Cornwall Football Forum

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU ECPL Fixture Wednesday 10th April

Nothing else to be seen or done on a quite night in Devon.

last night I dragged myself up to Langsford Park for a evening game of football that had great prospect.

Even whilst I was sipping on my bovril half an hour before kick off you could see that it was going to be a fast start to the game with Tavistocks professional warm up with great energy and gumf, whereas Polpero unfortunately looked tired and workmen like in there approach. The game started off at a fantastically high pressure with the young lambs putting the pressure on the Polpero back line, with left back Jack Lee in fine form marauding down the left hand side at every opportunity. Tavistock soon found themselves ahead after great work from Tavistock captain Billy McGowan to win the ball back high up the pitch, allowed Lee to swing the ball in towards the area to find the in rushing 17 year old Callum Thomas to smash home from 6 yards with help from a deflection. With Polpero looking to respond quickly they attempted to get the ball forward at every opportunity, but the long balls towards the corner flags was mopped up by and very impressive back four last night. 

Polpero did respond with an equaliser moments before half time, when some neat movement from the number 10 found himself in a position to slide the ball home from 9 yards.

I expect both teams had the proverbial rocket at half time to increase the moment and tempo in the second half.

Tavistock started the second half brightly when the experienced Jack Crago cut inside and hit a bouncing dipping shot into the ground but for the Polpero keeper to fumble into his own net. 

Tavy again moving through the gears and added a 3rd when again 17 year old Callum Thomas linked up with the impressive 18 year old Jamie Roberts inside the box for the later to send the ball crashing in off the post.

Tavistock made many changes in the second half with former Callington Town player Liam Parnell coming on, with my understanding that he has been sidelined for some time, good to see the young man back in the pitch. Didn’t get sent off tonight though. But it was the largely impressive Fin Burn that added the 4th goal for Tavistock, when the young man turned inside the box and lashed the ball past the goalkeeper to seal the points for the lambs.

Only my second time watching Tavistock this year, it’s very unfortunate that they didn’t start the season like this as they could have been in and around the title challenge. With a young and exciting squad on show tonight, and with the experienced men in charge, I might just wonder if they’ll win the cup this year...

Good evening of football, we’ll worth the entrance fee.

RedRuth

On 11 April 2019 at 09:13, RedRuth68 said:

Nothing else to be seen or done on a quite night in Devon.

last night I dragged myself up to Langsford Park for a evening game of football that had great prospect.

Even whilst I was sipping on my bovril half an hour before kick off you could see that it was going to be a fast start to the game with Tavistocks professional warm up with great energy and gumf, whereas Polpero unfortunately looked tired and workmen like in there approach. The game started off at a fantastically high pressure with the young lambs putting the pressure on the Polpero back line, with left back Jack Lee in fine form marauding down the left hand side at every opportunity. Tavistock soon found themselves ahead after great work from Tavistock captain Billy McGowan to win the ball back high up the pitch, allowed Lee to swing the ball in towards the area to find the in rushing 17 year old Callum Thomas to smash home from 6 yards with help from a deflection. With Polpero looking to respond quickly they attempted to get the ball forward at every opportunity, but the long balls towards the corner flags was mopped up by and very impressive back four last night. 

Polpero did respond with an equaliser moments before half time, when some neat movement from the number 10 found himself in a position to slide the ball home from 9 yards.

I expect both teams had the proverbial rocket at half time to increase the moment and tempo in the second half.

Tavistock started the second half brightly when the experienced Jack Crago cut inside and hit a bouncing dipping shot into the ground but for the Polpero keeper to fumble into his own net. 

Tavy again moving through the gears and added a 3rd when again 17 year old Callum Thomas linked up with the impressive 18 year old Jamie Roberts inside the box for the later to send the ball crashing in off the post.

Tavistock made many changes in the second half with former Callington Town player Liam Parnell coming on, with my understanding that he has been sidelined for some time, good to see the young man back in the pitch. Didn’t get sent off tonight though. But it was the largely impressive Fin Burn that added the 4th goal for Tavistock, when the young man turned inside the box and lashed the ball past the goalkeeper to seal the points for the lambs.

Only my second time watching Tavistock this year, it’s very unfortunate that they didn’t start the season like this as they could have been in and around the title challenge. With a young and exciting squad on show tonight, and with the experienced men in charge, I might just wonder if they’ll win the cup this year...

Good evening of football, we’ll worth the entrance fee.

RedRuth

Great write up! But what concerns me is that they charged you an entrance fee when you've played for the team James! Perhaps you could raise that with the "experienced men in charge"!