Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Concord Rangers take two!

49 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

The match has been rescheduled for Tuesday (16 April) and only a fiver to get in

Truro City v Concord Rangers

Cheaper than Falmouth, parking, and a higher standard of football!

i will go to this one, presumably 7.30 ok?

The better team won however I have to say they are largely a bunch of arrogant thugs with absolutely no class about them.  I will be delighted to see them remain in this division.  There confrontational celebrations at the end could have caused a serious disturbance and the FA should have a serious look at them.

7 hours ago, superdario said:

The better team won however I have to say they are largely a bunch of arrogant thugs with absolutely no class about them.  I will be delighted to see them remain in this division.  There confrontational celebrations at the end could have caused a serious disturbance and the FA should have a serious look at them.

Think the FA could look at a few things regarding the two fixture's ... 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Concord by far the better side on both occasions but the way they carry on must surely bring the game into disrepute! 

Interesting to see if other clubs have said this Dave (this is their reaction to winning after every game) or whether their has been some instigation from Truro somewhere ( like having to return to play again!) hence their party mood at full time ... ? 

Like you said better side won on both occasions .... 

10 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Interesting to see if other clubs have said this Dave (this is their reaction to winning after every game) or whether their has been some instigation from Truro somewhere ( like having to return to play again!) hence their party mood at full time ... ? 

Like you said better side won on both occasions .... 

I'm quite sure it's just for the games with Truro City as there is a bit of history over the last couple of seasons, but some of the things written by their chairman and at least one player are not clever.

Call me a snowflake or whatever, but this banter stuff is getting out of hand and unnecessary. Especially not clever to be degrading the league itself! 

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'm quite sure it's just for the games with Truro City as there is a bit of history over the last couple of seasons, but some of the things written by their chairman and at least one player are not clever.

Call me a snowflake or whatever, but this banter stuff is getting out of hand and unnecessary. Especially not clever to be degrading the league itself! 

What was said? Have they overstepped the mark?> 

5 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Got off lightly methinks Leeds shudder to think what would have happened if they had lost the game probably have pinched the toilet seats as well as the bog rolls. That would have been very appropriate though as they were a load of shites. 

Lose gracefully please Raymond ... 🤗

Karma is a b-itch boys!

Concord Rangers have been thrown out of the National League South play-offs after failing to meet ground grading requirements.

Barring a drastic swing in goal difference, Sammy Moore’s side had confirmed their place in the top seven with one game remaining.

However, the Beachboys are not eligible to participate in the end-of-season showdown after failing to provide 500 covered seats meaning only FIVE teams will be involved in the play-offs.

The team finishing in 4th place will now advance straight to the semi-finals and won’t have to play an eliminator match.

1 hour ago, Fanfare said:

Karma is a b-itch boys!

Concord Rangers have been thrown out of the National League South play-offs after failing to meet ground grading requirements.

Barring a drastic swing in goal difference, Sammy Moore’s side had confirmed their place in the top seven with one game remaining.

However, the Beachboys are not eligible to participate in the end-of-season showdown after failing to provide 500 covered seats meaning only FIVE teams will be involved in the play-offs.

The team finishing in 4th place will now advance straight to the semi-finals and won’t have to play an eliminator match.

That's a bleddy big OUCH!

Seems Concord were advised by the league 2 years ago to add the extra seating but did not comply. The league also stipulates that no team outside of the top seven can participate on the play offs. I don't think they will receive a lot of sympathy from Truro City.

We haven't tried this one at Truro City - YET

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lights-go-out-cheltenham-saracens-2795637?fbclid=IwAR0PQlrbSS8VGaZ3XpeIwcEAYLt4PG6nV6P84-BsL_swbclLg2yqidlz0-Q

The game was held up for around five minutes late on when Kidlington's Julius Muraga was sent off and, after entering the changing rooms, inadvertently turned off the DN Fire Stadium floodlights, thinking he was turning on the showers.