Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
cornishteddyboy

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 13th April 2019

On 14/04/2019 at 20:27, Dave Bartlam said:

I've done a bit of research on this today and I've found on the FA Full Time Frequently Asked Questions that there are 5 different states of a fixture, they are:

Cancelled/Void: A fixture which was cancelled and will not be re-arranged at a later date. Not reflected in table.

Postponed: A fixture which was cancelled and will be re-arranged for a date in the future. Not reflected in table.

Home/ Away Walkover: A home win irrespective of the result (which is optional). Win and result applied to tables.

Home / Away Win Penalties: Used to progress a team to the next round of a cup if the result was a draw.

Abandoned: Fixture was not completed, score shown as a result. Not reflected in table.

With this in mind, the only outcome for failing to raise a side or play a game in the eyes of the FA is a walkover. Because rule-sets dictate that points are awarded in the event of these breaches, it has to be reflected in the table. The only way it can do it without the manual point-tweaks/games played/won etc is by using the walkover function.

Thanks Dave. I understand that's how Full-time is programmed to work so that it generates the league table. My opinion is that the table then doesn't accurately reflect the number of games won or lost; perhaps we need a "bonus points" column!

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

Thanks Dave. I understand that's how Full-time is programmed to work so that it generates the league table. My opinion is that the table then doesn't accurately reflect the number of games won or lost; perhaps we need a "bonus points" column!

I agree John.

The only way I can tell both behind the scenes and on the main site is by actually looking at the Clubs results column.

The one way they could depict it us by using an asterisk, like they do for table adjustments - after all, that's what this is. I can feed it through to the Technology Department.