Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Tuesday 2nd April 2019

Results for
Tuesday 2nd April 2019
Falmouth Town Reserves A-A Porthleven Reserves
Helston Athletic Reserves (Dan Stidwell, Hugh Howlett) 2-0 Perranwell 
Att - 47
Illogan RBL (Paul Wolstencroft, Jason Roberts) 2-1 Perranporth (Luke Wort) 
Att - 65
Lizard Argyle (???) 1-2 RNAS Culdrose (Matt Bulcock 2) 
Att - ???
Redruth United (Simon James, Louis Matthews, Andy Bishop) 3-0 Carharrack 
Att - 
St Day (Jacob Cleverly) 1-1 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve)
Att - 78
St Ives Town (Max Davies 3, Josh Magin) 4-0 Hayle 
Att - 30
Wendron United Reserves (Jack Noy, Guill McIvor) 2-2 Mullion (Archie Rutterford, Jack Price)
Att - 23

Illogan 2 - 1 Perranporth. Unsure of goalscorers. Watched illogan a few times this season and on their day could beat anyone just not been consistent enough for me. The boy Adams ran the show for Illogan tonight popping up everywhere with moments of magic. Special mention for Perran young keeper would have been a lot more if not for him. 

Great result for Penryn tonight too travelled with a very depleted side and St day still couldn’t take all 3 points I see.

2 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Illogan 2 - 1 Perranporth. Unsure of goalscorers. Watched illogan a few times this season and on their day could beat anyone just not been consistent enough for me. The boy Adams ran the show for Illogan tonight popping up everywhere with moments of magic. Special mention for Perran young keeper would have been a lot more if not for him. 

Great result for Penryn tonight too travelled with a very depleted side and St day still couldn’t take all 3 points I see.

Yound ross is a top quality keeper 17 years old. Just gets on with his football listens and learns. He will be one to watch. Good enough to be in that Cornwall Team if you ask me. 

What I assumed would be a decent evening game to watch tonight, turned into a bit of an embarrassment. Penryn really do need to sort out their manager, he’s an absolute disgrace and really lets the team down. 

Both St Day and Penryn played a very entertaining game which resulted in a well deserved draw, admittedly a lot of words fired from both supporting fans but extremely abusive language from a Mr Harry Pope. The referee let St Day down in the last couple of minutes by sending off one of their players, but again this decision was based on the fact that a certain manager who then put himself in goal ran up to the ref and hurled abuse to get this player sent off. Not the first time I’ve seen this young man act in a disgraceful manner. He truly is an embarrassment to Cornish football. 

23 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

What I assumed would be a decent evening game to watch tonight, turned into a bit of an embarrassment. Penryn really do need to sort out their manager, he’s an absolute disgrace and really lets the team down. 

Both St Day and Penryn played a very entertaining game which resulted in a well deserved draw, admittedly a lot of words fired from both supporting fans but extremely abusive language from a Mr Harry Pope. The referee let St Day down in the last couple of minutes by sending off one of their players, but again this decision was based on the fact that a certain manager who then put himself in goal ran up to the ref and hurled abuse to get this player sent off. Not the first time I’ve seen this young man act in a disgraceful manner. He truly is an embarrassment to Cornish football. 

keep your chin up fella!!! 

27 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

You will never beat us 

23 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

You could keep yours up but your nose would get in the way pal 👍 

great comeback buddy, superb! witty, made total sense, and really showed your class, even got a cheeky emoji in there! and you said i was an embarrassment. anyway.... great game tonight, had it all. good luck to the saints in the cup final! 

Helston 2 Perranwell 0 - Much better performance from the Well tonight, pretty even match despite the score line, with Perran spurning  a number of good chances. Dan Stidwell was the difference between the teams tonight, class display of wing play. Match well reffed by Dave Bartlam. We go again on Saturday. Good luck to Helston for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Andys said:

Helston 2 Perranwell 0 - Much better performance from the Well tonight, pretty even match despite the score line, with Perran spurning  a number of good chances. Dan Stidwell was the difference between the teams tonight, class display of wing play. Match well reffed by Dave Bartlam. We go again on Saturday. Good luck to Helston for the rest of the season.

This game was a pleasure to take charge of tonight. Four fouls over the course of the ninety minutes, no over the top moaning - positive attitudes on display from all involved who weren't interested in getting on my back, instead opting to just get on and play football. These are by far my favourite games to ref.

Both teams were very good tonight, Dan Stidwell was very good on the wing. Your keeper also pulled off at least two brilliant saves! Perranwell did have a few very good chances but unfortunately lady luck wasn't in the mood to play.

Andy, I look forward to seeing you and your team again next Saturday. Thanks for your assistance tonight.

Both Helston and Perranwell teams were a credit to their clubs and the league tonight

27 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

This game was a pleasure to take charge of tonight. Four fouls over the course of the ninety minutes, no over the top me moaning - positive attitudes on display from all involved who weren't interested in getting on my back, instead opting to just get on and play football. These are by far my favourite games to ref.

Both teams were very good tonight, Dan Stidwell was very good on the wing. Your keeper also pulled off at least two brilliant saves! Perranwell did have a few very good chances but unfortunately lady luck wasn't in the mood to play.

Andy, I look forward to seeing you and your team again next Saturday. Thanks for your assistance tonight.

Both Helston and Perranwell teams where a credit to their club and the league tonight

If you're officiating on Saturday Dave, please can you try and organise some warmer weather, my hands and feet still haven't thawed out from tonight!

26 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Well there's certainly a mix of good and bad posts on this thread. Is it really this bad now in our leagues, that a referee feels he has to leave the pitch because of the flack he's getting. Is that what happened - or was the ref really a thin skinned wimp ? I can't believe that.

This has got to stop people. The league will suffer from the retiring of more officials if it doesn't. There are good reports here but - the rest ought to be deleted. It makes an embarrassing read.

If he felt he had enough cr×p and decided to walk off....well done from me.

Stevieb was missing form the st Ives v hayle game last night so thought I would put a report on for him, hayle started the better team and it took st Ives about 10 minutes or so to get their passing game going but when they did they found a few gaps in the hayle defense. The main difference this week was that we were clinical in front of goal, max Davies scored a hat trick and Josh magin got the other and the first half was as good as we have played all season....to their credit I think patch must have got into them at halftime as hayle came out a lot more aggressive in the second half, a bit too aggressive on a couple of occasions which resulted in yellow cards but game generally played in a good spirit and well controlled by Justin moses in the middle....apologies to hayle for the showers not working, we seem to have lost all our water pressure, good luck for the rest of the season...

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

If he felt he had enough cr×p and decided to walk off....well done from me.

We all have times where we want to walk off the pitch because of the petulance and the constant moaning... I've never heard of it actually being done though. Is this a Combo first?

13 minutes ago, B Manning said:

Dave, never in all my what is now over 2500 games have I ever had a time where I wanted to walk off , mind you I have had to take plenty of cr*p in that time.

There's times I've wanted to walk off... however, if it's just because of the crap that's being spouted off... That's what cards and misconduct reports are for (personal opinion).

I've spared my personal judgment here, I wasn't there so I'm in no position to comment whether he was right or wrong to do so.

It does get pretty crap in the middle sometimes 

52 minutes ago, Market on the Moor said:

I remember watching Kev Knowles act as linesman at wendron one day. He was getting so much hassle, he jumped up and dragged the spectator over the barrier and punched him. They were the good old days! No bitching or emojis back then!

Only Kev could do that and still be one of the most popular officials around!

1 hour ago, Whistle Blower said:

In the SWL about 15 years ago a linesman threw his flag down and walked off. He reluctantly and sheepishly returned. A well liked and popular official still going strong today.

Did the referee in question warn the teams first before acting?

Another bad situation involving Porthleven Reserves.

I am assuming that by making this comment, you were there & your now going to tell everyone exactly what happened ???

2 hours ago, Whistle Blower said:

In the SWL about 15 years ago a linesman threw his flag down and walked off. He reluctantly and sheepishly returned. A well liked and popular official still going strong today.

Did the referee in question warn the teams first before acting?

Another bad situation involving Porthleven Reserves.

Presume you had a good view of the game last night then? There were two teams on that pitch, so to suggest that Porthleven Reserves were the problem (a problem which is being dealt with by BOTH clubs I believe) is wildly off the mark. No cards were issued for dissent last night to either team, nobody was sin binned, make of that what you will even though you all already have your own conclusive opinions, of course.

2 hours ago, 5couse said:

Presume you had a good view of the game last night then? There were two teams on that pitch, so to suggest that Porthleven Reserves were the problem (a problem which is being dealt with by BOTH clubs I believe) is wildly off the mark. No cards were issued for dissent last night to either team, nobody was sin binned, make of that what you will even though you all already have your own conclusive opinions, of course.

Port player was given a straight red for his choice of words towards the ref to be fair. Everyone on the pitch were shocked and completely disagreed with the decision

3 hours ago, 5couse said:

Nobody could have been sin binned as it doesn't  come into effect for combo  until next season 😂

Edited by Clubman

11 hours ago, 5couse said:

I never said it was Porthleven Reserves who were the problem. And thank you for clearing up who the other eleven people were. I did wonder at the time. 

Let me reiterate that I said another bad situation,  the first being their inability to raise a team. And if the comments are true then it seems even when they have eleven they can't keep them on the pitch! 🤣

11 hours ago, Whistle Blower said:

I never said it was Porthleven Reserves who were the problem. And thank you for clearing up who the other eleven people were. I did wonder at the time. 

Let me reiterate that I said another bad situation,  the first being their inability to raise a team. And if the comments are true then it seems even when they have eleven they can't keep them on the pitch! 🤣

Most players swear in frustration when fouled, and as Ronniemay.6 said, bearing in mind he was a matter of yards away on the pitch, (although not as close as your armchair obviously) everyone was shocked and disagreed with the decision. 

Everyone knows Port have struggled with players this year, turning up with 11 or less in quite a few games, even having to play the manager for 90 minutes in some games due to players not turning up, but we have still tried to complete as many games as we could with what we had. Yes we have taken some drubbings, we've even picked up a few points in between and there have been occasions where enough players couldn't even be raised to get games on, and I don't see the situation getting any better for the rest of the season, but we're still doing what we can. We didn't take a month off to rebuild and then still not turn up for games afterwards, we battled on whether you like the fact or not, and will continue to do so for as long as we can.

But I suppose you are right, one dubious red card in a season we must really struggle keeping our players on the pitch! 🤣