Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cornishteddyboy

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Tuesday 2nd April 2019

Recommended Posts

Results for
Tuesday 2nd April 2019
Falmouth Town Reserves A-A Porthleven Reserves
Helston Athletic Reserves (Dan Stidwell, Hugh Howlett) 2-0 Perranwell 
Att - 47
Illogan RBL (Paul Wolstencroft, Jason Roberts) 2-1 Perranporth (Luke Wort) 
Att - 65
Lizard Argyle (???) 1-2 RNAS Culdrose (Matt Bulcock 2) 
Att - ???
Redruth United (Simon James, Louis Matthews, Andy Bishop) 3-0 Carharrack 
Att - 
St Day (Jacob Cleverly) 1-1 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve)
Att - 78
St Ives Town (Max Davies 3, Josh Magin) 4-0 Hayle 
Att - 30
Wendron United Reserves (Jack Noy, Guill McIvor) 2-2 Mullion (Archie Rutterford, Jack Price)
Att - 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cornishlegend said:

Will carharrack have a team? 

Jamie, why are you coming on here stiring shit?  You are one of the cowards that left to go West Cornwall which turned out great.  Grow some balls and pay your fines you owe the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

Jamie, why are you coming on here stiring shit?  You are one of the cowards that left to go West Cornwall which turned out great.  Grow some balls and pay your fines you owe the club.

Tipton owes fines.....Im sure he'll find a way of getting the money together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pegs said:

Tipton owes fines.....Im sure he'll find a way of getting the money together

I am sure ill find a way 🤣 good old days work. ill pass over 20 when I watch them tonight thanks for your concern buddy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Soccer Follower said:

Redruth Utd 2  Carharrack 0 h/t

Rumours going around the ground that Postman Pat was "confined to barracks."

Out with friends arranged months ago. What's the final score nigel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Out with friends arranged months ago. What's the final score nigel

3-0

 

Rumour coming through that Falmouth v Port abandonded cos ref walked off as he was getting so much hassle from players. Need to confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Illogan 2 - 1 Perranporth. Unsure of goalscorers. Watched illogan a few times this season and on their day could beat anyone just not been consistent enough for me. The boy Adams ran the show for Illogan tonight popping up everywhere with moments of magic. Special mention for Perran young keeper would have been a lot more if not for him. 

Great result for Penryn tonight too travelled with a very depleted side and St day still couldn’t take all 3 points I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Illogan 2 - 1 Perranporth. Unsure of goalscorers. Watched illogan a few times this season and on their day could beat anyone just not been consistent enough for me. The boy Adams ran the show for Illogan tonight popping up everywhere with moments of magic. Special mention for Perran young keeper would have been a lot more if not for him. 

Great result for Penryn tonight too travelled with a very depleted side and St day still couldn’t take all 3 points I see.

Yound ross is a top quality keeper 17 years old. Just gets on with his football listens and learns. He will be one to watch. Good enough to be in that Cornwall Team if you ask me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I assumed would be a decent evening game to watch tonight, turned into a bit of an embarrassment. Penryn really do need to sort out their manager, he’s an absolute disgrace and really lets the team down. 

Both St Day and Penryn played a very entertaining game which resulted in a well deserved draw, admittedly a lot of words fired from both supporting fans but extremely abusive language from a Mr Harry Pope. The referee let St Day down in the last couple of minutes by sending off one of their players, but again this decision was based on the fact that a certain manager who then put himself in goal ran up to the ref and hurled abuse to get this player sent off. Not the first time I’ve seen this young man act in a disgraceful manner. He truly is an embarrassment to Cornish football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

What I assumed would be a decent evening game to watch tonight, turned into a bit of an embarrassment. Penryn really do need to sort out their manager, he’s an absolute disgrace and really lets the team down. 

Both St Day and Penryn played a very entertaining game which resulted in a well deserved draw, admittedly a lot of words fired from both supporting fans but extremely abusive language from a Mr Harry Pope. The referee let St Day down in the last couple of minutes by sending off one of their players, but again this decision was based on the fact that a certain manager who then put himself in goal ran up to the ref and hurled abuse to get this player sent off. Not the first time I’ve seen this young man act in a disgraceful manner. He truly is an embarrassment to Cornish football. 

keep your chin up fella!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

What I assumed would be a decent evening game to watch tonight, turned into a bit of an embarrassment. Penryn really do need to sort out their manager, he’s an absolute disgrace and really lets the team down. 

Both St Day and Penryn played a very entertaining game which resulted in a well deserved draw, admittedly a lot of words fired from both supporting fans but extremely abusive language from a Mr Harry Pope. The referee let St Day down in the last couple of minutes by sending off one of their players, but again this decision was based on the fact that a certain manager who then put himself in goal ran up to the ref and hurled abuse to get this player sent off. Not the first time I’ve seen this young man act in a disgraceful manner. He truly is an embarrassment to Cornish football. 

You will never beat us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

You could keep yours up but your nose would get in the way pal 👍 

great comeback buddy, superb! witty, made total sense, and really showed your class, even got a cheeky emoji in there! and you said i was an embarrassment. anyway.... great game tonight, had it all. good luck to the saints in the cup final! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Helston 2 Perranwell 0 - Much better performance from the Well tonight, pretty even match despite the score line, with Perran spurning  a number of good chances. Dan Stidwell was the difference between the teams tonight, class display of wing play. Match well reffed by Dave Bartlam. We go again on Saturday. Good luck to Helston for the rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andys said:

Helston 2 Perranwell 0 - Much better performance from the Well tonight, pretty even match despite the score line, with Perran spurning  a number of good chances. Dan Stidwell was the difference between the teams tonight, class display of wing play. Match well reffed by Dave Bartlam. We go again on Saturday. Good luck to Helston for the rest of the season.

This game was a pleasure to take charge of tonight. Four fouls over the course of the ninety minutes, no over the top moaning - positive attitudes on display from all involved who weren't interested in getting on my back, instead opting to just get on and play football. These are by far my favourite games to ref.

Both teams were very good tonight, Dan Stidwell was very good on the wing. Your keeper also pulled off at least two brilliant saves! Perranwell did have a few very good chances but unfortunately lady luck wasn't in the mood to play.

Andy, I look forward to seeing you and your team again next Saturday. Thanks for your assistance tonight.

Both Helston and Perranwell teams were a credit to their clubs and the league tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

3-0

 

Rumour coming through that Falmouth v Port abandonded cos ref walked off as he was getting so much hassle from players. Need to confirm.

About 20 watching paul. Simon James Louis Matthews Andy Bishop scored

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

This game was a pleasure to take charge of tonight. Four fouls over the course of the ninety minutes, no over the top me moaning - positive attitudes on display from all involved who weren't interested in getting on my back, instead opting to just get on and play football. These are by far my favourite games to ref.

Both teams were very good tonight, Dan Stidwell was very good on the wing. Your keeper also pulled off at least two brilliant saves! Perranwell did have a few very good chances but unfortunately lady luck wasn't in the mood to play.

Andy, I look forward to seeing you and your team again next Saturday. Thanks for your assistance tonight.

Both Helston and Perranwell teams where a credit to their club and the league tonight

If you're officiating on Saturday Dave, please can you try and organise some warmer weather, my hands and feet still haven't thawed out from tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Andys said:

If you're officiating on Saturday Dave, please can you try and organise some warmer weather, my hands and feet still haven't thawed out from tonight!

bartlam can do most things but as yet can not order weather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I have moderated on postings about referees.  If a club has a issue I would suggest going through the official match report.  

If you watched the Chelsea vs Cardiff match even the professionals get it wrong, all human.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there's certainly a mix of good and bad posts on this thread. Is it really this bad now in our leagues, that a referee feels he has to leave the pitch because of the flack he's getting. Is that what happened - or was the ref really a thin skinned wimp ? I can't believe that.

This has got to stop people. The league will suffer from the retiring of more officials if it doesn't. There are good reports here but - the rest ought to be deleted. It makes an embarrassing read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Well there's certainly a mix of good and bad posts on this thread. Is it really this bad now in our leagues, that a referee feels he has to leave the pitch because of the flack he's getting. Is that what happened - or was the ref really a thin skinned wimp ? I can't believe that.

This has got to stop people. The league will suffer from the retiring of more officials if it doesn't. There are good reports here but - the rest ought to be deleted. It makes an embarrassing read.

If he felt he had enough cr×p and decided to walk off....well done from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stevieb was missing form the st Ives v hayle game last night so thought I would put a report on for him, hayle started the better team and it took st Ives about 10 minutes or so to get their passing game going but when they did they found a few gaps in the hayle defense. The main difference this week was that we were clinical in front of goal, max Davies scored a hat trick and Josh magin got the other and the first half was as good as we have played all season....to their credit I think patch must have got into them at halftime as hayle came out a lot more aggressive in the second half, a bit too aggressive on a couple of occasions which resulted in yellow cards but game generally played in a good spirit and well controlled by Justin moses in the middle....apologies to hayle for the showers not working, we seem to have lost all our water pressure, good luck for the rest of the season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

If he felt he had enough cr×p and decided to walk off....well done from me.

We all have times where we want to walk off the pitch because of the petulance and the constant moaning... I've never heard of it actually being done though. Is this a Combo first?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the SWL about 15 years ago a linesman threw his flag down and walked off. He reluctantly and sheepishly returned. A well liked and popular official still going strong today.

Did the referee in question warn the teams first before acting?

Another bad situation involving Porthleven Reserves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, B Manning said:

Dave, never in all my what is now over 2500 games have I ever had a time where I wanted to walk off , mind you I have had to take plenty of cr*p in that time.

There's times I've wanted to walk off... however, if it's just because of the crap that's being spouted off... That's what cards and misconduct reports are for (personal opinion).

I've spared my personal judgment here, I wasn't there so I'm in no position to comment whether he was right or wrong to do so.

It does get pretty crap in the middle sometimes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Market on the Moor said:

I remember watching Kev Knowles act as linesman at wendron one day. He was getting so much hassle, he jumped up and dragged the spectator over the barrier and punched him. They were the good old days! No bitching or emojis back then!

Only Kev could do that and still be one of the most popular officials around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whistle Blower said:

In the SWL about 15 years ago a linesman threw his flag down and walked off. He reluctantly and sheepishly returned. A well liked and popular official still going strong today.

Did the referee in question warn the teams first before acting?

Another bad situation involving Porthleven Reserves.

I am assuming that by making this comment, you were there & your now going to tell everyone exactly what happened ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Match officials have the full power of the laws of the game to give yellow cards.  Will be interesting to see what happens when Sin Bins which have been trialed in the Trelawny League come into force. To be honest I don't blame referees, they want to enjoy the game as much as players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whistle Blower said:

In the SWL about 15 years ago a linesman threw his flag down and walked off. He reluctantly and sheepishly returned. A well liked and popular official still going strong today.

Did the referee in question warn the teams first before acting?

Another bad situation involving Porthleven Reserves.

Presume you had a good view of the game last night then? There were two teams on that pitch, so to suggest that Porthleven Reserves were the problem (a problem which is being dealt with by BOTH clubs I believe) is wildly off the mark. No cards were issued for dissent last night to either team, nobody was sin binned, make of that what you will even though you all already have your own conclusive opinions, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, roger moore said:

No sin bins in the combo until next year...

There'll be a shock for Team Officials aswell - they will be shown Yellow and Red cards if they commit an offence. If the culprit can't be identified, the sanction is issued against the head coach (manager).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 5couse said:

Presume you had a good view of the game last night then? There were two teams on that pitch, so to suggest that Porthleven Reserves were the problem (a problem which is being dealt with by BOTH clubs I believe) is wildly off the mark. No cards were issued for dissent last night to either team, nobody was sin binned, make of that what you will even though you all already have your own conclusive opinions, of course.

Port player was given a straight red for his choice of words towards the ref to be fair. Everyone on the pitch were shocked and completely disagreed with the decision

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 5couse said:

Presume you had a good view of the game last night then? There were two teams on that pitch, so to suggest that Porthleven Reserves were the problem (a problem which is being dealt with by BOTH clubs I believe) is wildly off the mark. No cards were issued for dissent last night to either team, nobody was sin binned, make of that what you will even though you all already have your own conclusive opinions, of course.

Nobody could have been sin binned as it doesn't  come into effect for combo  until next season 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 5couse said:

Presume you had a good view of the game last night then? There were two teams on that pitch, so to suggest that Porthleven Reserves were the problem (a problem which is being dealt with by BOTH clubs I believe) is wildly off the mark. No cards were issued for dissent last night to either team, nobody was sin binned, make of that what you will even though you all already have your own conclusive opinions, of course.

I never said it was Porthleven Reserves who were the problem. And thank you for clearing up who the other eleven people were. I did wonder at the time. 

Let me reiterate that I said another bad situation,  the first being their inability to raise a team. And if the comments are true then it seems even when they have eleven they can't keep them on the pitch! 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Somebody said that an hour ago, now we’re all laughing at you. Keep up. 🤣😂

Out watching  football,  blurry eyes after celebrating  Wolves  result Kevin. 😈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...