Plymstock United 4 Looe Town 0

St Austell  4 Saltash United 0

Tavistock 3 Liskeard Athletic 0

Division One 

Newquay 1 Morwenstow 1 

Roche 2 St Teath 0

St Blazey 0 St Stephen 3

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

St Austell comprehensively outplaying Saltash this afternoon, great hat trick from the impressive Kieron Bishop. League title race wide open now! 

As two of the top three playing each other I thought I would take in my first ECPL league game for a while!

Have to say St Austell deserved the win. Looked quite a young side and so promising future for the Poltair club.

Saltash never really looked like troubling the home side once they fell behind and I’m assuming I caught them on a bad day, although they were up against a lively opposition.

I was just looking to see if Torpoint can still have a say in the title race which they can, but they came unstuck today in the League Cup - great result for St Minver!   

Fair play to the lads at st minver. poor performance from us defensively, and didn’t play the conditions as well as st minver. Doesn’t matter who you play-if you give a side a 3-0 lead always going to struggle. I did think once we got it back to 3-3 we were going to push on and win but wasn’t to be. Good luck in the next round. 

15 hours ago, rob brown said:

Fair play to the lads at st minver. poor performance from us defensively, and didn’t play the conditions as well as st minver. Doesn’t matter who you play-if you give a side a 3-0 lead always going to struggle. I did think once we got it back to 3-3 we were going to push on and win but wasn’t to be. Good luck in the next round. 

Thanks Rob, was a good competitive game played in difficult conditions and Torpoint were very gracious in defeat. Looking forward to the semi at St Austell now! Best of luck with the rest of your season!

On 04/03/2019 at 23:58, teflon123 said:

See Tavistock fielded 6 first team players in their reserve side and could only muster a 3-0 win.

Where has all their normal players gone or were they left out to accommodate 1st team players??

It was actually 8 players who have represented the first team that played last weekend.

4 regulars which included a keeper, ours was away. And 4 of our regulars that have played for the first team this year. Great to work as one club, players happy to just represent the club. We gained the benefits of giving players returning from injuries or needing minutes, in aiding young players development playing with them (as well as adding numbers with few unavailabilities). I thought this was the whole point of a reserve / second team....

The remark about only mustering a 3-0 win against Liskeard I feel is unfair. Liskeard are a good team full of great lads, they didn’t once give up even after a very early couple goals. We look forward to the reverse fixture at their place as I’m sure they are as well.

1 hour ago, BGargett said:

It was actually 8 players who have represented the first team that played last weekend.

4 regulars which included a keeper, ours was away. And 4 of our regulars that have played for the first team this year. Great to work as one club, players happy to just represent the club. We gained the benefits of giving players returning from injuries or needing minutes, in aiding young players development playing with them (as well as adding numbers with few unavailabilities). I thought this was the whole point of a reserve / second team....

The remark about only mustering a 3-0 win against Liskeard I feel is unfair. Liskeard are a good team full of great lads, they didn’t once give up even after a very early couple goals. We look forward to the reverse fixture at their place as I’m sure they are as well.

Unfortunate mate you will have to put up with snide remarks like this when you run a club properly.