Cornwall Football Forum

DRAFT list of the constitutions for next season at Step 6

Here’s the DRAFT list of the constitutions for next season at Step 6 – This is a DRAFT and is not likely to be confirmed by the FA until Mid-May : Note that the Devon League and the St Piran Leagues may well issue similar draft lists in the next few weeks.

DRAFT CONSTITUTIONS OF CARLSBERG SWP LEAGUE STEP 6 : 2019/20

PREMIER EAST

AXMINSTER TOWN

BOVEY TRACEY

BRIXHAM    Dispensation

CREDITON UNITED

CULLOMPTON RANGERS

DARTMOUTH

ELBURTON VILLA

ELMORE

HOLSWORTHY

HONITON TOWN   Dispensation

ILFRACOMBE TOWN

IVYBRIDGE TOWN

MILLBROOK

NEWTON ABBOT SPURS

PLYMOUTH MARJON

SIDMOUTH TOWN

STOKE GABRIEL   Dispensation

TORPOINT ATHLETIC

TORRIDGESIDE   Subject to Special Dispensation ***

TORRINGTON

PREMIER WEST

BODMIN TOWN

CALLINGTON TOWN

CAMELFORD

DOBWALLS    Dispensation

FALMOUTH TOWN

GODOLPHIN ATLANTIC

HELSTON ATHLETIC

LAUNCESTON

LISKEARD ATHLETIC

MOUSEHOLE   Dispensation

NEWQUAY

PENZANCE

PORTHLEVEN

SALTASH UNITED

ST AUSTELL

ST BLAZEY

ST DENNIS    Dispensation

STICKER

WADEBRIDGE TOWN

WENDRON UNITED  Dispensation 

***: Torridgeside have applied for, but not Recd full planning permission, they are subject to TWO separate rules: 1) If 1 of the 2 Clubs expected to be promoted to Step 5 are not, for any reason, then its Torridgeside who will miss out. 2) If accepted they will be subject to relegation at the end of season ONE if full planning has not been granted by March 31st 2020.

“Dispensation”: These clubs have planning permission for lights and have until March 31st 2021 to install lights or will be due relegation at the end of season TWO. Some floodlit clubs moving up to Step 6 have other work that will need to be completed by March 31st 2021, some of these have already had ground grading visits, but the remainder will be visited by September this year to give a full 18 months notice of any extra work required.

52 minutes ago, oliveoil said:

I see you quote Devon league on another post you questioned the use off Devon league as a name also no Exmouth or Tavistock in that list

I’m not sure I quite understand your post, but there’s not a Devon League connected with the SWPL.

Tne Exmouth/Tavistock situations are covered off in the *** note.

4 hours ago, Rightside O`theriver said:

So it was Millbrook and Torpoint  that drew the short straws, as it were, and not Callington and Launceston as has been suggested.

Possibly because they draw on a Plymouth contingent for their squads more so than the latter ?

Let’s hope the 3 ferries will be up and running by then

2 hours ago, hedgerow said:

Let’s hope the 3 ferries will be up and running by then

Had we cut the chains , tore down the bridges and let Cornwall drift off on the tide into the sunset we wouldn`t have had this problem.

As long as they board the ferry with their passports, I`m sure they`ll have no trouble clearing Border Control.

14 minutes ago, Rightside O`theriver said:

Had we cut the chains , tore down the bridges and let Cornwall drift off on the tide into the sunset we wouldn`t have had this problem.

As long as they board the ferry with their passports, I`m sure they`ll have no trouble clearing Border Control.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s hugely problematic for Millbrook to be put in the East division. So much so, it wouldn’t be hyperbole to describe it as potentially catastrophic for the club. The FA have apparently worked it out geographically through looking at grid references. What’s underestimated is the impact the ferry will have on the journeys. A third of the squad live in Plymouth and Saltash so the impact may not be as bad on them. The other two thirds plus the management team however live in Torpoint. 

It is however a DRAFT, so hopefully there will be some changes. As it stands, based on the draft leagues, there are 14 of 18 journeys in the east (not including Millbrook or Torpoint obviously) that would be between a 2 hour and 3 hour round trip. These times calculated by google maps take into account the ferry journey time. However, google maps assumes you get straight onto the ferry and straight off. This will rarely be the case so in fact these estimated travel times are generous and actually some of these journeys could potentially be between 4-5 hour round trips. You’re looking at Western League and beyond types of journeys for Millbrook.

Go around the bridge? You’re adding another 40 miles, extra time plus petrol money. It’s probably a good time to bring up that Millbrook have no budget, they don’t pay their players. Not even petrol money. The work the chairman and others have put in to pay off historical debts has meant it’s impossible to have any sort of budget as any money has gone on debts and ground improvements. They possibly might have something in place next year to maybe pay some kind of petrol fees and this will only be possible because of  the absolute dedication of the chairman. 

Based on the current draft of the west league, Millbrook would only have 8 away fixtures with a round trip of between 2-3 hours. A significant difference. This also isn’t taking into account that this is based on the current 20 teams, it could just be 6/7 trips like this. Manageable and appropriate for this level.

Moreover, Millbrook is a Cornish club and one of the oldest at that. This history has a huge impact on attendances. The away support from the Cornish clubs has been brilliant at Jenkins Park and this has helped Millbrook hugely in keeping the club running. If they were to play in a league where they have more Cornish fixtures like Liskeard then this is going to help the club secure its future. They wouldn’t get much support in way of away teams from the East travelling down and this would have a very negative impact financially and that can’t be taken lightly as most clubs work on a cliff edge financially. Furthermore, it would have an impact on home support. It’s been really difficult reengaging the local community but slowly and surely it’s coming back in part because they want to see Millbrook play Cornish sides because of the historical Cornish connection. Home support would suffer and again the knock on effect of this would set the club back.

The impact on the squad its self? I think one of the reasons why Millbrook is generally appreciated amongst supporters of all clubs is the commitment to local players. Who is to say that this travel would just be too much for some of them? The way the world is you couldn’t blame some of them if they couldn’t commit to the club because of work and family commitments. Even if the club lost just a small handful of players then there’s no budget to go and entice players of their calibre from further afield. The manager has worked so hard to the sacrifice of his own personal life to get the team to where it is. They deserve to be where they are, champions last season and could potentially finish 6th in their debut season outside a top 5 that wouldn’t be out of place further up the pyramid and ahead of teams like Falmouth & Bodmin. This would be outstanding.

Considering the other point of view, it would be great to visit lots of new grounds and actually Millbrook could possibly challenge more in the east. Yet, if it’s not financially viable or means the club is set back with players leaving then those reasons to play in the east don’t mean anything.

I’d welcome constructive feedback on this post so that any pros and cons not considered can be.

I feel sorry for Torpoint and more so Millbrook here. Travelling is excess - worse to Ilfracombe!!

Its such a shame Devon couldn't recruit at least 2 more teams then let these 2 clubs come back to the Cornish league.

At least they will still have their derby.

For us as referees I am looking forward to working as a team of 3 more so but sadly more costly to some clubs!

16 minutes ago, pillatonreferee said:

I feel sorry for Torpoint and more so Millbrook here. Travelling is excess - worse to Ilfracombe!!

Its such a shame Devon couldn't recruit at least 2 more teams then let these 2 clubs come back to the Cornish league.

At least they will still have their derby.

For us as referees I am looking forward to working as a team of 3 more so but sadly more costly to some clubs!

Both of these teams should be in the Cornwall set up. Devon can sort out its own sides!

To be honest was surprised to see Millbrook and Torpoint in the east due to the ferry. I think most people expected Launceston and Callington to be the clubs in the east. Both have easier access to Devon. Think even the league officials were expecting it to be those clubs. If decision was made by local officials with no understanding of local geography, than perhaps should be appealed. However, people need to get past this whole Devon/Cornwall thing. County boundaries no longer count for anything at step 6. In rugby Lancashire clubs have formed their own league outside of the system to avoid extra travel. Cornish clubs could do the same but would have to operate out of pyramid and give up the cups.

Having watched lots of Torpoint this season (along with my other clubs Liskeard, Callington and Saltash) I would have thought that Torpoint will be aiming to win that league next year providing they can keep the squad they have.  Only one or two in the league below would pose a threat currently.  Shame for me because due to travel restrictions etc I will miss the easier and more manageable trips to Callington, Saltash and Liskeard that would have been on the horizon for me.  Still, good luck to both of them.

Floodlights or no floodlights it always seems to be a struggle to get to Torpoint or Millbrook at meeting time (thats management and/or players) and its always due to the wait at the ferry!

I am also supprised its not Launceston and Callington with easy access on A30.

Saltash, Bodmin, Callington, Launceston will all be snapping around the Torpoint and Millbrook players for sure.

The only benefit I can see for both teams is a guaranteed top 6 finish and that’s if all the players stay.

Backwards step but I suppose this hand has been dealt for all those involved at Torpoint and Millbrook.

Hopefully the price of fuel comes down or the the clubs budgets go up!!!

On 14/04/2019 at 07:21, Rightside O`theriver said:

So it was Millbrook and Torpoint  that drew the short straws, as it were, and not Callington and Launceston as has been suggested.

Possibly because they draw on a Plymouth contingent for their squads more so than the latter ?

Most of our current squad and management team are Cornwall based.

As this is a draft document we have not agreed anything so Saltash, Launceston and Callington will still have to play a part in the final decision as we are completely opposed to this decision.

3 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

I think you might find these two clubs may be in favour of the East move and also keeping their local Xmas/Easter derby attraction.

Maybe an easier route for any planned pyrimid promotion

We are definitely opposed to this decision as it’s ridiculous.

Saltash have ambition, budget and Plymouth based players and are geographically closer on a main arterial route, we would have to pass them to play games in the east which the league stated  wouldn’t happen.

we don’t travel as the crow flies and a poor mapping system using longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates isn’t acceptable in this day and age without looking at all other obstacles clubs have including routes, travel and additional cost.

26 minutes ago, teflon123 said:

Saltash, Bodmin, Callington, Launceston will all be snapping around the Torpoint and Millbrook players for sure.

The only benefit I can see for both teams is a guaranteed top 6 finish and that’s if all the players stay.

Backwards step but I suppose this hand has been dealt for all those involved at Torpoint and Millbrook.

Hopefully the price of fuel comes down or the the clubs budgets go up!!!

We are currently in the top 8 and see absolutely no benefit finishing in the top 6 of the East league whilst our expenditure goes through the roof. This is a draft decision that we are not accepting, we have no player budget at Millbrook and are not ready to travel all over Devon because of a poor decision by the league and FA, it could damage our club beyond repair.

17 minutes ago, Millbrook Chairman said:

Most of our current squad and management team are Cornwall based.

As this is a draft document we have not agreed anything so Saltash, Launceston and Callington will still have to play a part in the final decision as we are completely opposed to this decision.

We are definitely opposed to this decision as it’s ridiculous.

Saltash have ambition, budget and Plymouth based players and are geographically closer on a main arterial route, we would have to pass them to play games in the east which the league stated  wouldn’t happen.

we don’t travel as the crow flies and a poor mapping system using longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates isn’t acceptable in this day and age without looking at all other obstacles clubs have including routes, travel and additional cost.

Why is this bunch in Exeter in charge of new Cornish league anyway?

2 minutes ago, Millbrook Chairman said:

We are currently in the top 8 and see absolutely no benefit finishing in the top 6 of the East league whilst our expenditure goes through the roof. This is a draft decision that we are not accepting, we have no player budget at Millbrook and are not ready to travel all over Devon because of a poor decision by the league and FA, it could damage our club beyond repair.

"we are not accepting".  So should you not accept, if by some miracle the FA actually listen to "just another club" (to them) and place Saltash/Liskeard/Launceston/Callington in  the league instead, what then happens if those teams also "not accept" the decision?  As poor as it sounds, you may not have a choice.  It may be the East League or you end up down in St Pirans.

3 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Why is this bunch in Exeter in charge of new Cornish league anyway?

Al it’s a joke, no thought process to the decision, no consultation period with any of us supposedly involved in this huge decision, no mention of Saltash or Launceston as they are apparently west of Millbrook and Torpoint on the map.

this is 2019 not the dark ages really poor and we will not go without a fight. 

We have worked so hard to get to this point and it could be ruined.

4 minutes ago, secretscout said:

"we are not accepting".  So should you not accept, if by some miracle the FA actually listen to "just another club" (to them) and place Saltash/Liskeard/Launceston/Callington in  the league instead, what then happens if those teams also "not accept" the decision?  As poor as it sounds, you may not have a choice.  It may be the East League or you end up down in St Pirans.

We will be appealing the decision on good grounds and we will decide our own destiny, considering we started with nothing and have achieved what we have on our own, we are a small budget less club but we won’t be bullied by the league or FA.

22 minutes ago, Millbrook Chairman said:

Al it’s a joke, no thought process to the decision, no consultation period with any of us supposedly involved in this huge decision, no mention of Saltash or Launceston as they are apparently west of Millbrook and Torpoint on the map.

this is 2019 not the dark ages really poor and we will not go without a fight. 

We have worked so hard to get to this point and it could be ruined.

We will be appealing the decision on good grounds and we will decide our own destiny, considering we started with nothing and have achieved what we have on our own, we are a small budget less club but we won’t be bullied by the league or FA.

Could be St Pirans or nowhere for you then as I believe that the FA won't be too lenient on their decision and appeals have very little chance of success.

2 minutes ago, secretscout said:

Could be St Pirans or nowhere for you then as I believe that the FA won't be too lenient on their decision and appeals have very little chance of success.

We shall see as I am guessing you know very little or nothing  of our appeal and reasoning.

or maybe you are one of our esteemed archaic self serving FA representatives that don’t like to be challenged.

13 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

What ‘Cornish league’ is that BIG AL? 

Oh yeah Al it’s the west division now ! 

So are you saying that Millbrook would rather withdraw before going into the New East League?

I think the problem you have is if Torpoint have actually requested to go into the East as has been suggested above, the Fa have stated you cant drive past a team in another division. You have to drive past Torpoint for almost every away game i'm assuming. So im guessing thats why you have been placed in the East. 

Also they have stated they want to keep derby's - Millbrook / Torpoint  - Saltash / Liskeard - Callington / Launceston all keep their derby in the proposed new leagues.  

I know you say this is a draft proposal and you have not accepted, but is this something that even needs your approval? Plymstock have played in both East and West leagues over the years in the current set up and didnt really have a say in it. 

Unfortunately i cant help feel that the position you are in is either suck it up or withdraw! 

3 minutes ago, Millbrook Chairman said:

We shall see as I am guessing you know very little or nothing  of our appeal and reasoning.

or maybe you are one of our esteemed archaic self serving FA representatives that don’t like to be challenged.

17 minutes ago, Millbrook Chairman said:

Oh yeah Al it’s the west division now ! 

I don't have the feintest idea about your appeal and or reasoning, my comments are based around experiences and constant actions from the FA who very rarely seem to take into account the consequences their actions and decisions have on clubs further down the pyramid.  I do feel for the club, however I don't think the FA will give two hoots whether you accept the decision or not, I can imagine it will be a like it or lump scenario.

I'm all for change, but the right change and change that doesn't impact clubs to the point of extinction.

I’m not sure some people are quite grasping the severity of the situation. It’s not about not just wanting to travel it’s about it being viable. I know my post was long but it did explain that there’s a very real chance we lose players over this and financially capitulate. Anyone who’s ever been involved with running a club can empathise with the pain staking work it’s taken to get Millbrook back to where it is. If you have, then you’ll realise flippant comments about having to just suck it up does nothing but aggravate people who are really worried. 

Keeping one big derby for us just won’t cut it.

It is a draft and there are still several possible outcomes. It does say that if either Exmouth or Tavistock don’t go up then Torridgeside will miss out (if they meet the ground grading in time anyway) - they could have Millbrook’s place and they move to the west. This would mean a west team missing out e.g St Blazey which would be disappointing for them. However, Millbrook earned the right to play in that league.

Is it absolutely vital that both league have 20 teams. Would it make a massive difference to possibly just have 19 in the east league?

I have no idea how Saltash, Callington etc would feel but geographically they are the ones better suited. 

Torpoint are a brilliantly well run and established club who are ,financially, giants compared to us - if they have requested to play east then that just means we have to? Technically we could drive past Saltash to every away game.

Fingers crossed that common sense prevails or indeed it could be extinction for the club. We hope the SWPL back Millbrook in the appeal process after the reasoning that will be presented. 

14 minutes ago, Hetty said:

So are you saying that Millbrook would rather withdraw before going into the New East League?

I think the problem you have is if Torpoint have actually requested to go into the East as has been suggested above, the Fa have stated you cant drive past a team in another division. You have to drive past Torpoint for almost every away game i'm assuming. So im guessing thats why you have been placed in the East. 

Also they have stated they want to keep derby's - Millbrook / Torpoint  - Saltash / Liskeard - Callington / Launceston all keep their derby in the proposed new leagues.  

I know you say this is a draft proposal and you have not accepted, but is this something that even needs your approval? Plymstock have played in both East and West leagues over the years in the current set up and didnt really have a say in it. 

Unfortunately i cant help feel that the position you are in is either suck it up or withdraw! 

We would also have to drive past Saltash to get to games so let me guess that would be ok then !! We don’t need to suck anything up or off and don’t need you to tell us to withdraw as I’m sure some of you down west would enjoy. You enjoy your opinion and we will stick with ours ! 

12 minutes ago, secretscout said:

I don't have the feintest idea about your appeal and or reasoning, my comments are based around experiences and constant actions from the FA who very rarely seem to take into account the consequences their actions and decisions have on clubs further down the pyramid.  I do feel for the club, however I don't think the FA will give two hoots whether you accept the decision or not, I can imagine it will be a like it or lump scenario.

I'm all for change, but the right change and change that doesn't impact clubs to the point of extinction.

Im not against change either the problem is it could kill us as a club that’s my only concern 

17 minutes ago, Webby191 said:

I’m not sure some people are quite grasping the severity of the situation. It’s not about not just wanting to travel it’s about it being viable. I know my post was long but it did explain that there’s a very real chance we lose players over this and financially capitulate. Anyone who’s ever been involved with running a club can empathise with the pain staking work it’s taken to get Millbrook back to where it is. If you have, then you’ll realise flippant comments about having to just suck it up does nothing but aggravate people who are really worried. 

Keeping one big derby for us just won’t cut it.

It is a draft and there are still several possible outcomes. It does say that if either Exmouth or Tavistock don’t go up then Torridgeside will miss out (if they meet the ground grading in time anyway) - they could have Millbrook’s place and they move to the west. This would mean a west team missing out e.g St Blazey which would be disappointing for them. However, Millbrook earned the right to play in that league.

Is it absolutely vital that both league have 20 teams. Would it make a massive difference to possibly just have 19 in the east league?

I have no idea how Saltash, Callington etc would feel but geographically they are the ones better suited. 

Torpoint are a brilliantly well run and established club who are financially giants compared to us - if they have requested to play east then that just means we have to? Technically we could drive past Saltash to every away game.

Fingers crossed that common sense prevails or indeed it could be extinction for the club. We hope the SWPL back Millbrook in the appeal process after the reasoning that will be presented. 

You won’t have a chance of the swelling backing you. Are the infamous Cornwall fa connected with this decision, if so they are saying nothing as usual. I use to journey from Falmouth to watch them play Millbrook and enjoyed every minute. The game was always highly competitive and friendly nature of the club was outstanding.

36 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Archaic is not a strong enough word!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

What ‘Cornish league’ is that BIG AL? 

Not by name but it is on paper!

4 minutes ago, Hetty said:

This is purely a case of sour grapes. Torpoint have accepted the decision. If Millbrook Judge it not to be financially viable, then drop out and just play in the step 7 league.  

Not at all, it is us not just accepting something that would affect our club !

you obviously know nothing about running a grassroots club , maintaining finances stability and everything else attached to it and you certainly know nothing about our club, I don’t care what Torpoint do they run themselves and they have no effect on us so wind your neck in !! 

4 minutes ago, Millbrook Chairman said:

you obviously know nothing about running a grassroots club , maintaining finances stability and everything else attached to it and you certainly know nothing about our club, I don’t care what Torpoint do they run themselves and they have no effect on us so wind your neck in !! 

Well spoken

Saltash are a big club that have not won a league title for a long time. Would it not be in their interests to play in the east league? The club used to be the biggest non league club in area but have been overtaken by Parkway and Tavi. Playing in the east would make them favourites for promotion. Shouldn’t a club that size have that as an aim? Every sympathy for Millbrook, a small club punching above its weight. Saltash should take their place in the east and use it as a pathway to go up!

I’m not hitting on millbrook as a club specifically.  I’m saying that whoever gets put in the east should just get on with it.

If they consider that they can’t afford to compete in that league then reassess the options.  

As it happens if this was just a pure football decision. Having Saltash over millbrook in the west league makes it a more competitive, attractive league anyway.  

3 minutes ago, Hetty said:

I’m not hitting on millbrook as a club specifically.  I’m saying that whoever gets put in the east should just get on with it.

If they consider that they can’t afford to compete in that league then reassess the options.  

As it happens if this was just a pure football decision. Having Saltash over millbrook in the west league makes it a more competitive, attractive league anyway.  

Haha you should take up comedy 

To be honest Rob, if Saltash don’t want to then they shouldn’t have to. Although, what you have said does make sense but if they don’t I’m sure they have strong reasons just as Millbrook do. For me the fairest outcome is that a current SWPL Div 1 team doesn’t get promoted and instead they go and win the St Piran league. Millbrook had to battle to win a league, an extremely difficult task so they deserve to be there on merit. That could mean a club like St Blazey or Dobwalls don’t get promotion yet but can there be much of an argument from them as promotion this way is by default. Either way, it’s not great for anyone thanks to an ill informed drafting of the new leagues.

Each to their own Hetty, but the Chairman’s response immediately makes the club’s position clear after speculation on here and twitter. From my post I was hoping someone might come up with something I hadn’t considered before to help us. Plus, if our position generates any support than that’s good for us. You never know whom might be reading. Following this for about five years I knew there’d be a few groups of differing opinions: those in support, those indifferent, those who couldn’t care less and those purposely combatant. This is a really serious situation for us and Millbrook’s view is now very clear. 

2 hours ago, Millbrook Chairman said:

4 hours ago, Millbrook Chairman said:

Well said Sir! Well said!! 

Look after the side's who have made the new league on merit & ability...instead it seems to me league officers are trying to accommodate some sides in Division One West like St.Blazey, Penzance,  with a place who on this season's showing should be nowhere near the top league at the expense of Millbrook, Torpoint etc. If these team decide to play in the Cornwall league then so they should. Look after the teams who have got their on merit, not the clubs with history but have lacked the a ability this season. 

1 hour ago, Webby191 said:

Each to their own Hetty, but the Chairman’s response immediately makes the club’s position clear after speculation on here and twitter. From my post I was hoping someone might come up with something I hadn’t considered before to help us. Plus, if our position generates any support than that’s good for us. You never know whom might be reading. Following this for about five years I knew there’d be a few groups of differing opinions: those in support, those indifferent, those who couldn’t care less and those purposely combatant. This is a really serious situation for us and Millbrook’s view is now very clear. 

Webby191 - I am sure that one of the factors for deciding was that no club would ‘pass’ another club in the West League to get to a game - you clearly have to pass Torpoint and Saltash when travelling by road. Your appeal to the FA must surely be that they cannot consider the ferry as a viable ‘main’ route for travel - unreliability / frequency /waiting time / poor weather etc. The same holds true for Torpoint - whilst we don’t know what their stance is about playing in the East, but would say if they don’t Appeal it’s scuppers your Appeal. 

Assuming you Appeal and it is upheld the obvious two teams from the West would surely be Saltash and Callington - by the criteria given??

There are lots who support you and what you have achieved in the county - as was clear when a lot of us puts ours hands in pockets to help the club meet bills a couple of years ago. 

Good luck from me. 

For all their recent cup success, Saltash have not won a league title in 30 years. For a club of that size, it’s embarassing. Playing in swpl east would give them a chance of ending that run! Travel would be no issue for a club right on a38. 

Would be interested to hear Torpoint’s view on this. Is playing swpl east what they want?

1 minute ago, Rob1978 said:

For all their recent cup success, Saltash have not won a league title in 30 years. For a club of that size, it’s embarassing. Playing in swpl east would give them a chance of ending that run! Travel would be no issue for a club right on a38. 

Exactly although just for the record they will have the senior cup in weeks time!

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Webby191 - I am sure that one of the factors for deciding was that no club would ‘pass’ another club in the West League to get to a game - you clearly have to pass Torpoint and Saltash when travelling by road. Your appeal to the FA must surely be that they cannot consider the ferry as a viable ‘main’ route for travel - unreliability / frequency /waiting time / poor weather etc. The same holds true for Torpoint - whilst we don’t know what their stance is about playing in the East, but would say if they don’t Appeal it’s scuppers your Appeal. 

Assuming you Appeal and it is upheld the obvious two teams from the West would surely be Saltash and Callington - by the criteria given??

There are lots who support you and what you have achieved in the county - as was clear when a lot of us puts ours hands in pockets to help the club meet bills a couple of years ago. 

Good luck from me. 

Cheers Bobjfh.

I don’t quite get the ‘can’t pass another team’ criteria - who cares really if clubs are happy where they are? To be really geographically precise if we were in the west we wouldn’t have to go past Torpoint - there isn’t a road that does that. We would be going in the totally opposite direction. 

Torpoint are in a totally different position to us financially. They also have an excellent fan base and the vast majority of the squad don’t live in Torpoint and arguably they’d have a much better chance of success in the east. So for them it may actually make sense. Just don’t see that because it makes sense for them that we have to suffer (through no fault of Torpoint).

The simple fact is, if this is imposed on us there’s a very real chance the club could cease to function as it does. It’s a part of the same reason that wealthier clubs than us have never taken promotion. Some blokes sitting in an office somewhere have decided our fate with no consultation and based it on latitude and longitude with no idea about the ferry or threat to the club’s existence. Anyway, everyone’s aware now and the appeal is in so we’ll have to wait and see. 

Are Millbrook serious? A few years ago they played the victims begging for money “to survive” and everyone obliged to help them out. They then did their clubhouse up with everyone else’s money along with other non critical things. They are now playing the victims again pleading poverty trying to claim the likes of St Blazey don’t deserve promotion and have to wait because they are not getting what they want again. Millbrook have been helped a lot recently and I think other clubs deserve a bit of help as well. You are not as hard done by as you are making out Millbrook and I think you are being a bit selfish after all the help you had from other clubs and possibly a bit ungrateful. As my Nan once said, “eaten bread is soon forgotten”. You are not the only club who have hard workers who deserve more