Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Wednesday 24 April 2019 : LISKEARD CHAMPIONS

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Achieved with a squad of mostly local players and  management, great to see the club taking the first steps back to their glory days.

Hopefully they can keep this group of players together, if they manage this then they could upset a few teams in the new league set up next season.

Agreed, great achievement. Year after promo is the real challenge, keeping the boys together like you mentioned. Sticker a good example how tough it is

13 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Only if you pay for me to come into the next home game and buy my refreshments at half time and a pint after the game oh and a programme. I may need you to pick me up as well as the bus times are not reliable. 

That will be the day when that ever happened !

Newquay

8 hours ago, teflon123 said:

100% James Lorenz will be at another club next season with Bodmin prepared to pay him top £.

Apparently Lorenz said he would stay at Liskeard this season & would move at the end.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him in a red and white shirt next season.

On 25/04/2019 at 12:20, kevin richards said:

Congratulations to all at Liskeard Football Club from all at Porthleven Football Club. The best side in the league by far. 🏆🥇🍺🍺🍺

I echo the praise for Liskeard winning the league. 

I however believe there is a better team in the league and if they had the squad they had now at the start of the season they would of walked the league. Every team that has played them this season have said they are by far the best team they have played this season, Liskeard included and the way they celebrated the last min equaliser against them they realised they were let off the hook.

Be interesting to see how the Div 1 west teams getting promoted fair next season.

Once again my congratulations to Liskeard, I hope they hold onto that Golden boot winner. Also all the best for next season. 

22 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

I echo the praise for Liskeard winning the league. 

I however believe there is a better team in the league and if they had the squad they had now at the start of the season they would of walked the league. Every team that has played them this season have said they are by far the best team they have played this season, Liskeard included and the way they celebrated the last min equaliser against them they realised they were let off the hook.

Be interesting to see how the Div 1 west teams getting promoted fair next season.

Once again my congratulations to Liskeard, I hope they hold onto that Golden boot winner. Also all the best for next season. 

Thanks Del Boy, it has been a good season and I agree that it will be interesting next season!!

Who (in your opinion) is the " better team with the improved squad??

MQx

53 minutes ago, Martin McHugh said:

Thanks Del Boy, it has been a good season and I agree that it will be interesting next season!!

Who (in your opinion) is the " better team with the improved squad??

MQx

I’m pretty sure he means the multi national Mousehole team Martin. Congratulations to you winning the league using local players. Much more of a achievement. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Didn’t seem to mind using the players when you were manager Kev, sour grapes doesn’t suit. 

Like I said congratulations on winning the league. 

My opinion is from watching Liskeard v Mousehole twice this season in my view is that Mousehole are the better side. I don’t think you can argue with that statement. 

Also I don’t think you have to worry about Brexit the House of Commons will take a decade to sort that shambles out 😂😂

10 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

My opinion is from watching Liskeard v Mousehole twice this season in my view is that Mousehole are the better side. I don’t think you can argue with that statement. 

However on the records it will always appear as Liskeard Athletic are the champions! 

20 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

However on the records it will always appear as Liskeard Athletic are the champions! 

Thanks Dave, that’s not the point I was making and if you read the points above I was giving my opinion to someone else’s opinion. 

Man City best team in Europe in my opinion but won’t win the Champs league. 

10 minutes ago, Martin McHugh said:

And well deserved in my humble, non tongue in cheek opinion!

MQx

League table never lies. Doesn’t mean your the BEST team just the most consistent. 

4 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Didn’t seem to mind using the players when you were manager Kev, sour grapes doesn’t suit. 

Like I said congratulations on winning the league. 

Also I don’t think you have to worry about Brexit the House of Commons will take a decade to sort that shambles out 😂😂

I was actually sacked for refusing to play 1 of the french lads Del Boy.  So no sour grapes from me !!  🍇😋

Liskeard are worthy Champions as over the course of the season they have been consistently the best team and the table never lies.

What I would say, however, is that Mousehole were by far and away the best team we (Plymouth Marjon) faced, but at the same time, in the away game in particular, we went down there way understrength.

James Lorenz goals at Liskeard have made a big difference but from what I witnessed in the two games against us, it was Macauley Thorpe in midfield that was the architect of everything that was good about them and by and large we kept James and Waltzy pretty quiet. 

Mousehole paid the price of not winning a League game in September, but the squad they assembled and their performances since Christmas have been awesome and I would think that moving forward, especially with their resources (whatever you think about them), they’ll fair better of all the Div One West teams going into the new Premier Division West next season. 

I don’t know James Lorenz personally but he came across as a really genuine lad in the two games against Marjon and I would have thought (and hoped) that unless he gets offered and absolute fortune (in local football terms) then he’ll stay at Liskeard.

I would hazard a guess that he’d be on a tidy wedge there already. 

Unless I`m mistaken,,,,,and I was once,,,,,,    there are no "tidy wedges" at the club and the boys all get the same.  

Players and managers move on,,,,,,,lie, ,,,,,,procrastinate, ,,,,,,, commit ,,,,,,,,,,  leave,,,,,,,,, come back,,,,,,,,,..    What goes around comes around and I have stated before,,,,,   you should be able to make more friends than enemies in football,  if you cant,, take up chess.

T.T.F.N.

MQx

34 minutes ago, FootieMan said:

Must have sacked him because he was too good then 😂

dont know Kevin myself, however, he got a West side to the senior cup final (was sacked before the event strangely!!) and his record was second to none in the league. Whether he is the best manager in the league, i dont know, but managers get judged on results. A bizarre sacking in everyones eyes on here when it did happen

5 hours ago, SCFC said:

dont know Kevin myself, however, he got a West side to the senior cup final (was sacked before the event strangely!!) and his record was second to none in the league. Whether he is the best manager in the league, i dont know, but managers get judged on results. A bizarre sacking in everyones eyes on here when it did happen

Appreciate it may have looked bizarre to the casual onlooker but that doesn’t mean it didn’t make perfect sense to those involved at the time. Do your really think they would sack such an advantageous asset unless they had very good reason? They don’t seem like the kind of organisation to shoot themselves in the foot. 

11 hours ago, FootieMan said:

Appreciate it may have looked bizarre to the casual onlooker but that doesn’t mean it didn’t make perfect sense to those involved at the time. Do your really think they would sack such an advantageous asset unless they had very good reason? They don’t seem like the kind of organisation to shoot themselves in the foot. 

in my opinion, it would seem like they wanted to get shot of him, regardless of how well he was performing, as they wanted somebody to fit their mould and become their 'yes man'. Obviously Kevin's refusal to play the player from overseas hasnt gone down well at all. Unless you know the real reasons??

On 28/04/2019 at 14:39, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Mousehole geared up to give local boys a chance...hahahahahahaha!

Couldn't make that up.

Mousehole would and will give any player a chance. If your good enough you get in the team.

New and old players always welcome at training from what I gather. 

Problem is in cornwall to many players don’t want to better themselves and are happy to play with mates or play in a league in which they win 9-0 each week. Get promoted then find themselves matched against equal opposition doesn’t go according to plan then the team ends up folding and goes full circle. 

If I was a young player with anything about me Mousehole would be a team and set up I’d try to get involved in. 

However some people just seem to be bitter about the whole thing and can’t see what the club has already achieved in small amount of time. 

Good luck to them I know what team in Penwith I’ll be watching on my free Saturdays next season. 

6 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Mousehole would and will give any player a chance. If your good enough you get in the team.

New and old players always welcome at training from what I gather. 

Problem is in cornwall to many players don’t want to better themselves and are happy to play with mates or play in a league in which they win 9-0 each week. Get promoted then find themselves matched against equal opposition doesn’t go according to plan then the team ends up folding and goes full circle. 

If I was a young player with anything about me Mousehole would be a team and set up I’d try to get involved in. 

However some people just seem to be bitter about the whole thing and can’t see what the club has already achieved in small amount of time. 

Good luck to them I know what team in Penwith I’ll be watching on my free Saturdays next season. 

Rich mans plaything.

However...best of luck to them.