Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League & Cups - Saturday 16 March 2019

We had almost 1000 viewings on last week’s Duchy thread.

Just a quid will save this forum for another year.

Just click on this link:-https://www.gofundme.com/cornwall-football-forum-2019

DUCHY LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

Foxhole Stars 9-1 Boscastle

Lostwithiel 3-6 Sticker Reserves

St Mawgan 2-0 St Dennis Reserves

St Newlyn East 1-1 Gerrans & St Mawes Utd

Torpoint Athletic 3rd Team P-P Godolphin Atlantic Reserves

DIVISION 1

Gunnislake 4-2 Tregrehan Mills

Holywell And Cubert 23-1 North Hill

Saltash United 3rds 2-1 Stoke Climsland

St Cleer 3-0 St Dominick

DIVISION 2

Altarnun 13-1 Grampound

Lamerton Community 8-2 Gorran

St Columb Major 0-6 Tintagel

St Minver Reserves P-P Foxhole Stars Reserves

DIVISION 3

St Eval Spitfires 1-3 Southgate Seniors

St Stephen Reserves 0-5 Polperro Reserves

DIVISION 4

Boscastle Reserves 4-1 St Cleer Reserves

Bude Town Reserves 1-0 Nanpean Rovers

Lifton 2nds 3-1 Newmoor Rovers

North Petherwin Reserves 4-1 Delabole United

Week St Mary 8-2 St Mawgan Reserves

SHOE BOY DUCHY LEAGUE CUP, Quarter Final

Dobwalls Reserves 1-0 Mevagissey Reserves

KMD DEVELOPMENTS KNOCKOUT CUP, Quarter Final

Lanivet Inn 0-6 Veryan

3 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

unplayable ?  is something occurring at Horson Luke? is it going to be out of bounds for a while ?

The council have stated that they were unable to cut and line the surface this week, although they have been asked for the past 2 weeks. The surface itself is ok(ish), I ran up there Monday and the grass was far too long, meaning I couldn't see any lines. I'd like to think it can get back to a playable state in the coming weeks as our 4ths have restarted their games.

The biggest issue with the pitch is that it's a public field that dogs etc are walked on. Kids use the pitch to play and train as well, we have tried asking them to use the 2nd pitch to keep the top pitch in the best condition possible.

Shoe Boy League Cup

Dobwalls 1 - 0 Mevagissey

Dobwalls booked themselves a semi-final tie against local rivals Polperro with this narrow victory at Lantoom. Yet another Saturday when good football was bound to be in short supply but it was an evenly balanced game with plenty of spirit and honest endeavour. Dobwalls had the edge in the first half and deserved to be leading at half time but Meva definitely had most of the play after the break, they just didn't really create any decent chances. 

Saturday 16th March 2019
Foxhole 9 (Bould 2, 34, 44, Reed-Bennett 13, 27, Gilbert 23, 46, Barnacle 87, Aiden Dingle 90) Boscastle 1 (Shaw 78)

It's been another upsetting week. My cousin drowned after falling into a huge vat of whisky. The coroner said he'd have died a lot sooner if he hadn't kept climbing out to go to the toilet. I haven't been well all week either and I've practically lived on the toilet. With no sign of an end to my discomfort, I eventually made an appointment with my doctor on Thursday, and soon got chatting to a bloke in the waiting room who had a carrot stuck up his nose and a banana in his left ear. Apparently he hadn't been eating properly. 

My doctor diagnosed me with a particularly virulent strain of diarrhoea, "one of the worst I've ever seen", he said, which made me feel rather proud. He prescribed some bright orange tablets, saying I had to take one every day for the rest of my life, which worries me as there were only eight in the packet. He told me not to worry if I started walking like a crab, as this was only a side effect, before he really scared me by asking if I was an organ donor. I said I'd once given an old piano to the Salvation Army; shortly afterwards I had to rush out to make urgent use of the surgery's washroom facilities.

It wasn't going to prevent me braving the gale, though, and it was worth the effort as, despite playing into the elements, Foxhole were six up by half time against depleted opponents. Bould opened the scoring from close range after 75 seconds following good work from Barnacle and Gilbert, before Barnacle again displayed his undoubted creative ability to release Reed-Bennett to fire past line-bound stand-in keeper Shaw. Gilbert made it 3-0 turning home Bould's mis-hit shot at the far post before Reed-Bennett struck a beauty from twenty-five yards. There was still time for Bould to complete his hat-trick prior to the break, first by rounding Shaw to tap in and then by converting another Gilbert assist. 

Within 40 seconds of the restart Gilbert had doubled his tally, capitalising on more generous defending. However Foxhole rather let Boscastle off the hook with some sloppiness which may be decisive if repeated in the upcoming crucial games, and allowed Shaw, by now in his favoured midfield role, to notch a consolation following a fumble by Lake. Jolted into action, the Foxes managed to find the net twice more at the death, Barnacle running through to slot past the advancing replacement keeper and then Aiden Dingle bundling in from three yards after older brother Jowan had pulled back a deep corner from the excellent Papaioannou.

At last feeling able to keep some food down, I decided to try a new chip shop in St Austell for tea. My fragile mood after such an unsettling week was further aggravated, though, by the purchase of arguably the world's smallest ever portion of cod and chips. 
"Do your fish get any bigger?" I asked the greasy youth clumsily wrapping my meal in a copy of the Daily Star. 
"No", he lisped through yellowing teeth. "They're all dead".

Well played the super Foxes and best of luck to Boscastle for the remainder of the season. Many thanks to Bob Steggles, Gary Sleep and Ian Osborne.

Foxhole (4-4-2): Anton Lake; Nathan Papaioannou, Chris Brown, Huw Morgan, Ryan Wilkins; Lee Reed-Bennett, Levi Kerrigan, Nathan Allen, Rory Barnacle; Benno Bould, Martin Gilbert. Subs: Jowan Dingle, Bradley Allen, Aiden Dingle.

Boscastle: Cameron Barrett, Jonny Brewer, Dan Capstick, Sam Haddy, Martin Heal, Robert Heal, Matthew Pethick, Daniel Piper, Jack Shaw, Jordan Sleep, Jacob Williams. Sub: Aidan Hewitt.

6 hours ago, jaythekeeper said:

Holywell & Cubert 23 - 1 North Hill

Big props to North Hill who turned up with 10 men, then got an injury in the first half. They never gave up, and played football until the 90th minute. I sincerely hope they can make it till the end of the season and beyond, great bunch of lads.

Not the sort of scoreline any of us want to see really, well done North Hill, keep at it. 

North Petherwin Res 4-1 Delabole

Horrendous sideways-rainy conditions to try and play any sort of football but credit to both sides for trying to do just that. Petherwin took the lead thru a fortunate penalty by player/manager Darren Volz, but the visitors did have a good chance to equalize with 2, very nearly own goals, headers just evading the home goal. The lead was extended to 3 after half time with Volzy brace and a great strike form Chris Prettyjohn. Delabole then scored with a shot that squirmed under Kieran Stanbridge who tried in vain to hook it out before it crossed the line. A second for Pretttyjohn rounded up the match and all players were happy to get in out of the rain when Nigel Colwill blew the final whistle. My man of the match would've been Brandon Stott who kept pushing the Badgers on from a very muddy midfield.

losty 3 Sticker 6

I was unable to play today due to ill health but i went to watch. I had to leave at half time and we were 3 - 1 up thanks to goals fom Josh Cook, Jon Harris and Ryan Searle. Sadly Sticker scored 5 unanswered goals after I left. I had not seen that coming. I hope to be back for next weeks tricky trip to Boscastle when we will have to be at our best to get something from the game. 

St Eval Spitfires 1-3 Southgate Seniors

Horrendous conditions down St Eval but good spirit from both teams battling the conditions to get the game played. Southgate started the game very strong and pinned St Eval in their own half which was expected with the wind on our backs. Southgate winger Josh Barron opened the scoring with a tidy finish after some good link up play with striker Adam Scott, shortly after the restart Southgate pressed high and took advantage of a St Eval mistake which ended in Josh Barron cutting the ball across the box for winger Will Green to tap in to double the lead. The wind being a constant factor, corners were always going to be tricky in the first half for the St Eval defence and keeper. After dealing with many corners successfully, St Eval were unfortunate to concede an own goal after a corner whipped in by Josh Barron resulted in the keeper punching the ball into his own player and bouncing back into his own net, ending the first half St Eval 0-3 Southgate.

The wind now on St Evals back they came out strong in the first 15 mins of the second half and pushed Southgate back which resulted in another own goal from a corner but this time by a Southgate player to grab a goal back. Despite the wind being with St Eval, Southgate dug deep in the second half after conceding and dominated the game for the remainder, not allowing St Eval to create any clear chances the game finished St Eval 1-3 Southgate.

MOTM: Will Green

St Eval 1 (OG) - 3 Southgate (Barron, Green, OG)

Well done to the Southgate lads, big win and good luck to St Eval for the remainder of the season.