Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cornishteddyboy

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 13th April 2019

Recommended Posts

Results for 
Saturday 13th April 2019 
Carharrack 0-11 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve 2, Jake Shaw 2, Russell May 2, Tyler Cooke 2, Jack James, Luke Osborne, Harry Roberts) 
Att - 60
Mullion (Rob Carey, Tom Bryant, Chris Blee) 3-2 Redruth United (Andy Bishop, Brett Adams) 
Att - 32
Pendeen Rovers (Sean Sweeney) 1-1 Helston Athletic Reserves (Dan Stidwell) 
Att - 30
Porthleven Reserves 0-4 Hayle (Matt Thomas 2, Kane Williams, Kieron Harris) 
Att - 48
St Day (Dan Richards 2, Tyler Oliver, James Daniel) 4-1 St Agnes (Charlie Kemp) 
Att - 48
St Ives Town (Max Davies, Josh Magin, Andy Barry) 3-2 Perranporth (Tom Langford, Ross Sommerville)
Att - 45
St Just (Jack Willis 3, Ashley Ellis 2) 5-2 Perranwell (Rob Pell 2)
Att - 9

Near enough right @ 5.15pm on 13/4/19

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PENRYN ATHLETIC 32 21 6 5 116 29 87 73*
2 PERRANPORTH 31 23 3 5 93 36 57 72
3 ST DAY 31 22 4 5 113 47 66 70
4 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 33 22 2 9 112 49 63 68
5 ST IVES TOWN 30 20 5 5 91 29 62 65
6 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 34 19 4 11 92 48 44 61
7 HAYLE 33 16 4 13 76 57 19 54*
8 ILLOGAN RBL 29 15 4 10 75 45 30 49
9 PERRANWELL 28 14 2 12 50 38 12 46*
10 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 30 9 11 10 62 64 -3 42*
11 ST JUST 32 9 9 14 61 75 -14 37*
12 MULLION 32 11 4 17 55 76 -21 37
13 LIZARD ARGYLE 32 10 5 17 61 79 -18 35
14 PENDEEN ROVERS 33 10 7 16 61 71 -10 33*
15 RNAS CULDROSE 27 10 3 13 49 73 -24 33
16 ST AGNES 30 8 6 16 56 87 -31 30
17 REDRUTH UNITED 33 7 3 23 47 113 -66 24
18 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 32 5 3 25 51 148 -97 10*
19 CARHARRACK 30 0 5 25 21 177 -156 -7*
* POINTS ADJUSTED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carharrack 0, Penryn 11 (groan!)

Goals on 6, 10, 36 (Carharrack  had been doing well up to now - even hit the Penryn post), 37, 43 (pen), HT, 52, 63, 65, 82, 89, 90. Bags of merit to the outclassed Carharrack boys. We should all be able to enjoy our football but they are going through hell through no fault of their own.

Carharrack have kicked off 207 times so far this season. Same daft method: huge kick back to back 4 who either (a) lump it forward and immediately lose possession or (b) try to play it around at the back England style and lose possession just outside their own box! As learning curves go, this is flat-lining!

Nice to see some old faithfuls from Penryn, real club-men of the old-school black-and-white days who (relevant to another thread on here) will be hard to replace. Nice informative chat and friendly banter.

Luvly cuppa and sausage bap, £1.50 the lot. Chilly old wind.

Sensibly reffed by Alan Hoon. Not the most enjoyable kind of match to ref so well done, him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mullion 3-2 Redruth

A bit of a change of luck for Mullion today. Played well the last couple of weeks and came away with nothing, but far from their best today and came away with three points. As said before, both teams tried to play good football and I would say Redruth just edged it. Mullion however created more chances and could have had more goals on another day. Redruth played some good stuff but just lacked the finishing touch in the final third. All in all, not the most memorable of games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/04/2019 at 12:20, cornishteddyboy said:

Results for 
Saturday 13th April 2019 
Carharrack 0-11 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve 2, Jake Shaw 2, Russell May 2, Tyler Cooke 2, Jack James, Luke Osborne, Harry Roberts) 
Att - 60
Mullion (Rob Carey, Tom Bryant, Chris Blee) 3-2 Redruth United (Andy Bishop, Brett Adams) 
Att - 32
Pendeen Rovers (Sean Sweeney) 1-1 Helston Athletic Reserves (???) 
Att - 30
Porthleven Reserves 0-4 Hayle (Matt Thomas 2, Kane Williams, Kieron Harris) 
Att - 48
St Day (Dan Richards 2, Tyler Oliver, James Daniel) 4-1 St Agnes (Charlie Kemp) 
Att - 48
St Ives Town (Max Davies, Josh Magin, Andy Barry) 3-2 Perranporth (Tom Langford, Ross Sommerville)
Att - 45
St Just (Jack Willis 3, Ashley Ellis 2) 5-2 Perranwell (Rob Pell 2)
Att - 9

Near enough right @ 5.15pm on 13/4/19

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PENRYN ATHLETIC 32 21 6 5 116 29 87 73*
2 PERRANPORTH 31 23 3 5 93 36 57 72
3 ST DAY 31 22 4 5 113 47 66 70
4 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 33 22 2 9 112 49 63 68
5 ST IVES TOWN 30 20 5 5 91 29 62 65
6 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 34 19 4 11 92 48 44 61
7 HAYLE 33 16 4 13 76 57 19 54*
8 ILLOGAN RBL 29 15 4 10 75 45 30 49
9 PERRANWELL 28 14 2 12 50 38 12 46*
10 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 30 9 11 10 62 64 -3 42*
11 ST JUST 32 9 9 14 61 75 -14 37*
12 MULLION 32 11 4 17 55 76 -21 37
13 LIZARD ARGYLE 32 10 5 17 61 79 -18 35
14 PENDEEN ROVERS 33 10 7 16 61 71 -10 33*
15 RNAS CULDROSE 27 10 3 13 49 73 -24 33
16 ST AGNES 30 8 6 16 56 87 -31 30
17 REDRUTH UNITED 33 7 3 23 47 113 -66 24
18 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 32 5 3 25 51 148 -97 10*
19 CARHARRACK 30 0 5 25 21 177 -156 -7*
* POINTS ADJUSTED

CORNISHTEDDYBOY GET YOUR LEAGUE TABLE RIGHT OR DO NOT BOTHER POINTS DROPPED PENRYN 27 PTS PERRANPORTH 21 PTS IT IS PENRYN  23 PTS DROPPED PERRANPORTH 21 POINTS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Carharrack 0, Penryn 11 (groan!)

Goals on 6, 10, 36 (Carharrack  had been doing well up to now - even hit the Penryn post), 37, 43 (pen), HT, 52, 63, 65, 82, 89, 90. Bags of merit to the outclassed Carharrack boys. We should all be able to enjoy our football but they are going through hell through no fault of their own.

Carharrack have kicked off 207 times so far this season. Same daft method: huge kick back to back 4 who either (a) lump it forward and immediately lose possession or (b) try to play it around at the back England style and lose possession just outside their own box! As learning curves go, this is flat-lining!

Nice to see some old faithfuls from Penryn, real club-men of the old-school black-and-white days who (relevant to another thread on here) will be hard to replace. Nice informative chat and friendly banter.

Luvly cuppa and sausage bap, £1.50 the lot. Chilly old wind.

Sensibly reffed by Alan Hoon. Not the most enjoyable kind of match to ref so well done, him.

Carharrack 0-11 Carharrack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on points dropped Penryn have drawn 4 and lost 5 =23 pts Perranporth drawn 3 lost5=21 pts on points dropped there is 2 points different Cornishteddyboy is trying to show the two games that Penryn had given to them when sides cancelled with no team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, skinner said:

on points dropped Penryn have drawn 4 and lost 5 =23 pts Perranporth drawn 3 lost5=21 pts on points dropped there is 2 points different Cornishteddyboy is trying to show the two games that Penryn had given to them when sides cancelled with no team

All will be decided at the end of season. You may even get offered to run the forum at this rate. Have a pint and enjoy your Saturday night👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skinner said:

CORNISHTEDDYBOY GET YOUR LEAGUE TABLE RIGHT OR DO NOT BOTHER POINTS DROPPED PENRYN 27 PTS PERRANPORTH 21 PTS IT IS PENRYN  23 PTS DROPPED PERRANPORTH 21 POINTS

 

31 minutes ago, skinner said:

on points dropped Penryn have drawn 4 and lost 5 =23 pts Perranporth drawn 3 lost5=21 pts on points dropped there is 2 points different Cornishteddyboy is trying to show the two games that Penryn had given to them when sides cancelled with no team

Penryn have been awarded 2 0-0 wins for two games where the opposition could not raise a side, meaning 6 points added..

Penryn, on the field have played 30 games, winning 21, drawing 4, losing 5. With me so far are you. This makes how many points Mr Skinner? Yes it makes 67 points.

Now take your socks off and use your toes as well to add up. 67 plus the 6 extra points equals ........ yes good boy, 73.

So we add on 2 games to games played and 2 draws in the draws column. So we now get 32 games played, 21 wins, 6 draws, 5 losses, total 73 points with a little asterix looking like thus *.

Then looking at the bottom of the table it says *Points Adjusted.   

It's not Rocket Science Mr Skinner, but then again for some .......

14 minutes ago, skinner said:

Look on the full time f a website that table is correct

Full time is wrong. For a start they have Falmouth defeating Culdrose 8-0 when it was only 7-0. The game between Lizard and Carharrack that was abandoned at 4-0, full time have added in the 4 goals for Lizard but have not put them in the goals against column for Carharrack. Carharrack should be on minus 7 points. P orthleven should be on 10 points.Penryn should have an asterix against their name. Etc, etc. 

Full time was doing 0-0 home and away wins for half a season but confused themselves so have started putting in H-W (home walkover), A-W (away walkover). This I am doing next season as well but I am using the old 0-0 method we have been using for three seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there was a definitive record book for this season - which league table would be used - the FA Full-time or CTB's. At the end of the day, the games played, the goal difference and the points awarded columns are the same anyway! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually I'd like to say on this forum that I watched a good game of football on a Saturday afternoon. However, today was the complete opposite. I attended the Carharrack v Penryn game. Mainly to see if Carharrack had improved since I last saw them. And how good Penryn were considering they are going for the title. It wasn't a pleasant game to watch. A real gulf in class between the two teams. Carharrack had a couple of promising players. Really though, a team that would even struggle in the lower echelons of the Trelawny League. They were that poor it was hard to watch. Penryn on the other hand, well they didn't even need to get out of first gear. A controlled and professional performance given the opposition they were up against. They gave them respect and just played football.

I'll echo Tom's comments. The service from the refreshment hut is second to none.

I genuinely hope Carharrack have a brighter future. A serious rebuilding job is needed this summer. Otherwise, another embarrassing season could be on the cards in the Trelawny Premier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dave Deacon said:

If there was a definitive record book for this season - which league table would be used - the FA Full-time or CTB's. At the end of the day, the games played, the goal difference and the points awarded columns are the same anyway! 

I double check mine two or three times a season, plus at the end do a double check of everything Dave before adding it into the archive. Everything is checked even down to the head counts.

My goals totals come mainly from the players in the games or their managers. Funnily they haven't matched the full time totals for some players. Are teams sheets 100% correct or is the way I get my info 100%?

4 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

Usually I'd like to say on this forum that I watched a good game of football on a Saturday afternoon. However, today was the complete opposite. I attended the Carharrack v Penryn game. Mainly to see if Carharrack had improved since I last saw them. And how good Penryn were considering they are going for the title. It wasn't a pleasant game to watch. A real gulf in class between the two teams. Carharrack had a couple of promising players. Really though, a team that would even struggle in the lower echelons of the Trelawny League. They were that poor it was hard to watch. Penryn on the other hand, well they didn't even need to get out of first gear. A controlled and professional performance given the opposition they were up against. They gave them respect and just played football.

I'll echo Tom's comments. The service from the refreshment hut is second to none.

I genuinely hope Carharrack have a brighter future. A serious rebuilding job is needed this summer. Otherwise, another embarrassing season could be on the cards in the Trelawny Premier.

Officially there is no relegation from the Combo this season unless a club(s) asks for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

I double check mine two or three times a season, plus at the end do a double check of everything Dave before adding it into the archive. Everything is checked even down to the head counts.

My goals totals come mainly from the players in the games or their managers. Funnily they haven't matched the full time totals for some players. Are teams sheets 100% correct or is the way I get my info 100%?

Officially there is no relegation from the Combo this season unless a club(s) asks for it.

I hope they do ask for relegation Paul. This afternoon was uncomfortable to watch really. Quite possibly, along with the Storm side of a couple of seasons ago, the worst side I personally have ever seen. It will be beneficial for them I feel to drop down a league and rebuild. Even the option of dropping back down to the very bottom. Just so they can restart again and build their way back up. Get the foundations right from the bottom to the top. I do hope Richard has a plan for next season and beyond to improve the playing squad. I'm sure he works too hard to watch awful performances like that week in and week out. It's demoralising for all involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

All will be decided at the end of season. You may even get offered to run the forum at this rate. Have a pint and enjoy your Saturday night👍 

Tomorrow I will put up at table with the H-W and A-W instead of these stupid 0-0's. With the correct goals for and against, etc. We will then see the difference will full time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Tomorrow I will put up at table with the H-W and A-W instead of these stupid 0-0's. With the correct goals for and against, etc. We will then see the difference will full time.

 

Why do the Combination League use that 0-0 win nonsense (there's no such thing) as opposed to the proper method of an A-W/H-W?!

Edit: just seen that some games are now down as a H/A-W - not sure what the 0-0 thing is all about as the above method automatically adds a game played to both teams and a game won by the non-offending side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Why do the Combination League use that 0-0 win nonsense (there's no such thing) as opposed to the proper method of an A-W/H-W?!

Can I please ask why Justin searle goals. Scored against West cornwall havent been taken off but nearly everyone else's goals have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Carharrack have kicked off 207 times so far this season. Same daft method: huge kick back to back 4 who either (a) lump it forward and immediately lose possession or (b) try to play it around at the back England style and lose possession just outside their own box! As learning curves go, this is flat-lining!

This is just one of the reasons why I only played for carharrack three times.

No point having a midfield, or any ball players at full back, as the ball is just lumped forward to a very lazy striker and then the arguments starts between the mouthy centre back who thinks he is awesome and everyone else.

 

Shame really but they need to get to the end of the season and recruit much better players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Keith B said:

St Just 5 - Perranwell 2

That's better Tinners, turned the corner now. Great win. Another hat trick for Jack Willis - wow well done Jack, well done St Just. :yahoo:

Well played the Tinners, Perranwell not at the races and couldn't adjust to the windy conditions in the way that St Just did. A game of two halves with the wind, but that's no excuse, the Well were comprehensively beaten by the better side today and St Just were down to bare bones with no subs. Great hospitality after the match, which was well reffed by Dave Bartlam, who I think was making his first appearance at St Just. Neither side kept him busy today, competitive game played in the right spirit, just a shame that the Well forgot to turn up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Can I please ask why Justin searle goals. Scored against West cornwall havent been taken off but nearly everyone else's goals have 

On my website, as stated in previous posts when West Cornwall pulled out, I have not taken anyones goals away. I am not responsible for full time.

Yesterday's goals need to be added yet.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/18goldenboot.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

I double check mine two or three times a season, plus at the end do a double check of everything Dave before adding it into the archive. Everything is checked even down to the head counts.

Never suggested your table wasn’t correct. I’m just wondering which one would be preferable for posterity! 😀👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With 5-6 games to go its perranporth title to lose still. 

Perranwell (h)

carharrack (h)

culdrose  (h/a)

mullion (h)

2 dropped points hand the initiative to Penryn, on what I saw yesterday I can see them all being relatively tight games beside carharrack.

penryn have got 

Perranwell (h) 

wendron (a)

st just (h)

culdrose (a) 

and if they drop even a point that opens the door for St Day or St Ives who play each other and one of those teams need to win that game to have a chance. 

Perranporth are crawling over the line, will they make it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

On my website, as stated in previous posts when West Cornwall pulled out, I have not taken anyones goals away. I am not responsible for full time.

Yesterday's goals need to be added yet.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/18goldenboot.html

I get that mate but they haven't been taken off the full time website 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andys said:

Well played the Tinners, Perranwell not at the races and couldn't adjust to the windy conditions in the way that St Just did. A game of two halves with the wind, but that's no excuse, the Well were comprehensively beaten by the better side today and St Just were down to bare bones with no subs. Great hospitality after the match, which was well reffed by Dave Bartlam, who I think was making his first appearance at St Just. Neither side kept him busy today, competitive game played in the right spirit, just a shame that the Well forgot to turn up!

Another enjoyable game for myself which made it three on the bounce - all in the Combo aswell, two of them featured Perranwell so thank you @Andys and to your lads. Also thank you to St Just - it was my first visit to Lafrowda and the first time I'd taken charge of a St Just side... You hear stories of their physicality and off-the-ball incidents etc so I came down thinking I needed to have eyes everywhere... That wasn't the case. Both teams played a physical but fair game and I came away having enjoyed it, which is why I do it. 

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season and a thank you to St Just for the hospitality.

2 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

I get that mate but they haven't been taken off the full time website 

When a club folds, records are expunged - results, fixtures, goals etc. Full Time is the official platform and so that's the one that needs to be correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cornishteddyboy has done a realy great job with all the stats on his website a lot of work and I enjoy looking at it but if the league is going to be published on here lets have it right on here 0-0 is only to get goal for and against

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he should be commended with all his hard work that he does keeping the stats not only for this season but trying to sort out the leagues history going back years , so please don’t come on here slating his efforts as he has to try and implement the league rules which sometimes are a little difficult to understand .. 

well done CTB 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, skinner said:

cornishteddyboy has done a realy great job with all the stats on his website a lot of work and I enjoy looking at it but if the league is going to be published on here lets have it right on here 0-0 is only to get goal for and against

The points are the same (and correct!) so does the rest really matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mbkted said:

This is just one of the reasons why I only played for carharrack three times.

No point having a midfield, or any ball players at full back, as the ball is just lumped forward to a very lazy striker and then the arguments starts between the mouthy centre back who thinks he is awesome and everyone else.

 

Shame really but they need to get to the end of the season and recruit much better players 

Maybe they had to limp it forward as they didnt have any ball playing full backs or anyone in midfiels to have the ball??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cornishlegend said:

Maybe they had to limp it forward as they didnt have any ball playing full backs or anyone in midfiels to have the ball??

I would imagine that where they concede so many goals, pumping it forward is the best and safest option to relieve pressure, of only for a moment?

Will Carharrack be requesting voluntary relegation at the end of the season @Richard Chown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

I would imagine that where they concede so many goals, pumping it forward is the best and safest option to relieve pressure, of only for a moment?

Will Carharrack be requesting voluntary relegation at the end of the season @Richard Chown?

I hope they dont. Richard has worked so hard to get them where they are im sure hes already been working on next season and things will be different. Fingers crossed for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cornishlegend said:

Maybe they had to limp it forward as they didnt have any ball playing full backs or anyone in midfiels to have the ball??

Are you the very lazy striker?

Limping Ir forward sounds about right.

The SWPL used 0-0 for walkovers a few years ago, something I disagreed with. High flying Callington against rock bottom Foxhole will forever be 0-0. A great result for the bottom club? No, a no show and a home walkover. At least H-W or A-W shows that one team didn't or couldn't play for whatever reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whistle Blower said:

Are you the very lazy striker?

Limping Ir forward sounds about right.

The SWPL used 0-0 for walkovers a few years ago, something I disagreed with. High flying Callington against rock bottom Foxhole will forever be 0-0. A great result for the bottom club? No, a no show and a home walkover. At least H-W or A-W shows that one team didn't or couldn't play for whatever reason. 

😂😂😂 i wish i could call myself a foward lucky to even play these days. Unfortunately health isnt on my side and still having chemo. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
POS

TEAM

PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PENRYN ATHLETIC 32 23 4 5 116 29 87 73
2 PERRANPORTH 31 23 3 5 93 36 57 72
3 ST DAY 31 22 4 5 113 47 66 70
4 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 33 22 2 9 112 49 63 68
5 ST IVES TOWN 30 20 5 5 91 29 62 65
6 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 34 19 4 11 92 48 44 61
7 HAYLE 33 17 3 13 76 57 19 54
8 ILLOGAN RBL 29 15 4 10 75 45 30 49
9 PERRANWELL 28 14 2 12 50 38 12 46*
10 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 30 11 9 10 62 64 -3 42
11 ST JUST 32 10 8 14 61 75 -14 37*
12 MULLION 32 11 4 17 55 76 -21 37
13 LIZARD ARGYLE 32 10 5 17 61 79 -18 35
14 PENDEEN ROVERS 33 10 6 17 61 71 -10 33*
15 RNAS CULDROSE 27 10 3 13 49 73 -24 33
16 ST AGNES 30 8 6 16 56 87 -31 30
17 REDRUTH UNITED 33 7 3 23 47 113 -66 24
18 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 32 5 1 27 51 148 -97 10*
19 CARHARRACK 30 0 2 28 21 177 -156 -7*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Another enjoyable game for myself which made it three on the bounce - all in the Combo aswell, two of them featured Perranwell so thank you @Andys and to your lads. Also thank you to St Just - it was my first visit to Lafrowda and the first time I'd taken charge of a St Just side... You hear stories of their physicality and off-the-ball incidents etc so I came down thinking I needed to have eyes everywhere... That wasn't the case. Both teams played a physical but fair game and I came away having enjoyed it, which is why I do it. 

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season and a thank you to St Just for the hospitality.

When a club folds, records are expunged - results, fixtures, goals etc. Full Time is the official platform and so that's the one that needs to be correct.

Thank you, Dave, for your honest approach to refereeing. The rumour mill of Cornish football has slandered the Tinners wrongly so often in the past. Nice to hear of an official who hasn't been got at by the biased establishment of the Combo and the Penzance-Porthleven-Helston mafia. Too many Cornish refs used to arrive with assumptions based on old resentments, often from their own playing days,  instead of reffing the game in  real time ! Good to hear things are improving.  Good on you !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Why do the Combination League use that 0-0 win nonsense (there's no such thing) as opposed to the proper method of an A-W/H-W?!

Edit: just seen that some games are now down as a H/A-W - not sure what the 0-0 thing is all about as the above method automatically adds a game played to both teams and a game won by the non-offending side.

Having discussed this situation many times with different people,  I'm still not convinced that it is correct to record an unplayed game as a win (or a loss), especially as the "result" is recorded as 0-0 (a draw). The 3 points are awarded (or deducted) when a team cannot raise a side - they are not won (or lost) - and I feel this should be clearly identified in a league table so that the perpetual records accurately show the results of games they actually played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Mead said:

Having discussed this situation many times with different people,  I'm still not convinced that it is correct to record an unplayed game as a win (or a loss), especially as the "result" is recorded as 0-0 (a draw). The 3 points are awarded (or deducted) when a team cannot raise a side - they are not won (or lost) - and I feel this should be clearly identified in a league table so that the perpetual records accurately show the results of games they actually played.

I've done a bit of research on this today and I've found on the FA Full Time Frequently Asked Questions that there are 5 different states of a fixture, they are:

Cancelled/Void: A fixture which was cancelled and will not be re-arranged at a later date. Not reflected in table.

Postponed: A fixture which was cancelled and will be re-arranged for a date in the future. Not reflected in table.

Home/ Away Walkover: A home win irrespective of the result (which is optional). Win and result applied to tables.

Home / Away Win Penalties: Used to progress a team to the next round of a cup if the result was a draw.

Abandoned: Fixture was not completed, score shown as a result. Not reflected in table.

With this in mind, the only outcome for failing to raise a side or play a game in the eyes of the FA is a walkover. Because rule-sets dictate that points are awarded in the event of these breaches, it has to be reflected in the table. The only way it can do it without the manual point-tweaks/games played/won etc is by using the walkover function.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Had a few bruising encounters down the old St Just many years ago.

But we were men.

Not snowflakes.

Used to look forward to a proper old battle royal down there.

I remember my first ever "CORNISH WRASSLE" Down at Lafrowda, what a Lovely encounter on a Sunny day! :) Thoroughly enjoyed it. Too many Pansies Around these days in Local football 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...