Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League - Saturday 23 March 2019

At the time of posting this, the donation fund to keep this forum going was standing at £517 of the £780 goal required, with 9 days left to reach the target. However, only 53 people had chipped in!

There were 847 views of the Duchy Results thread last week. Come on guys, please just a £1 from each of you will be more than sufficient! Beware though as the minimum is £5 and so perhaps you can get together with others.

Do it now while you think about it : https://www.gofundme.com/cornwall-football-forum-2019

DUCHY LEAGUE
PREMIER DIVISION
Boscastle    2-1    Lostwithiel
Foxhole Stars    3-1    North Petherwin
Godolphin At Res    2-4    Sticker Reserves
St Mawgan    6-0    Gerrans & St Mawes Utd 
Veryan        5-2    Torpoint Athletic 3rds

DIVISION 1
Holywell And Cubert 1-2 Saltash United 3rds
North Hill    3-8    St Dominick
St Merryn    0-1    AFC Bodmin
Stoke Climsland    8-1    Gunnislake
Tregrehan Mills    4-1    St Breward

DIVISION 2
Gorran        2-1    Tintagel
Lanivet Inn    3-0    Lamerton Community
Lifton        3-5    Foxhole Stars Reserves
Pelynt        8-1    Grampound
St Minver Res    1-2    Altarnun

DIVISION 3
Liskeard Ath 3rds    8-4    Calstock
St Dennis 3rd    5-4    Southgate Seniors
St Eval Spitfires    0-2    St Stephen Reserves
Polperro Res    2-0    Pensilva

DIVISION 4
Lostwithiel    2-4    Bude Town Reserves
Newmoor Rovers    3-2    Delabole United
North Petherwin Res 2-4     Boscastle Reserves
St Cleer Reserves    1-7    Nanpean Rovers
Lifton 2nds    7-0    Week St Mary
St Mawgan Res    1-2    St Ann's Chapel

Duchy One - Stoke Climsland 8 - 1 Gunnislake

Gunnislake had enough of the play and created enough chances to have been at least level by the break but failure to hit the target left them 3 - 1 down instead.

The second half was all one way traffic as title favourites Stoke scored freely and romed home 8-1.

Perfect footie weather for a change, pitch looking great sadly the  slope hasn't improved !!

Saturday 23rd March 2019
Foxhole 3 (Reed-Bennett 11, Bould 13, Griffin 80 ) North Petherwin 1 (Elvidge 23)

Fortunately the diarrhoea I had developed last week had eased, only to be replaced by a need to noisily break wind with alarming alacrity and foul smells so on Wednesday I nipped into town for some medicine. On arrival my attention was drawn to a large group of pensioners gingerly getting out of a minibus. As they gathered on the pavement, I heard two of them loudly argue about whether they were mistakenly wearing each other's teeth, before the whole group shoved roughly past, causing me to drop my phone. Normally I wouldn't have thought twice about pushing one of them into the path of speeding traffic in retribution, but today I didn't make a fuss, merely smiling wryly to myself, as I knew they would all be dead soon anyway.

I quickly realised I had become an unwitting gatecrasher to a retirement home's excursion to the chemist's but I felt I had no choice other than to follow them in. This proved to be a huge mistake as, by now, most of them were already queuing at the only till operating to collect their prescriptions. With the line hardly moving, I tried a tactical retreat, only to discover I was hemmed in by the rest of the pensioners and, having been encircled in the tiny shop by toothless senior citizens in a rapid pincer movement, I had no choice but to hold my defensive position. It was like the Battle of Rorke's Drift in there, I can tell you.

After a while, and no nearer the counter, a fierce looking German Shepherd edged forward and stood next to me. Assuming it was a guide dog for the short sighted chap directly behind me (and whose asthmatic breath I could feel on the back of my neck), I politely asked him if his dog bit. In wheezy tones, he assured me that it didn't, so I patted the Alsatian on the head. In a flash, it had three of my fingers in its jaws, only releasing its grip when I stood on its tail as I hopped about in agony. This seemed to aggravate it further, and it crashed into a nearby shelf sending boxes of vitamin tablets crashing to the floor. I turned and glared at the man behind, deliberately dripping blood onto his newly polished brogues. 
"I thought you said your dog didn't bite!" I exclaimed.
"That's not my dog", he said, sucking on a Werther's Original.

The pain in my hand subsided barely quicker than the queue, so I had gained little ground ten minutes later when I felt the first warning signs of a massive build up of gas inside me. While passing the wind would undoubtedly have aided my bid for freedom, I first sought revenge on the Alsatian, still eyeing me with contempt by my feet. I released a little gas, startling the elderly couple in front of me who had been discussing the price of Steradent. A voice from way behind me (somewhere near the talcum powder I think) cried out "Rover! Rover!" which made the dog bark excitedly. Pleased at my ingenuity at transferring the blame for the vile odour onto the dog, I passed more wind. Again the anguished cry: "Rover! Rover!" That'll teach you, you ugly mutt, I thought, before loudly breaking wind a third time. "Rover! Rover!" shrieked the voice. "Come here now before that man poos on you".

With Foxhole two up inside a quarter of an hour, first from Reed-Bennett's fine header from Kenny's cross and then a cool finish from Bould after he'd stolen the ball from a hesitant defender, it appeared as this would be another routine victory, particularly as numerous other early chances were created and squandered. However North Petherwin soon detected the Foxes were not quite at their best and hit back with some determined challenges and quick breaks. After deservedly reducing the arrears midway through the half, the visitors were unlucky to see a potential headed equaliser ruled out, and also lacked a killer finish on two other occasions.

It was still anybody's game until ten minutes from time when Griffin's brilliant low drive from Reed-Bennett's flick settled the nerves. Until then Foxhole were unable to further break down a resilient and combative north Cornwall outfit who continued to threaten after winning far too many of the midfield skirmishes, albeit without ever forcing Bullen to save the day. 

Good luck to our visitors for the remainder of the season. Many thanks to Adrian Philp and the Petherwin linos.

Foxhole (4-4-2): Matt Bullen; Bradley Allen, Chris Brown, Huw Morgan, Ryan Wilkins; Rory Barnacle, Lee Reed-Bennett, Nathan Allen, Levi Kerrigan; Benno Bould, Callum Kenny. Subs: Richard Griffin, Lee Whetter, Nathan Papaioannou, Jowan Dingle, Carl Rickard.

North Petherwin: Eliot Astles, Wayne Basford, James Cawte, Darren Chapman, Shaun Ellis, Mark Elvidge, Mark Gribble, Ryan Julian, Walter Medlicott, Joseph Reeve, Matthew Taskis. Sub: Matt Davey.

Lifton 3 (Cairns, Francome, George Murrain) Foxhole reserves 5 (Hawken x2, Andrews, James, Kerby)

Foxhole reserves: Daniel Allen, Josh Andrews, Jake Couch, Caleb Hawken, Kyle Hughes, Richard James, Steve Kellow, Adam Kerby, Matthew Lean, Stewart May, Callan Rundle. Subs: Jeremy Pascoe, Phil Hutchings.

Lifton: David Andrew, Liam Cairns, Joshua Chalk, Wayne Francome, Dan Gregory, Cameron Heard, Jordan Mason, George Murrain, Jake Murrain, Sean Tucker, Cody Wilson. Subs: Lewis Coggins, Connor Everitt, Jordan Karkeek, Jacob Todd.

Many thanks to referee Nigel Colwill.

Boscastle 2 Losty 1

Another day another defeat. We worked tirelessly but a lack of confidence and conviction in both boxes cost us again today. A big thank you to Boscastle for providing us with a linesman as we only had 11 players and both of our supporters were unable to make the trip. If we can stick together and work as hard as we did today next week we may gain a point or matbe 3 to almost double our points to 7. 

Harlem Globetrotters 3-1 North Petherwin 

a tough trip today for North Petherwin with a scratch side with 7 out unavailable/injured we turn up at Foxhole with 12 the lads did me proud worked hard and desereved at least a draw with top of the table Foxhole. Game started fast and with Foxhole on top and moving the ball well they take the lead after 5 mins with a long cross from there left and a leaping header back across goal into the top corner good team goal and movement second goal comes from soft defending and 2 nil 15 minutes in! Maybe in the the team talk I bigged them up too much and for our lads to show them too much respect we didn’t anticipate there shape they changed formation compared to many of our previous matches but we dusted ourselves off and got stuck in worked hard as a team and scored a decent team goal to make it 2-1 half way through the first half chances come and went and the better ones for North Petherwin a cracking corner was headed home by Petherwin and away celebrating the ref decided to disallow what looked to be a perfectly good goal no cry’s or claims from Foxhole but only the ref saw this one!  A fantastic end to end battle second half with very few clear cut chances and the game going to the wire with a counter attack saw the foxes and griffin with a fantastic smashed home finish across the goal into the bottom corner less than 10 minutes from time! Petherwin continued to fight for every opportunity but it finished  3-1 a very good advert for duchy football played in good spirit well reffed only issue all game was the embarrassment of the Foxhole number 14 or should I say st Dennis first teamer diving more than Tom Daley such a shame an idiot like him can ruin a good club trying to better them selves I wish you all the best for the season and your cup semi final! My only advice Whetts and Shaun some lads don’t like your all star stand ins good lads like ryan whilkens  and rich griffin are what local footballs about not brining in a few ringers to win a few pots many thanks for your hospitality and all the best 

2 hours ago, Woy_Hodgson said:

Gorran - 2 

Tintagel (who had 3 sent off) - 1

Starting to wonder if Tintagel have something in for us. Or do they behave like a bunch of reprobates on day release against everyone? 

Yes 3 sent off 2 for asking the ref a question a one after your keeper rugby tackled one of our players to the floor then punched him then went he got up one of ur players punched him in the back of the head he retaliated yes which is wrong plz explain how ur keeper and the other player wasnt sent off for this 

3 hours ago, Woy_Hodgson said:

Gorran - 2 

Starting to wonder if Tintagel have something in for us. Or do they behave like a bunch of reprobates on day release against everyone? 

3 hours ago, Woy_Hodgson said:

Gorran - 2 

This is the goalkeeper(wrighty)I have never felt like I have needed to react to a post on this forum, however I feel the overwhelming  need to defend our ‘strong’ team.

When we have played any of the other teams they will know they are going to get a full on good game of hard football. I sat with your team in the pub and your players said ‘ we all know we when we play you lot we’ll wake up with bruises in morning ‘

Personally I feel the ‘reprobates ‘ comment is  a bit harsh!

Our team felt like you were all having  a good laugh with the ref and we’re on first names terms.

Never mind these things happen and yes it’s a Saturday day release, don’t you get out much??.

Maybe I shouldn’t mention your players getting sent of? 

3 hours ago, Tintagel said:

Yes 3 sent off 2 for asking the ref a question a one after your keeper rugby tackled one of our players to the floor then punched him then went he got up one of ur players punched him in the back of the head he retaliated yes which is wrong plz explain how ur keeper and the other player wasnt sent off for this 

Full stops don’t cost anything

1 minute ago, Woy_Hodgson said:

Full stops don’t cost anything

Thank you for your kind words,yesterday was my most enjoyable game as a manager,the season has been up and down ,but the last 6 games have been a pleasure to watch,I think everyone will be staying for the foreseeable future as they can see what we are doing,hopefully add 3 or 4 more and I will be more than happy,thanks to Tania and the staff at the Godolphin for the food and hospitality 

On 23/03/2019 at 19:51, ChiefBadgers said:

a tough trip today for North Petherwin with a scratch side with 7 out unavailable/injured we turn up at Foxhole with 12 the lads did me proud worked hard and desereved at least a draw with top of the table Foxhole. Game started fast and with Foxhole on top and moving the ball well they take the lead after 5 mins with a long cross from there left and a leaping header back across goal into the top corner good team goal and movement second goal comes from soft defending and 2 nil 15 minutes in! Maybe in the the team talk I bigged them up too much and for our lads to show them too much respect we didn’t anticipate there shape they changed formation compared to many of our previous matches but we dusted ourselves off and got stuck in worked hard as a team and scored a decent team goal to make it 2-1 half way through the first half chances come and went and the better ones for North Petherwin a cracking corner was headed home by Petherwin and away celebrating the ref decided to disallow what looked to be a perfectly good goal no cry’s or claims from Foxhole but only the ref saw this one!  A fantastic end to end battle second half with very few clear cut chances and the game going to the wire with a counter attack saw the foxes and griffin with a fantastic smashed home finish across the goal into the bottom corner less than 10 minutes from time! Petherwin continued to fight for every opportunity but it finished  3-1 a very good advert for duchy football played in good spirit well reffed only issue all game was the embarrassment of the Foxhole number 14 or should I say st Dennis first teamer diving more than Tom Daley such a shame an idiot like him can ruin a good club trying to better them selves I wish you all the best for the season and your cup semi final! My only advice Whetts and Shaun some lads don’t like your all star stand ins good lads like ryan whilkens  and rich griffin are what local footballs about not brining in a few ringers to win a few pots many thanks for your hospitality and all the best 

Harlem Globetrotters :lol::lol::lol:

On 23/03/2019 at 19:51, ChiefBadgers said:

Unfortunately number 14 (Callum kenny I believe) felt he was too good for duchy football and didn’t have to shake the oppositions hand after the game. One the day was probably foxholes weakest player. Good luck in your junior cup game Wednesday