Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday 23rd March 2019

At the time of posting this, the donation fund to keep this forum going was standing at £517 of the £780 goal required, with 9 days left to reach the target. However, only 53 people had chipped in!

There were 1,205 views of the Trelawny Results thread last week. Come on guys, please just a £1 from each of you will be more than sufficient! Beware though as the minimum is £5 and so perhaps you can get together with others.

Do it now while you think about it : https://www.gofundme.com/cornwall-football-forum-2019

THE WHIRLWIND SPORTS TRELAWNY LEAGUE
PREMIER DIVISION
Illogan RBL Res    1-0    Mawnan
Penryn Ath Res    9-2    Troon
Penwith Exiles    3-1    Holman Sports Club
St Buryan    3-1    Camborne School Of Mines (Double header 2 x 60 min matches)
Camborne SoM    0-1 St Buryan 
St Day Reserves    1-1    Halsetown

DIVISION 1
Goonhavern Ath    7-0    Constantine
Lanner        6-1    RNAS Culdrose Reserves
Mawnan Res    H/W    Hayle Reserves
Newlyn Non-Athletico 5-1     St Keverne
Probus        0-4    Rosudgeon
Threemilestone    4-1    Perranporth Reserves

DIVISION 2
Four Lanes    0-3    Ludgvan Reserves
Redruth Utd Res    3-5    Illogan RBL Thirds
Ruan Minor    4-2    Frogpool & Cusgarne
St Day Thirds    3-4    Mullion Reserves
St Ives Mariners    4-1    Falmouth Town Thirds
West Cornwall    3-0    Gwinear Churchtown

DIVISION 3
Rosudgeon Res    7-1    St Agnes Thirds
St Buryan Res    1-4    Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves
St Just Reserves    5-5    Holman Sports Club Reserves
Troon        0-5    Praze
Wendron Utd 4ths 0-6    St Erme         

DIVISION 4
Constantine Res    1-2    Chacewater
Lizard Argyle Res    0-0    Falmouth United
Marazion    3-2    New Inn Titans Reserves
Stithians Reserves 0-6    Tregony

Sat and watched a scrappy one at Marazion today with Zion eventually winning 3-2 after being 2-0 up at half time. Got to say had Pete Norfolk not been in the Titans Reserves team they would've had no goal threat at all. He scored both and had one disallowed for offside. He probably had 90% of their chances. Their no 18 missed two absolute sitters that my 4 year old could've put away but Zion hung in for the win in the end

Mariners 4 fal Town 1.Good game on a bubbly pitch and well reffed by adam batchelor.Stuart lugg with his 2nd hattrick in 3 games and long range strike from doug gammons,credit to falmouth never gave up kept playing and got a deserved late goal! thanks for coming back to the pub.All the best !!

3 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Mawnan v Hayle in Div One has just been called off as Hayle can't raise a side. No Third team game either which is worrying for Hayle. 

Would have been nice to know earlier.  Nets up, players changed amd warmed up, ref there, food ready to go, 1 Hayle players there to play.   Then rumours they weren't coming, confirmed at 2.25!

Also out of pocket- does any of the fine go to the affected club?

1 hour ago, Simon2389 said:

Sat and watched a scrappy one at Marazion today with Zion eventually winning 3-2 after being 2-0 up at half time. Got to say had Pete Norfolk not been in the Titans Reserves team they would've had no goal threat at all. He scored both and had one disallowed for offside. He probably had 90% of their chances. Their no 18 missed two absolute sitters that my 4 year old could've put away but Zion hung in for the win in the end

Wouldnt say i had 90 % of the chances .. was a good team effort to get ourselves bk into the game and feel disappointed not to get anything from the game .. well done to marazion and good luck for the rest of the season

Ruan Minor 4-2 Frogpool & Cusgarne

Better side on the day with the three points that should see them to a well earned title. They’re still undefeated so no complaints from our end. We weren’t at our best, but we did have some solid performances. Still very much feeling positive going into the junior cup game Tuesday.

Our goals from Jack Froud and Tom Campbell - penalty. 

34 minutes ago, Penryn res said:

Penryn 9 - 2 Troon 

execllent from Penryn even resting captain Paul Hart, dropping top goal scorer Liam Dent and Steve Owen to the bench after both missing Tuesdays win!

goals scorers -

keir Dent x1

jason Roberts x3

lewis Pellow x1

Liam Dent x2

Glen Jeffery x1

OG x1

Paul Hart don't need to rest, needs to keep playing so he can keep his weight down.😁

Stithians 0 Tregony 6 

A convincing win for Tregony which I think?confirms runners up.

We scored some good goals passed the ball well at times some bickering between the sides with varying interpretations about how to tackle.There was some shocking tackles.

Went back to the pub at stithians had a couple of drinks didn’t see stithians and no food

5 hours ago, #coys said:

EThreemilestone 4-1 Perranporth Res 

Joel Snape

Tom Goodman

Chris Shackley

Young boy knibb reffing did superbly again. I've seen him 3 times this season and all 3 games his reffed fantastically. 

Cracking win for Threemilestone today against their title challengers.

Hopefully 3 wins from their last 4 games should see them win the div 1 title and a return to the premier division next season. Well done Jp, kempy and the players.👍

Div 3

Troon 2s 0-5 Praze

Exactly the same game as the two sides last met, praze having 90% of the play, the final score should have been 25-0 but chances were not taken. Great game for praze, a definite confidence booster heading into next week, two more wins and the canaries will be division 3 champions! 

Trelawney Division 1

Threemilestone (Snape x2, Goodman, Shackley)4-1 Perranporth Reserves 

The 2 favourites for the league met at Boscowan Park, with top of the table Tms 1 point ahead of Perranporth, with both clubs playing the same amount of games. The stones started brightly & after dominating possession won a penalty after 10 minutes when Tom Quinn was hauled down in the box, off the ball, from a free kick. Joel Snape made no mistake from the spot to put Tms in to a deserved lead. After another 10 mins of Threemilestone domination, Perranporth came back into the the game to make for a competitive 1st half, with plenty of hard tackles but both teams playing the right way. Tms thought they had made it 2 after Glen Patterson fired a header into the top corner from a corner, only for the ref to disallow it, saying he wasn't ready as he was busy explaining to a tms player why he gave a corner instead of a penalty.  With 5 mins to go before the break, Perranporth equalised when Brendon Hitchens got on the end of a through ball to beautifully chip the ball past the tms keep on the volley. With 1 minute to go Tms won another corner which Patterson connected with a flick on allowing Tom Goodman to fire in from a few yards out. The 2nd half was more 1 sided than the 1st with the stones in charge throughout. Midway through the half Snape doubled his tally from the spot after a handball from the Perranporth centre half. With 10 minutes to go tms completed the scoring when substitute Chris Shackley got in behind the perran back line & cooly clipped the ball past the Perran keeper. Stones could have made it more but for some poor finishing & great saves from the young keeper. Young referee ? Knibb reffed the game brilliantly, taking no nonsense from the experienced players & didn't get overawed by the size of the game. Best of luck to Perran for the remainder of the season. 

Mom Tom Quinn Tms

5 hours ago, Simon2389 said:

Couldn’t disagree with this post anymore Simon. I thought Titans were the better side all over the park. I don’t like to come on here and bash referees but You know when he apologies to you after the game he’s had a nightmare. Got 2 big decisions very wrong. Titans definitely didn’t take their chances however and should have comfortabley won this, Marazion didn’t offer much going forward their tactic seemed to be kick the opposition players as much as possible. As for the number 18 it’s his first game back after a serious injury so he can be forgiven, good luck for the remainder of the season . UTT

9 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Div 3

Troon 2s 0-5 Praze

Exactly the same game as the two sides last met, praze having 90% of the play, the final score should have been 25-0 but chances were not taken. Great game for praze, a definite confidence booster heading into next week, two more wins and the canaries will be division 3 champions! 

I very, very rarely come on here (first time post!) but had to say something today.

I completely agree that Praze dominated and were deserved winners, against our bare 11 plus a 45 minute cameo from the manager (who hasn’t played since dislocating a shoulder against you before Xmas), but I think your post shows a slight lack of class - which is disappointing for a side who look odds on to be league champions.

You imply that you battered us the last time we met. Was that in that cup before Xmas, when you scraped by 3-1 playing against 10 men and eventually 9 men for most of the game? Or the reverse league fixture this season where you  LOST the game? In short:  don’t refer to previous fixtures if they are irrelevant.

To suggest you could have won 25-0 yesterday without mentioning the resistance the depleted opposition showed to keep the scoreline down, particularly their improvement in the second half where only one goal was conceded and they started playing forwards, is the classless part of your post for me. 

It is true that you had plenty of chances to score yesterday but it is disappointing that you have chosen to ignore the string of borderline world class saves the Troon keeper pulled off - great champions would surely acknowledge greatness like this when they see it ...and should perhaps be a little more humble with their football forum posts - at least until the title is actually won?

With the exception of one horrendous tackle towards the end of the game from a young Praze offender who would have done better to apologise to, instead of gobbing off at, the bloke whose ankle he could have just broken (which to be fair some of the senior Praze players pulled him up on) the game was played in good spirits (which was the main reason that said tackle was a yellow and not a red according to the ref) and was actually an enjoyable game to play in, despite the scoreline - this is perhaps reflective of us choosing to keep fighting throughout,  rather than lying down to be steam-rollered.

I also want to mention the Referee, Ken Keemer, who was excellent throughout. He controlled the game whilst letting it flow - you didn’t really know he was there (in a good way!) His decision on the colour of the only card shown on the day, and the way he handled the whole incident, was respected by everyone and showed the wisdom that comes from experience. 

And finally, if this font looks huge it’s because I’ve just pasted this text in from my phone - I’m not shouting! 😂

16 minutes ago, Mr M said:

I very, very rarely come on here (first time post!) but had to say something today.

I completely agree that Praze dominated and were deserved winners, against our bare 11 plus a 45 minute cameo from the manager (who hasn’t played since dislocating a shoulder against you before Xmas), but I think your post shows a slight lack of class - which is disappointing for a side who look odds on to be league champions.

You imply that you battered us the last time we met. Was that in that cup before Xmas, when you scraped by 3-1 playing against 10 men and eventually 9 men for most of the game? Or the reverse league fixture this season where you  LOST the game? In short:  don’t refer to previous fixtures if they are irrelevant.

To suggest you could have won 25-0 yesterday without mentioning the resistance the depleted opposition showed to keep the scoreline down, particularly their improvement in the second half where only one goal was conceded and they started playing forwards, is the classless part of your post for me. 

It is true that you had plenty of chances to score yesterday but it is disappointing that you have chosen to ignore the string of borderline world class saves the Troon keeper pulled off - great champions would surely acknowledge greatness like this when they see it ...and should perhaps be a little more humble with their football forum posts - at least until the title is actually won?

With the exception of one horrendous tackle towards the end of the game from a young Praze offender who would have done better to apologise to, instead of gobbing off at, the bloke whose ankle he could have just broken (which to be fair some of the senior Praze players pulled him up on) the game was played in good spirits (which was the only reason that said tackle was a yellow and not a red according to the ref) and was actually an enjoyable game to play in, despite the scoreline - this is perhaps reflective of us choosing to keep fighting throughout,  rather than lying down to be steam-rollered.

I also want to mention the Referee, Ken Keemer, who was excellent throughout. He controlled the game whilst letting it flow - you didn’t really know he was there (in a good way!) His decision on the colour of the only card shown on the day, and the way he handled the whole incident, was respected by everyone and showed the wisdom that comes from experience. 

And finally, if this font looks huge it’s because I’ve just pasted this text in from my phone - I’m not shouting! 😂

Just to throw it in the open, we beat you 3-0 in the game before xmas and I didn't play in the game at the start of the season, so I cannot comment on that. Your keeper 1000% kept the score line down, hell he even stopped my header from near enough point blank range, so yes failing to mention him showed how blunt I can be! The referee was very good to be honest, also worth a mention. 

Now with regards to our young lad will, it was a late tackle and to be fair and I may have been one of these senior players to pull him up on it.. he was wrong and he knows it, hes actually a sound person. 

I will give yourselves credit, you didn't roll over and kept battling which is commendable, we've played a few teams that have given up in the second half. 

Enjoy the rest of your season

16 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Just to throw it in the open, we beat you 3-0 in the game before xmas and I didn't play in the game at the start of the season, so I cannot comment on that. Your keeper 1000% kept the score line down, hell he even stopped my header from near enough point blank range, so yes failing to mention him showed how blunt I can be! The referee was very good to be honest, also worth a mention. 

Now with regards to our young lad will, it was a late tackle and to be fair and I may have been one of these senior players to pull him up on it.. he was wrong and he knows it, hes actually a sound person. 

I will give yourselves credit, you didn't roll over and kept battling which is commendable, we've played a few teams that have given up in the second half. 

Enjoy the rest of your season

Forgive me on the scoreline pre-Xmas - I was in hospital on strong painkillers by the time the game ended!

All the best for the title - if you win it you will deserve it. The table never lies!

I’m confused so did csom best st buryan over there double header

15 hours ago, Penryn res said:

Penryn 9 - 2 Troon 

execllent from Penryn even resting captain Paul Hart, dropping top goal scorer Liam Dent and Steve Owen to the bench after both missing Tuesdays win!

goals scorers -

keir Dent x1

jason Roberts x3

lewis Pellow x1

Liam Dent x2

Glen Jeffery x1

OG x1

Another worldly from glen Jeffery. Outstanding squad performance well done lads 

12 hours ago, Paul C said:

Couldn’t disagree with this post anymore Simon. I thought Titans were the better side all over the park. I don’t like to come on here and bash referees but You know when he apologies to you after the game he’s had a nightmare. Got 2 big decisions very wrong. Titans definitely didn’t take their chances however and should have comfortabley won this, Marazion didn’t offer much going forward their tactic seemed to be kick the opposition players as much as possible. As for the number 18 it’s his first game back after a serious injury so he can be forgiven, good luck for the remainder of the season . UTT

I never usually comment after a game but... 

I’m not going to comment on the decisions you are referencing too. However, I definitely didn’t apologise to anyone for any of my decisions and I don’t actually recall any of the Titans bench approaching me after the game at all. 

I let the game flow as much as possible and didn’t even show a card when I possibly could have got one or two of the challenges from both sides. 

On 24/03/2019 at 10:04, Manager. said:

F

On 24/03/2019 at 10:04, Manager. said:

C SM won both games , 3-1 and 1-0 gaining 3 points for EACH match .

On 24/03/2019 at 10:55, fal lad said:

I never usually comment after a game but... 

I’m not going to comment on the decisions you are referencing too. However, I definitely didn’t apologise to anyone for any of my decisions and I don’t actually recall any of the Titans bench approaching me after the game at all. 

I let the game flow as much as possible and didn’t even show a card when I possibly could have got one or two of the challenges from both sides. 

No point trying to justify your actions. The people writing these have already made their minds up and opinions on events. If you have any doubt on a decision after a game ring 1 of the senior lads who been doing it since the stone age. I often speak to luke wilkes about events and decisions ive made. If you know you did it right then happy days if ur thinking after did i make a mistake ask a fellow ref. This forum wont give u the answer you need. 

On 23/03/2019 at 22:42, Paul C said:

I suppose you've already signed up to do the next referee's course? 🤗