Cornwall Football Forum

Next Season

7 hours ago, John Mead said:

Any truth in the rumor that TC are to play home games at the Cornish Pirates ground next season?

I think they are playing at Malpas John . 

Imagine the Rugby team kicking the football team off their own pitch & the football team having to play on a Rugby field 30 miles away !! 🙈🙈😹😹

10 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Imagine the Rugby team kicking the football team off their own pitch & the football team having to play on a Rugby field 30 miles away !! 🙈🙈😹😹

Malpas Park not up to league specification Leeds, only suitable for fish and chip football I'm afraid. 

On 23/04/2019 at 20:58, leedsunited said:

Just to put you mind at rest Leeds, Truro City have been assured that they will be able to play at Treyew Road next season so no more Chinese whispers please. :c:

So no one heard the comment on Radio Cornwall in the last few minutes of the game then?

It's not an exact quote, but, "Could this be the last football game we see here at Treyew Road..."

Make of it what you will, but I don't trust our new owners. It's like my Uncle said (when he found out that Pirates had bought City), "What's in it for Dicky Evans?" (sans the Stadium).

It's ironic really. Pirates are known for plundering, and if certain "rumours" are to be believed, the Cornish Pirates will be doing the same thing to Truro City.

(Sorry - I'm a very untrusting person. After all of this stuff with Masters, I trust this lot even less).

On 26/04/2019 at 14:13, Rayvon said:

Just to put you mind at rest Leeds, Truro City have been assured that they will be able to play at Treyew Road next season so no more Chinese whispers please. :c:

Oh Raymond, it seems it's not just me that heard this 'rumour' either as Mr. Penzance ( John Mead ) has to also heard this ... 

6 hours ago, John Mead said:

I thought I heard Mr. Masters say on Radio Rugby this afternoon, that playing at the Pirates ground in Penzance has not been ruled out for next season!

8 hours ago, John Mead said:

I thought I heard Mr. Masters say on Radio Rugby this afternoon, that playing at the Pirates ground in Penzance has not been ruled out for next season!

There will be a lot of postponments for city if true .Have you seen the state of the menaye after the pirates have played on it after days of rain ? 

Loads of things said around the match yesterday!

The Pirates are to play at Treyew next season with the football at Penzance!

Caretaker manager Paul Wilkinson is interested enough in the job permanent that would move down this way to take it!

Lee Hodges and Chris Todd are willing to make a return!

The Pirates hierarchy feel that there’s no difference between a Rugby supporter and a football supporter!

The deal to sign over the club to the Pirates hasn’t actually happened yet (this was also confirmed on the radio)

When it does happen, the club will be run by “football people” and the budget will be more than this season!

There is to be an under-19 team next season - although unsure as to what competition it will play in!

And so it begins....

Whatever, let’s hope serious preparation for next season has already started because it hit home listening to the Slough management pair after the game talking about most of the players have already agreed things for next season; season tickets are already on a sale and it’s obvious they are already well on their way to building for next season!

We certainly don’t want the same as last season with an abysmal start both on and off the pitch!

I have obvious concerns about the possibility of Truro City playing home games just 100 yards from Penlee Park! However, my understanding of the regulations is that any required facility improvements have to be in place by the end of last month (March); the Mennaye ground is not currently compliant for either Step 2 or 3 FA competitions and would need considerable changes/additions to get it to an acceptable standard. We will see what transpires!

On 24/04/2019 at 08:18, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

That's where TCFC is heading, fish and chip football....get your rods out!

Been announced that Paul Wilkinson has been offered a two year contract to stay at Treyew Road with a competitive budget in place. The squad is expected to face a major overhaul. :c:

I am very disappointed to see that you have dropped out of the top three most popular contributors Older, are you having a problem with your Peter pointer or are you awaiting delivery of a new wooden spoon?

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Been announced that Paul Wilkinson has been offered a two year contract to stay at Treyew Road with a competitive budget in place. The squad is expected to face a major overhaul. :c:

I am very disappointed to see that you have dropped out of the top three most popular contributors Older, are you having a problem with your Peter pointer or are you awaiting delivery of a new wooden spoon?

Haha...to busy this time of the season, football overload here with final, semi finals,  bar work and cooking.

Ever felt like you're doing everything!

You know what Arnie says...I'll be back!

PS..spoon is being used for stirring in the kitchen.

No one will ever know City Fan it's all in the past now. On the brighter side The Bristol Meat Machine will be trading at the the ground on Fridays until further notice and by the size of the queues they are doing very well, a good source of income for the club during the close season. So it's chop chop and let's get this show back on the road and let's hope there are no more misteaks from the new management team and we should be able to make mincemeat of all the opposition in the Southern League next season.:c:

RAYVON - As a club Truro City should (if offered) accept it's earned reprieve from relegation, those teams you forecast as turning to mincemeat could see years of sorrow for Truro City lagging in the Southern League or below, maybe never again to sample National League football. Enough of your bravado defeatist talk. THE ONLY WAY IS UP. We must get rid of last years failure.

Slightly off topic (way off in fact), but what about Steve Massey returning to Truro City not as manager, but in a director of football type role? Looks like Paul Wilkinson is the favourite for the manager job next season, but think that Mr Massey would make sense in a DOF role. This would act as a bridge between the Cornish Pirate owners (and also counter the talk of them not being football people), while also using his experience, passion and contacts to rebuild the footballing infrastructure of the club with regards to youth and women's football. This would be along the lines of what he has developed at Helston. Heard an interview with him on the Cornwall Football Podcast a while ago where he bemoaned the lack of this at Truro.

Would be interesting to hear other's thoughts.

9 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Slightly off topic (way off in fact), but what about Steve Massey returning to Truro City not as manager, but in a director of football type role? Looks like Paul Wilkinson is the favourite for the manager job next season, but think that Mr Massey would make sense in a DOF role. This would act as a bridge between the Cornish Pirate owners (and also counter the talk of them not being football people), while also using his experience, passion and contacts to rebuild the footballing infrastructure of the club with regards to youth and women's football. This would be along the lines of what he has developed at Helston. Heard an interview with him on the Cornwall Football Podcast a while ago where he bemoaned the lack of this at Truro.

Would be interesting to hear other's thoughts.

Paul Wilkinson has been given a 2 year contract as manager as far as I was aware

8 hours ago, St Darren said:

Has it not been sorted yet? I thought he’d been given 2 years?  But then I suppose if handover hasn’t been completed the new owners can’t make that decision 

Spot on.

The handover has not been completed,as of ,yet.

Officially Masters still owns the Club.

Until this is sorted,the proposed new owners can not,make any decisions,for the football club.

On 28/04/2019 at 01:24, John Mead said:

John I have heard also the Penzance pitch is being readied in case the builders get the go ahead from the financiers to start work on Treyew road site, which is always a possibility.

35 minutes ago, Old 1950 said:

John I have heard also the Penzance pitch is being readied in case the builders get the go ahead from the financiers to start work on Treyew road site, which is always a possibility.

Also heard that, but nothing had happened on the Pirates ground when I looked in last Friday. A start in early August on that pitch looks unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, work is now going ahead at the Pirates home ground. Contractors are removing all the grass as well as the top couple of inches of soil to get an even, flat surface. Apparently, it will then be re-seeded. The same thing was done at Mousehole's pitch 2 years ago and they couldn't play on it until November! When does Truro's season start?

Maybe TOMORROW Truro City's plans will change and their place in the Conference South restored.

Wednesday is the deadline for Gateshead, most if not all supporters fear their meeting with the National League will signal the end for them and the creation of a breakaway Gateshead club playing in the lower leagues.

In those circumstances Aldershot would escape relegation and their NLS slot would under league rules have to be offered to Truro City being the club amongst the relegated teams with the best record, surely this offer if forthcoming will demonstrate the ambition of the new Truro City owners.

Interesting times.

On 2 May 2019 at 13:43, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Haha...to busy this time of the season, football overload here with final, semi finals,  bar work and cooking.

Ever felt like you're doing everything!

You know what Arnie says...I'll be back!

PS..spoon is being used for stirring in the kitchen.

Arnie came back as Governor of California! I suppose you could come back as the Governor of Kernick Road, but it hasn't got the same ring about it!' :yahoo: