Cornwall Football Forum

New players and ones departing

Was just thinking with parkway so close to going up this year will the club do it all can to keep hold of the core of players and maybe add some real quality to make that final leap and get promoted next year ? . 

Levi and mike landricombe would make the difference in my opinion and with Tiverton struggling this year maybe both could be persuaded and parkway make a real statement  

Will be interested too see parkways signings over the summer. 

Would like to see them back at Parkway . They would be great signings. If we had them this season we would have won the league ........... I think.

Not taking anything away from what the boys have done though. Great effort taking it too the last day and what an unbeaten run to catch back.

So close in one cup final and a very tough but winnable one to come .

Looking forward too next season already .

Regardless of the cup final result on Monday, it's been a superb season. Areas of the squad do need an upgrade over the summer though with Lee Hobbs having targets in mind, and it is also  inevitable that one or two players will leave.No doubt as well that some will attract attention from clubs higher up the pyramid.

Parkway probably a year or two ahead of where they expected to be, and the other sides in the Western League will now be more familiar with players and playing style.It will be a bigger challenge again to replicate this campaign and prevent a dose of second season syndrome.

The current squad should be good enough judging by ££ they get.

Being paid 5 times more than other squads in the league (some teams don’t even pay). 

Without doubt the best midfield in the league, defensively look solid enough although all their CBs look liable to a quick nippy striker, GK average at best and not so sure Carter has another season at this level and with Annear not happy with limited game time, 2 strikers are on the wanted list.

That said, to finish 2nd and get to two cup finals (and win one), all in all, a successful season has probably been had. The whole setup is built for leagues above and every time I visit, I continue to be impressed. 

Next year, the league is a must.

Where was Shane Krac on finals day ? 

Would love to see Rob Farkins as Captain next season. I had a few doubts about 2 players this year and want to say how they have done a good job. Carter and Rosenquest . I did not think they would be able to perform as well at a higher level. How wrong was I. Well done lads .

I think Annear needs to be playing in a front 2 to get the best out of him. A good young potential.

This has been a great season and what an addition for the younger players footballing cv's.

Another big shout out to an unsung hero , the Manager always gets praise when things go well ,but Karl Curtis has had a big impact on the team too. Well done Sir.

On 08/05/2019 at 18:21, Rob1978 said:

Rob Farkins as captain is a no brainer. A natural leader. If the squad is kept together, they will be big favourites for the league next season and would be competitive in southern league is promoted this summer.

Liked Rob Farkins a lot when he was at Truro but he did upset a few supporters with his colourful language, has he improved on it since his move to Parkway.?

25 minutes ago, GRTourist said:

Isn't Farkins captain of the Army football side as well?  If you can lead that lot, then being a captain anywhere else should be a doddle!

Not sure what you mean by "that lot" I'm sure you're not insinuating that because it's the Army all they players are ill disciplined or difficult on the pitch 😂😂😂 but yes Rob is captain of the Army side.

Jordan Bentley, Billy Palfrey, River Allen & Tyler Harvey has all been made lucrative offers from Plymouth Parkway in recent days.

2 of the four have agreed in principle whilst the other two are awaiting further offers.

Club have supposed to have made a name your price policy to Andrew Neal which he has declined to stay at Taunton.

14 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Tyler Harvey wont leave Truro hes 1 of there better players heard from a  Bodmin supporter Adam Carter is coming back there next  season hes fed up with the travelling Parkway does and hes no youngster now ,still my favourite striker

Regarding Tyler Harvey, heard rumours linking him with Torquay United.

Would not surprised to see Adam Carter back at Bodmin next season. The one criticism of him was that he couldn't perform beyond the SWPL, that has been put to bed with his goals in the Western League this past season.

Be interested to see how many players go between Plymouth Parkway & Tavistock this year. They shared players last term in order to field sides but the same can’t be done this year.

Tiegan Rosenquest being a Tavistock boy is going back to Langsford Park and also heard Mike Smith is joining him.

35 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Would have thought parkway budget is far bigger then anything Tavistock can dream of  and they  can compete with wages  with likes of Truro and Tiverton so would imagine they have a pick of players to tempt into the club and get promoted 

Tavistock will reportedly have the 2nd biggest budget in the league.

You are dead right in your statement that Parkway have the biggest budget (approximately 3k a game).

Winning the league is the minimum requirement coming from the Bolitho hierarchy this season.

Club have invested a lot of money into the team and weren’t happy to finish 2nd to team who pay out approximately £500 a game, the cup win did lighten the thoughts however.

25 minutes ago, teflon123 said:

Tavistock will reportedly have the 2nd biggest budget in the league.

You are dead right in your statement that Parkway have the biggest budget (approximately 3k a game).

Winning the league is the minimum requirement coming from the Bolitho hierarchy this season.

Club have invested a lot of money into the team and weren’t happy to finish 2nd to team who pay out approximately £500 a game, the cup win did lighten the thoughts however.

Parkway and Tavistock next season could compare to rivalry in the Eighties when Liskeard and Saltash slugged it out for the Western League title. Can't wait.

On 20/05/2019 at 07:08, teflon123 said:

Be interested to see how many players go between Plymouth Parkway & Tavistock this year. They shared players last term in order to field sides but the same can’t be done this year.

Tiegan Rosenquest being a Tavistock boy is going back to Langsford Park and also heard Mike Smith is joining him.

Tiegan is a Plymouth lad. 🤔

On 21/05/2019 at 18:44, Devon29 said:

Teflon you’re an absolute Beaut 🤣🤣🤣

Talk me through Parkways “£3k per game” budget - I’d love to hear this. 

That’s approx £187.50 per player per game for a 16 man squad. 

Where is this money coming from ? 

Can’t wait for this....

Devon 29,

If you think that every player is on the same - £187.50 as stated then you need a wake call.

4 Players are on £250 plus so there is nearly a 1/3 gone already.

Maybe more than 16 in the squad and do the Management get paid?

Gates and Senior figures is where the money comes from.

5 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Devon 29,

If you think that every player is on the same - £187.50 as stated then you need a wake call.

Maybe more than 16 in the squad and do the Management get paid?

Gates and Senior figures is where the money comes from.

Why are you asking me if the management get paid - you know it all don't you ?

According to this thread alone - you know that:

- Parkway are being paid 5 times more than other squads in the league (some teams don’t even pay). 

(Meaning most teams' budget is £600 per game)  Big LOL

- Jordan Bentley, Billy Palfrey, River Allen & Tyler Harvey has all been made lucrative offers from Plymouth Parkway in recent days.

Club have supposed to have made a name your price policy to Andrew Neal which he has declined to stay at Taunton.

(All very laughable statements)

- Tavistock will reportedly have the 2nd biggest budget in the league.

(LOL - really?)

- Winning the league is the minimum requirement coming from the Bolitho hierarchy this season.

(If that's the minimum, what more could they do?)

- Gates and Senior figures is where the money comes from.

(I am interested in how many pass through the gate at home games and what the shortfall is for a league budget of £114,000 to be raised for your proposed £3k a game) (Oh and Parkway won the cup this year, so add some cup games into the mix to increase the budget) . Just in the league if 500 people actually paid £6 to get into the ground (they wouldn't) that arguably is enough to cover the home game budget.  You're telling me "Senior Figures" then pay £57,000 in per year to cover players wages (league games only) then in addition pay for travel, ground maintenance, upgrading club house, and all the other stuff that goes with running a football club?

All in all, you must be on the board at Parkway to know so much inside information.  You know the budget, you know what players are being paid (if 4 are on £250 EACH), you know the disappointment and objectives for next season and are in the loop with the transfer targets and what they are being offered.

You sir are a dreamer and to quote you one last time - maybe you are the one needing the "wake up call".

Thanks for the entertainment though :)

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Tavistock striker Josh Grant moves  to Taunton ,Tavi could struggle without him up front scoring goals

I expect they pursued Glyn Hobbs back if he can get himself fit. Odd one that dont see grant getting much game time in that Taunton team. 

Would be a loss to Parkway as he offered a different type of attacking threat. Change of formation to one man upfront, and the addition of Jordan Annear, meant he slipped down the pecking order. Didn't help himself though when he missed a chunk of games with two sendings off (straight red, served  three match ban, another straight red in first game back, further four match ban).

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

River Allen signing for Tiverton. What’s happen there ? local Plymouth lad would have been ideal for parkway and surly they could afford him. 

Perhaps if Parkway had made it to Southern League they could have attracted him. Tiverton is a very good move for him, he's quite clearly rated by the management and supporters. Not sure anybody really understands why Truro released him.

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Cannot see Parkway overtaking Tiverton not while Tivy have that Goal machine Levi Landricombe playing for them often wandered why hes not playing somewhere like Truro hes good enough

I get the impression Tiverton are rebuilding lost loads of players and only just avoided going down. Parkway will over take Tiverton in a few years. 

Jordan Bastin a very clever recruit.

Turned down a number of clubs (Taunton, Tivvy, Willard, Buckland and also Weymouth were sniffing around apparently) in order to sign for Parkway. One can only guess that ££ was a big part in this deal.

Hobbs has told Bastin he’ll be number 1 choice so Carter (Bodmin bound), Annear (Bodmin bound) and Smith (Tavi bound) have all been told they are not guaranteed to start.

Parkway also keen to add GK Shaun Hillier (currently with Saltash) to his squad.

Yes.  Released from Argyle last year.  Loaned to Callington early part of this year when their keeper was suspended.  I watched 2 of his games for them and he looked a very accomplished keeper, for some reason he ended up back at Saltash.  Don't know if he was dropped when Borthwick was available again or if there was an agreement for him to just play a handful of games.  He also played a game for Torpoint on loan and they wanted to keep him permanently but again he ended up back at Saltash.  From what I have seen, he looks a much better keeper than Ryan Rickard and Saltash would be silly to let him go.

Carter got feel annoyed being pushed out if that’s true I thought he had a decent season. 

Annear never got any game time so I can understand him looking else where. 

I heard that lee had got Glyn Hobbs to come pre season training maybe he could be up top with bastin ? 

Teflon you’re such a whopper - honestly! 

Can you please answer some of my earlier Questions at some point?  

Was the meeting between Lee and Jordan just the three of you? Must have been for you to know what was said I guess. 

Baffling that so many Strikers have been told that they won’t be starting next season. That would be hard to take the week before their end of season presentation. 

Please don’t change - you’re too entertaining.