Cornwall Football Forum

Official Supporters Club

After a EGM , called by the Official Supporters Club,last night,after the annoucement of the change of owners at Truro City.

It looks like the group ,was a shambles,and have called it a day,and are now seeking talks with another Supporters Group,to try and move forward under one banner.

Funny how this happens,as soon as the old regime announces,they have sold the Club.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE.

There was a meeting last night between representitives of the disbanded Truro City Supporters Club and TISA.

Discussions were about the possibility of forming one supporters group.

A OPEN MEETING for all  Truro supporters,is planned for Thursday 25th April 7:00 at the Central Bar in Truro.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

UPDATE.

There was a meeting last night between representitives of the disbanded Truro City Supporters Club and TISA.

Discussions were about the possibility of forming one supporters group.

A OPEN MEETING for all  Truro supporters,is planned for Thursday 25th April 7:00 at the Central Bar in Truro.

What all ten of them?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/04/2019 at 20:24, somersetspur said:

There was a  successful,open meeting,last night for all Truro supporters. Representives of Supporters Direct and the FSO,were in attendence to offer advice for the way forward. A  positive vote,was achieved for the formation of a Supporters Trust.

What happened to the FSF David (Somersetspur)? - I understand they were going to attend.

23 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Unfortunately couldn’t make Thursday’s meeting, but what’s the advantage or aim of being a ‘Supporters Trust’ in preference  to say a ‘Supporters Group’ or ‘Supporters Club’?

24 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Unfortunately couldn’t make Thursday’s meeting, but what’s the advantage or aim of being a ‘Supporters Trust’ in preference  to say a ‘Supporters Group’ or ‘Supporters Club’?

Sorry David - I was responding to Somersetspur David. I will attempt to be clearer in future.

3 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

What happened to the FSF David (Somersetspur)? - I understand they were going to attend.

Sorry Ivor,they were in attendence.

A Steering Committee ,which consists of 3 Supporters Club representatives,and 3 TISA Committee members,have been set up to work with the Official Organisations, to prepare for the formation of a Supporters Trust. 

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Sorry Ivor,they were in attendence.

A Steering Committee ,which consists of 3 Supporters Club representatives,and 3 TISA Committee members,have been set up to work with the Official Organisations, to prepare for the formation of a Supporters Trust. 

David, I was having a smile moment with you FSF - Football Supporters Federation as opposed to FSO ??

I knew what you mean't.

With you one of the leading lights is that the end of those Tottenham ventures up north.👺

3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

A trust...sounds like they want some form of financial support. 

I have always understood a trust to be a supporters group totally committed to the club and it's long term welfare.