Cornwall Football Forum

New players and ones departing

13 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

HA HA . I know its far from this scenario , but I ran a kids footy team for 8 years.  I never knew who was staying or going until after presentation evening , as there were trophies to give out lol.  I always had many surprises after . ( sometimes even on the night ) .

The biggest surprise for you on a presentation night would be if I got a round in.

Personally- no.

As I have stated on here before, I would rate Glyn Hobbs as the most talented striker in local football since Bradley Swiggs. He has been brilliant for Parkway in his two spells, but I think we have moved on now. The formation and way of playing have evolved in the first Western League season, and I don't think Glyn would fit into this. 

21 hours ago, Devon29 said:

Teflon you’re such a whopper - honestly! 

Can you please answer some of my earlier Questions at some point?  

Was the meeting between Lee and Jordan just the three of you? Must have been for you to know what was said I guess. 

Baffling that so many Strikers have been told that they won’t be starting next season. That would be hard to take the week before their end of season presentation. 

Please don’t change - you’re too entertaining. 

Sorry Devon 29,

Only 1/2 way through reading your essay from a few weeks ago.

I’m only commenting on what I hear, some maybe true and some not (money side of things is normally pretty accurate but the transfer talk is as always very hit and miss).

But if you think every Manager waits until a presentation evening before deciding who stays or goes then your very much mistaken.

Glynn will probably end up playing for a local side, at a guess I’d say MG so nowhere near the £500 unfortunately.

Will answer you questions when I’ve finished reading the second 1/2 of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Billy Palfrey joins Parkway from Truro, an excellent signing who impressed during his loan spell at Bolitho last season.

Make that five in and two out so far this summer, so would expect a few to depart as we get into the pre-season games and the squad for ths fortcoming campaign develops.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Billy Palfrey joins Parkway from Truro, an excellent signing who impressed during his loan spell at Bolitho last season.

Make that five in and two out so far this summer, so would expect a few to depart as we get into the pre-season games and the squad for ths fortcoming campaign develops.

Spent too much time on the bench at Truro, or playing out of position at right back. Great signing for Parkway where he’ll play centre mid, his favourite position. Joins his other Looe mate, Jack Calver, another top player 

Decent first run out of Parkway's pre-season tonight at Callington.

7-0 win with goals from Curtis Damerell (2) Adam Carter (3) and a brace from a mysterious Italian .

Sounds like a typical early pre-season line up with several players unavailable, a sprinkling of new signings, a couple of trialliists and loads of substitutes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Parkway squad coming together nicely after a few friendlies. Not sure if there are any more moves in the pipeline, but ( from what I gather ) the squad looks like this;

In

Will Tinsley

Jack Calver

Jordan Copp

Fletcher Williams

Antonio Costa

Billy Palfrey

Curtis Damerell

Out

Sam Hillson

Jordan Trott

Christian Pople (has appeared in all pre-season games so far though)

In ( and straight back out to Tiverton)

Jordan Bastin

Staying

Aaron Bentley

Nick Milton

Rob Farkins

Teigan Rosenquest

Shane Krac

Jack Rhead

Mikey Williams

Adam Carter

Mike Smith

Not sure (not appeared in pre-season as yet)

Ryan Lane

Jordan Annear

Jamie Lowry

Les Afful

7 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway squad coming together nicely after a few friendlies, not sure if there are any more moves in the pipeline, but ( from what I gather ) the squad looks like this;

In

Will Tinsley

Jack Calver

Jordan Copp

Fletcher Williams

Antonio Costa

Billy Palfrey

Curtis Damerell

Out

Sam Hillson

Jordan Trott

Jordan Bastin

Staying

Aaron Bentley

Nick Milton

Rob Farkins

Teigan Rosenquest

Shane Krac

Jack Rhead

Mikey Williams

Adam Carter

Mike Smith

Ryan Lane

Jordan Annear

Jamie Lowry

Les Afful

Any idea where Jordan Trott has gone?

1 hour ago, RobinVanParkway said:

Chris Pople has excepted a teaching job in the middle east, Les Afful has retired and Jack Rhead is off on a scholarship to the USA in August 

Cheers RVP.  Exciting opportunities for Chris and Jack, and farewell to Les after a brilliant career with Exeter, Forest Green, Truro, Taunton, Buckland and a cameo role in a trophy winning Parkway side.

41 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Heard he been having trials for professional clubs ? 

That'll be Annear not Trott I imagine.

Heard rumours linking him with Truro.

On the Parkway pre-season front,

6-0 win for Lee Hobbs' men away to Newton Abbott Spurs. Curtis Damerell, Antonio Costa (2) and Adam Carter (3) on the scoresheet as preparations continue for the upcoming campaign.

Had a quick chat with Den at the weekend and Jordy is having a busy week after impressing at an open trial game at South Shields last week when he scored a hat-trick. He’s currently at Accrington Stanley before going to Bury later in the week before going to Wimbledon next week. I’m sure that Jordy will impress at least one of those clubs and can follow in the footsteps of Cody Cooke who impressed at the Jamie Vardy academy before being offered a two year contract at St.Mirren where he scored in the seasons league cup opener against Dunfermline at the weekend. Good luck Jordy!!! 👍👏🏼👊🏼👌

6 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Had a quick chat with Den at the weekend and Jordy is having a busy week after impressing at an open trial game at South Shields last week when he scored a hat-trick. He’s currently at Accrington Stanley before going to Bury later in the week before going to Wimbledon next week. I’m sure that Jordy will impress at least one of those clubs and can follow in the footsteps of Cody Cooke who impressed at the Jamie Vardy academy before being offered a two year contract at St.Mirren where he scored in the seasons league cup opener against Dunfermline at the weekend. Good luck Jordy!!! 👍👏🏼👊🏼👌

Good luck to him in his trials, hope he gets to have a crack at the pro game.

Did well at Parkway last year where he worked hard, scored important goals and had a great attitude.

Always seemed like a decent bloke in interviews as well.

19 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway squad coming together nicely after a few friendlies. Not sure if there are any more moves in the pipeline, but ( from what I gather ) the squad looks like this;

In

Will Tinsley

Jack Calver

Jordan Copp

Fletcher Williams

Antonio Costa

Billy Palfrey

Curtis Damerell

Out

Sam Hillson

Jordan Trott

Jordan Bastin

Staying

Aaron Bentley

Nick Milton

Rob Farkins

Teigan Rosenquest

Shane Krac

Jack Rhead

Mikey Williams

Adam Carter

Mike Smith

Ryan Lane

Jordan Annear

Jamie Lowry

Les Afful

They got no keeper then?

In latest pre-season friendly, Parkway 1 Cardiff City U23's 5 

The Bluebirds youngsters beat Tavistock 7-0 and Bodmin 3-2 in the other matches on their stay in the area. Not sure what conclusions can be drawn from the results regarding the state of each club on the eve of the new campaign.