Cornwall Football Forum

Exmouth Supporters @ Bodmin Town FC

ETFC support must have added about 100 to the gate. They stayed singing and partying in the bar till 6.30. The atmosphere in the clubhouse was fantastic along with the renditions of Hey Jude. 

Yet not one word of appreciation from anyone on this website.

Still, upon reflection most Cornish clubs will not have to put up with the intrusion of regular visitors from Devon clubs next season. 

Oh, and by the way, Exmouth Town FC will probably be plying their trade @ Step 6 in the Western League next season.

Yours in Sport.

8 minutes ago, shots said:

ETFC support must have added about 100 to the gate. They stayed singing and partying in the bar till 6.30. The atmosphere in the clubhouse was fantastic along with the renditions of Hey Jude. 

Still, upon reflection most Cornish clubs will not have to put up with the intrusion of regular visitors from Devon clubs next season. 

Oh, and by the way, Exmouth Town FC will probably be plying their trade @ Step 6 in the Western League next season.

Yours in Sport.

Think most folk on here quite like the idea of an exclusively Cornish league (and that is speaking as a Cornishman).

Good luck in the Western League next season. I know that Parkway (if they're still in step 5), Buckland and Tavvy (as other clubs who have moved up) will enjoy 100 or so hungry, thirsty and singing Exmouth fans in their clubhouse.

Obviously the person who posted this topic was potentially still full of ale.

A primary slur against not only Bodmin Town Football Club but anyone else at this match was that nobody gave the Exmouth contingent any appreciation for attending a game involving their (wonderful) side in a potential title deciding fixture.

There appears to be more than a hint of rather rude Anti Cornwall propaganda in the mix?

If the writer had read through Dave's usual header on here, which encompasses posts for all this Saturdays games, they would surely have seen that I personally gave Exmouth supporters credit for their attendance.

Saying that, if you can't be arsed getting to such an important one off game for your club it's a pretty sad state of affairs and certainly not something to become a drama queen about. What do the glory hunters expect, flowers, chocolates and a red carpet? You've not travelled from the other side of the country.

The group in the novelty blue hats did bring some noise and colour to what was an exceedingly poor match, however, their beer induced bravado upset quite a few normal football supporters in the ground.

A lot of ordinary punters who'd just come along to see a game got sick of some big gobs from Exmouth repeatedly abusing the match officials which in turn sadly extended to individual Bodmin players. Decidedly unpleasant, especially with women and children in earshot.

It was particularly distasteful to hear abuse hurtled towards Glyn Hobbs standing beside the Bodmin bench. It was disgusting to hear idiots shouting out "sit down *** ***" towards one of the finest strikers the SWPL has had the pleasure to witness in recent times. If this is what Exmouth Town class as genuine support they would be better off staying at home and doing Cornwall a favour.

As for bragging about moving up the pyramid, maybe you should reflect whether you deserve such a privilege?  

46 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

A primary slur against not only Bodmin Town Football Club but anyone else at this match was that nobody gave the Exmouth contingent any appreciation for attending a game involving their (wonderful) side in a potential title deciding fixture.

There appears to be more than a hint of rather rude Anti Cornwall propaganda in the mix?

If the writer had read through Dave's usual header on here, which encompasses posts for all this Saturdays games, they would surely have seen that I personally gave Exmouth supporters credit for their attendance.

Saying that, if you can't be arsed getting to such an important one off game for your club it's a pretty sad state of affairs and certainly not something to become a drama queen about. What do the glory hunters expect, flowers, chocolates and a red carpet? You've not travelled from the other side of the country.

The group in the novelty blue hats did bring some noise and colour to what was an exceedingly poor match, however, their beer induced bravado upset quite a few normal football supporters in the ground.

A lot of ordinary punters who'd just come along to see a game got sick of some big gobs from Exmouth repeatedly abusing the match officials which in turn sadly extended to individual Bodmin players. Decidedly unpleasant, especially with women and children in earshot.

It was particularly distasteful to hear abuse hurtled towards Glyn Hobbs standing beside the Bodmin bench. It was disgusting to hear idiots shouting out "sit down fat boy" towards one of the finest strikers the SWPL has had the pleasure to witness in recent times. If this is what Exmouth Town class as genuine support they would be better off staying at home and doing Cornwall a favour.

As for bragging about moving up the pyramid, maybe you should reflect whether you deserve such a privilege?  

OK I didnt write the topic ,but as a town fan I will reply to your comments,

First of all I never expect any credit for attending matches , I love non league football  and supporting my Town and my community,not a faceless Company. 

Yes it was a big game for Town and we did have a few travel ,of course there were a few who had had a beer in the ghost town that is Bodmin.

Yes there was some loud support and comments,but if you went to any game you can pick and hear bad language ,normally from the players ? 

To be honest Glynn Hobbs was party too the abuse as well, ask the ladies he was giving abuse near him, he is no shrinking violet .

As for a great footballer ,he definitely was at this level,but he really wont endear himself by kicking footballs on too the pitch while the game is going on to waste time.

I had a great time at Bodmin and have enjoyed many trips over the border.

We have run coaches to various places this season and enjoyed the hospitality of many clubs and hopefully they have enjoyed our visits.

As for staying at home and doing Cornwall a favor ,thats fine ,but to be honest if we didn`t travel to some of the games in Cornwall there would have been nobody  watching the games and wouldn`t have benefited from the cash generated at the games from attending and in the clubhouses to which we always stay for a few beers after the game.

As for bragging about moving up the pyramid ,yes I suppose you could say that,I would say proud to achieve promotion . There a few clubs over the boarder who could have taken it and for what every reason haven`t.

I have enjoyed this season and reading this message board .

Good luck all ,have a great Summer UTT

On 28/04/2019 at 14:41, shots said:

Yours in Sport.

I added an extra one to the gate at Carharrack and no one gave me any appreciation either.

I see the official attendance was 141 .Good job we did turn up . UTT

On 28/04/2019 at 20:15, Uwdi Krugg said:

It was particularly distasteful to hear abuse hurtled towards Glyn Hobbs standing beside the Bodmin bench. It was disgusting to hear idiots shouting out "sit down fat boy" towards one of the finest strikers the SWPL has had the pleasure to witness in recent times. If this is what Exmouth Town class as genuine support they would be better off staying at home and doing Cornwall a favour.

OK I didnt write the topic ,but as a town fan I will reply to your comments,

First of all I never expect any credit for attending matches , I love non league football  and supporting my Town and my community,not a faceless Company. 

Yes it was a big game for Town and we did have a few travel ,of course there were a few who had had a beer in the ghost town that is Bodmin.

Yes there was some loud support and comments,but if you went to any game you can pick and hear bad language ,normally from the players ? 

To be honest Glynn Hobbs was party too the abuse as well, ask the ladies he was giving abuse near him, he is no shrinking violet .

As for a great footballer ,he definitely was at this level,but he really wont endear himself by kicking footballs on too the pitch while the game is going on to waste time.

I had a great time at Bodmin and have enjoyed many trips over the border.

We have run coaches to various places this season and enjoyed the hospitality of many clubs and hopefully they have enjoyed our visits.

As for staying at home and doing Cornwall a favor ,thats fine ,but to be honest if we didn`t travel to some of the games in Cornwall there would have been nobody  watching the games and wouldn`t have benefited from the cash generated at the games from attending and in the clubhouses to which we always stay for a few beers after the game.

As for bragging about moving up the pyramid ,yes I suppose you could say that,I would say proud to achieve promotion . There a few clubs over the boarder who could have taken it and for what every reason haven`t.

I have enjoyed this season and reading this message board .

Good luck all ,have a great Summer UTT