Cornwall Football Forum

FA VASE 5th Round Draw

Whitley Bay beat Long Buckby 1-0 in the last round. Long Bucky are a UCL team near Daventry where I nwo work. Whitley strike pairing of Kerr and Chow have netted 40 goals this season and they sit 2nd in The Northern League. This will be a great game i think - home advantage should be enough for Truro though.

Guest cornish pasty

If Broad, Smith and Ash are missing then Whitley Bay will be a strong physical side.

Truro may struggle with crosses and concede from there, up front big strong defending will nulify Truros passing game.

I see Whitley Bay winning this one.

They are the current Northern League Champions which is a strong league, they have applied for promotion of which from Tony Kempster 6 sides can go up due to restructuring, proving the strength of the league as its 2 from all others of the similar level.

I've watched a number of Northern League clubs over the years and indeed, I watched the Bedlington Terriers/Falmouth match.

I also watched the Crook Town/Blazey match a few seasons ago, and did a bit of 'spying' for Blazey when they played Pickering Town a while back.

I think that Truro really do have a game on their hands and will do well to see off this team from the Northern League - every club from this league tend to be physically strong and I hope Truro win this one and progress to their second successive final.

I am hoping that Pickering Town can win their match this saturday after they were reinstated as they have been drawn at home in the next round!

Away the White Tigers!

AS WITH PREVIOUS POSTINGS TRURO V WHITLEY BAY FEB 9TH LOOKS TO BE A MOUTHWATERING

TIE . THE VISITORS COME FROM A VERY STRONG LEAGUE AND THIS WILL BE A TOUGH ONE SO HOME ADVANTAGE HAS TO PLAY ITS PART.TOO CLOSE TO CALL FOR ME EVEN THE ODDS ON SKYBET STILL SEEM TO AMAZE ME AROUND 10/1 THE 2ND FAVOURITES NOT BAD FOR THE LAST 16 IN A NATIONAL COMPETITION, WE ALL HAVE A BAD DAY AT THE OFFICE NOW AND AGAIN SO FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

THAT SAID STILL HOPE TO SEE CITY PROGRESS IN THEIR QUEST TO RETAIN THE VASE WON LAST SEASON