Teignmouth    7-4    Newton Abbot Spurs

DIVISION ONE WEST

Bere Alston United    1-5    Plymstock United

Bude Town    0-3    Holsworthy

Liskeard Athletic    2-0    Dobwalls

Mousehole    4-0    Penzance

Porthleven    1-0    Wendron United

St.Blazey    1-1    St Dennis

Back from watching the Towns local derby Godolphin vs Newquay ,The 1st half was pretty awful to be fair the G where not very good and Newquay deservedly went 1-0 after a bit of a mess in the G defence and Jack Bray Evans with onlythan to beat scored easily ,earlier they had hit the cross bar with a great shot from ex G player Alex Cole Newquay should of been 3-0 up at the break but didnt take there chances and there misses would come back to bite them in the bum in the 2nd half .Whatever G manager said in the 2nd half did the trick or it may of been the magic oranges ,the G came out a different team and dominated the 2nd half and Joe Stone up from the back powered home a headerto bring the scores level and it wasnt long before Dan Perryman had scored to put the G 2-1 and that was the final score .The game was full of niggly silly fouls from both sides and Alex Cole collected a red and was sent off for a 2nd booking .Newquay threw everything at the G in the closing moments of the game even goalie Dan Peters up for a corner ,but it was all in vain and the G held on for a hard earne win .My mom is easy for the G jOE STONE who was brilliant at both ends defending and scoring and for Newquay Lousi Price who was destroying the G with his wing play and attacking strange decision i thought to take there best players off in Louis Price and CAM TURNER .I thought the ref and his officials had a very good game in a very difficult game h e tried to play the advantage a lot and tried to keep the game flowing . Well done the G and hard luck to Newquay who should of taken there chances in the 1st half

1 hour ago, Themanhimself said:

Bideford/Helston 3-0 Falmouth reserves 

I think both teams got what they wanted this afternoon. Helton got the win and Town got through the game without any obvious injuries.  Onwards now to the CSC final where Town will play in front of around 200-300 of their own supporters according to social media. I hope the players and fans can enjoy the biggest game for the club in 22 years! 

UP THE TOWN!

By the way. Who was the Helston #15 who came on in the first half? Looked a decent player.  I get the feeling he wasn't a regular!

Anyway. Well done Helston on a good win.

10 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

I think both teams got what they wanted this afternoon. Helton got the win and Town got through the game without any obvious injuries.  Onwards now to the CSC final where Town will play in front of around 200-300 of their own supporters according to social media. I hope the players and fans can enjoy the biggest game for the club in 22 years! 

UP THE TOWN!

By the way. Who was the Helston #15 who came on in the first half? Looked a decent player.  I get the feeling he wasn't a regular!

The sub was current Bideford  (Attacking midfielder)  Billy Tucker -born in Dagenham and has played 34 games and scored 12 goals for tthe Southern League club this season.

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Bideford no great shakes, 11th in league and lost four of there last five games, did see Mr Massey in Truro this week wearing a Bideford track suit top which I found a little strange though.🙃

Ray-Thats because Ryan & Scott Beattie along with ex captain and ex Truro Favourite Mattie Bye have signed for Helston this season.LOL

2 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Bideford/Helston 3-0 Falmouth reserves 

I have just been phoned the Town lineup

Adam Rowbatham(3rd choice keeper)-Liam Chinn (debut)-Jackson Penhallurick(first start for FT)-Fraser Harris (4th.appearance)(Luke Brabyn 52m)-Ryan Martt (first team 81 apps)-Joel Allen (debut)-Andy Westgarth (P/M)-Jack Webber(C)-Jack Bowyer(Kian Thomas 27m..2nd app as sub)-Matt Buchan(Ben Kellow 85m..2nd app as sub)-Luke Johnson (Cup tied)

Goals Ryan Chinn 36m-Billy Tucker 47m-Scott Beattie (H) 80m----------Are Liam and Ryan Chinn brothers?    Helston's biggest ever win at Bickland Park v Falmouth---Did I hear NO bookings for either side

This was the 50th League match at first team level between the clubs

1950-51 Cornish Senior League  H.5--1     A.1--1

1953-72 South Western League  38 gamea played

1983-84 Cornwall Combination League  H.6--0     A.0--0

2015-16 South West Peninsula League (Premier)  8 games played

Strange that Saltash also lost 3-0 mind you against title chasing Tavistock

Good game at Sticker, St Austell by far the better side but credit to Sticker who gave 100% right until the end, some good performances from their side.

Interesting times for St Austell, no manager in place for next season and heard that Brokenshire, Eddy, Goldsworthy and Slateford have all agreed to sign for Helston for next season! It was only from the old boys but that would be worrying times.

3 minutes ago, Shaun Harrogate said:

Good game at Sticker, St Austell by far the better side but credit to Sticker who gave 100% right until the end, some good performances from their side.

Interesting times for St Austell, no manager in place for next season and heard that Brokenshire, Eddy, Goldsworthy and Slateford have all agreed to sign for Helston for next season! It was only from the old boys but that would be worrying times.

Wow!! If true then Helston may be an even greater threat next year.

I wouldn't imagine  those lot plus the Bideford boys would come cbeap. 

Anyway, as long as they can afford it then best of luck to them. Hopefully Westy can keep his best players at Town and bring a few more LOCAL players in and Town will challenge as we!l.

45 minutes ago, Shaun Harrogate said:

That’s about £500 in wages every week saved then !! Goldsworthy already finished I think !! Not been seen for a while

2 hours ago, Shaun Harrogate said:

Fake news on the forum, who'd have thought it, brokes won't be leaving neither will slates, edds will stay but golds if probably off, too much traveling

5 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

The sub was current Bideford  (Attacking midfielder)  Billy Tucker -born in Dagenham and has played 34 games and scored 12 goals for tthe Southern League club this season.

Ray-Thats because Ryan & Scott Beattie along with ex captain and ex Truro Favourite Mattie Bye have signed for Helston this season.LOL

Heard a lot of money changed hands in the carpark afterwards.

Strange place for Helston to flash the cash!

6 hours ago, The Town Man said:

UP THE TOWN!

Falmouth not able to raise first team players again, can’t wait for Monday!

10 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Falmouth not able to raise first team players again, can’t wait for Monday!

Think they probably played their 3rd team yesterday to protect themselves for Monday's showpiece . 

12 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

Went to watch mousehole vs penzance. Very impressed with mousehole. Penzance well........

Did I hear yesterday one of the Penzance joint managers ( don't know his name ) has also taken on another managers job at Perranporth?? Sounds like he should be paying his full attention to Penzance after their run of results, how do you manage 2 teams? 'Diamond' Dave Leonard certainly not having the effect he did whilst he was at Mousehole

14 hours ago, kevin richards said:

You underestimate yourself Bash. !!!  

😁😁

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yeah, I heard about that as well at the time! unbelievable. 

I know Easter is a religious time but when did you become so pious? Remind me which club you are/were involved with? Glass houses come to mind. 

Watched a highly entertaining 1-1 draw St Blazey v St Dennis , good crowd on a very hot day with both clubs giving it their all. Both teams missed chances with a draw being a fair result. St Blazey certainly ending the season on a high and played a lot of good football. With 4 wins 2 draws and just a narrow 1-0 defeat at then leaders Porthleven over the last 7 games  the new management team seem to be turning things around. Will need strengthing over the mid season but the nucleus of a good team has been brought in. Only 2 players lasted the whole season Vooghts and Bass a total turn around in playing staff. As a side thought perhaps St Dennis had there minds focused on their upcoming cup matches.

I don’t understand Helston forking our daft money at this point of the season with nothing to play for? 

Im sure Helston st Austell and a few others will be splashing the cash next season with a view of winning the new restructured league, so difficult for the rest of us porpers 

Went and watched the Devon derby Millbrook v Torpoint . A healthy crowd saw a typical end of season game played on a hard bobbly pitch. Torpoint started the better and took a first half lead from a good header from a corner. The second half saw Torpoint increase their lead With a shot hooked over the goalkeeper.Millbrook had two players sent off but they scored near the end to give Torpoint a few jitters, however right on 90 minutes Torpoint made the game safe with a well worked goal tapped in at the far post.Obviously the main talking point was next season with both clubs unhappy with the situation.

1 hour ago, le boss said:

😁😁

I know Easter is a religious time but when did you become so pious? Remind me which club you are/were involved with? Glass houses come to mind. 

Two occurrences witnessed by many, just a strange place to do the business is all I said! Hardly pious.

You always ride that high horse. Perhaps you should only post during Ascot week(?)

Clubs or individuals choosing to pay is their choice, makes no difference to me boy.

Devastated as a Torpoint player. The way the league has been set up, I’ll have to use the ferry at least 19 times next season and that’s just home games! I can’t imagine what I’d do if we get drawn away at a West club in a cup game! 

What a silly decision by the league to place the 2 most easterly Cornish teams in the East decision. Surely Mousehole and Penzance should take the hit on ours and Millbrook’s behalf. They won’t have to deal with that ruddy ferry!

On 19/04/2019 at 16:12, Shaun Harrogate said:

Think you will find its another club down this way not Helston who will be splashing cash for Goldsworthy and Eddy next season...if the rumours are true!

20 minutes ago, Seagull4ever said:

Indeed...and a tasty boxing day and good Friday derby!!! 😉

If you were referring to Mousehole,  they wouldn't play Helston on Boxing Day and Good Friday.  Unless it was in the Combo with their 'different' holiday games.

2 hours ago, Fanfare said:

If you were referring to Mousehole,  they wouldn't play Helston on Boxing Day and Good Friday.  Unless it was in the Combo with their 'different' holiday games.

You are correct they would not play each other on boxing day or good Friday...guess i wasnt referring to Mousehole then 🤔

Bideford no great shakes, 11th in league and lost four of there last five games, did see Mr Massey in Truro this week wearing a Bideford track suit top which I found a little strange though.🙃

Heard a lot of money changed hands in the carpark afterwards. Strange place for Helston to flash the cash!

interesting times for St Austell, no manager in place for next season and heard that Brokenshire, Eddy, Goldsworthy and Slateford have all agreed to sign for Helston for next season! It was only from the old boys but that would be worrying times.

Think you will find its another club down this way not Helston who will be splashing cash for Goldsworthy and Eddy next season...if the rumours are true!

To add some real news to  the all the above hersay/rumours/gossip.  On his way back from the pub last night, my mate (who is a journalist for the West Briton thus a highly reliable source) says he saw a panther chasing the Easter Bunny across Kellaway Park. 

Unfortunately,  just like all the above, he has absolutely no evidence to back up his claims. I do however believe every word he says.

Happy Easter to all.

7 minutes ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

Bideford no great shakes, 11th in league and lost four of there last five games, did see Mr Massey in Truro this week wearing a Bideford track suit top which I found a little strange though.🙃

Heard a lot of money changed hands in the carpark afterwards. Strange place for Helston to flash the cash!

interesting times for St Austell, no manager in place for next season and heard that Brokenshire, Eddy, Goldsworthy and Slateford have all agreed to sign for Helston for next season! It was only from the old boys but that would be worrying times.

Think you will find its another club down this way not Helston who will be splashing cash for Goldsworthy and Eddy next season...if the rumours are true!

To add some real news to  the all the above hersay/rumours/gossip.  On his way back from the pub last night, my mate (who is a journalist for the West Briton thus a highly reliable source) says he saw a panther chasing the Easter Bunny across Kellaway Park. 

Unfortunately,  just like all the above, he has absolutely no evidence to back up his claims. I do however believe every word he says.

Happy Easter to all.

And someone has just told me there's a lot of smoke in the Helston area.

Must be all the hot air down there, after all one of the blowiest grounds around.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And someone has just told me there's a lot of smoke in the Helston area.

Must be all the hot air down there, after all one of the blowiest grounds around.

Thanks Older, you just won me forty quid.  Over our Sunday afternoon pints, we ran a pool on who would be the first person to respond to message about the Easter Bunny.  I knew you wouldn’t let me down.

Next time I am down Penryn way I will be happy to buy you a pint.

Cheers

Roy

PS Please respond quickly to this also, so I can double up.

21 minutes ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

Thanks Older, you just won me forty quid.  Over our Sunday afternoon pints, we ran a pool on who would be the first person to respond to message about the Easter Bunny.  I knew you wouldn’t let me down.

Next time I am down Penryn way I will be happy to buy you a pint.

Cheers

Roy

PS Please respond quickly to this also, so I can double up.

There's that hot air and smoke again...only its steam coming of the bullsh,te. 🐃

There's that hot air and smoke again...only its steam coming of the bullsh,te. 🐃

Fantastic.  Thanks very much, nobody other than me believed you would do it twice. Another £40 for me and another pint for you.  

Unfortunately, my mates now think we are in cahoots thus, at least for the rest of today,  you are now a non-runner, so feel free to to respond in your own time (FYI the graphic of the bull is genius), just don’t expect a reply.

COYY#

Best regards.

Roy

PS we have moved onto kaluha and pineapple now.

22 minutes ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

There's that hot air and smoke again...only its steam coming of the bullsh,te. 🐃

Fantastic.  Thanks very much, nobody other than me believed you would do it twice. Another £40 for me and another pint for you.  

Unfortunately, my mates now think we are in cahoots thus, at least for the rest of today,  you are now a non-runner, so feel free to to respond in your own time (FYI the graphic of the bull is genius), just don’t expect a reply.

COYY#

Best regards.

Roy

PS we have moved onto kaluha and pineapple now.

Oh my God! Kaluha and soft drinks...its worse than 🐃 now its pussiez 😽

Have one on me...lol

I have been a big fan of the Helston set-up this season in regards to their ambition to drive youth forward.

Wasn't at the game on Friday but disappointed to hear that several Bideford players were pulled in rather than playing the large pool of youthful talent they have and regularly inform people of on social media. 

Speaking to people who are well connected in various clubs, it seems that former players of Helston and some who just chase the ££ are being lined up to pull on the blue shirt next season with youth not at the centre of their ambition and instant success most definitely.

14 hours ago, teflon123 said:

I have been a big fan of the Helston set-up this season in regards to their ambition to drive youth forward.

Wasn't at the game on Friday but disappointed to hear that several Bideford players were pulled in rather than playing the large pool of youthful talent they have and regularly inform people of on social media. 

Speaking to people who are well connected in various clubs, it seems that former players of Helston and some who just chase the ££ are being lined up to pull on the blue shirt next season with youth not at the centre of their ambition and instant success most definitely.

Why pull in the Bideford lads when they knew ( no disrespect intended ) that it wasn't even Falmouth First Team they were going to be playing as all were rested for Senior Cup Final ?

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Why pull in the Bideford lads when they knew ( no disrespect intended ) that it wasn't even Falmouth First Team they were going to be playing as all were rested for Senior Cup Final ?

probably a sign of showing "because they can"