Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results and Latest Table - Saturday 20th April 2019

Results for
Saturday 20th April 2019
Carharrack (Jake Gregory) 1-5 Pendeen Rovers (Silas Sullivan 2, Luke Jenkin, Sean Sweeny, Christian Whitaker)
Att - 20
Perranporth (Luke Wort) 1-0 Perranwell 
Att - 60
Wendron United Reserves (Jack Noy) 1-3 St Ives Town (Max Davies 2, Ross Duncan) 
Att - 26

POS

TEAM

PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PENRYN ATHLETIC 33 22 6 5 119 29 90 76*
2 PERRANPORTH 32 24 3 5 94 36 58 75
3 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 34 23 2 9 116 50 66 71
4 ST IVES TOWN 32 22 5 5 96 30 66 71
5 ST DAY 31 22 4 5 113 47 66 70
6 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 35 20 4 11 96 49 47 64
7 HAYLE 33 16 4 13 76 57 19 54*
8 ILLOGAN RBL 30 16 4 10 78 45 33 52
9 PERRANWELL 30 14 2 14 50 42 8 46*
10 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 32 10 11 11 66 68 -2 45*
11 ST JUST 32 9 9 14 61 75 -14 37*
12 MULLION 33 11 4 18 56 80 -24 37
13 PENDEEN ROVERS 34 11 7 16 66 72 -6 36*
14 LIZARD ARGYLE 32 10 5 17 61 79 -18 35
15 RNAS CULDROSE 27 10 3 13 49 73 -24 33
16 ST AGNES 31 8 6 17 56 90 -34 30
17 REDRUTH UNITED 34 7 3 24 48 117 -69 24
18 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 33 5 3 26 51 150 -99 10*
19 CARHARRACK 32 0 5 27 22 185 -163 -7*

* POINTS ADJUSTED

Took a trip down to Perranporth today. Wish I hadn’t. Perranporth scraped a 1-0 win against an abysmal Perranwell team. Embarrassing antics from the Perran manager on the sidelines using disgusting language and making threats, not want you want to see/hear at a game.

Carharrack 1, Pendeen 5

Oh, well! Nice to see so many supporters from Pendeen: plenty of pleasant banter: how often do we extoll the virtues of lower-league football compared to the unpleasant tribalism of the professional game? My attention was particularly taken by a really beautiful young husky belonging to one of the Pendeen contingent. A young dog with one blue eye, one hazelly-green. Lovely soft coat, like a cat's, and affectionate enough to want to sit on his owner's lap - just the thing for a hot day!

Oh, the football. Goals were 0 - 1 (14), 1 - 1 (18, header off a corner), 1 - 2 (42, soft goal), 1 - 3 (55), penalty saved by Carharrack 'keeper (61), Carharrack central defender sent off, 2nd yellow for a rather blatant body-check off the top of the box (68), 1 - 4 (69, direct free kick), 1 - 5 (86).

Lots of faces I didn't recognise in the Carharrack side. Very scrappy game but at least the trip back to Pendeen would have been light-hearted!

Sausage bap and tea again, £1.50). Combo Cup Final beckons tomorrow: see you there.

4 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Took a trip down to Perranporth today. Wish I hadn’t. Perranporth scraped a 1-0 win against an abysmal Perranwell team. Embarrassing antics from the Perran manager on the sidelines using disgusting language and making threats, not want you want to see/hear at a game.

Which Perran?

15 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Shame you wasted an afternoon and made worse by not getting the result you wanted 😢😢

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Carharrack 1, Pendeen 5

Oh, well! Nice to see so many supporters from Pendeen: plenty of pleasant banter: how often do we extoll the virtues of lower-league football compared to the unpleasant tribalism of the professional game? My attention was particularly taken by a really beautiful young husky belonging to one of the Pendeen contingent. A young dog with one blue eye, one hazelly-green. Lovely soft coat, like a cat's, and affectionate enough to want to sit on his owner's lap - just the thing for a hot day!

Oh, the football. Goals were 0 - 1 (14), 1 - 1 (18, header off a corner), 1 - 2 (42, soft goal), 1 - 3 (55), penalty saved by Carharrack 'keeper (61), Carharrack central defender sent off, 2nd yellow for a rather blatant body-check off the top of the box (68), 1 - 4 (69, direct free kick), 1 - 5 (86).

Lots of faces I didn't recognise in the Carharrack side. Very scrappy game but at least the trip back to Pendeen would have been light-hearted!

Sausage bap and tea again, £1.50). Combo Cup Final beckons tomorrow: see you there.

No sending off today. The player (Liam Patterson) had to leave to look after his kids. His brother had earlier received a yellow so I can see why you thought that. 

9 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Hmm! Barry played in goal for the 1st half against Aggie on Tuesday, then Brian came on for the 2nd half whilst Barry stayed on at centre forward. Their usual No 9 is banned for the final, isn't he, so maybe Barry will play up front.

You have to have featured in no less than 6 games to qualify to be in either the semi final or final ( except goalkeepers ) 🤔

15 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Hmm! Barry played in goal for the 1st half against Aggie on Tuesday, then Brian came on for the 2nd half whilst Barry stayed on at centre forward. Their usual No 9 is banned for the final, isn't he, so maybe Barry will play up front.

I personally don’t think it matters if Barry played all game in goal, it’s the principle of dropping their own keeper for a ringer. Illogan are obviously very nervous about tomorrow’s game. 😳

5 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

I personally don’t think it matters if Barry played all game in goal, it’s the principle of dropping their own keeper for a ringer. Illogan are obviously very nervous about tomorrow’s game. 😳

If Illogan do drop Bryan for Barrie that will probably make St Day more determined..

Illogan aren't doing themselves any favours bringing Barry in and also Dave Mitchell who when to play for Penzance if the rumours are true. Neither want's to play for illogan but happy to play a final at the cost of a second team player who would have dreamed to be part of a final. Not the way a club should act. Win at all cost and shit on loyalty, feel for Bryan

16 hours ago, Paul C said:

The Perranwell manager was constantly on the refs back throughout the game, and we wonder why there's a shortage. Perhaps he could take it up as he seems to know everything. ;)

On 20/04/2019 at 22:56, willy7 said:

Illogan aren't doing themselves any favours bringing Barry in and also Dave Mitchell who when to play for Penzance if the rumours are true. Neither want's to play for illogan but happy to play a final at the cost of a second team player who would have dreamed to be part of a final. Not the way a club should act. Win at all cost and shit on loyalty, feel for Bryan

Willy, as a St Day man, what are your thoughts on your club using paid ringers throughout the season? 

On 21/04/2019 at 11:05, Perran said:

The Perranwell manager was constantly on the refs back throughout the game, and we wonder why there's a shortage. Perhaps he could take it up as he seems to know everything. ;)

Must say you are spot on. All he ever does from the bench is shout and heckle the ref! No need for it! 

49 minutes ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

😂😂 That’s why I asked for your opinion! The likes of the boy Johnson from Falmouth, young marksy before his injury. And of course Tyler before he signed permanently 

Boring, if you was a st.day supporter then you wouldn't be asking stupid questions like that on social media. Why don't you ask me when we are at every home game.🙄

4 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Boring, if you was a st.day supporter then you wouldn't be asking stupid questions like that on social media. Why don't you ask me when we are at every home game.🙄

I doubt he is a St Day fan Willy! But he still makes a valid point. St Day love to bring in a few higher league players when they get the opportunity, Tyler Oliver last season started in the finals when he was a Helston player & you had 3 Swl players in when we drew 5-5. Or is it only bad when it happens against St Day? 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, yeww said:

Must say you are spot on. All he ever does from the bench is shout and heckle the ref! No need for it! 

Ooh I could crush a grape 😂

2 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Don't know, I wasn't there bit I'm guessing you was in your black and yellow scarf.😴

In Brendan we don't Trust so cheer's.

Is he a Leicester fan ?

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Ooh I could crush a grape 😂

Is he a Leicester fan ?

I am actually a Celtic fan - maybe I should change my username now. 

10 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Don't know, I wasn't there bit I'm guessing you was in your black and yellow scarf.😴

In Brendan we don't Trust so cheer's.

And yes he played Willy - so the saying glass houses comes to mind. 

And they also say football fans have short memories

Darren people has said player's get paid at st.day for years, it's nothing new to me. It gets boring after a while. 

9 minutes ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

I am actually a Celtic fan - maybe I should change my username now. 

And yes he played Willy - so the saying glass houses comes to mind. 

And they also say football fans have short memories

Brenda we can talk about it at the Dinner and Dance if your going this year.😉

13 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Darren people has said player's get paid at st.day for years, it's nothing new to me. It gets boring after a while. 

Brenda we can talk about it at the Dinner and Dance if your going this year.😉

Players have received expenses though!!!

He’s asked you for your opinion on it

14 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Brenda you follow the club so you would know more than me, I'm just a youth coach. If you was a St.Day supporter you wouldn't even have to ask the question because you would know the answer so why don't stop pretending to be something your not.

😂😂😂😂 I’m definitely not a st day supporter I’ll tell you that for free. Watch a different team most weeks. I’m a follower of the league in general. 

And I prefer Brendan, not Brenda. Thanks willy 

3 hours ago, yeww said:

Must be true then - players recruited from across the river Styx, shirts woven in Hades, managed by Beelzebub himself, chaired by Lucifer whose cloven hoofs run along the line , hell and damnation dressed in blue and black - ffs give it a rest, we're just a village team, no worse, no better than any other that shouts when it feels it's hard done by, and plenty do, but you wouldn't think so from the comments on here. 

2 minutes ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

😂😂😂😂 I’m definitely not a st day supporter I’ll tell you that for free. Watch a different team most weeks. I’m a follower of the league in general. 

And I prefer Brendan, not Brenda. Thanks willy 

Why say your club is St.Day then Brenda. Just another shit stirrer.😂

On 22/04/2019 at 20:50, willy7 said:

Brenda you follow the club so you would know more than me, I'm just a youth coach. If you was a St.Day supporter you wouldn't even have to ask the question because you would know the answer so why don't stop pretending to be something your not.

Didn't you make a fake account last season on here?