DIVISION 4

St Cleer Reserves P-P Boscastle Reserves

Delabole United 0-7 Nanpean Rovers

St Ann's Chapel 3-3 North Petherwin Reserves

St Mawgan Reserves 1-3  Bude Town Reserves

Lostwithiel Reserves  4-3 Week St Mary

SHOE BOY DUCHY LEAGUE CUP, 2nd Round

Mevagissey Reserves 2-0 Lifton 2nds

Looking at it with a positive slant, probably because of the recent weather it was worth attempting . It’s just a little unfortunate the weather has now turned and I’m sure no doubt officials for the clubs and referee will make the appropriate decision. Still plenty of time in the season to postpone and play again.

I say well done the clubs for trying.

2 hours ago, Footballlover442 said:

2 games at lostwithial tommorow, pitch will be a mud bath after the first game, god knows how the 2nds will get their game played, game will be called off by half time for darkness as well. Poor decision to try and play two games in one day in march 😂

Well done the clubs for trying and still daylight at 5pm so plenty of time to get in. Second referee will decide if the Reserves play and tomorrow is supposed to be dry!!

Losty 0 St Mawgan 3

Great effort by us for 43mins as we held a top class Saints at bay until a defensive slip allowed Brett Prentice to smash home from 6 yards. A minute later a classy Luke Price goal put Saints 2 up at half time. We never really looked like scoring but kept working hard until another good finish from number 9 Clark after 80mins finished things off. We worked hard and if we can repeat todays effort we should pick up some points soon. St Mawgan will finish in the top 2 and their battle with Foxhole will go right to the wire. A mention for my old mate James Olsen who worked tirelessly in midfield using his football brain to regain possesion and start Saints attacks with clever passing. The young ref Sam made some mistakes and had to put up with a lot of hassle from most of the players today. Sam did however keep his calm and his sense of humour and comunicated well to all and did well to keep 22 players on the pitch and cautions to a minimum. I am sure he will learn a lot from today and I hope he continues to enjoy reffing and develops with time, well done Sam.

17 minutes ago, Billy Davies said:

Losty 0 St Mawgan 3

Great effort by us for 43mins as we held a top class Saints at bay until a defensive slip allowed Brett Prentice to smash home from 6 yards. A minute later a classy Luke Price goal put Saints 2 up at half time. We never really looked like scoring but kept working hard until another good finish from number 9 Clark after 80mins finished things off. We worked hard and if we can repeat todays effort we should pick up some points soon. St Mawgan will finish in the top 2 and their battle with Foxhole will go right to the wire. A mention for my old mate James Olsen who worked tirelessly in midfield using his football brain to regain possesion and start Saints attacks with clever passing. The young ref Sam made some mistakes and had to put up with a lot of hassle from most of the players today. Sam did however keep his calm and his sense of humour and comunicated well to all and did well to keep 22 players on the pitch and cautions to a minimum. I am sure he will learn a lot from today and I hope he continues to enjoy reffing and develops with time, well done Sam.

Thank you Billy. Reffing as most of my colleagues will back me up is that generally 22 men and two managers most of the time don't agree with what is given. Thought was a good game played on a heavy pitch that held up quite well. Felt i did well in some testing circumstances. All the best to both Lostwithiel and St Mawgan for the rest of the season.

37 minutes ago, One Size- Fitz Hall said:

Any more scores, I went to watch Foxhole v st Newlyn east. I have to say st Newlyn east we’re very unlucky to come up against a team full of ringers. 

37 minutes ago, One Size- Fitz Hall said:

Any more scores, I went to watch Foxhole v st Newlyn east. I have to say st Newlyn east we’re very unlucky to come up against a team full of ringers. 

Name the ringers then Callum kenny would of been 8 0 then and u can only play 2 senior players . Looking forward to see ur team full of ringers 😴 😴 😴 🛎 end

Saturday 8th March 2019

Foxhole 9 (Griffin 20, 41, 79, Kenny 31, Reed-Bennett 42, 51, 59, 76, Carhart 90) St Newlyn East 0

I got a new job this week. I'm now travelling around to all the local parks collecting any jumpers left behind. It's much  trickier than it sounds as they keep moving the goalposts. I need computer access for the work so you can imagine my dismay when I discovered earlier today that my PC wasn't working properly. The chap manning the helpline was really helpful though.
"Have you tried disabling cookies?" he asked me.
"Well I once bit the legs off a gingerbread man", I replied. Then he said I'd need a new password eight characters long,  so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. 

Just as I put the phone down, I happened to glance out of the kitchen window and was stunned to see a strange man walk furtively towards the top of my garden carrying a massive screwdriver. Incredulous, I watched him unscrew the gate at the end of the path, tuck it under his arm and then walk back down again. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but I didn't like to say anything in case he took offence. All this put me in a panic that I may miss the kick off. I could have done without the stress to be honest as it's exactly ten years since the death of my father. Actually I wasn't particularly close to him when he died, which is just as well because he trod on a landmine. 

I needn't have worried as I arrived in time to see a fantastic display from the super Foxes. Griffin opened the scoring with a fine header to convert Bradley Allen's centre before the impressive Kenny, in for the unavailable Bould, doubled the lead with a stunning strike from 25 yards. Griffin made it 3-0 cleverly slotting past the onrushing keeper before, within seconds, Reed-Bennett converted the first of his four successive goals from an acute angle.

The Foxhole skipper's strong running was a constant threat to an over-worked Newlyn rearguard and, after being fouled outside the box, Reed-Bennett floated home a brilliant free-kick. Just before the hour he completed a magnificent hat-trick by latching on to Gilbert's astute assist, and then he outjumped taller defenders to nod home from close-range following superb work from the effervescent Griffin.  A switch to 4-3-3 to accommodate the attacking Foxhole substitutes left sufficient unoccupied space in midfield for Newlyn to create a couple of chances which were competently dealt with by the hitherto under-employed Bullen, but it also ensured that the home team would continue their rampage and they looked capable of scoring every time they ventured into the visitors' half. Griffin's excellent anticipation saw him arrive first to blast in the rebound for his hat-trick after Brown's right-footed thunderbolt had struck a post, before Carhart marked his debut with a header from the seemingly unstoppable Reed-Bennett's inswinging corner.

Sorry for the shortened report this week but I'm off to see the Pretenders in concert down Foxhole club. Really hope it's not a tribute act.

Many thanks to stand-in referee Ian Osborne, and to Aydan Rundle and the Newlyn lino.

Foxhole (4-4-2): Matt Bullen; Nathan Papaioannou, Chris Brown, Huw Morgan, Lee Whetter; Bradley Allen, Lee Reed-Bennett, Levi Kerrigan, Nathan Allen; Richard Griffin, Callum Kenny. Subs: Ryan Wilkins, Rory Barnacle, Martin Gilbert, Leighton Carhart.

St Newlyn East: Ian Brooks, Elliott Dodd, Steven Harris, Samuel Lawrence, Ross London, Brodie Mitchell, Harry Mugford, William Perry, Ryan Pooley, Elliot Powell, Jack Thompson. Subs: Chris Ballett, Chris Hall, Martyn Probert, Aaron Thompson.

Grampound 2 (Fox, Reis) Foxhole Reserves 5 (James x2, Hawken, Hughes, Andrews)

Foxhole: Daniel Allen, Jake Couch, Caleb Hawken, Richard James, Steven Kellow, Adam Kerby, Matthew Lean, Jay Manning, Stewart May, Jamie Robinson, Callan Rundle. Subs: Josh Andrews, Kyle Hughes, Shane Kibell, Brian Paull.

Grampound: Rui Almeida, George Bolt, Matthew Fletcher, Dylan Fox, Francisco Goncalves, Diogo Andre Rei, Matthew Skews, Sam Triggs, Mark Wherry, Aymer Wilson, Julian Woodman. Sub: Dan Stephens.

Many thanks to Alan Howells.

St Breward 3-2 Tregrehan Mills.

Duchy Division 1. 

I haven't posted on here in ages as I upset a few folk last time.

However, my ECFL match was cancelled and I got a call at 11am to ref this match.

Both sides had recently been unhappy with my decision making, in separate instances, and I had had a lot of reports to write. So I sharpened my pencil before I got out of the car..........

And I thought I knew this game by now !

What a superb display of fitness and skill from both teams who played attacking football on a difficult surface. 

Both goalkeepers were busy and nobody could catch up with the speedy No17 from Tregrehan Mills, including myself.

10 out of 10 to both Assistant Referees who made unpopular decisions and supported me well.

The point that I would like to make is that it took over 80 minutes before I received a single word of dissent and the individual was quick to apologise. No sin bins required.

The same incident resulted in some push and shove which ended up with the only yellow card of the match.

This is a credit to Duchy League football and the pace and quality was beyond what I would have expected in the higher leagues.

A cracking game of football.

Gerrans & St Mawes 0-2 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint XI: M.Westall, C.Westall, J.White, D.Rogers, C.Bays, L.Gibbons, S.Trethewey, T.Rowe, J.Hill, B.Robbins, Z.Rosen

Subs used: A.Richardson, S.Rosevear

Scorers: B.Robbins(pen), Z.Rosen

Torpoint travelled to deep Cornwall to look to get back to winning ways. With a few lads missing, Torpoint welcomed Jon Rosevear to the management set-up for the remainder of the season.

Opening the game playing down the slope (I love these lines...). Torpoint played some neat football. Stand out player of the first half was J.Hill from the left hand side. The hosts full back was unable to cope with his direct play and tenacious attitude. The opening goal actually came from the opposite flank. CB J.White, played a clever one-two with C.Westall, then another with Gibbons before continuing his run into the box where the marauding centre half was brought down. Without failure, Robbins fired home from the spot. Torpoint created numerous chances in the remainder of the half with Rosen and Rowe hitting the woodwork. 

With the 2nd half ensuing and the "they won't like defending the hill" shout coming from the hosts, Torpoint knew they'd have to remain resolute in the 2nd period. GSM pressured with longer balls into their firey No.7. Silly fouls allowed the hosts multiple opportunities to level the scoreline and almost did so as they hit the post directly from a corner. With some tactical changes, Torpoint aimed to sure up defensively whilst looking to counter. GSM were lucky not to concede a 2nd with S.Rosevear and Richardson testing from the bench. Torpoint soon found their 2nd with a deflected Trethewey shot falling to Rosen to slot in from a tightly contested position. The referee looked to the linesman who was happy for the goal to stand. From here, Torpoint were able to control the rest of the game at head home with the 3 points.

Good for us to get back to winning ways, I feel the scoreline could've been higher but some determined play from GSM kept the score down. I was saddened to see the abuse the home linesman received from a couple of his own players as our 2nd stood. No-one likes running the line but to be hammered by your own team mates can be a kick in the stomach. I thought the game was well managed by the referee, who I must say was an absolute man mountain (someone that could punch your soul out). All the best to GSM for the season, on to Godolphin for us next week 💛

On 09/03/2019 at 19:38, Leemccheese365 said:

Name the ringers then Callum kenny would of been 8 0 then and u can only play 2 senior players . Looking forward to see ur team full of ringers 😴 😴 😴 🛎 end

I understand where teams are coming from. I’ve watched you many times this season - fantastic team - my only problem is I dont recognise 2/3/4 of your players everyweeek because usually they play their football in different shirts for different teams.. senior ones usually. 

Dont take anything away, you’ve had a fantastic season so far, but just from one example.. I watched you play St Mawgan in the junior cup and you had two senior players that day (one of which never plays for you according to Fa full time) the following week they weren’t there and haven’t featured since.. that is called bringing in ringers. (Don’t be disheartened guys, they still weren’t the best team even with these players). 

On Saturday I watched the first half and yes.. it was your usual side.. but again there appeared to be another senior player making his first appearance.. what do you guys get out of that? You have fantastic players sat on the bench and you’re going well in league and cup, just believe in your own squad rather than relying on senior teams to get you through the season - I’d be  odd if they were taking my place! (14 players making no more than 2 appearances this season!) 

Don’t get me wrong, I watched the first half and it could have been 9-0 in one half without the seniors, but if you want to be a great duchy team then play with duchy players in my opinion. 

• Dave Deacon unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2019 at 19:10, No I in team said:

I understand where teams are coming from. I’ve watched you many times this season - fantastic team - my only problem is I dont recognise 2/3/4 of your players everyweeek because usually they play their football in different shirts for different teams.. senior ones usually. 

Dont take anything away, you’ve had a fantastic season so far, but just from one example.. I watched you play St Mawgan in the junior cup and you had two senior players that day (one of which never plays for you according to Fa full time) the following week they weren’t there and haven’t featured since.. that is called bringing in ringers. (Don’t be disheartened guys, they still weren’t the best team even with these players). 

On Saturday I watched the first half and yes.. it was your usual side.. but again there appeared to be another senior player making his first appearance.. what do you guys get out of that? You have fantastic players sat on the bench and you’re going well in league and cup, just believe in your own squad rather than relying on senior teams to get you through the season - I’d be odd if they were taking my place! (14 players making no more than 2 appearances this season!) 

Don’t get me wrong, I watched the first half and it could have been 9-0 in one half without the seniors, but if you want to be a great duchy team then play with duchy players in my opinion. 

Money talks

On 11/03/2019 at 19:10, No I in team said:

On Saturday I watched the first half and yes.. it was your usual side.. but again there appeared to be another senior player making his first appearance.. what do you guys get out of that? You have fantastic players sat on the bench and you’re going well in league and cup, just believe in your own squad rather than relying on senior teams to get you through the season - I’d be odd if they were taking my place! (14 players making no more than 2 appearances this season!) 

U can only play 2 seniors in any 1 game so 3 or 4 😴 and Adain dingle  has played 8/9 games for us and Callum 3/4 . Played against team this season with  plenty of seniors hey DAVE GROSE just threw away a 3 0 half time lead to lose 5 3 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 just worry about ur own team I’ll worry about mine 👍👍👍👍👍

On 28/03/2019 at 15:39, Leemccheese365 said:

U can only play 2 seniors in any 1 game so 3 or 4 😴 and Adain dingle  has played 8/9 games for us and Callum 3/4 . Played against team this season with  plenty of seniors hey DAVE GROSE just threw away a 3 0 half time lead to lose 5 3 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 just worry about ur own team I’ll worry about mine 👍👍👍👍👍

Last 20 mins actually Lee,till u bought the big guns then we came unstuck but I'm not complaining if u feel the need to cheat to win then so be it lol looking forward to the junior cup final,I'll be there supporting the foxes!