Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results - 19/01/08

MINING 1

Threemilestone 3 - 1 Holmans 3rds

Good game played in the right spirit with 3 goals settling the fixture in the last 15min of the 1st half Holmans came out strong in the 2nd half to gain a consolation goal from Tony Eddy however TMS held out and had chances of their own and after 90min took the 3 points and with portreath not playing find themselves top of mining 1

Mining 3

Portreath 2 Pendean 3

Good spirited game Portreath had a lot of the game but didn't take their chances. Pendean tackle well and finished their chances well on the breaks. Some real good saves by both keepers but the best was by Pendean's keeper near the end to help to give them the win. Big thanks to Pendean for the food sorry for the poor turnout in the club house from us. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Arthur Pearce Cup

Trispen 2, Mousehole 1.

Division 1.

Illogan v Halsetown -OFF-

Redruth v Gulval -OFF-

Robartes v Troon -OFF-

St Just 4, Gwinear 2.

Spice of Life v Goonhavern -OFF-

Storm v St Ives -OFF-

Threemilestone 3, Holmans 1. :thumbsup:

Trevenson v Portreath -OFF-

Division 2.

Goonhavern v Ludgvan -OFF-

Halsetown 0, Sennen 5.

Madron v Four Lanes -OFF-

Mt Ambrose v New Park Rgs -OFF-

St Agnes 0, C.S.M. 2.

St Buryan 2, Illogan 0.

Division 3.

Cornish New Boys v St Buryan -OFF-

Crown Inn Glory v Storm -OFF-

Gulval 1, Madron 2.

Pendeen 3, Portreath 2.

Redruth v St Ives Mariners -OFF-

Titans v Newlyn -OFF-

Wendron v Threemilestone -OFF-

Result from this morning 20/1

Mining League Div 2

Marazion Res 2 SOM 3 h/t 2-2

Playing against the wind,School took the lead with a powerful shot only for Marazion to break away and lob the keeper for the equaliser.The home team made it two with a cool finish but the visitors,who are a good footballing side,equalised before half time.

Marazion,who are in the lower reaches of the league,created some very good chances in the second half but contrived to miss them or could not get past the School keeper.School scored the winner late in the game when a left wing attack was switched to the right and the forward scored from 8 yards.

School have only played 8 league games and are unbeaten so far,winning seven and drawing one.

Guest Sullivan

TMS 3 - 1 Holmans

TMS Scorers Sulli Gardner (2), Mark Taylor (1)

First half goals won us this game, we played below par second half but still got all the points. Portreath have been knocked off the top for the first time this season. Can TMS stay there?

tms no9 I wish I knew. We just are not playing as a team. We played better this week but know where near what we can do. As the manager I have to take full responsibility for this. Let’s hope I can turn it around and get something out of the season.

Mining League Div 2

School have only played 8 league games and are unbeaten so far,winning seven and drawing one.

No offence to players or officials at School of Mines, but isn't it about time that the league pointed out to them that there is a perfectly good SUNDAY football league running.

How come SOM are continually allowed to mess up the fixtures and cause a back log every year, asking teams to play on a Sunday or ending up having to fit in extra midweek fixtures at the end of the season.

We don't have a team in Div2 so it's not the end of the world but there is sod all on tele so I thought I'd have a rant.... :glare:

Guest mikethfc

Mining League Div 2

No offence to players or officials at School of Mines, but isn't it about time that the league pointed out to them that there is a perfectly good SUNDAY football league running.

How come SOM are continually allowed to mess up the fixtures and cause a back log every year, asking teams to play on a Sunday or ending up having to fit in extra midweek fixtures at the end of the season.

We don't have a team in Div2 so it's not the end of the world but there is sod all on tele so I thought I'd have a rant.... :glare:

basically mate its coz a lot of our players are University students and a lot of people dont live in Cornwall so at Christmas and Easter etc people go home and we dont have a team which causes us to miss a lot of fixtures.

the main reason this season though as i said in an earlier post about a couple of months ago was earlier in the season we had a load of problems with referees not wanting to turn up or not being available or whatever. we missed three weeks of games thanks to the refs not being there, add that to the games when weather conditions have been unplayable.

we've also had situations when we've offered the oposition a different referee (properly qualified and stuff) but not the one officially down to ref it. they've turned around and said it's the 'policy' to only play with the proper ref.

playing in a sunday league would be exactly the same situation so theres no point in that. we ask teams to play on sundays because we are trying to play saturday and sunday!

and plus dont you like midweek games? splits up dont it?! gives another chance to play without waiting for a whole week i would have thought most people liked them.

i can apologise on behalf of CSM for the amount of games we've played, it winds me up aswell!

Guest Postie Pidge

There should be no need for apologies. SoM have been in the league for years and I'm sure if there was a problem back then, then someone would have raised it.

St Lukes College were former members of the Western and South Western League along with their reserves and they started after everyone else, played Sundays and extra midweek games.