Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP FINAL - Easter Monday 22 April 2019

7 hours ago, The Big Bad Fox said:

Expecting a saltash win here, but hoping Falmouth do it. Most of the saltash squad are from Plymouth I believe. So would be nice to see a proper Cornish group of players win the CSC.

With the form of Falmouth this season, Saltash will win this very easily.

In 1983, Western League Falmouth Town were hot favourites over South Western League Launceston in the Senior Cup Final.

Launceston won 1-0.

Saltash may be favourites but it's a cup game. Wigan beat Man City in the FA Cup Final. 

Have faith and believe. Support your team and enjoy the day whatever the result.

My prediction for this game is a 1all draw with Falmouth to win 3.1aet. Anyway all the best to all my friends down the other end of the river and good luck, you are a club that has been deprived of success for to long.  I would have liked to have attended the final but feel I should make the journey to Hampton and Richmond and show my support in our relegation battle. :c:

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Off to Bodmin tmmrw should be a good game cant see anything but a Saltash win ,Famouth will be without Jordan Annear because i expect he will be playing for Parkway .Im going for a 3-1 win to Saltash if JoRDAN  Annear plays i am going for the same score but in Falmouths favour

One man doesn't make a team steve !

On 20/04/2019 at 14:08, The Big Bad Fox said:

Expecting a saltash win here, but hoping Falmouth do it. Most of the saltash squad are from Plymouth I believe. So would be nice to see a proper Cornish group of players win the CSC.

I am sure the league would be in a sorry state if it wasnt for those Pesky  Plymouthians. So I hope Saltash beat Falmouth with a couple of Janners scoring the goals

25 minutes ago, SWL Veteran said:

Saltash will be too strong for Falmouth. Well organised side and the Annear factor is huge.

That's what they said about Tavistock in last seasons league cup final .That's also what they said about parkway in last season's charity bowl .same people said the same about St Austell in this year's semi final .Remind me what happened in those games ?

13 minutes ago, mattelot said:

That's what they said about Tavistock in last seasons league cup final .That's also what they said about parkway in last season's charity bowl .same people said the same about St Austell in this year's semi final .Remind me what happened in those games ?

That is history !

Just back from watching a very entertaining Senior Cup final ,the 1st half was really good with Saltash going  in front from top goalscorer Ryan Richards 3 mins later Falmouths brilliant captain Joe Cooper powered in  a header ,Saltash began to get on top with Richards, and Hughes really causing trouble for the Falmouth defence  but Joe Cooper and James Ward stood firm and kept the Score at 1-1 .The 2nd half got off to a great pace but the game was ruined by the sending off for a 2nd booking for a 2nd booking in my opinion this ruined the game ,with Saltash down to 10 men Falmouth took advantage and defender James Ward up for a corner scored what prooved to be the winning goal .This was a really good entertaining game and my mom and was also  voted the same by the Blazer brigade who where out in force today Joe Cooper what a brilliant player and what a captain he had a storming game and deserved to lift the cup above his head and celebrate with his team mates and tremendous fans .I wasnt happy with the stewards stopping people going onto the pitch to get a team photo ,have to do that at St Blazey in a few weeks time .Well doen to Falmouth and hard luck on Saltash chance to get revenge in a few weeks at St Blazey but i think it will be another Falmouth victory

Will be raising a glass of Diet Coke tonight from Egypt!!! Well done to Westy, Milchy, Charlie and all the lads!!! 22 years of hurt over! Been involved in quite a bit of the hurt before that as well!!! Absolutely delighted for everyone at Town! Gutted to have missed it. Never mind, off for another Swedish massage! 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

11 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Just back from watching a very entertaining Senior Cup final ,the 1st half was really good with Saltash going  in front from top goalscorer Ryan Richards 3 mins later Falmouths brilliant captain Joe Cooper powered in  a header ,Saltash began to get on top with Richards, and Hughes really causing trouble for the Falmouth defence  but Joe Cooper and James Ward stood firm and kept the Score at 1-1 .The 2nd half got off to a great pace but the game was ruined by the sending off for a 2nd booking for a 2nd booking in my opinion this ruined the game ,with Saltash down to 10 men Falmouth took advantage and defender James Ward up for a corner scored what prooved to be the winning goal .This was a really good entertaining game and my mom and was also  voted the same by the Blazer brigade who where out in force today Joe Cooper what a brilliant player and what a captain he had a storming game and deserved to lift the cup above his head and celebrate with his team mates and tremendous fans .I wasnt happy with the stewards stopping people going onto the pitch to get a team photo ,have to do that at St Blazey in a few weeks time .Well doen to Falmouth and hard luck on Saltash chance to get revenge in a few weeks at St Blazey but i think it will be another Falmouth victory

It’s the black blazer brigades big day of the year, all free admission and free food!  What was the entry charge today for all the non blazer brigade ?

2 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Well done Big Al, that reverse psychology worked.

I am so clever!

I thought Falmouth deserved it overall. I hope Saltash don't start with the excuses after a heated exchange mostly between Dane Bunney and a CCFA lady about Falmouth warming up on the pitch and Saltash on the training pitch. 

The second booking for Maddison I thought was harsh but after being booked for a foul in the first half the referee had no choice.

Overall a fantastic result for Falmouth.  Must mention the F-Troop. One could hear them enter the Priory Park car park with their singing and chanting and it certainly added to the atmosphere.

Top marks too to the PA announcer. Very clear (mostly) and even read the 50/50 winners, sadly they were the wrong ones because I didn't win. Three prizes, winning ticket £70.

One happy bunny tonight!

On a sad note RIP Pastyman.

4 minutes ago, mattelot said:

One of the best bits of the after match celebrations was the F troop singing Big Al are you watching ! Big Al are you watching ! Na Na Na Na !  Na Na Na Na !

😁😂🤣

No, the train times were idiotic but I was listening. No doubt you helped the team on its way with your loud vocal support!

7 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Did you make it today alan to bodmin 

No the trains were running to a Sunday service and impossible.to get from Parkway to Bodmin.

8 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Did you make it today alan to bodmin 

Falmouth Town 2-1 Saltash United (H/T 1-1)

Town: Ryan Barnes; Dave Blizzard, Ollie Moody (Jack Webber 74m), Ryan Martt, Joe Cooper (c), James Ward, Martyn Duff (Matt Buchan 68m), Dave Broglino, Luke Brabyn, Luke Johnson (Jack Bowyer 78m), Tim Nixon. Unused subs: Andrew Westgarth, Charlie Davis.

Booked: Bowyer 86m (dissent)

Ashes: Ryan Rickard; David Barker, Callum Martindale, Lewis Russell, Callum O'Brien, Chris Menhenick (Lewis Edwards 83m), Richard Maddison,  Sam Farrant (Dave Trott 80m), Sam Hughes, Ryan Richards (c), Daniel Lewis. Unused subs: Sam Leary,  Henry Wilson, Shaun Cleary.

Booked: Maddison 22m (foul), Barker 73m (dissent), Menhenick 81m (foul), Trott 90+5m (foul).

Off: Maddison 50m (handball - 2nd booking)

Referee: Shaun Edge (Torpoint)

Assistants: Richard Butter (Launceston) and Steve Nute (Saltash)

4th official: Mike Glanville (Camborne)

0-1 4m Richards (s)

1-1 6m Cooper (s)

2-1 79m Ward (h)

13 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

I thought Falmouth deserved it overall. I hope Saltash don't start with the excuses after a heated exchange mostly between Dane Bunney and a CCFA lady about Falmouth warming up on the pitch and Saltash on the training pitch. 

The second booking for Maddison I thought was harsh but after being booked for a foul in the first half the referee had no choice.

Overall a fantastic result for Falmouth.  Must mention the F-Troop. One could hear them enter the Priory Park car park with their singing and chanting and it certainly added to the atmosphere.

One happy bunny tonight!

On a sad note RIP Pastyman.

Yes the minutes silence before the game for ardent Saltash supporter Paul, known as PASTYMAN on this forum was impeccably observed .Our thoughts and condolences to his family and friends

17 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

Falmouth Town 2-1 Saltash United (H/T 1-1)

Town: Ryan Barnes; Dave Blizzard, Ollie Moody (Jack Webber 74m), Ryan Martt, Joe Cooper (c), James Ward, Martyn Duff (Matt Buchan 68m), Dave Broglino, Luke Brabyn, Luke Johnson (Jack Bowyer 78m), Tim Nixon. Unused subs: Andrew Westgarth, Charlie Davis.

Booked: Bowyer 86m (dissent)

Ashes: Ryan Rickard; David Barker, Callum Martindale, Lewis Russell, Callum O'Brien, Chris Menhenick (Lewis Edwards 83m), Richard Maddison,  Sam Farrant (Dave Trott 80m), Sam Hughes, Ryan Richards (c), Daniel Lewis. Unused subs: Sam Leary,  Henry Wilson, Shaun Cleary.

Booked: Maddison 22m (foul), Barker 73m (dissent), Menhenick 81m (foul), ?? 90+5m (foul).

Off: Maddison 50m (handball - 2nd booking)

Referee: Shaun Edge (Torpoint)

Assistants: Richard Butter (Launceston) and Steve Nute (Saltash)

4th official: Mike Glanville (Camborne)

0-1 4m Richards (s)

1-1 6m Cooper (s)

2-1 79m Ward (h)

The cornwall fa could not even organise a neutral linesman !