Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Friday 8 March 2019

Looks like the Devon FA were concerned about not wasting the spectators time and money!

With plenty of opportunities to fit the game in yet, don’t see any major problems with this early announced decision. 

POSTPONED 😢

Following a pitch inspection tonight’s SWPL game between Argyle and Tavistock has been postponed. 

We feel that it’s unfair to allow everyone to travel down to Coach Road with the possibility that the game could be called off at a later time.”

45 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Looks like the Devon FA were concerned about not wasting the spectators time and money!

With plenty of opportunities to fit the game in yet, don’t see any major problems with this early announced decision. 

POSTPONED 😢

Following a pitch inspection tonight’s SWPL game between Argyle and Tavistock has been postponed. 

We feel that it’s unfair to allow everyone to travel down to Coach Road with the possibility that the game could be called off at a later time.”

The postponement was not announced till both teams were en route to the game., which itself was farcical. The second thing was the actual protocol to cancel this league game was not followed either... This whole situation was farcical beyond belief... 

Afraid it comes with the territory of how the standard of local football now is. 

I was over at Newquay last night finishing up from a little ' private ' job & saw the floodlights on at Mt.Wise, I travelled up noticed their was a game on .... Newquay First team Vs Newquay Second team, complete farce about 9 leagues between the two sides & obviously the 'firsts' won the match & after were strolling around like they were World Cup Winners, when in truth they just beat a team full of young teenagers & overweight old men 🙄

Standards ?!?  

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Afraid it comes with the territory of how the standard of local football now is. 

I was over at Newquay last night finishing up from a little ' private ' job & saw the floodlights on at Mt.Wise, I travelled up noticed their was a game on .... Newquay First team Vs Newquay Second team, complete farce about 9 leagues between the two sides & obviously the 'firsts' won the match & after were strolling around like they were World Cup Winners, when in truth they just beat a team full of young teenagers & overweight old men 🙄

Standards ?!?  

What a bitter stupid comment. I would be more worried about that crock of rubbish u follow

1 hour ago, herbie777 said:
13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

when in truth they just beat a team full of young teenagers & overweight old men 🙄

Standards ?!?  

What a bitter stupid comment. I would be more worried about that crock of rubbish u follow

Thought that was who he was talking about ?

20 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Why does anyone bother replying to it? We all know it’s usually utter crap so just ignore it and it might go away........hopefully! Big Al talks rubbish most of the time but at least he donated £20 to the forum fund! 

Have you donated ?