Cornwall Football Forum

Illogan RBL have informed the Management Committee that they no longer wish to be considered for membership of the St Piran League for 2019-20.  Whilst saddened and disappointed to hear this news we wish them well in their future membership of the Combination League and hope that we may see them in the League at some point in the future.  

Nineteen clubs remain in contention to fill the available vacancies.

31 minutes ago, ECPL said:

I understand the league is there for two years before the FA change it again.  Any ideas  

Any change will be largely of an 'administrative' nature as the FA fine tune the NLS.  There will be negligible, if any, impact as the Leagues status/standing in the pecking order of things will be unchanged as will be the League and clubs eligibility for funding and competitions.  

I only received the outline of this from the FA today.  They're working on the detail over the coming months and if there is anything of note then the clubs will be informed.  If you're expecting another re-jig that's not what is been looked at.

42 minutes ago, countyman said:

Does anyone know how the League will interact from next season with the soon-to-be lower-ranked leagues of Combo and ECPL? Will there be promotion and relegation? 

Pretty much exactly as it is now.  Both Leagues have had a copy of the intended St Piran Rules governing the promotion/relegation arrangements since 24th March.  To date I've had no feedback from them. 

If you think of St Piran taking the place of SWPL D1 West you won't go far wrong so, on that basis, the position of the ECPL and Combo in the pecking order will be unchanged.

6 hours ago, Number13 said:

So could a team withdraw from the St Piran league and re-enter the ECPl or Combo in the future? 

No doubt Steve will give the correct answer, but I feel that should a side wish to withdraw from the league (in fact any league), they should drop down more than just the one level.

6 hours ago, Number13 said:

So could a team withdraw from the St Piran league and re-enter the ECPl or Combo in the future? 

This is unchanged from the current situation.  The only impact to the St Piran League would be one less team being relegated, or none depending on promotion applications.  A team withdrawing is not covered by any formal arrangement between the leagues so where they ended up would be dependent on any ECPL/Combo or even Duchy/Trelawny rule governing these circumstances (this would have to be a local rule as it's not covered in the standard FA Rules) their constitution and whether they had any vacancies or not. 

I would emphasize again that this is no different to the current situation for any club wishing to withdraw from the SWPL.  

I wonder if the youngsters at Illogan were involved in these discussions because after watching them play against Helston the other day I noticed that they had a couple of very good young lads playing surely they want to play at the higher level? so will be moving on and will they be involved in the Charity cup next year having reached the final this year? Well done to Illogan for reaching both finals look forward to watching them in the finals. 

Smiler players may want to play a higher level but with many players working Saturdays etc now and only making it just in time for home games, away games with extra travel is problematic, these decisions by clubs are not taken lightly and clubs have to look after themselves to sustain themselves 

On 12/04/2019 at 09:25, Smiler said:

I wonder if the youngsters at Illogan were involved in these discussions because after watching them play against Helston the other day I noticed that they had a couple of very good young lads playing surely they want to play at the higher level? so will be moving on and will they be involved in the Charity cup next year having reached the final this year? Well done to Illogan for reaching both finals look forward to watching them in the finals. 

I think all teams at Illogan want to push the club on and me personally running the third team we have some good youngsters coming through the ranks and even have had a few boys step up and help out both first team and reserves in cup runs and league campaigns. 

Good foundations are being put in place across all the teams and this I am sure will only mean when the club decides to step up again that it will be all 3 teams stepping up and pushing together rather than a massive ability gap from first team to third team....

Good things are being put into place at the club and rest assured the boys have the desire to push on, but its about the right time and having the momentum behind us to make sure its not just a flash in the pan and only becuase there is money in the background, because as we all know money can easily be directed to other clubs if there is a sniff of short term success....