Cornwall Football Forum

Think a few clubs will want to see the set up of it first and the travelling involved before they commit to it. There’s a meeting on Friday involving the leagues concerned so hopefully that will shed more light on the proceedings but can’t blame clubs for wanting to see how it goes first. Especially Illogan and Perranporth who have voluntarily stepped out of the SWPL West Division over the last few years. With Steve involved you can rest assured it will be a well run league.

4 hours ago, S Abbo said:

Dont think this will be the last team to withdraw their application...

My prediction..only Penryn and Helston go for it from Combo. 

I would look on that as pretty much the worst case scenario and whilst I don't believe that will be the case, if it is we will ALL have a problem.

3 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Think a few clubs will want to see the set up of it first and the travelling involved before they commit to it. There’s a meeting on Friday involving the leagues concerned so hopefully that will shed more light on the proceedings but can’t blame clubs for wanting to see how it goes first. Especially Illogan and Perranporth who have voluntarily stepped out of the SWPL West Division over the last few years. With Steve involved you can rest assured it will be a well run league.

There will be a bit more travelling involved Mark but you would like to think that applicant clubs have taken that into account.  Illogan were always a bit hesitant in light of their recent history and the same could possibly be said for Perranporth.

The meeting tomorrow is primarily for alignment with our Devon counterparts so that we get commonality across the two SWPL feeder leagues where we can.  The composition of the two leagues is very much down to each organisation and I would think that by the end of the month it will be pretty much sorted.  

And thanks for the kind words.  All any of us involved can do is try our best, the clubs wouldn't expect or deserve any less.

Steve you and the rest of the committee have a thankless task and you all should be commended for taking it on. We all need to try to change the mindset of people involved in football, there does not seem to be as much enjoyment now and people just look for excuses for why it can’t be done. This is in no way having a go at Illogan or Perranporth but football in general. There seems to be no drive or ambition at clubs and I do not think it is helped by the FA who only seem interested in forcing clubs into spending money they cannot afford