Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 16th March 2019

We had over 1000 viewings on last week’s Combo thread.

Just a quid will save this forum for another year.

Just click on this link:-https://www.gofundme.com/cornwall-football-forum-2019

Results for 
Saturday 16th March 2019 
Carharrack P-P Wendron United Reserves 
Falmouth Town Reserves (???) 1-1 St Just (???) 
Att - ???
Mullion (Tom Bryant, Archie Rutterford, Jack Price, lestyn Head) 4-2 Illogan RBL (Anton Oliver, Jack Adams)
Att - 25
Hayle (Laim Mooney) 1-0 Perranwell 
Att - 17
Penryn Athletic 0-0 St Ives Town 
Att - 48
Perranporth (Jakob Springall) 1-0 St Agnes 
Att - 60
RNAS Culdrose (Dan Quirke, Matt Bulcock) 2-5 St Day (Dan Richards 4, Jacob Cleverly) 
Att - 18

Supplementary Cup
Preliminary Round 
Lizard Argyle (Jared Lawrence 2, Tristan Hawkins, Jack Casley) 4-4 Helston Athletic Reserves (Craig Tanner, Jamie Thomson, Fraser Paterson, Gemel Mills)
5-6 pens 
Att - 30 
Porthleven Reserves 0-1 Redruth United (Andy Bishop)
Att - 15

Oh, that is disappointing news.It really does look like a battle for survival as a football club at the moment. What of the touchline gossip about players due to sign on from a local club? All complete tosh, I presume. I shan't go to watch a game this afternoon because of the ruddy wind. I like to watch a competitive match, not a lottery!

16 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Oh, that is disappointing news.It really does look like a battle for survival as a football club at the moment. What of the touchline gossip about players due to sign on from a local club? All complete tosh, I presume. I shan't go to watch a game this afternoon because of the ruddy wind. I like to watch a competitive match, not a lottery!

They have got player's who are going to help them but they are still playing for their junior club this weekend.

2 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

And just how many more weekends have the junior clubs got to play before their players are free to turn out for Carharrack (yes, I know "junior" is an old-school term, but bare with.....)?

Not great news especially with the costs of not fulfilling a fixture it will cripple them. Tms have 4 games left plus 2 cup finals if they win them so cant see them helping out much then next few weeks. 

You are kidding! Two hundred? Don't the League recognise that this is a sure way to cause a club in trouble to fold, but not only that, to saddle all club members with a bill that is due to circumstances beyond their control? I would have thought that the main aim of any League is to PROMOTE the playing of football, not hinder it!

It’s a sad state of affairs  if the league actuatlly enforces that level of fine , with the Combo losing one team already this season and quite a few other teams struggling to manage to field a full team let alone a full squad each week. It’s time For some common sense, yes penalise them with points but don’t cripple the club financially so they can’t rebuild.

Surely this is a time when the league & county FA must look at how they are going to engage with local clubs/communities/colleges/schools/youth projects  to enable recruitment of local players into local teams. I appreciate their FA seem to be struggling with the recruitment of ref’s, but just as importantly there definitely ain’t no games with no players ! 

Hayle 1 - Perranwell 0 - Wind 55+ - Rain 150 gallons (approx) in the second half. Lottery of a match, well done to both teams, the ref & Stevie on the Hayle line for managing to endure 90 mins in those conditions, well finished goal from a swirling high ball. Not much else to say, but definitely some of the worse conditions that all have ever had to play in! Good luck to Hayle for the rest of the season.

Portholeven res 0 Redruth United 1 aet 

blowing a gale from start to finish then we had driving rain for extra time. Both teams tried to play football and both goalkeepers played well without being overworked. We dominated the second half and missed a hatfull of chances and took the lead from A very good volley by Andy Bishop In the first period of extra time. Think over the course of the game we deserved the win and with all said and done both teams kept going to the final whistle. Towards the end of 90 minutes the port keeper made a great save from a George Haynes header right at the base of his left hand post. 15 hardy soles watching thanks to port for the food after

14 minutes ago, Andys said:

Hayle 1 - Perranwell 0 - Wind 55+ - Rain 150 gallons (approx) in the second half. Lottery of a match, well done to both teams, the ref & Stevie on the Hayle line for managing to endure 90 mins in those conditions, well finished goal from a swirling high ball. Not much else to say, but definitely some of the worse conditions that all have ever had to play in! Good luck to Hayle for the rest of the season.

Have you dried out yet 😄

Good to meet Andy again top club man .  Both teams played the conditions  well trying to play  the ball on the deck , well reffed  today by Liam Mankee , soaking went through lol , very sporting contest , well done to everyone  involved  Liam Mooney with the Hayle  goal , att 17 plus one four legged friend . Entertaining  game for the hardy souls who watched  today .

Good game down at penryn despite the conditions, both teams tried to play in on the deck, st Ives edged it on quality of play and chances but penryn keeper played well and saved a penalty, sensibly refereed by Jon green, nice bit of food afterwards which the st Ives lads all enjoyed....good luck to penryn for the rest of the season.....

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Bloody joke having to borrow players just to fulfill the fixtures !

Disagree  ! They have had a hard season with players leaving before a ball was kicked, and personal  issues as well , cut them some slack   hopefully  next season they can regroup  , it could happen  to any of our clubs at any time   .we have lost so many clubs from all  levels of local football ,  

4 minutes ago, roger moore said:

Good game down at penryn despite the conditions, both teams tried to play in on the deck, st Ives edged it on quality of play and chances but penryn keeper played well and saved a penalty, sensibly refereed by Jon green, nice bit of food afterwards which the st Ives lads all enjoyed....good luck to penryn for the rest of the season.....

Did they put on olders signature  dish of fag ash and chips 😈Roger   ?

31 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Good to meet Andy again top club man .  Both teams played the conditions  well trying to play  the ball on the deck , well reffed  today by Liam Mankee , soaking went through lol , very sporting contest , well done to everyone  involved  Liam Mooney with the Hayle  goal , att 17 plus one four legged friend . Entertaining  game for the hardy souls who watched  today .

Conditions were brutal, both teams deserve full credit for making it a decent contest. Some good football played by both sides. Ref was first class

3 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

Not great news especially with the costs of not fulfilling a fixture it will cripple them. Tms have 4 games left plus 2 cup finals if they win them so cant see them helping out much then next few weeks. 

Don't think TMS Res are playing next week so Carharrack should be ok.

1 hour ago, roger moore said:

Good too see that the st ives boys actually managed to stay behind after the game for a drink and the team food 

12 hours ago, roger moore said:

Certainly had the chips stevieb, nice bit of sausage and bacon in there somewhere as well....

Yes...I can confirm there was 6 packs of bacon in there and a touch of fag ash...lol

No funny haircuts, no diving either with St Ives playing really well and shutting us down we never got going today.

Impressive performance by them and we are happy to get a point out of that game.

If they play like that for the rest of the season they will cause a few problems for anyone.

Well played from me.

2 hours ago, willy7 said:

Don't think TMS Res are playing next week so Carharrack should be ok.

Unfortunately Alan, it's obviously a big struggle, having gained promotion, into combination, then have your entire squad ripped away, from you, must be hard work!

Players stepping up who obviously weren't ready for combo football.

By the looks of it, only have Richard doing all the donkey work Voluntary, without a structured backing like yourself and Joff do at St day, it's obviously taken its toll! 

Maybe lay off the piss taking bus, and think how your club, would feel in the same boat?

18 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Unfortunately Alan, it's obviously a big struggle, having gained promotion, into combination, then have your entire squad ripped away, from you, must be hard work!

Players stepping up who obviously weren't ready for combo football.

By the looks of it, only have Richard doing all the donkey work Voluntary, without a structured backing like yourself and Joff do at St day, it's obviously taken its toll! 

Maybe lay off the piss taking bus, and think how your club, would feel in the same boat?

I ain't piss taking Ralph, why don't you sign on and play for them.

It's the truth and glad they are helping them out.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yes...I can confirm there was 6 packs of bacon in there and a touch of fag ash...lol

No funny haircuts, no diving either with St Ives playing really well and shutting us down we never got going today.

Impressive performance by them today and we are happy to get a point out of that game.

If they play like that for the rest of the season they will cause a few problems for anyone.

Well played from me.

Fag Ash chips and bacon went down a storm. Thanks go out to St Ives for staying behind for a couple pints after the game. Best of luck to the St Ives lads for rest of the season. St Ives will cause a few upsets last few games im sure. 

13 hours ago, Andys said:

Going to be breezy up there this afternoon, anyone for airball?

Perhaps if it wasn’t for perranwell’s pitch being dodgy and having to reverse the game the breeze wouldn’t of been a problem. Rather than cry about the conditions at a club that can hold the game because you can’t,  be a bit more respectful! 

4 hours ago, potch said:

Perhaps if it wasn’t for perranwell’s pitch being dodgy and having to reverse the game the breeze wouldn’t of been a problem. Rather than cry about the conditions at a club that can hold the game because you can’t,  be a bit more respectful! 

Don't know where you got the disrespect thing from, it was a comment about the weather conditions, which were clearly horrific everywhere from what people are saying, very grateful that we could reverse the fixture, Hayle pitch excellent as ever, look forward to welcoming you back to the Well in April, by which time we can hope for something better than monsoon conditions!

10 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Couldn't everyone come together and rearrange the Carharrack game for a Sunday? Might or might not be possible but as a suggestion to get the game played. And free up a referee too. You'd have to if it was a cup semi final!

Good idea Fanfare though the drawback is that it is a Saturday league.

12 minutes ago, potch said:

Goldeneye and Andy S. 

I apologise if I spoke out of turn. 

I was on a stag doo last night, stupidly read the forum when I got home and read the quote, took it in the wrong way. 

Thank you. 😀

No worries Potch, hope you've dried out both ways, my eyes are still sore from the second half rinsing!

12 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

Good idea Fanfare though the drawback is that it is a Saturday league.

The League Cup final is on a Sunday.

In the 80s teams played on Sundays to fit games in. If a willing opponent could be found, it could draw a good crowd?