Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sportsman10

New players and ones departing

13 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

HA HA . I know its far from this scenario , but I ran a kids footy team for 8 years.  I never knew who was staying or going until after presentation evening , as there were trophies to give out lol.  I always had many surprises after . ( sometimes even on the night ) .

The biggest surprise for you on a presentation night would be if I got a round in.

Personally- no.

As I have stated on here before, I would rate Glyn Hobbs as the most talented striker in local football since Bradley Swiggs. He has been brilliant for Parkway in his two spells, but I think we have moved on now. The formation and way of playing have evolved in the first Western League season, and I don't think Glyn would fit into this. 

If Glyn returned, just imagine how much £££ Teflon would say he’s getting! 

I can see his post now:

”I’ve heard he’s on £500 a game, £500 a goal and if he scores more than 1.5 goals the Chairman will pay his mortgage” 

🤣🤣🤣

21 hours ago, Devon29 said:

Teflon you’re such a whopper - honestly! 

Can you please answer some of my earlier Questions at some point?  

Was the meeting between Lee and Jordan just the three of you? Must have been for you to know what was said I guess. 

Baffling that so many Strikers have been told that they won’t be starting next season. That would be hard to take the week before their end of season presentation. 

Please don’t change - you’re too entertaining. 

Sorry Devon 29,

Only 1/2 way through reading your essay from a few weeks ago.

I’m only commenting on what I hear, some maybe true and some not (money side of things is normally pretty accurate but the transfer talk is as always very hit and miss).

But if you think every Manager waits until a presentation evening before deciding who stays or goes then your very much mistaken.

Glynn will probably end up playing for a local side, at a guess I’d say MG so nowhere near the £500 unfortunately.

Will answer you questions when I’ve finished reading the second 1/2 of it.