Cornwall Football Forum

SENIOR CUP SEMI FINAL - Tuesday 19 March 2019

1. What a great game of football i witnessed tonight in the Semi final of the Senior Cup my prediction went out of the window but St Austell played well and still lost 4-1 to a brilliant Falmouth display tonight .In the 1ST half St Austell played really but went 1-0 down to a brilliant header from Joe Cooper ,St Austell came back and equalised from a strange source ,defender Jack Calver with a rasping shot which took a wicked deflection to beat Falmouths keeper Ryan Barnes,  right on half time luke Brabyn, put Falmouth 2-1 up .2nd half was mostly Falmouth and they scored 2 more goals the 1st from Falmouth player for the night Jordan Annear, strange Plymouth Parkway risked him he was really good and tore St Austell apart bet they wished Parkway had a game this week then he would of played for them but Falmouth had ther tactics spot on and caught St Austell on the break time after time  and scored all there goals except the 1st one in similair way ,the 4th goal came courtesy of a Jack Calver who smashed the ball into his own goal trying to cut a cross out even if he didnt do that Jordan Annear standing behind him would certainly of scored .Ryan Barnes made some brilliant saves 1 a worldy but this was a great Falmouth team perfomance well done to the manager Andy Westgarth for getting his tactics spot on .Hard luck on St Austell tonight the twin strikers of Goldsworthy and Eddy where closely marked by the 2 Falmouth central defenders who i thought jOE COOPER the Falmouth captain was awesome and is my man of the match it was close between him and Jordan ANNEAR ,for St Austell for his 1st half display OLLIE BROCKENSHIRE ,.I thought ST austell ,needed the compative nature of MARTIN GILES he would of gave the team a a kick up the ass they needed  ,i thought Tom Chambers had a poor game tonight and hes usually really good but i think age is catching up  on him .Well done FALMOUTH may see you at Bodmin IN the Final hard luck  St Austell you played well it wasjust that Falmouth wanted this game more than you did .

Tactically brilliant from Westy & his players executed the game plan to a tee. St Austell having the majority of the ball but unable to find a way past Falmouths 2 outstanding centre halves Cooper & Ward, & when they won the ball, it was quickly moved into the area of Annear, up against 3 St’s Central defenders, none of which wanted to mark him, & with his willing work rate & incredible pace, he constantly caused problems, supported on either flank by Nixon & Brabyn . Falmouth looked like scoring every time they went forward & their work rate, especially without the ball, got them the result they deserved.

Well done Westy, Charlie & all at Falmouth Town & good luck in the final.  

Kev. 

10 hours ago, Plumb crazy said:

Where’s big al

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Well done Falmouth. Great result. Be a great shame not to see St.Auste££ at Priory Park on Easter Monday !! 

I

10 hours ago, Plumb crazy said:

Where’s big al

I am here!  Must admit did not see that coming, wish I went now!

Well done Falmouth. I  never expected that scoreline, and did wonder if they had scored too early. Fantastic  performance and a first Senior Cup final since the epic treble of 1997.

Great banter with the 4th official Mark Hosking. First getting told off by (presumably) a St Austell fan for standing in his way.  Then delaying the start of the second half but doing it all with a smile! Also the time a CCFA official kept him talking when a ball was needed! I was surprised that no bookings were made but no complaints from me.

13 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

The fa cannot count in any case!

I always wondered how the attendances would be worked out ? 

Is it just paying customers they count ? or do they include non paying guests too ( Fa presentatives, etc.. )  Maybe a simple head count 20 minutes into kick off would give a accurate number and probably boost the figures ( providing there’s only a few hundred to count!)