Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawney 4 cup final.

This evening It has been updated on the full time website that the Trelawney Division 4 final, Threemilestone reserves  vs Tregony, is being played on Sunday at St Day. Is it normal for a final to be scheduled for less than a weeks time? Seems weird when Tms have played all of our league games already & Tregony only have 1 left to play. Tms were planning to take a coach of fans/players down but it's a bit late notice now to get numbers & arrange, also a few of our squad may miss the final with work/ being away. 

Updated today..... Wrong!!! Well it was updated yesterday when you won but that was updated last Sunday morning, when we St Day agreed to host. I can also confirm it's been on there all week as I've been checking to see who the match day official are.

The issue is not the date, sadly and I still struggle to get this but the issue for the league is finding venues. There is only a handful of clubs who have said to the league they are interested. We are hosting a County Final at 11am and 4 youth games that day but still agreed to open our facilities for this cup final too. 

If your struggling for a coach, please say I can put you in touch with Wheal Briton or  Better still the number 47 runs on the hour and stops right outside the ground😉. You got a whole week, well actually you've had two weeks. Plenty of time.

Look forward to welcoming you and all your supporters to Vogue Park on Sunday. 💛🖤💛🖤💛🖤

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

Updated today..... Wrong!!! That was updated last Sunday morning, when we St Day agreed to host. I can also confirm it's been on there all week as I've been checking to see who the match day official are.

The issue is not the date, sadly and I still struggle to get this but the issue for the league is finding venues. There is only a handful of clubs who have said to the league they are interested. We are hosting a County Final at 11am and 4 youth games that day but still agreed to open our facilities for this cup final too. 

If your struggling for a coach, please say I can put you in touch with Wheal Briton or even our very own community minibus. You got a whole week, well actually you've had two weeks. Plenty of time.

Look forward to welcoming you and all your supporters to Vogue Park on Sunday. 💛🖤💛🖤💛🖤

No bud, we only played the semi yesterday. We we looked yesterday evening & it said Tms vs Tregony date & venue tbc. So St Day may well have been told, but the full time website wasn't showing the game for Threemilestone. We were wanting a coach for 50-100 people. Just a pain in the ass to sort it all on the week of game & let everyone know what's going on. Fair play to St Day, we play our semi final vs Mawnan at your place too, nice pitch & nice bunch. A few of the Tms players have great memories of Vogue Park after dishing out a fair few hammerings whilst playing for Carharrack in the past few years. 

We will agree to disagree. I know you only played the semi on Saturday, follow the club on Twitter. I do know from a league point the information was there as originally (last sunday) the system put through Constantine and not Tregony from the other Semi. Probably a small clitch as it went to a penalty shootout.

Parking is/Can be arranged at the club. Please do let us know if your bringing a coach as we will need to arrange access and parking at the ground.

Cheers

8 hours ago, Roy D said:

No bud, we only played the semi yesterday. We we looked yesterday evening & it said Tms vs Tregony date & venue tbc. So St Day may well have been told, but the full time website wasn't showing the game for Threemilestone. We were wanting a coach for 50-100 people. Just a pain in the ass to sort it all on the week of game & let everyone know what's going on. Fair play to St Day, we play our semi final vs Mawnan at your place too, nice pitch & nice bunch. A few of the Tms players have great memories of Vogue Park after dishing out a fair few hammerings whilst playing for Carharrack in the past few years. 

You also have to look at the logistics around cup finals. With teams now winning league's and coming second, the few "active" members of the committee have to get around to these games to present medals and trophies. We also have to factor these games in for our "time" aswell.

Then there is referee availability, pitch availability (as eluded to above) to factor in. We also got grief not long ago after a team had a two week break yet their opposition had no break? We couldn't win either way. One thing I've learnt in this role is that to make one set of people happy, you're gonna plannoy another set of people.

Have you spoken to the Fixtures Secretary about your concerns?

Are there really 50-100 people who want to watch the Div 4 cup final?

If, as you say above, you’ve dealt out “a fair few hammerings” when you were known as Carharrack then surely the cup final for the lowest Saturday league in Cornwall shouldn’t be that big of a deal for you all 👀

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

We did ask our clubs... An email was sent around to all our member clubs and via our Facebook page. Only a very small number of clubs offered to host finals 

Hence my point above, everyone assumes every club is a host. Wrong many don't, it can bring in much needed revenue but of course you need the volunteers for that to happen which is maybe why clubs don't.

Finals and semi Finals should be proud things to host and they are finish article in any club or groundsman season....well they should be.

💛🖤💛🖤💛🖤

5 hours ago, 64 on tap said:

Are there really 50-100 people who want to watch the Div 4 cup final?

If, as you say above, you’ve dealt out “a fair few hammerings” when you were known as Carharrack then surely the cup final for the lowest Saturday league in Cornwall shouldn’t be that big of a deal for you all 👀

Easily, over 120 people watched our divison 4 league game vs Chacewater. We are a proud village & strong community. We wear the badge of tms now, of course the cup final is a big deal, regardless of what any player has done in the past. I was just saying a few of us have nice memories there.

4 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Easily, over 120 people watched our divison 4 league game vs Chacewater. We are a proud village & strong community. We wear the badge of tms now, of course the cup final is a big deal, regardless of what any player has done in the past. I was just saying a few of us have nice memories there.

Just being pedantic Roy D,there was a crowd of that size at Chacewater for our fixture against you guys but,looking around,the support was approximately a 50/50 split between the two clubs.Good luck in your final.

7 minutes ago, Soccer Follower said:

Just being pedantic Roy D,there was a crowd of that size at Chacewater for our fixture against you guys but,looking around,the support was approximately a 50/50 split between the two clubs.Good luck in your final.

Yeah I know, I'd say it was 50:50. Two proud villages that get behind their club. I just mean once you account for the players on the coach too & maybe a few family members we would be looking at between 50-100 on the coach. I wasn't claiming the hundred odd fans at the rec were all tms 😂

1 hour ago, Roy D said:

Yeah I know, I'd say it was 50:50. Two proud villages that get behind their club. I just mean once you account for the players on the coach too & maybe a few family members we would be looking at between 50-100 on the coach. I wasn't claiming the hundred odd fans at the rec were all tms 😂

Big coach if you get 100 on it!

On 07/04/2019 at 23:32, Roy D said:

. We were wanting a coach for 50-100 people.  A few of the Tms players have great memories of Vogue Park after dishing out a fair few hammerings whilst playing for Carharrack in the past few years. 

I never knew there was that many supporters in Carharrack surely they can walk 😏.We wear the badge of Tms regardless of the past aaaagh that’s lovely it’s like a speech from Game of Thrones. Good luck to the mighty tregs .

🎣

For sake Marksy lol

10 hours ago, MARKSY said:

I never knew there was that many supporters in Carharrack surely they can walk 😏.We wear the badge of Tms regardless of the past aaaagh that’s lovely it’s like a speech from Game of Thrones. Good luck to the mighty tregs .

🎣

Marksy, get some rest from your fishing, you and millser got a big night tonight, in your matching united pyjamas watching the great United defeat Barca. Come on you reds

2 hours ago, MARKSY said:

🎣

Awww Marksy you not supporting us... I'm hurt by that 😭 thought me and you were like that 🤞

8 hours ago, Asterix said:

For sake Marksy lol

Marksy, get some rest from your fishing, you and millser got a big night tonight, in your matching united pyjamas watching the great United defeat Barca. Come on you reds

😂😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, feedtheshak said:

Awww Marksy you not supporting us... I'm hurt by that 😭 thought me and you were like that 🤞

Sorry Chris didn’t know you was there mate. I’ll make an exception just for YOU on the day😘

9 hours ago, MARKSY said:

🎣

Haha it was just a bit of light hearted banter. I've got a massive amount of respect for St Day as a club & the people there. I was only saying last week that I'm 31 now & winding down but despite playing for their rivals for years i wish I'd have had the chance to play for St Day & Illogan. Two well run clubs who represent their village,  great sets of fans & teams that play hard but shake your hand at full time.

Anyway what do you mean walk from Carharrack to St Day? you couldn't walk 100 yards bud. 

4 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Haha it was just a bit of light hearted banter. I've got a massive amount of respect for St Day as a club & the people there. I was only saying last week that I'm 31 now & winding down but despite playing for their rivals for years i wish I'd have had the chance to play for St Day & Illogan. Two well run clubs who represent their village,  great sets of fans & teams that play hard but shake your hand at full time.

Anyway what do you mean walk from Carharrack to St Day? you couldn't walk 100 yards bud. 

I have seen Marksy walk, 99.9 yards, hes never made it to 100!