Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League - Saturday 6 April 2019

As this is a results thread, would appreciate accurate correct factual posts please.

DUCHY LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

Godolphin Atlantic Reserves 1-3 Foxhole Stars

Lostwithiel FC 0-2 Torpoint Athletic 3rds

St Dennis Reserves 4-3 St Newlyn East

St Mawgan 1-0 Boscastle

Veryan 3-0 North Petherwin

DIVISION 1

St Cleer 3-2 Stoke Climsland

Gunnislake 5-0 AFC Bodmin

Holywell And Cubert 4-2 St Merryn

North Hill 3-6 Tregrehan Mills

Saltash United 3rds 3-1 St Breward

DIVISION 2

Altarnon 8-0 Gorran

Foxhole Stars Reserves 0-2 Tintagel

Grampound 2-1 St Minver Reserves

Lanivet Inn 1-2 Lifton

DIVISION 3

Mevagissey Reserves 3-3 Liskeard Athletic 3rds

Polperro Reserves 1-0 St Eval Spitfires

Southgate Seniors 3-0 Calstock

DIVISION 4

Boscastle Reserves 4-2 St Ann's Chapel

Bude Town Reserves 3-3 Lifton 2nds

Week St Mary 2-8 Nanpean Rovers

St Cleer Reserves 4-1 Lostwithiel

Div One - St Cleer 3 - 2 Stoke Climsland

League official turns up with champions cup and trophies in anticipation that the league leading visitors will put in a display and secure the title - kiss of death !

St Cleer were deservedly ahead 2-1 when they lost their composure early in the second half - game went to 2 - 2 and St Cleer were down to 10 men - presentation opportunity still on the cards.

A few minutes remaining and still 2 all, ah well, there's always next Saturday. Free kick edge of the box, Saints win 3 - 2 and are still well and truly in the race for the title - cancel next week, trophies back home.

Lostwithiel 0 - 2 Torpoint Athletic (S.Trethewey & C.Westall)

A goal in each half for Torpoint gave us the deserved 3points and a nice clean sheet to go with it. Lostwithiel not much of a threat today, even with their usually impressive no.8 in midfield. With not much running ahead of him he had little to aim his long passes at. Nevertheless Torpoint defended well throughout. 

The first goal was from a Sam Trethewey penalty, which Billy Davies saved well, only for Sam to get first to the rebound to slot home, after young Alex Richardson was brought down in the box. From my viewpoint, it looked like a foul, albeit I was 50yds away. Although I'm not sure it should've been a pen, as the referee waved advantage, we had a shot on goal and Billy made a fine stop. Then it was brought back for a penalty. A second bite of the cherry. Other chances in the first half were thwarted, as per, by the ageless Davies, with shots saved from Charman, Westall among others. Westall in particular should've had a couple more from set pieces or long throws but was unable to hit the target with his headers.

One change at HT with Jamie Hill on for Adam Brayson on the right. Less chances in the second half, but the few we did create were again saved. A 1-0 lead is a dangerous scoreline but Rowe and Trethewey in midfield were winning their battles in midfield and the back four defended well. The second came late on with centre half/striker Chris Westall turning inside the box and finding the bottom corner.

Overall, happy with the result and the scoreline could possibly have been more but 3points and a clean sheet. Good to give 60, 60 and 45mins to three u18s today again with Hill, Richardson and Charman all doing well. Good luck to Lostwithiel for their remaining fixtures in their fight near the bottom.

I must also add, as I whinged about the referee last week, that I should highlight today's referee, Paul Buscombe, was a credit. He controlled the game throughout, had a laugh and some jokes with both sides, no glaring errors, explained some of his decisions that he felt he needed to, but most of all, refereed with a smile on his face. Refreshing and good to see.

19 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Lostwithiel 0 - 2 Torpoint Athletic (S.Trethewey & C.Westall)

A goal in each half for Torpoint gave us the deserved 3points and a nice clean sheet to go with it. Lostwithiel not much of a threat today, even with their usually impressive no.8 in midfield. With not much running ahead of him he had little to aim his long passes at. Nevertheless Torpoint defended well throughout. 

The first goal was from a Sam Trethewey penalty, which Billy Davies saved well, only for Sam to get first to the rebound to slot home, after young Alex Richardson was brought down in the box. From my viewpoint, it looked like a foul, albeit I was 50yds away. Although I'm not sure it should've been a pen, as the referee waved advantage, we had a shot on goal and Billy made a fine stop. Then it was brought back for a penalty. A second bite of the cherry. Other chances in the first half were thwarted, as per, by the ageless Davies, with shots saved from Charman, Westall among others. Westall in particular should've had a couple more from set pieces or long throws but was unable to hit the target with his headers.

One change at HT with Jamie Hill on for Adam Brayson on the right. Less chances in the second half, but the few we did create were again saved. A 1-0 lead is a dangerous scoreline but Rowe and Trethewey in midfield were winning their battles in midfield and the back four defended well. The second came late on with centre half/striker Chris Westall turning inside the box and finding the bottom corner.

Overall, happy with the result and the scoreline could possibly have been more but 3points and a clean sheet. Good to give 60, 60 and 45mins to three u18s today again with Hill, Richardson and Charman all doing well. Good luck to Lostwithiel for their remaining fixtures in their fight near the bottom.

I must also add, as I whinged about the referee last week, that I should highlight today's referee, Paul Buscombe, was a credit. He controlled the game throughout, had a laugh and some jokes with both sides, no glaring errors, explained some of his decisions that he felt he needed to, but most of all, refereed with a smile on his face. Refreshing and good to see.

Spot on in your report and not much to add. Torpoint even with a few younger new faces controlled the game and for all our endeavour we did not have a single shot on target, we never stopped working but we need to create more. A massive game for us at G&SM next week when hopefully we can put together a more complete performance. Good luck to Torpoint for the rest of the season as always a decent, fair and enjoyable afternoon.

Hi Dave

Appreciate you asking about our player and will pass it on to him.

Chris 'Taffy' Hall had a CT scan which showed he had suffered ligament damage to his neck as well as concussion. He spent 15 hours on a bed in A&E in a neck brace but is home now and resting but has been advised to not play football for a month.

Sums up the luck we are having at the moment.

Good luck for the rest your season. It was great to play on your pitch yesterday.

Cheers,

Jiggy

4 hours ago, St Newlyn East AFC said:

Hi Dave

Appreciate you asking about our player and will pass it on to him.

Chris 'Taffy' Hall had a CT scan which showed he had suffered ligament damage to his neck as well as concussion. He spent 15 hours on a bed in A&E in a neck brace but is home now and resting but has been advised to not play football for a month.

Sums up the luck we are having at the moment.

Good luck for the rest your season. It was great to play on your pitch yesterday.

Cheers,

Jiggy

Hopefully he makes a full recovery,all the best for the remainder of this season mate

5 hours ago, falselights said:

Falselights, Thank you mate and hopefully we will still be in your league next year it is always an enjoyable game with you boys. I will try and keep the ponds off and lose a couple of chins. See you soon.

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 18:36, Paul Collings said:

Div One - St Cleer 3 - 2 Stoke Climsland

League official turns up with champions cup and trophies in anticipation that the league leading visitors will put in a display and secure the title - kiss of death !

St Cleer were deservedly ahead 2-1 when they lost their composure early in the second half - game went to 2 - 2 and St Cleer were down to 10 men - presentation opportunity still on the cards.

A few minutes remaining and still 2 all, ah well, there's always next Saturday. Free kick edge of the box, Saints win 3 - 2 and are still well and truly in the race for the title - cancel next week, trophies back home.

Nothing like winning with a bit of dignity is there eh?!  May as well have given it out to Stoke there and then because St Cleer won't be winning it this year!

Duchy 3

Southgate Seniors 3 - 0 Calstock

On Saturday we met Calstock for the first time this season at Launceston playing fields and due to a few players out with illness or injury it was always going to be a tough game. The game started off very evenly with both teams having good spells of possession but struggling to create any clear cut chances, however after a near goal by Calstock roughly half way through the first half Southgate started to pick up the pace. After some close chances the opening goal was scored by Southgate CM and Captain Craig Charnock, with some good build up play down the line and a quick throwing flicked on by Josh Barron, Craig Charnock ran onto the flick and hit the ball on the volley from 25 yards out which beat the keeper and dinked the post before going into the top right corner, an absolutely stunning goal to open the scoring and one we will certainly remember for a long time. With the momentum from the first goal Southgate continued to put Calstock under pressure and soon after Craig Charnock doubled his tally and Southgates lead with a great back post header which Josh Barron whipped in from a corner, finishing the first half 2-0.

Southgate started off the second half where they left off and really started to dominate the game and had multiple chances to increase the lead but just lacked the finish with some good defending by Calstock and vital saves from their keeper. We continued to push and the 3rd goal came from a deep freekick by Jay Webber which was headed into the back of the net by one of Calstocks CB's. The game ended 3-0 and was a very important win for us, with many of the lads carrying injuries or illness we were probably only working at about 70% of our usual but we dug deep and got the job done.

Southgate Scorers: Craig Charnock x 2, OG

MOTM: Craig Charnock

Thank you to Calstock as it was a well fought game and was good to see them all back at the Newmarket in good spirits. Look forward to seeing you again on 24th April for our last game of the season.

On 08/04/2019 at 09:38, SSB1 said:

Nothing like winning with a bit of dignity is there eh?!  May as well have given it out to Stoke there and then because St Cleer won't be winning it this year!

Everyone entitled to their own opinion, seems a shame to hide behind a few letters though, introduce yourself, I’m happy to have a chat.👏🏻

My name on here is irrelevant. I just think the post lacks any sort of class or dignity.  Which is a shame, because beating Stoke 3-2 is a really good result, and with 10 men, but then it becomes slightly tarnished with a comment like that.  Never mind, always next year! :clapper:

Nothing controversial whatsoever Paul! The pointed comment in need of a little clarity methinks.

On 07/04/2019 at 21:24, BryJayLew said:

There's still another 5 years ahead of you there mate!!

Billy Davies, still a fine keeper but above all else a top man!

On 15/04/2019 at 09:50, SSB1 said:

My name on here is irrelevant. I just think the post lacks any sort of class or dignity.  Which is a shame, because beating Stoke 3-2 is a really good result, and with 10 men, but then it becomes slightly tarnished with a comment like that.  Never mind, always next year! :clapper:

Well you have ya say win the league or not but to get permeation 2 years on the bounce with a new team is good achievement we fight to the end