Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread (2019 Version)

I will be up at the G cheering them on 1 week then up Newquay the next if the G can hang on to Dan Perryman they may do again but the players you have mentioned i have never heard of them but no one had heard of Dan Perryman but he brought some life into the G after they had been poor until he turnd up ,but i have heard St Austell are after him.I think Newquay will have a better season than the G but we will see when i watch Newquay vs Helston and the G VS Falmouth they are my 2 favs for the league . Hope the G have a better season and control there discipline at least if its true with Ross Fallens going to Newquay theres 1 player the G wont have to worry about getting booked or sent off like he did for most of the season .Good luck Sid see you when the pre season starts cant wait

8 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I will be up at the G cheering them on 1 week then up Newquay the next if the G can hang on to Dan Perryman they may do again but the players you have mentioned i have never heard of them but no one had heard of Dan Perryman but he brought some life into the G after they had been poor until he turnd up ,but i have heard St Austell are after him.I think Newquay will have a better season than the G but we will see when i watch Newquay vs Helston and the G VS Falmouth they are my 2 favs for the league . Hope the G have a better season and control there discipline at least if its true with Ross Fallens going to Newquay theres 1 player the G wont have to worry about getting booked or sent off like he did for most of the season .Good luck Sid see you when the pre season starts cant wait

Nice to hear some common sense, I’m confident dan will be with us this season, I have a great relationship with him, also the new players you haven’t heard off get ready cos your about to be excited by them! Real quality players.

Discipline wise was awful last season something I have firmly addressed and your quite rite in terms of the worst offenders moving in to Newquay!

it would appear Newquay have a much improved budget this season (from previous comments not what I know) and yes with their recent signings from us will be stronger.

we will just continue to go under the radar and do our best to improve it’s all about developing a collective that want to be together doing and operating in the right committed manner!

I always looked forward to the pre season Sunday Independent showing photographs of all the league teams. Could always count on Rappo being in three different teams. Hope they do it again this coming season, always interesting to see who's playing where.

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

What's the ' Dutchy Prem? '

That the same as the Duchy Prem? 

'SID' respect to you, but can't you can't compete with some of the figures/sums of money rumoured to be coming out of Mt. Wise 

If you are going to take the out of someone’s spelling , get your grammar right . “ can’t you can’t “ ??? 

1 hour ago, Trooper said:

Leeds just talks rubbish, constant drivel that never materialise’s in anything. I was in Asda at Bodmin and someone told me Helston had signed messi zzzzzzz 

I'm right most of the time. I said Truro FC will go down the toilet & be homeless very soon ... Wait & see ...

I said Helston have spent a fortune on players ( there choice, fair play , 3 have just signed from North Devon ) ... Wait & see ... 

Newquay throwing big bucks to finish above Godolphin for only the second time in 8/9 years ... Wait & See !! 

2 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I'm right most of the time. I said Truro FC will go down the toilet & be homeless very soon ... Wait & see ...

I said Helston have spent a fortune on players ( there choice, fair play , 3 have just signed from North Devon ) ... Wait & see ... 

Newquay throwing big bucks to finish above Godolphin for only the second time in 8/9 years ... Wait & See !! 

If you have a bet when professional season starts can you share it so I can do it also! 

And I’ll wait and see lol

31 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

falmouth and helston favourites? wat about money in Port or even us magpies got a good budget

28 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

We are still waiting for your big announcements from last season 😂

G have been run like any cornish club should be. They dont have a big budget they have had loyal hard working people on the pitch and off it. Newquay having to up there budget and offer g players big money shows how far the g have come over the last 10 years. G wont have a problem attractions good new players and sid I know will be giving it his all the budget the best out of his team. Wish him luck hope he proves everyone wrong on here this season.

5 minutes ago, cornishlegend said:

G have been run like any cornish club should be. They dont have a big budget they have had loyal hard working people on the pitch and off it. Newquay having to up there budget and offer g players big money shows how far the g have come over the last 10 years. G wont have a problem attractions good new players and sid I know will be giving it his all the budget the best out of his team. Wish him luck hope he proves everyone wrong on here this season.

Thanks for the support and kind words! Appreciate that 👍

3 hours ago, SID said:

Alright Leeds, many of the old stock have left the G The rumours are correct, I am the manager and maybe some may not like me even though I have known most since kids and given some of them their debuts in men’s football many years ago! 

However ask your self self one question what have that group of players done in the last 3 seasons? 

3 hours ago, SID said:

I simply believe it’s time for something new that’s all. 

All ive done is state facts

2 hours ago, SID said:

all I know is that what we’ve been doing is going under the radar purposely, I’m not making any predictions apart from I can assure you this squad that is developing nicely will not be relegated.

Stop trying to defend yourself to keyboard warriors on a forum, it's cringey and unprofessional. Let them talk for now and then shut them up by getting results on the pitch.

25 minutes ago, SID said:

Apologies if I Came across cringey? I am just joining in on the forum and giving my opinion, I don’t need to defend myself I don t feel attacked lol.

just doing the same as every other member mate and discussing local football. 

Fair play, at least you care. All the best for the season!

12 hours ago, Kevin Reynolds said:

falmouth and helston favourites? wat about money in Port or even us magpies got a good budget

Keep hearing about budgets at Port and Magpies, however gossip and names of players signing has been quite from both sets of camps............have either completed any signings yet? 

14 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

Did you see the disciplinary record at the G last season? If that’s the blueprint for every other club then football is doomed.  

The manager  was no better either, some of the things I saw and heard him say was cringeworthy at times.   Perhaps that’s why he has let some go? If that is the case then I of course applaud him,  but I’ll be watching with interest to see if his side behave any better this season. 

Don’t believe Godolphin “let players go”. They’ve lost the majority of the team from what I hear and there are some quality players that have left most definitely in their own accord I’d imagine to go to rivals Newquay, players that would get into most teams in the league. Newquay look to be strong this year whilst I think Godolphin will struggle massively but I hope not good club and people and the town needs two clubs competing at this level.

3 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Keep hearing about budgets at Port and Magpies, however gossip and names of players signing has been quite from both sets of camps............have either completed any signings yet? 

Or even quiet Del Boy. Did you go to the same school as Leads?

Im just saying i think Helston will win the league simply because of Liam Eddy ,they had a good side last year lots of good young players the 2 Beattie boys are good and Matt Bye class player but still see a weakness in the goalie Barrie Wyatt is quite eccentric but on his day hes very good but every game i have seen him play he makes mistakes .MY TOP 3 FOR THE LEAGUE 1 HELSTON 2 FALMOUTH 3 SALTASH im going for a 6th position for NEWQUAY dont know about the G BUT I THINK IT WILL BE A LONG HARD SEASON any team would struggle when half the team leave and these where all good players .Hope the G do have a good season and i wish G and Sid all the best for the season hope the discipline is better this year ,anyway me and Smokie will be there in all weathers usual spot under the year bottom corner

2 hours ago, Hetty said:

Did you see the disciplinary record at the G last season? If that’s the blueprint for every other club then football is doomed.  

The manager  was no better either, some of the things I saw and heard him say was cringeworthy at times.   Perhaps that’s why he has let some go? If that is the case then I of course applaud him,  but I’ll be watching with interest to see if his side behave any better this season. 

Players have left on their on accord just to set the record straight, of course it’s difficult losing so many but the players in mention have been with the club for many years and it’s time for change for all, there is no hard feeling whatsoever and I wish al of them the best of luck.

I personally will be doing all I can to improve the discipline throughout

6 minutes ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

SID, it is going to be a long season for you on here if you respond to every comment regarding Godolphin! Just let the haters, hate and the critics, critique!

That’s fair and the last you’ll hear off me! 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Im just saying i think Helston will win the league simply because of Liam Eddy ,they had a good side last year lots of good young players the 2 Beattie boys are good and Matt Bye class player but still see a weakness in the goalie Barrie Wyatt is quite eccentric but on his day hes very good but every game i have seen him play he makes mistakes .MY TOP 3 FOR THE LEAGUE 1 HELSTON 2 FALMOUTH 3 SALTASH im going for a 6th position for NEWQUAY dont know about the G BUT I THINK IT WILL BE A LONG HARD SEASON any team would struggle when half the team leave and these where all good players .Hope the G do have a good season and i wish G and Sid all the best for the season hope the discipline is better this year ,anyway me and Smokie will be there in all weathers usual spot under the year bottom corner

St Austell had a better side last season with eddy and came 5th. There is no doubting Helston have signed a good strike force but they will be going into a side that finished 11th last season.  It’s a strike force that will without doubt improve them, but win the league? Not for me, I believe Helston will be one of those sides that effects where the league will end up, as will beat anyone on their day, however will struggle to find the consistency needed to win the title. For me you can’t look past Mousehole due to their financial clout and contacts to professional players or is it now saltash’s time? They have a settled squad and have won a couple of cups recently and did finish as the highest placed Cornish team last season.  

Never heard of Jason Robertson dont think there are a lot of good goalies around Ryan Barnes is the best in this league i think it was Tavis Josh Oak i saw Kyle Moore the Parkway goalie a couple of times and i thought he was awful but he seemed to do ok with Parkway shows how poor a judge i am .Im delighted to see Martin Giles back at St AUSTELL brilliant player St Austell through and through and hes a nice bloke as well

26 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

I’m sure you will find he’s only there for the love of the club. He only goes anywhere for the love of the club.  🤔🤣😂

Put your claws away Kelvin! You wild cat !! 😃

Hearing from a reliable source that Barry 'Beef' Wyatt is in talks with your crowd down at Port wanting mega money ... 🤑

On 16/06/2019 at 20:58, Rayvon said:

I always looked forward to the pre season Sunday Independent showing photographs of all the league teams. Could always count on Rappo being in three different teams. Hope they do it again this coming season, always interesting to see who's playing where.

Eh? Was never in 2 photos pre season Ray!? Always sorted my season out early in the summer!! Wouldn’t piss a manager around like that! 8 seasons at Falmouth, 4 at Newquay, 2 at Truro, 2 at Penzance, 2 at Penryn and a season each at Porthleven and Wadebridge. Don’t think 7 clubs in over 20 seasons in the SWL is overly bad mate!? Might have been in a couple of mates running Combo teams as cover but that’s it! Remember Shaun Cooper being in 3 SWL teams pre season photos in the Indy, that’s the best I’ve seen, Coops was a star mind, think he had a signing on fee for a couple of them as well!! Think one of them was Truro so it might be him you’re thinking of Ray!! 🤔😀

12 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Eh? Was never in 2 photos pre season Ray!? Always sorted my season out early in the summer!! Wouldn’t piss a manager around like that! 8 seasons at Falmouth, 4 at Newquay, 2 at Truro, 2 at Penzance, 2 at Penryn and a season each at Porthleven and Wadebridge. Don’t think 7 clubs in over 20 seasons in the SWL is overly bad mate!? Might have been in a couple of mates running Combo teams as cover but that’s it! Remember Shaun Cooper being in 3 SWL teams pre season photos in the Indy, that’s the best I’ve seen, Coops was a star mind, think he had a signing on fee for a couple of them as well!! Think one of them was Truro so it might be him you’re thinking of Ray!! 🤔😀

Ray showing his bloody age now Mark, supporting Truro through these dark days has sent him delirious .... 

Get with it Rayvon , think before you type! 😉

Haha bless him Leeds! Tough old gig supporting City and Sheffield Wednesday!! Cmon the Blades!! 😁 Sorry Ray!! Biggest regret not playing for Ricky at Bodmin though Leeds, great bloke, asked me 3 times but I just couldn’t leave Falmouth! Mind you Wadds did alright with Chalky sticking them on a plate!! 👏🏼👌👍

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Sorry Mark if I got you confused with someone else. As Leeds said I must be suffering from early stages of Oldtimers. Got great faith in Steve Bruce getting us back in the Prem next season. Yorkshires No. 1

You really are a t wit a woo raymondo ! 😁

All these transfers from club to club shows to everyone where the players morals lie. Money .

understandable when they work and playing is a Hobbie but extremely difficult for clubs to have sustainability.

clubs spending signing on fees and extortionate wages and this level is silly also ambitious but for average players but if it brings success who can be judgemental .

This Forum is about opinions but looking at clubs that have had success in the past in the west of Cornwall , haven’t spent ,and loose all there players the following season this surely cannot be right . 

On 11/06/2019 at 14:44, Mick Throbsaw said:

He is nowhere near one of the best.  Perhaps a couple of stone ago!

Jason Vincent a very tidy striker and will fit well to their style.  Can't see them looking at anyone from that list other than James Lorenz or Mike Smith. Lucassi nowhere near the standard, Jacob Smale not a bad player, but not good enough, Dan Perryman is on a tidy little number down at Godolphin and Curtis Damerell won't be going there either, he is staying at Millbrook.

Bodmin struggling to attract players, but remain keen on James Lorenz and Jarrod Woods from Liskeard, Lewis Russell at Saltash, Josh Robins and Matt David of Tavy.

Launceston offering silly money for bang average players, Josh McCabe on £50 and Thackeray is on £40, that's without Hopcroft who will be on a bit too! Gary Jefferies not hanging about offering the big bucks!

Callington have got a massive job to improve this year.  The manager left last week and the new management have an immediate task of replacing their 2 centre backs as well as improving the overall quality of the squad after playing most of the season with glorified East Cornwall players.  Heard that the management have been busy in talking to players.

4 real good signings for Helston, 4 players that can win them a game! Regardless of the £100+ a game per player, if they can afford it sustainably then good luck to them.  Believe they are also pushing to get Jordan Annear across and one or two from Bideford.

Heard that James Lorenz is off to Bodmin for sure .Jarod woods is leaving maybe for saltash or callington Dylan peel also , Ben Walters is being touted by a few clubs .As heard there captain jack podmore is out for the season from playing in the kernow game .  So Liskeard will seem to struggle next year after only losing one game in the league all season. Would think they would wanna build on that . Or is that other teams have more money to pry these players away 

2 hours ago, Journeyman009 said:

Heard that James Lorenz is off to Bodmin for sure .Jarod woods is leaving maybe for saltash or callington Dylan peel also , Ben Walters is being touted by a few clubs .As heard there captain jack podmore is out for the season from playing in the kernow game .  So Liskeard will seem to struggle next year after only losing one game in the league all season. Would think they would wanna build on that . Or is that other teams have more money to pry these players away 

In the interview that the Liskeard manager did for Cornwall Football Podcast at end of last season, he alluded to the difficulties he foresaw in keeping players. Talked about how attractive the offers they were receiving looked to lads who are in lower paid jobs. Can't really blame them.