton:

This will mean the league matches in Div 1 are cancelled .

FALMOUTH ALBION V TRURO GWRSA

OXFORD V TREMOUGH

and because the students have another break at Easter for 5 weeks I have already run out of available sundays for them to finish their league matches !!! :angry2::angry2: :angry2:

Guest Postie Pidge

It's the Sunday League for a reason but with inclement weather, continual postponements and success in cups then the allotted Sundays in the season are dramatically reduced. It's only towards the end of the season when evening games (or alternate days) become an option and that is only with the agreement of the opposition.

I agree with Zebedee and spread the County Cup over the season. Move the final from Feburary (or whenever it is) and have it in April/May. Leave league games to be played when the weather is traditionally bad and cup games for dryer months - it would work with common sense

Guest Tremough Defender

Final Score Falmouth Albion 1 - 3 Tremough FC

Tough game, scrappy at times but I feel it was a deserved win for us. That's not to say Albion had their chances. They hit the crossbar and our keeper had to make a dew decent saves. Hatrick for Luke Kirby, good performances all round.

Semi Final here we come.

well done to Tremough. Be nice to see a team from the West win it again anyone got any idea when the semi final is?? as it was supposed to be played today!

More fixture nightmare, what will happen if they cant fulfill all of thier league matches, will the teams that they have'nt played get the points or what? can anyone clarify the rules??

Sunday Cup semi-final at Sticker Sun 3rd Feb

TREMOUGH V TREGONISSEY 10-30AM KO WITH EXTRA TIME AND PENS

good luck to Tremough .....but it means another missed league match !!!

Any teams willing to play them midweek on the 3G at Penryn College in an effort to catch up

their League matches are asked to contact Hanna Royle 01326 253659 or Dave James who can hopefully fix up some games before they break up again for Easter .

I have no idea how we can fit their games in otherwise :(:(:( :(

Guest Tremough Defender

I am hoping there are some kind clubs willing to play evening games. I would hate to think that because of the weather and some cup success we are unable to challenge for the league as well. What happens if there are no offers from clubs to play evening games? Surely we won't have to forefit them?

Jj

All games have to be played by 31st May ...firstly on Sundays as we are a Sunday League .

As I have already got fixtures for you up to then ........due to your long holiday periods , then to finish your games then I need at least 4 games played in evening matches preferrably before you break up again at Easter ..............

We would be grateful to any remaining opponents who can agree to play on the astro at Penryn in these circumstances ......otherwise games will not get played .

Also it is rather unfair on the other Div 1 teams who will finish all but 1 game against yourselves by Easter and then have to go to May to fit that fixture in .

I do not have an answer to this problem !!!! :(:( :(

could tremough nor raise a side for the easter period i know of 5 players signed that live down here surely there is more. what you guys are forgetting is that during april/may time some players will playing more then enough footy, i remember playing a couple of weeks last yr on sat,sun, then tues,thurs,sat sun again, plus 5aside on wed and sun afternoon I was getting knackered

Guest Tremough Defender

No, Tremough could not raise a side during the easter break. There are a maximum of 5 players signed on that live locally. The university charges the locals more to sign on than the students, so as you can imagine there are not too many that are willing to pay the extra just to play football on a sunday.

We appreciate all that the league does in order to arrange fixtures before and after the student breaks. They have been very good to us throughout our time in the Sunday league setup and I hope it continues. As for 'iamthebest's' comments regarding how much football he was playing during the end of one particualar season it is entirely down to you how much you play, and if you decide to play Saturday and Sunday league football of course you are going to be tired.

As for now, all we are going to be concentrating on is getting to the final of the Sunday County Cup.

Jj

Guest Tremough Defender

I am not sure of the exact reason for the higher signing on fees for non students, but it may have something to do with Insurance, or the extra admin involved (If there is indeed anymore than normal), I don't know. It is double the cost for non students to sign on.

Guest Tremough Defender

I am not particularly bothered about the signing on fee being a little more. It just means that people think twice about signing on. (The people that actually want to play will pay the £20).

Yeh it was a good result on Sunday, we deserved it. Like I said, they had a few chances and the score line could have been different, but I don't think the result would have been. We missed a load of chances too.

Anyone know what this Tregonissey is like? I don't even know what league they play in.