Cornwall Football Forum

Central Midfielders

Guest adlard

Musa Sabu and Josh Kemp of Illogan both gonna go along way.

Duh, cm (Centre Midfield) just realised, Josh Kemp is my choice. Musa is the best young defender in the league if not one of the best defenders full stop and hes one of the reasons we have the best defensive record in the league at the moment.

Ya have 2 agrre with gee josh kemp prob the best young cm, but nicky meds on his day is the best cm in the combo league if josh does half what nicky has achived he will av done well.

Yeah not bad winnow but to be expected surely.. i would have started him 21 out of 21 ha ha

GOT TO KEEP THEM ON THERE TOES STRIKESTER. U SEE THEN HOW COMITTED TO THE CLUB THEY REALLY ARE.....??????

tom russell i head and shoulders above any other YOUNG central midfeilder and i would go as far as saying one of the best central midfielders in the league full stop, great brain awesome engine and the guy can tackle.

mrs p....

I don't know if he played for Helston in the recent Truro v Helston game, but Tom did play for Truro up until fairly recently (last season or at least the one before anyway). Previous posters are correct in that he does have "a good engine" as they say these days, a box to box CM who enjoys tackling. Haven't seen him play for a while though as I don't get chance to watch much combo footie unless 1st team have a week off.

DONT KNOW A VERY GOOD EX TRURO PLAYER HEY MRS P. NOW NOW. HOW LONG YOU BEEN A TRUE FAN!!!!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHHEEEEEE... ######

i did ask nicely,but then your only an ex goalie,iremember my boy freind saying his teacher at school said how cant play football,cant tackle,cant shoot,or pass,someone put his hand up ,good he said you can go in goal then,heee :SM_carton_y:

Winno didn't look like an "ex" goalie in the photo in last Thursdays West Briton Mrs P, you leave him alone! :SM_carton_y: I liked the way you gave yourself the Captains band Winno :P

I think actually it was me playing for Penryn 2003-2004 season the year I helped captain them to the league title. Not bad for an idiot who cant do anything else and Idid it all for FREE!!!!!!!!

NOT AN EX KEEPER NEITHER, JUST KEEPING AN EYE ON THINGS TILL IM NEEDED........

Guest Helston Patriot

Tom Russell and Richardson of Truro, Haven't seen that illogenboy but heard he's good. Mrs p, Tom was one of the main men when Truro reserves did the treble and i think i'm right in saying scored a screamer in the Combo cup final. Had a Brain tumour too which kept himout for a while but is back better than ever. He is just another player who was shat on by Truro...

Mike Odges, I think Tom played afew games under massey at truro before his Tumour. Also got to the final trail for team bath when he was 19. I guess tom is happy playing at Helston thats why he hasn't moved on...

Tom Russell and Richardson of Truro, Haven't seen that illogenboy but heard he's good. Mrs p, Tom was one of the main men when Truro reserves did the treble and i think i'm right in saying scored a screamer in the Combo cup final. Had a Brain tumour too which kept himout for a while but is back better than ever. He is just another player who was shat on by Truro...

Mike Odges, I think Tom played afew games under massey at truro before his Tumour. Also got to the final trail for team bath when he was 19. I guess tom is happy playing at Helston thats why he hasn't moved on...

fair doos H.P,but if you go to ANY club there will be a player that thinks that hes shat on,on winno all you seem to do is brag about all the medals that you have won,yeah wright,but u never here all the players come on here that have won ten times what you have won ,even saying a word says it all :lol: :lol:

Guest Helston Patriot

fair doos H.P,but if you go to ANY club there will be a player that thinks that hes shat on,on winno all you seem to do is brag about all the medals that you have won,yeah wright,but u never here all the players come on here that have won ten times what you have won ,even saying a word says it all :lol::lol:

We have 6 players who say they have ben shat on by Truro, don't think that's just A player.. Must be something that must of happened. Dont you think? Medals? i haven't even won a raffle but got one medal :ninja:

fair doos H.P,but if you go to ANY club there will be a player that thinks that hes shat on,on winno all you seem to do is brag about all the medals that you have won,yeah wright,but u never here all the players come on here that have won ten times what you have won ,even saying a word says it all :lol::lol:

We have 6 players who say they have ben shat on by Truro, don't think that's just A player.. Must be something that must of happened. Dont you think? Medals? i haven't even won a raffle but got one medal :ninja:

ok hp 6 at your club,but you get 6 at another club,you can only put 11 players out on the park,and most players how are not in the side always think they should be,but thats football,and you might bbe right and truro have shat on some players,but so have almost every other club so say other players,and i never said any thing about your medals,and admire what you do for your country :yahoo:

Guest Helston Patriot

I know you didm't mention mine just thought i'd add it... These players were key players for the reserves and scored alot of goals. But it is true, no matter where you go someone has been shat on or shat on someone themselves.. just wana add another shat..

I know you didm't mention mine just thought i'd add it... These players were key players for the reserves and scored alot of goals. But it is true, no matter where you go someone has been shat on or shat on someone themselves.. just wana add another shat..

shall wee just leave at shat :blink: :drink:

WHAT MEDALS MRS P I AINT BRAGGED ABOUT ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!!

JUST POINTING OUT TO YOUR GOOD SELF A TRUE LOYAL TRURO DIE HARD FAN THAT ONLY 3 SEASONS AGO TOM RUSSEL WAS ONE THE BEST UP AND COMING YOUNGSTERS AT YOUR CLUB AND YOU DIDNT EVEN KNOW HIM. I THINK I WILL REST MY CASE ON THAT ONE HEY!!!!!

Guest Helston Patriot

Why are you so interested Jordan? Maybe you should concentrate on Porthleven Team selection... Luckly for Helston, Tom is good in any position you put him. Unlike some players

Guest Helston Patriot

Well by some i mean that you get players who are only suited to 1 position and some that can play 2 or even 3. For Example Tom, can play anywhere to be honest and can do a good job where as say someone like Craig Taylor ((locally) or Robbie Savage)) is an out and out Centre midfielder player. Doesn't make him any less of a player its just adapting.

Hope that has clear it up for you Jordan!

JORDAN TOM PLAYED RIGHT AND LEFT MIDFIELD ON SATURDAY AS WE HAD INJURIES. HE ENDED UP PLAYING CENTRE MIDFIELD. ITS ABOUT THE TEAM AND THE CLUB. PERHAPS HE WASN'T HAPPY BUT HE DID IT FOR THE TEAM. HEARD YOUR NEW POSITION IS CENTRE HALF MUST BE FOR YOUR HEIGHT HEY.

TOM IS A CLASS PLAYER WHOM I RATE HIGHLY HES STILL AT THE CLUB AND HES HAD A COUPLE OF GAMES ON THE BENCH AS WELL AND IS STILL WITH US.......

yeah winno i will play any where for my team that why i have played right back center back left back right wing left wing center midfield and even in goal not bad hey!

THATS HOW IT SHOULD BE JORDAN WELL DONE. LOTS OF PLAYERS THESE DAYS CRY AND WANNA LEAVE A CLUB BECAUSE U PLAY THEM OUT OF POSITION WHERE REALLY THEY SHOULD BE GLAD TO BE PLAYING........

NO M8 NOT AT ALL!!!!

I OBVIOUSLY TALK TO ALOT OF MANAGERS AND THEY ALL SAY THE SAME THING. YOUR TO YOUNG M8 BUT ONCE UPON A TIME WHEN THIS LEAGUE WAS GOOD IF YOU GOT AN OPPORTUNITY TO SIT ON THE BENCH FOR A COMBO SIDE YOU WOULD BE WELL CHUFFED AND TO PLAY, WELL IT WOULD BE ANYWHERE AND YOU WOULD BE CHUFFED TO BITS. TIMES HAVE CHANGED IM AFRAID. WE DO WHAT WE DO IN THIS ERA NOW AND WE PUT UP WITH WINGERS THOSE WHOM RNT PLAYING AND EVEN THOSE WHO ARE........