Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Tuesday 16th April 2019

Results for 
Tuesday 16th April 2019 
Falmouth Town Reserves (Ben Kellow 2, Brodie Kemp 2) 4-1 Mullion (Ross Atkinson) 
Att - 30
Illogan RBL (Jon Ayres, Anton Oliver, OG) 3-0 St Agnes 
Att - 40
Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve, Bradley Leivers, OG) 3-0 Perranwell 
Att - 65
Porthleven Reserves 0-2 St Ives Town (Max Davies, Andy Barry) 
Att - 38
Redruth United (Dan Holrler) 1-4 Helston Athletic Reserves (???) 
Att - 25
Wendron United Reserves (Jack Noy 2, Joe Chapman) 3-0 Carharrack 
Att - 11

Illogan 3 St Agnes 0

Aggie deserved to score though Illogan had the lion's share of the chances. I'd forgotten games could be goalless at half-time!

Goals came on 76 (player no 14), 78 (?) and 85 (Wyatt). Wyatt was in goal 1st half, then played up front with Scoffing in goal 2nd half.

About 65 watching. Nice cuppas before and at half time. Couldn't face the awful road down to Wendron, just in case....

Wendron 3-0 Carharrack. Carharrack battled hard & were in the game for large spells. 3 very sloppy goals to concede but a few easy misses & great saves from Craig Allen kept the score under 5. Carharrack unlucky not to nick a goal at the end with a few chances. Wendron deserved winners. 

8 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Illogan 3 St Agnes 0

Aggie deserved to score though Illogan had the lion's share of the chances. I'd forgotten games could be goalless at half-time!

Goals came on 76 (player no 14), 78 (?) and 85 (Wyatt). Wyatt was in goal 1st half, then played up front with Scoffing in goal 2nd half.

About 65 watching. Nice cuppas before and at half time. Couldn't face the awful road down to Wendron, just in case....

The drive to Wendron isn’t that bad, Lovely club, decent set up and cracking pitch, or was it the thought of Carharrack losing again within 7 days that put you off? 🧐

Thanks, Roy. Wow! Well done the Reds (who play in white - something to do with shrunken shirts!).

And, 95, that road at night isn't good for someone with my ancient eyesight! It wasn't the thought of Carharrack losing again, it was the thought of Carharrack losing by a hatful again!

Penryn 3 Perranwell 0 - much closer than the score suggests, but yet again the Well couldn't take their chances. Hit the post twice, Rappo had a great overhead kick well saved by the keeper, but take nothing away from Penryn they're a good side and worthy of their place at the top of the pile. Competitive match, particularly the second half, with both sides giving it all until the Well conceded a third with a minute to go. Usual relaxed display from Mr Reeks in the black shirt, who let the game flow with the odd "robust "challenges going unpunished both ways. An evening of competitive Combo football at its best, but the number of games is starting to take its toll with the injury list.

18 minutes ago, Andys said:

Penryn 3 Perranwell 0 - much closer than the score suggests, but yet again the Well couldn't take their chances. Hit the post twice, Rappo had a great overhead kick well saved by the keeper, but take nothing away from Penryn they're a good side and worthy of their place at the top of the pile. Competitive match, particularly the second half, with both sides giving it all until the Well conceded a third with a minute to go. Usual relaxed display from Mr Reeks in the black shirt, who let the game flow with the odd "robust "challenges going unpunished both ways. An evening of competitive Combo football at its best, but the number of games is starting to take its toll with the injury list.

The second half comment I agree with. The first half was like a training game for Penryn, If the combo did possession stats id expect the ryn to have had around 85%.  I’d like to have seen the well have more of a go tonight - especially with rappo jnr up front, however he was isolated all game with not one well player within 20 yards. They ‘parked the bus’ for the first hour despite being 2-0 down. 

Albeit, good evening of football under the Kernick lights. Like the old days I must say! Best of luck to both teams for their remaining games. 

57 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Thanks, Roy. Wow! Well done the Reds (who play in white - something to do with shrunken shirts!).

And, 95, that road at night isn't good for someone with my ancient eyesight! It wasn't the thought of Carharrack losing again, it was the thought of Carharrack losing by a hatful again!

Well if Roy was there then Threemilestone player's are helping them out now.

Porthleven 0- St Ives 2. Three outstanding saves from Saints keeper Scott Halliday in the second half with the score line goal less, meant that 2 goals in the last 10 minutes were enough to give them all 3 points.

Well done to Porthleven who belied their league position with a whole hearted performance.

Well done to everyone in a yellow shirt tonight & also to Dan Tarant who played his 1st game of the season as stand in goalkeeper.

Falmouth 4-1 Mullion. Deserved winners on the night with a very strong Falmouth side out on display. Falmouth must have got wind of Mullions 'clinical finishing' of late with a few names brought in, the first team Captain Joe Cooper being one of them. Falmouth had large parts of the ball for most of the game but Mullion kept battling on throughout and got a deserved consolation goal for their efforts. If Falmouth had that side out every week they would still be pushing for the title. Ref made a few interesting calls and seemed a bit more relaxed towards the Falmouth team. A blatant kick out on a Mullion player that went unpunished and a few more cases like this. He didn't help himself by marching over to the Mullion dugout and repeatedly telling them to shut up right in their faces and pointing. Bit embarrassing really. Enjoyed his 90 minute power trip. Be interested in people's thoughts if they feel the so called bigger sides get away with more than the lower sides in The league? 

Thought I’d take in what looked like a close game on paper down at kernick, I was wrong. It looked like Perranwell came with a game plan to “Park the bus” and just hoof it forward to the very isolated striker, this tactic was still being used at 2-0 down. One thing I did notice was the quite frankly vile language from the old chap running the line for Perranwell aimed towards the Penryn dugout, it’s just not needed. 

2 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Thought I’d take in what looked like a close game on paper down at kernick, I was wrong. It looked like Perranwell came with a game plan to “Park the bus” and just hoof it forward to the very isolated striker, this tactic was still being used at 2-0 down. One thing I did notice was the quite frankly vile language from the old chap running the line for Perranwell aimed towards the Penryn dugout, it’s just not needed. 

Considering Perranwell are the ones always banging on about swearing down at their ‘public park’ pitch in front of children. This seems a bit hypocritical. 

12 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

Porthleven 0- St Ives 2. Three outstanding saves from Saints keeper Scott Halliday in the second half with the score line goal less, meant that 2 goals in the last 10 minutes were enough to give them all 3 points.

Well done to Porthleven who belied their league position with a whole hearted performance.

Well done to everyone in a yellow shirt tonight & also to Dan Tarant who played his 1st game of the season as stand in goalkeeper.

Goalie was Tom Pilbeam I’ve never seen 2 better saves at this standard and your stand in keeper was superb, great place to play football, thanks for the hospitality after the game. 

1 minute ago, Mr Justice said:

Considering Perranwell are the ones always banging on about swearing down at their ‘public park’ pitch in front of children. This seems a bit hypocritical. 

Hallelujah someone finally seeing Perranwell for what they are, don’t know what’s happened to them recently, they have gone from giving everyone a good game to lying down and playing dead. 

3 minutes ago, Paul C said:

You mean when I swore once having been abused for flagging a Penryn player who was at least two yards offside, thought you'd be well used to that kind of language if you stand next to the Penryn dugout. Talk about double standards!

45 minutes ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

The second half comment I agree with. The first half was like a training game for Penryn, If the combo did possession stats id expect the ryn to have had around 85%.  I’d like to have seen the well have more of a go tonight - especially with rappo jnr up front, however he was isolated all game with not one well player within 20 yards. They ‘parked the bus’ for the first hour despite being 2-0 down. 

Albeit, good evening of football under the Kernick lights. Like the old days I must say! Best of luck to both teams for their remaining games. 

The lights were not turned on 😂😂

8 minutes ago, Dagerags said:

Goalie was Tom Pilbeam I’ve never seen 2 better saves at this standard and your stand in keeper was superb, great place to play football, thanks for the hospitality after the game. 

Hallelujah someone finally seeing Perranwell for what they are, don’t know what’s happened to them recently, they have gone from giving everyone a good game to lying down and playing dead. 

Lying down in front of the goal*

20 minutes ago, Paul C said:

I believe he is a good lino every time I've seen him, and pretty honest. So if he has sworn at the Penryn bench it would of been a reaction to comments from them.

8 minutes ago, willy7 said:

I believe he is a good lino every time I've seen him, and pretty honest. So if he has sworn at the Penryn bench it would of been a reaction to comments from them.

In the final on Sunday a player was sent off for swearing at his own teammate. Shouldn't really have a lino/chairman swearing at the bench. He should be the 1 setting an example. Also puts the ref is an awkward situation if he heard it.

5 minutes ago, Roy D said:

In the final on Sunday a player was sent off for swearing at his own teammate. Shouldn't really have a lino/chairman swearing at the bench. He should be the 1 setting an example. Also puts the ref is an awkward situation if he heard it.

But it's ok for the lino to be called a cheating c...t and not be expected to react to it is it Roy?

41 minutes ago, Andys said:

But it's ok for the lino to be called a cheating c...t and not be expected to react to it is it Roy?

Just give it up Andy mate. Result didn't go your way tonight. Hey ho but no one would call you a c u next Tuesday (work it out). But it still isn't OK to swear back. If ref heard it then you haven't really got a leg to stand on pal best luck rest of the season thanks for coming in after the game 

1 hour ago, Uni said:

Falmouth 4-1 Mullion. Deserved winners on the night with a very strong Falmouth side out on display. Falmouth must have got wind of Mullions 'clinical finishing' of late with a few names brought in, the first team Captain Joe Cooper being one of them. Falmouth had large parts of the ball for most of the game but Mullion kept battling on throughout and got a deserved consolation goal for their efforts. If Falmouth had that side out every week they would still be pushing for the title. Ref made a few interesting calls and seemed a bit more relaxed towards the Falmouth team. A blatant kick out on a Mullion player that went unpunished and a few more cases like this. He didn't help himself by marching over to the Mullion dugout and repeatedly telling them to shut up right in their faces and pointing. Bit embarrassing really. Enjoyed his 90 minute power trip. Be interested in people's thoughts if they feel the so called bigger sides get away with more than the lower sides in The league? 

Bit embarrassing from Falmouth with nothing to play for unless the first team players used are coming back from injury then I stand corrected.

7 hours ago, Uni said:

Joe Cooper was the only 1st teamer who played last night as he was coming back from injury who needed the minutes in time for Easter Monday as he is away at a family wedding at the weekend so not sure where a few came from. Falmouth had there centre half in goal as Harry was unavailable. As for the ref it was Ian Roberts who probably had enough of the bad language and animosity from your bench and told them to shut up. I take it Uni you was the lad who got booked for continually kicking Falmouth players as you were chasing shadows all night😀

7 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Just give it up Andy mate. Result didn't go your way tonight. Hey ho but no one would call you a c u next Tuesday (work it out). But it still isn't OK to swear back. If ref heard it then you haven't really got a leg to stand on pal best luck rest of the season thanks for coming in after the game 

This is the club whose manager can stand in his tech area and repeatedly scream the F word at his players, and you have the gall to moan about me reacting to being abused when I'm running the line. Time to remove the logs from your eyes before you talk about the splinters in mine. You're right, I didn't come in after the game, no offence intended, just more commitments than football mid-week.

2 hours ago, St Darren said:

Blimey. You had Reeksy refereeing!! You should know that you are able to get away with saying anything when Reeksy is in charge. 

Personally I love Tim Reeks' style of refereeing. Ok some decisions tend to rub people up the wrong way but he is so relaxed and seemingly unflappable in the games I've seen. 

42 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

Personally I love Tim Reeks' style of refereeing. Ok some decisions tend to rub people up the wrong way but he is so relaxed and seemingly unflappable in the games I've seen. 

That’s nail on the head. If he doesn’t see something he’ll say he hasn’t seen it and you’ve got no answer then. 

He also doesn’t moan about dissent because he lets it happen. 

13 hours ago, Paul C said:

A close game on paper? The Penryn lineup posted on twitter showed a few ex / current SWPL players? 

14 hours ago, Andys said:

"but take nothing away from Penryn they're a good side and worthy of their place at the top of the pile"

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

Perranwell don’t take losing very well. What ever happened to congratulating your opponents ?

Dave, you obviously missed what I said in my match report about Penryn, no issues about losing last night at all, they took their chances and we couldn't do the same, we obviously couldn't get the bus to quite fit in the parking space, end of.

10 hours ago, big no 5 said:

Joe Cooper was the only 1st teamer who played last night as he was coming back from injury who needed the minutes in time for Easter Monday as he is away at a family wedding at the weekend so not sure where a few came from. Falmouth had there centre half in goal as Harry was unavailable. As for the ref it was Ian Roberts who probably had enough of the bad language and animosity from your bench and told them to shut up. I take it Uni you was the lad who got booked for continually kicking Falmouth players as you were chasing shadows all night😀

Fair enough, got a lovely ping on him. So Scott Kellow a regular too? Like I said, if you have had that side all season I’m surprised you’re not challenging for the league. Was an enjoyable evening regardless, all the best with next season if you go up.